any other over 35 first time mums?

Errrrr storms dad..........your daughter is in the latter stages of pregnancy!!!
Men! Even dads can be silly idiots :winkwink:

And sil said giving birth isn't painful (by heck I thought it hurt) and ended up delivering her 3rd herself in the bathroom as her then hubby was opening the door to the paramedics..

We'll it hurt me too! Lol she is clearly a freak of nature?! :haha:

Storm: can you post a picture of yourself here as you are at the moment :thumbup:. I cannot believe that you are that huge :winkwink:.

Clio - h is 2years and 9 months, g is 1 on Thursday.

We tried potty training back in summer but she got very distressed so we gave up. She'd sit on potty on and off but nothing would happen. Then in October ( on my birthday!) she asked to try again, did her first wee on potty, but after a couple of days got frustrated again.

This time she tried last week one day at nursery, but didn't want to do at home, then at weekend she was trying, by sat evening she said she needed potty and took herself off, took her leggings down, nappy off and weed on potty! Sun morning she did a poo and was very pleased with herself, the rest of the day she wore a nappy, but kept it dry and asked for toilet when she needed it! By no means saying we've cracked it but its huge leap forward

Good morning ladies, am way behind again I know. I find it difficult to keep up these days :( So just briefly from what I remember.

Sabrina :rofl: wow what a line! Even my weed of a man would have probably punched the guy!

Clio I laughed so much at the gorilla story! How like a "man" ;). I told OH and he thought it cute too even though he is so oddly uptight. (he wants us to actually call the boys' bits their "bits". :dohh:)
As for your first date I think your DH should be so grateful that you consented to go on a second date! Golly! But as for the tall thing, I agree, why should he move just cause everyone else is shorter lol. My male family members are all extremely tall (6'3 or 1m90 my dad and his brothers and 6'5 or 1m96 my brother) so I can see their point of view.

Storm you are such a loving wife wanting to have someone else be on the top spot for worst husband :hugs:. I am sure he is perfectly lovely most of the time so don't worry. Plus mine is permanently on the top spot for what he did in the past ;)
And I was so touched with your description of how you could burst with love for L. I know what you mean. :) I had a terrible night with Sebastian being awake from 3 to 4:30 chatting to himself and then Dominic waking and chatting to himself at 5:30. (And once again OH and I only made to bed at 1am!) And yet when I went in to them and they smiled at me I rushed over and gave them hugs. Love them so much!

LW yay for Potty training :D I must say I am not looking forward to this with my boys :( But hopefully everyone elses LO will have been trained by the time I attempt it and will give good advice ;)

Indigo I will never get used to Sebastian banging his head and it hurts me every time he does it! I always rush over and pick him up and try and distract him. I know he doesn't do it very hard but sometimes he does have a bit of a bruise on his forehead and it is dreadful to see. But I am not always fast enough to prevent it happening. :(
I hope you are wrong and your kitty will recover soon :hugs:

Borboleta I loved the pics of T on FB! He is such a handsome cutie and such an uncanny mix of both you and your DH!

I gave the boys a few raisins for breakfast so they are occupied while I rush off this post. Sorry I cannot mention everyone. :(
I am off to Switzerland this evening but will be back tomorrow afternoon. It is just for another lawyer thing and I know I am going to miss my boys so much. Thank golly my OH is so good at taking care of them! But I wouldn't leave him for longer than 24 hours.
Got to go Dominic is shouting Mummy done, mummy down!

And I meant to ask you all, how do you resist Mummy biccie PLEASE! I don't know how he got so clever about the please but he is getting results lol Oh gosh he is going to end up as round as me!

very brief and irrelevant! :haha:

borboleta - yes, capoeira! :thumbup:

storm - black belt in aikido? wow. :thumbup: I did aikido for a year or so. didnt get very far but loved it. and yes, please post the picture here not fb!

bad night last night - LO screaming with pain and kept screaming for dada, which made me feel absolutely useless that he didn't want my cuddles -- teeth are very bad and it's so heartbreaking....OH did take him to his bed, but neither slept too well -- I still have a cold/cough so it's better that OH did take him, but sob....(yes, I know OH is at home at the moment, but then OH will complain that he has to study, etc.)....

must go, but hugs to all!

bye!

