any other over 35 first time mums?

Well AF got me and 4 days early, so back to a 9 day LP :cry:

It's only been 4 months, I know but I am over TTC and breastfeeding, I just don't know what my body is doing, is it breastfeeding or just the new me? Sophia will have her MMR at 15 months then we will wean. I think she'll be fine, she hardly asks for it anymore, more me offering and then she happily eats away and then bites....as in bites and pulls :nope: enough!

Right off to soft play. Have a lovely day everyone x

Charlie it must be the bfing? At least if Sophia is basically self weaning you don't have to feel bad when you do.. right? I am SO glad I will never ever ever have to ttc again... It's so stressful! L was just over 16 months when I got my bfp and my friend did say it would be a lot easier if I waited til she was 2 1/2 for baby's due date (she has 2 years between hers and noticed her eldest was much easier a few months later) but no I couldn't wait... Doh! L is certainly getting easier as in easier to entertain!

As for 'funny' oh stories, mine bought me a digital photoframe last year and then proceeded to put photos on it of HIS family! WTF! Only just topped by his sh&t Christmas presents this year. I gave the old cat one of my old dressing gowns so oh asked if I would like a new one for Christmas... My answer NO I have another 3 I absolutely do not need one... Can you guess where this is going? So he asked if I'd like a tablet, I say yes, so bearing in mind I bought him a tv, clothes, pjs, 1 million aftershave, filled his stocking with bits and pieces, pjs, superman man if steel DVD he wanted etc.. what did I get.. a huge dressing gown, cheap handbag and purse from bhs and a Cheryl Cole autobiography??? I don't even like Cheryl Cole! And he realized on Christmas eve he was meant to do my stocking, so I got 3 magazines and 3 bags of sweets from the garage... At this point is like to say I did everything else for Christmas ALL the presents including his parents, aunt, nephews.. all the shopping, food etc. He only had to think about me and failed epically... Men eh?

Hello everyone,

I have been reading but I think I am a little behind so will try to do my best here to reply to some of the comments:).

Clio: J story was hilarious :haha:!!! Gorilla!!!!:haha:
And I can just imagine how depressed you would get during the winter time. I lived in Chicago for 2 1/2 years and I hated.

Indigo: hope N is okay and no flu:).

Storm: I feel for you girl. I hated the last month so much!!! And you OH is the honorary worst OH of the month for sure!!! I cannot believe he didn't give you what you wanted for Christmas :growlmad:!!!
Your SIL must be feeling bad that she forgot about no mentioning the sex of the baby on fb. That sounds like something I would do :dohh:! Totally forget about it and than go oops :dohh:!!!

Lightweight: I am glad you survived the weekend :thumbup:. I went to a baby shower and the step daughter of the girl having the baby wrote a little letter to her soon to be born sister. It made me rethink the "having another baby" idea. But than I met a man on my MIL neighborhood and he has a 5 year old and a 16 months old and he said he was so done with having kids :haha:! He was the one staying home with the kids and he reminded me how hard it is the first year. :wacko: So I am back to no more babies for now. :haha:

Charlie: sorry you got your AF:(. I can totally relate about how stressful every month is with ttc. I bet it is because you are still breastfeeding. Once you wean S you will get pregnant soon:).

Little T just woke up. It is 7am!!!!! Cannot believe it and I have been awake for more than one hour!!!
Anyways we had a lovely weekend with family. My MIL had hip replacement done and is doing great. Her second time around so now she is has a true bionic hips. :haha:. The weather was gorgeous on high 60's. And today we are suppose to be on the mid 70's so we are ongoing for a bike ride and park for sure:). Little t is being so cute babbling a lot more and trying to say things.
We saw my SIL and she is going back and forth on staying married or getting a divorce. She is a mess right now, poor thing. I feel for her.

Anyways have to go get little t. Talk to you girls later:).

SK--Seriously--he thought you knew him??? An interesting interpretation of events... :rofl:

Lightweight--that's amazing that H did it on her own! :wohoo: Can she send an instruction manual to J? Remind me, I'm sorry--I've forgotten the ages of your LOs.

