any other over 35 first time mums?

separation anxiety - yes, a bit. LO will actually play us off one another when we are in the same room! At creche, he seems to like most of the care-givers there, but one in particular, he loves! and will literally throw himself into her arms! I've read that SA can last until 3, so I wouldn't worry too much (I mean, we ALL worry too much!)

um....not much else; filled out an application for a school in Portsmouth and there are a few in the London area, but now, OH has decided that I will have to get a great salary, so he can do nothing.....yeah, see how that works in your little bedsit/one room while LO and I have a lovely house near a lovely park, etc. TBH, it's probably best if we are going to relocate, to do it this year rather than next year as LO would start nursery/preschool in 2015....

still have a cold/flu with a slight temperature but at least the meds are helping, but I can't lie down properly to sleep and got a crick in my neck from using more pillows - I firmly believe that it was the 12 hours flight from London to Singapore (on our way to Perth) back in 2008 that did something to my neck (I did have a cat-scan or MRI? but they couldn't find anything....)

hugs to all and to all, GOOD SLEEP!

bye

SK--can you teach without a teaching degree? Here, you can't. And your OH is aware that if you get a job and he is home, that you can now dump creche, as he will be the all-day, full-time caretaker, right? Where would you move to? To London? I'm so sorry about your flu! Why do you think an airplane flight did this to your neck?

Kitty--here I am complaining all the time about not being able to go out and the accompanying boredom. But are you able to leave the house with B, yet? Can you explain how it works? Did you get to go outside last summer at all? And now?

Re: SA--well then, I hope that things work out with my sister and the sep. anxiety. If it ends at three years, and the LO has to go to nursery at a year and a half, I still don't see how it will work. But other children have problems with SA, and still go to nursery, so my sis and BIL won't be alone.

AFU--We went swimming again yesterday, and OH came, too. J found a watering can, and spent a marvellous majority of the time pouring water on all three of our heads. And you could see J's lips turn blue and him shivering as he worked, and we kept asking him if he wanted to go, and he refused. That's my swimmer! He also would walk without fear into deeper waters to submerse his cold shoulders and would stop when he began to swallow water. He didn't even care; it was just a sign to stop walking.

J's also allowing me to take his hand and walk together now. Before it was so hard; if OH wasn't there, I had to carry him myself or he'd run off. Now he sweetly lets me takes his tiny hand and we creep along, as I match his tiny stride. OH won't even consider doing this with J, as his stride is so long and he refuses to truncate it, even for his son. This is a very strange aspect of my OH's character. OH used to stand at the front of crowds, blocking everyone's view because he is so tall. When I pointed this out, he said "So? It's not my fault they're short!" In fact, he did something similar on our first date that makes people wonder why I even stayed with him.

We went to see a movie in a really, really old theatre in downtown TO. We were in the front row. As we were watching, the ceiling started to fall on us in huge chunks! A friend of mine, who was sitting next to me, had one land solidly on her head. I turned to OH to see what we were going to do, and I saw him halfway towards the emergency EXIT door, leaving the theatre! He didn't even look back once to see if I were okay! I asked him afterwards what on earth he was thinking. He said that he knew that I was close to the door, and figured I was safe, so it wasn't necessary to watch out for me! He wasn't even out in the alley when I finally came out; I found him around the block, smoking a cigarette. Again, I asked him what he was doing??? He said that when the firemen arrived, he felt nervous smoking in front of them, so he took off again. :saywhat: :dohh:

When people wonder why I agreed to date him a second time, I tell them that I felt he was a "lost soul who needed to learn some manners!" I, of course, was going to be the one to change him! :haha:

SK--I forgot to ask about F playing you two, when you're in the same room. How does he do it?

Am I reading this correctly? Did he heave you behind to save himself & have a cig? :saywhat:

I just love it when they take your hand....it's soooo incredibly sweet, isn't it? :cloud9:

clio - you can teach in a private school in the UK without a teaching qualification, but there is a scheme that allows you to become qualified while you work. There is a huge difference between state/public schools (USA) and public (UK) schools (now called Independent schools) in that my education, e.g. Oxbridge, matters a great deal as well as a PhD and salary is usually respectable to start....oh, and yes, OH is aware that if I'm working and he's at home, he is supposed to be doing the housework and looking after LO, strange how that translates until sleeping until 10.30 am and then complaining that I made him do some housework (e.g. about 15 minutes worth)....as for jobs, I'm looking within an hour of London or the north (Newcastle or Leicester or York?) as OH could get a decent job in London or in the north, my salary will cover us for awhile as it's much cheaper up there....and I hit my head/neck or slept wrong or a whiplash injury to my neck while on a plane....and separation anxiety in the same room: LO will be in my arms, but want daddy or the opposite and start moaning/whining, etc., for the other parent.

not a good day today as I had no sleep last night (hard to breathe and everytime I got comfortable, LO was waking me up or I would wake him up) and then LO was stroppy most the day (so was I) and OH now loses his gold star as he stayed in bed until 12, took a shower, made himself breakfast and generally wasted as much as possible doing....? GROWL! and then, LO had a temperature on and off all day with terrible teething, but seems okay-ish now.....aargh.

better go as must do laundry!
bye!