Storm, well if your SIL is on her 3rd, things are probably a fair bit looser now, so maybe it does hurt less....bloody well hurt me! I really like the name Isabella, but it is so very popular now, I have 2 neighbours with girls called Isabella.

I know what you mean about age gaps and 2 and a half years, I am sure is ideal and I think it is probably is the best age gap, but I think 2 onwards is fine. But at 41 I don't want to hang around and if number 2 does come my way I doubt I'll get to choose when it happens! If I could I would be holding off TTC for the next 4 months, Due dates would coincide with Sophia's birthday, my birthday and then Christmas, but what to do? :shrug:

Clio, I don't think Sophia would really miss the boob tbh, it's me that wants her to carry on getting my antibodies mainly what with my job and germs etc, but now that I get lots of cuddles, she eats well, is fit and healthy I am ready to wean too. As for the biting, it's only once she's done that she does it but today she came off and went back on only to bite me then she gave me one of those smiles, followed by her very loud hearty laugh! she is cheeky!

Talking of biting, was it kitty who said Blake had bitten you? Sophia walked up it me the other day cuddled my leg and then had a good bite of my knee...twice! Oh dear!

Borboleta, so did you show T the photo of L in her tutu? Was he impressed?

Oh and Storm, have you chosen a name yet?

Hi everyone,

I will write more later, but just 2 quick questions:

- for the boys mommies: do your LOs leak pee on their clothes after a nap or after sleeping at night? I think I forgot how to put diapers on thiago because the past 2 days he has been leaking a lot :dohh:!! I thought about the night time diapers.

- and he is not that interested in holding a fork. How do you do it?

Borboleta Dominic sometimes leaked pee in the morning but it isn't that often. I think only if he has had more than two sippies full of drink with his dinner. Mostly he has explosions of almost runny poo and those do sometimes leak. So we have started putting him in bigger nappies just for the night and since then it has been fine

I cannot remember who asked about the conditioner for their LO's hair (Clio was it you?) but I kept meaning to say that we need leave in conditioner for Dominic's hair. As it is so very curly, it is also quite dry and at the back he was starting to have dread locks and the combing really hurt and upset him. We now use both shampoo and leave in conditioner from Original Sprout. It is only natural ingredients, has no hormones (who knew there can be hormones in shampoo?!) and is totally vegan. And it smells nice. Since then Dominic's hair doesn't matt so and is much easier to brush through. I use Tangle teezer which really doesn't hurt him at all. He still doesn't like it but he no longer cries and sobs. :thumbup:

Clio I use conditioner on Ls hair randomly, she doesn't need it but apparently it's good practice to randomly fine comb their hair in the bath just incase they ever get headlice (yuk)... That's when I had the conditioner, but she has very fine hair that gets greasy easily...but she has a lot of hair!

Kosh you need a fb account, I still struggle to upload pics to here, I think I'm being stupid, but I'm always posting from my phone too...

Charlie if I was you I wouldn't be able to hold off either, I guess it will happen when it does regardless of due dates! Sure L has the worst birthday ever, 29th Dec, too close to Christmas for people to want to do much, so I fully intend to have a half year birthday party for her in June :). As for names, nope, I'm pretty settled on Leah Julia Rose but haven't told dh as all he does is say no and doesn't suggest anything! I'm going to be in shock if it's a boy!

Sk these teeth are terrible, L was crying so much until 12.10 I actually lost the plot, she was screaming for her daddy and I snapped. Then she sobbed so much I felt like a terrible mummy, I had to leave the room for 2 mins and then apologized and brought her in with me but I'm finding the sleep deprivation at 37 weeks pregnant tough! Dh was at work so I was alone, she did sleep better with me, had me awake 4 times, the pain in my back and hip had me awake more mind you!