Charlie--It sounds like S is weaning herself, as Storm said. I'm sorry, I can't add anything because I bottle fed. But if I had J biting me, I'd be dropping the BF pretty darn quick. Would she notice that she's no long getting the boob?

Borboleta--no leaving the "no more babies" group! Angel and I shouldn't be left alone! Indigo, please also remain ambivalent.

Is J too young to have conditioner? I've put off getting his hair done for so long that he has a terrible rat's nest in the back. Today I will call the kids' haircut place. Today I will!!!

We have music class this morning, and I'll be interested to see what J does today. Maybe he will behave a little better, after his positive Active Tots program last Wednesday. Actually, all I need is more kids to misbehave, and then J will no longer be the odd man out. That's all I ask: more kids wreaking havoc. Pretty please! Okay, I'm going to see if my hair is salvageable.

N still has a low grade fever & just wants Mama, poor baby. I guess going to the cinema w my sister is out. Today is MLK Jr Day here, so DH is home. I'm going to harass him until he puts all the Xmas decorations in the attic.

So sorry, Charlie! :hugs: I'm sure your cycle will be ok after you stop BFing. Until then, why not just test for your LH surge & 'practice' DTD?

Oh, I'm off the TTC bandwagon ATM....I just can't be bothered. The thought of TTC & being pregnant & having MS & possibly having another CS & then eventually having 2 toddlers at once just fills me w dread. :nope:

Clio
If he needs a conditioner, then he needs a conditioner. I remember seeing a kids' leave-in conditioner spray that was supposed to be ok for LOs.

Ok...I guess Storm's hubby is still #1! :haha:

I'm pretty sure my kitty is dying. :cry:

clio - we sometimes use a little conditioner as LO's hair can get a little rough in the back...

another 'annoyed with OH moment', but also proof that my OH is the laziest person...GROWL, He's supposed to be 'studying' when LO is at creche and I'm at work, but today, after recounting a tale of woe (he went to the bank to open an account and deposit a cheque) asks if he can go study as he didn't do any today. (He had to loook after LO for 2 hours because I had some errands to do), and he started complaining about how he never has times to study, etc. and my response was: what time did you get up? 9.30 so the visit to the bank took 4 hours (he goes to pick up LO around 2)? and was told to shut up....

aaargh!

Indigo, what's up with your kitty?

Sk he works on man time, where all child free time is to be used by the man for activities as deemed appropriate by the man... Necessary activities will require child supervisor by the wife :)

Ps ladies I desperately want someone else's oh to top the leaderboard this month. In fairness to dh he did eventually take L to nursery, she was so late she nearly missed her tiny tunes class (singing and instrument playing we pay extra for), walk the dog, put the rubbish out and disinfect all 3 litter trays. I went back to bed.. my dad arrived 15 mins after I fell asleep and woke me! Grrrr, after I got showered, defuzzed and hair washed I fell asleep again for dhs aunt to text and wake me as dhs cousin has her baby, a little girl Isabella. So I gave up and just got up and on with it...

Storm: this is the 3rd baby girl I know it is being called Isabella. It must be a popular name now :thumbup:. We might have to put SK's OH on the run for worst OH of the month but your OH is still in :haha:. He better give you a tablet as a push gift :haha:.

Clio: don't worry I am still in on the no more babies group :thumbup:. And yes we are still in for our tummy tucks:thumbup:. How about in 2 years so we can save money for it? Wouldn't be funny for us to meet in Brasil right before we have our tummies cut :haha:!! We could room together and J and T can come visit us and play together :thumbup:. My OH would totally get along with your OH cause he loves deep conversations and history.

Indigo: sorry to hear about your cat. Is he old?

This morning we went to the park and enjoyed the weather. I already set up 2 playgroup with friends for this week. I wish we lived closer so we could have one for ourselves too :thumbup:.

Storm--I get tired just reading about your days. It sounds like you need to downsize. WAAAY too many creatures (human and animal) depend on you. :hugs:

Indigo--no! What's wrong with her?