You're ill! Let him do the laundry! :growlmad:

hahahaha!

It's mine and LOs, I never do OH's because something always goes wrong (he left a tissue in a pair of jeans so I had to literally pick out the pieces), etc...!

hugs

Your hubby stayed in bed til 12 Sk? You are too nice, I would have been in there screaming by about 9.30.....

Whose hubby is currently #1 this month in the 'Clueless :bike: Hubby' contest?

We may need to reassess...:haha:

Clio I can guarantee you that my dh would have been standing beside him lighting up.. AND wondering why I was pissed off! Sometimes you just have to laugh..

Talking of which comments made to me this morning in Church...
'Oh love look at the size of you, oh you are just huge, you are never going to make 3 weeks' (shes a lovely lady and a nurse but shut up!)
'you are going to go anytime'
'You haven't dropped at all'
'im sure you have dropped'
'That baby is coming soon'
'gosh really are big'
Etc. Etc....

What happened hello how are you? I feel like I'm going to be late cause everyone keeps telling me I won't last!

Oh and L took a nap for an hour at 3pm so wouldn't go to bed until 10... I can't decide if nap is worth the extra late bedtime!

Ok I'm tired, grumpy and HUGE so will catch up tomorrow xx

Argh and I forgot to say my numpty of a sil put a comment on the pic of L and her daughter at the park about when Ls baby sister arrives... Really if I'd wanted to tell the world baby was meant to be a girl via FB maybe I would have said so myself??? Raging!

yes, but storm - getting up at 9.30am would have meant no real recovery from the hangover from last night (6 cans, I had 1 1/2 and poured most of the 2nd one down the sink as didn't feel like it - which also meant that I couldn't really ask for his help at 3am when I was very bad (coughing, etc.,) and no -- no smoking recently!))...must go to bed as I have to work tomorrow....!

hugs and bye

p.s. my worst with OH was...we were walking in Rome and some guy came up to me and put his hands on my chest, which really shook me up (although I think the guy was learning disabled) and OH's response when I yelled at him: 'I thought you knew him' WTF? I think he was trying to make a joke, but aargh!

'I thought you knew him'!!!!!!! :rofl::haha::haha::haha:

Storm...you should have slapped one if them & blamed the pregnancy hormones....:)

My FIL called to see if N we feeling ok because he thinks he now has the 'flu or something' & hoped he didn't pass it to N. We told him N seemed fine. M took him to the playground & then to get my car washed & when they came back, he refused dinner & seemed a bit groggy. I felt his forehead & he felt warm so we took his temperature & it was 101F (38.3C :winkwink:). He had his flu vaccine. Maybe he's just teething. Idk why, but I get a bit scared when he's unwell.

More later...N is asking for Mama...

Exchange with J, while changing his diaper.

J points at his penis.
J: penis!
Me: That's right! That's your penis!
J: Elephants eat penis.
Me: No sweetie, elephants eat peanuts. Can you say "peanuts"?
J: Peanuts!
Me: And what's that down there? I point at his penis.
J: A gorilla!!!

:shrug:

Survived weekend without oh just about! H seems to have cracked potty training herself! After several aborted attempts she just seems to have done it her own way. Won't count chickens yet though!

Re separation anxiety - having been fine for ages h has recently been screaming when I drop her at nursery and saying she dioesnt want to go. Its horrid! Tempting sometimes to give in, but back at work soon so can't set a precedent

Oh SK I'm sorry but your Rome story is hilarious, he thought you knew him! So it's ok for acquaintances to grab you?

Clio Mr J is a little comedian, funny boy.

LW, I'm avoiding the potty training at the moment but if L asks we take her, I reckon we still have time :)

Dhs cousin is having her baby today (section) and I'm jealous, potentially I have 5 more weeks.... Noooooooooooooooo

L is snoozing beside me, should be getting ready for nursery but I haven't the heart to wake her to pack her out the door... I was looking at her little sleeping face thinking I want her to stay small forever, I love that little girl SO much and tbh it's taken me a long time to get there, bless her. I mean I've always liked her and wanted to protect her but sometimes now I feel like I'm going to explode I love her so much :)

Exchange with J, while changing his diaper.

J points at his penis.
J: penis!
Me: That's right! That's your penis!
J: Elephants eat penis.
Me: No sweetie, elephants eat peanuts. Can you say "peanuts"?
J: Peanuts!
Me: And what's that down there? I point at his penis.
J: A gorilla!!!

:shrug:

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back