Anyway we went to mums and tots today and she loved it, she actually left me a good few times to go play with the play doh. Then we went out for lunch and to the pound shop lol. She had a complete meltdown in the pound shop... Over plastic plates and cups she wanted them open, I was that parent with the screaming child, she was tired and is now sleeping in her carseat while I sit in the car.. I also saw another ex bf today, that's 2 I've seen in recent weeks! This one was a guy called Carlo that I dated for a year when I was 19 and I haven't seen him since, wow did he look old! I guess it has been 19 years but even so....

Ok time for a drink and biscuit while miss L naps... (good old pound shop ..) lol

at least I'm not alone...and I almost snapped....thanks, storm -- better go as LO is at least calling momma this time...!

hugs!

need I say more?

Attachments

• sharkbambino.jpg
    sharkbambino.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1
Okay, I am back.

Angel: I think I am going to the store later and buy thiago a small pack of size 6 diapers and try them at night. At least if just pee and not poop like Dom :haha:. And I can imagine how his little hair can get all tangled. Por thing. Glad that you found something to help with his lovely curls :kiss:. And so cute your story about more biccies :haha:. I am a softy like you :thumbup:. I would give him the whole package :haha:!! And his speech is coming amazing!! He is a lot better than thiago. :thumbup:

Charlie: If S would give me a huge smile like the one on fb after a bite I would completely forget about what just happened. She is just so stincking cute!!! And I forgot to show thiago L's tutu picture. I have to do it:).

Storm: I still want to see the picture of you, kitty and kosh. I am waiting, I better get a chair ...:haha:.
And so understand the odd child in the group:dohh:! Today I took thiago the Velcro baby to a play group and guess what thiago did not leave my side .... Yes thiago the Velcro baby :wacko:!! I had to sit with him and play with him and than he wants me to hold him, etc. the whole 1 hour and 1/2 he was with me. " Just enjoy it Danielle" it will end at the age of 3 :wacko:! But seriously I think I will miss when he stops doing that because I am so used to it now :dohh:!

Sabrina: I love the shark baby picture :haha:!!! You need to get that costume for him for Halloween :winkwink:!!

Okay, I am caught up:). Bye:).

Yes, N used to leak every week. We switched diapers & it's better now, but he still leaks once in a while because he's a drinker. We used to use the Target Up & Up diapers & switched to overnights.

image.jpg

Ok ladies, here's a question for you.? Can you see the necklace in the picture?
My df and me are really angry/ pissed off with this item.This was a birthday gift given to lucy! Yes, that's right a 2 year old,I put everything in my mouth year old!
Not only is it not silver or any sort of precious metal (cheap rubbish) but it has these dangly pendants on it which if given to her she would more than likely pull off and at worst put in her mouth and choke.
The thing is, this present wasn't bought by a person who has no children, it was a gift from df's brother and sil who have 4year old and 18month old girls!! Wtf? What a thoughtless gift.
I could have accepted it if it was silver or something, then I would keep it for when she is older, but seriously? A gift for a 2 year old.:growlmad:
Are we being silly?

Hmm Clairey, the safety aspect wouldn't bother me, I would just put it away BUT without being rude it's just tacky and cheap looking. Did they buy anything else???

Nope Clairey, that's a very odd and inappropriate gift for a 2 yr old. Fine if it was, as you say, a lovely piece of jewelry to keep for later. Maybe they asked their 4 yr old what she wanted to give Lucy? :shrug:

Hmm Clairey, the safety aspect wouldn't bother me, I would just put it away BUT without being rude it's just tacky and cheap looking. Did they buy anything else???

Nope, that was it!
I know if I gave it to her it would be snapped in less than a minute,so it's such a stupid gift.
Yes,it's cheap and nasty!:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->