Sabrina: I just went back and read your story about the man touching your boobs and your OHs response :haha:!!!! He is crazy!!! My OH would jump like a lion on top of the guy and punch him until someone was able to get him out of the guy :thumbup:!
That reminded me a day when OH push the landlord to the floor from our old apartment when we lived in Chicago. No need to say we were evicted :dohh:!

Storm: this is the 3rd baby girl I know it is being called Isabella. It must be a popular name now :thumbup:. We might have to put SK's OH on the run for worst OH of the month but your OH is still in :haha:. He better give you a tablet as a push gift :haha:.

Clio: don't worry I am still in on the no more babies group :thumbup:. And yes we are still in for our tummy tucks:thumbup:. How about in 2 years so we can save money for it? Wouldn't be funny for us to meet in Brasil right before we have our tummies cut :haha:!! We could room together and J and T can come visit us and play together :thumbup:. My OH would totally get along with your OH cause he loves deep conversations and history.

Indigo: sorry to hear about your cat. Is he old?

This morning we went to the park and enjoyed the weather. I already set up 2 playgroup with friends for this week. I wish we lived closer so we could have one for ourselves too :thumbup:.

Isabella is the number one girls name, currently, influenced by the character "Bella" in Twilight. Name trends are always very interesting.

Yay for tummy tucks! Losing all of this weight still left me with a saggy body with stretched skin. A tummy tuck would be perfect! I'm fine with everything else--that just needs a little work out, but the t-tuck...

Sabrina: I just went back and read your story about the man touching your boobs and your OHs response :haha:!!!! He is crazy!!! My OH would jump like a lion on top of the guy and punch him until someone was able to get him out of the guy :thumbup:!
That reminded me a day when OH push the landlord to the floor from our old apartment when we lived in Chicago. No need to say we were evicted :dohh:!

Wow! Your husband is a bruiser! But a protective one.

Clio: lol!! He is. I always tell him that he should have gone to the military. But I have a feeling if he ever beat someone really bad he would feel horrible afterwards. He wants thiago to go do Brazilian Jiu jitsu at the age of 3 and I said no way! I would like him to go do some karate, judo, or any other kind of martial arts. Than maybe when he is about 7 years old I will let him start Jiu jitsu. But what I really want him to do is capoeira. It started in Brasil with the slaves as a way to practice martial arts without the white people knowing what they were doing. So it looks like a dance/ martial art but they call it a game. I did once in Brasil and couldn't walk to 3 days!!!! A lot of squatting! And the men and woman that do it look so good physically speaking. I know a Brazilian guy here and could teach thiago when he is ready so I am just waiting for when he is about 4 and let's see how he does. And of course I would love if thiago would play a musical instrument of his choice. How about you ladies, any future plans for your LO's?

And that explains why the Isabella name :thumbup:. I like it:). I actually saw all the twilight movies :haha:. Yesterday we saw "the butler" with Oprah. It was very good. But I do agree with OH and the cinematography looked a little like TV movie rather and a movie.

Lol ladies, this Isabella is called after her granny, I didn't realise it was so popular!

Did I mention dh is a black belt in akidio? Soon to be ex sil is a 4th Dan black belt in Karate, if she was over here I would have L booked in for classes.

Ladies book me in for the tummy tuck and a boob job please :)

As for downsizing the animals, I could never do that, but they certainly won't be replaced when they go :)

Wow Storm- df and myself are impressed with the martial art prowess!
Df is currently waiting to go for his black belt in karate, but hasn't had the time to train much with Christmas and birthdays etc.

Wow Storm- df and myself are impressed with the martial art prowess!
Df is currently waiting to go for his black belt in karate, but hasn't had the time to train much with Christmas and birthdays etc.

Lol yeah I wouldn't mess with her :) I almost wish she was here for free lessons... The only black belt im likely to get is in cake eating :)

And a quote from my dad tonight 'are you going for the roundest person in the world award?' He's lucky I love him or he would have got a slap...

And sil said giving birth isn't painful (by heck I thought it hurt) and ended up delivering her 3rd herself in the bathroom as her then hubby was opening the door to the paramedics..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->