any other over 35 first time mums?

Eh, I'm just replying as the whim hits me...

Storm--how on earth do you deal with four litter boxes? Always after clearing out our two, I wonder how heavy your bags are, because my plastic bag is always ridiculously heavy! How do you go about disinfecting the trays? Do you throw out all the litter?

Pic of L in tutu! Show me, please! I hate all this FB stuff; I understand how easy it is to upload things, but I hardly ever look at it. It's always just full of feeds from stupid people I barely know.

Borboleta--definitely have T do whatever the former slave martial art stuff is. The history of it is awesome! I wonder if they teach it here in Canada...

Where is T leaking? That can usually tell you where the problem is. I think I've said this before, but Huggies Overnights are what get us through. And if we have to move up to the next size but still have some of the old ones left, we just put a second one on backwards. Stops all leaks. For the daytime, Pampers works quite well, even after naps.

Re: Forks--we've given him regular sized forks to use, and call them a "big person's fork." Works like a charm, and he can use it really well, too.

kosh--"Stuck" just arrived, and I love it! I am so tempted to buy all of his books, right now! How is Click, Clack, Moo going?

Angel--what is this lawyer business? I think I missed one of your posts, in particular, the one where S is banging his head. Are you worried? I remember reading that it is one way to alleviate the pain of teething. J used to do it against the picture window. I looked at the conditioner, and it's a bit pricey to my mind. Maybe there is something from Burt's Bees I can use. Unless they're just as expensive. I'm afraid that I'm going to take J to the hairdresser's and they'll say that his hair is so ruined that they'll have to buzz cut it!

Charlie--waah! I want lots of cuddles, too! Why did I have to have a boy that can't stop moving long enough to be cuddled?

We bought J paints and brushes and butcher paper. My silly BIL let J paint just before dinner at their place, and that was it for J and eating. :growlmad: Then he gave J paint to take home: blue and yellow, which also makes green. Oh, and a brush. Perfect. So now J insisted on painting this morning, and OH let him, and inexplicably put him in new clean, good clothes. Then OH disappears, and I am paying no attention to the time, because I just woke up, and am enjoying my coffee, and then suddenly realized that I had 15 minutes to get him ready for Fauziah's. At least, I thought, his jeans are clean, so he'll only need a new top. But as I changed his top, I discovered his pants were covered in green paint, and now I had to go back up and get new pants. :grr: Other terrible toddler mishaps occurred as well, of course...

That's utterly bizarre! What a weird choice? I bought my 2 year old niece a tiny fairy necklace for being my flowergirl, but it was silver with a tiny diamond and was given as something she could keep, I never expected her to wear it at 2, I also got her a teddy though.

Seriously though thats really random. I wonder what their reasoning was? Did you have to open it infront of them? I'm not sure what I would have said! Are they strapped for cash?

Borboleta sorry no photo tonight I forgot and took my make up off :) I also spent 2 hours doing a photobook of Ls last year and was all photo'd out...

Aha Clio, we have 3 litter boxes, 1 for resident cat and the other 3 share 2. They get scooped every day, resident cats fully emptied every 2 days and the other 2 about twice a week. I use litter tray liners and the litter goes in black bags... There is so much that dh has to pop to the dump as the bin can't take it all...

Ok ok tutu shot and bump shot tomorrow... I need time on the laptop though.

L is in size 6 pamper nappies at night and I still had to change her twice last night... But then again my child has a hardcore milk habit..

Just to add, I'd like the baby out now please, I'm so over being pregnant..

Also L has to have the same plate and cutlery as us, no little people stuff!

N has a fever & spots. His MMR was given on the 10th. :(

My cat is yowling incessantly, sleeping 23 hours/day, totally deaf, his eyesight is failing & he has dementia. He gets lost constantly & sometimes doesn't recognize us. He is isolating himself & only eating a little tuna 1x/day.

Claire
I think it's a re-gift. So tacky! Just gift it back. :winkwink:

Borboleta
We do the same thing as Clio. N doesn't use any toddler stuff. His plates & bowls & cups are Corelle. It makes him feel & feed like a big boy. He uses the little adult forks & spoons. He even uses butter knives.

Which diapers are you using?

Indigo - N has measles?! Is he ok? :hugs:

Gael has an awful cold, he was coughing for hours last night and could not sleep. He seemed better tonight but then got fever. I had to lay down with him for two hours....

Claire - wow what a present! (wtf?) I agree with charlie maybe their 4year old picked it?

Indigo: sorry to hear about N :(. Poor thing. I think Finn didn't do very well with the MMR either right Sabrina?
Thiago is wearing a pampers cruisers number 5. I think I will try the Huggies over night and see what happens but like someone here said I will buy a small package to see if it is good for little t.

Kosh: poor G with a cold:(. Hope he feels better too. You mentioned you had to sleep with him for 2 hours but I thought you co slept. Is he in his own bed now?
And since I cannot miss my opportunity to mess with an Argentinian ( you know I love you :kiss:) :haha: what kind of conditioner you use in G's hair?
I went to a friend's baby shower this weekend and they are from Argentina and they had so many good food there!!!! The only thing I am mad at myself is that I didn't buy the baby a Brazilian soccer outfit :haha:!!! I would love to see my friends face :haha:!!!!! They are the best people, I love them dearly:).

Claire: I am with Clio. It is a regift. And like indigo said keep regifting but this time to an age appropriate child :thumbup:.

Storm: okay I will wait :thumbup:.

Clio: I bought thiago all that paint stuff and try to see what he would do with it and he didn't even want to touch it :dohh:! Mind you that was about 5 months ago, so I probably should try it again and see what he does.

And after reading all you ladies talking about regular fork and knifes for your LOs I will try that too :thumbup:. Thank you:).

No, he's reacting to the vaccine...the vaccine I wanted to wait on...but my DH wouldn't listen. I can't stand seeing him like this. :(

Poor Gael...I hope he feels better soon...:hugs:

No ladies, I don't think it's a Re gift as it has a little L on one of the charms?
As for the 4 year old choosing it? Well, if it were me I would have said so and made sure that the parents were aware of the poor choice of gift!
I don't think money Is an issue either, besides there's lots of things you could get that don't cost the earth. A few pots of play doh would have been better!!

I'm sorry to hear of the poorly babies on the thread! :-(
I hope they feel better soon.

Xxx

Indigo: which one do you have? We have diaper genie and I am pretty happy with it, unless I have to stick another diaper it and sometimes the old poop diaper stinks but if the lid is close I can't smell anything :thumbup:.

When we used a diaper pail (until we ran out of the refill bags and didn't want to buy more), ours was fine if we didn't put poopy diapers in there. So we tossed the poopy ones right out the back door. In a bag, of course. We've got a very neat pilot program going on here in Edmonton that is taking plastic diapers and using them to create ethanol.

I hope that G and N feel better soon, and that you guys aren't run too ragged taking care of them. Or, run ragged-er.

I was actually just joking when I said "a re-gift." But it does look like a supremely silly gift for a 2 yr old.

Re: big people's cutlery--we were having so much trouble with J getting his food down (well, we still are), that we were going for broke when it came to coming up with tricks. He wanted the fork, so I gave it to him. Same with the spoon. We emphasize each time that it's a "big person's" fork or spoon. We still feed him on plastic plates, though. That might be the next trick--to switch out the plates.

So I think I've figured out how to only follow you guys on FB. I've unfollowed a whole whack load of people. Does this mean that they also can no longer see my feed automatically? I still don't intend to post pictures there, though. I find this thread to be far more private.

OH got up at 4 am and J soon followed. I was awoken by OH, too. I swear, if he would just sleep longer, he wouldn't wake J up so early--I'm certain this is what's happening--and then he can stop pulling the "oh, I've been up with the boy since before 5 am" martyr act. I hate the martyr act. He does it very well and even makes it so that you can't even accuse him of it. :growlmad:

Borboleta--I think J's painted at Oma's and Fauziah's before, but this is the first time we've done it here. And he's now obsessed. I would try it again. T'd probably love to learn how to paint numbers and letters. OH is still driving me nuts by letting J work in clean clothes, then I have to change them for some reason, and then OH lets him paint in this new set of clean clothes. As a result, I am mad, and out of clean pants for J. I had to dig around in the hamper for ones clean enough that I can use this morning until others have been washed. J is now actually walking around in pjs also covered in paint. So, I say try it. It's a true hit here. Actually, it keeps him very quiet for quite a while. We got stretches of half an hour of independent play at a time because of the paints.

I saw that picture of the numbers T put in order. How awesome!

Hi! So much to catch up on here that I don't have time to properly post after reading (hopefully will during afternoon nap), but I wanted to post some pictures I know everyone is waiting for...

First one is from a few days ago while playing in his playpen...next 2 are from Christmas time...

Attachments

• IMG_2711 (2) (600x800).jpg
    IMG_2711 (2) (600x800).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2071.jpg
    IMG_2071.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2107.jpg
    IMG_2107.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2580 (2) (600x800).jpg
    IMG_2580 (2) (600x800).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 6
Sorry, don't know why they wont appear right side up, they do on my computer before I upload, but here's one of Buckeye boy in his highchair last week and then one of both of us together laughing a few days ago...

Attachments

• IMG_2580 (2) (600x800).jpg
    IMG_2580 (2) (600x800).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2820 (600x800).jpg
    IMG_2820 (600x800).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 7
Oh my gosh kitty he is adorable!! What a cutie!! I loove his smile! And you are lovely! Thank you soo much for sharing!! :D

K
He's so cuuuuute! I love his curls! I think he has your eyes.

B
We have the diaper genie, too.

C
I'm in a private FB group w some BnB ladies....we could do the same thing w this group...

N has more spots today & it's cold, so we're staying in today. I think his fever is gone.

More later....:hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"