any other over 35 first time mums?

Borboleta--you're right; so much about what we know about autism is about children, not adults. I hope that's what the future has in store for her.

Poor Thiago! I'm so mad at the cat! I'm sure that Thiago was being gentle & sweet...:cry:

I'm very sorry to read about R & M. I understand they won't officially diagnose her until later, but will are there resources to help in the meantime?

She's apparently having to fight for speech therapy b/c of the 3 yr minimum diagnosis.

Poor little T!!! Still, what a wonderfully sensitive little soul.

Ah poor Thiago, maybe that cat has had a bad experience with tail pulling which is why T got scratched. Yes the flat was lovely, a 2 bed garden flat, perfect for mum, so we have put forward an offer to rent it, we will see if my neighbour accepts it. It will be so much easier with mum next door as I do all mums shopping, medications and try to get her over for meals as she really doesn't eat much since dad died and has lost so much weight. It was easier when I was on mat leave and Sophia was younger, but harder the older Sophia is getting as she is at that age where she is into everything! So if mum was next door she can just come over for meals and we can pop in whenever! I really hope my neighbour accepts.

It is true that people with autism can do really well in life with great support, like I am sure m will get. I remember when I was a student I had to do a placement with children with learning disabilities. I had a girl who was 12 years old with retts syndrome. It only affects girls and children have totally normal development until age 2 and then they start regressing, verbally and physically. I just remember thinking how hard it must be to see your bright happy toddler who has developed normally and well slowly regress. It must be very hard to see that and hard to accept it.

Right today we are off to tiny teddies at the library. Clio I will let you know if Sophia sits with me at all, I have not been for ages but last time she didn't and she wasn't walking then. At home she just doesn't stop, so I need to wear her out! Yesterday I found her on top of my shelving unit going for the lamp! This is a busy age!

Charlie--is it bad for me to hope she doesn't stay with you? Though S is a year younger, so comparisons don't count. I talked to my MIL about it, and she said that she was surprised that the other kids stayed with their parents and assumed that they were shy. Great. Me, the painfully shy mother, has the biggest extrovert going.

ETA--J just slept until 7 am!!! Is the world ending?

Clio seriously don't worry! J is not that unusual. My boys never stay by my side either! Unless Sebastian is shy and wants to hide his face in my legs, he is off all over the place. The only time either of them do what they are supposed to do is when they can bash the airlog or Sebastian when bubbles are being blown. But Dominic said "nonono no like" when invited to enjoy bubbles. Mostly he wants to play with the gate anyway lol :dohh: and they are not the only ones like that in our group either.

Charlie--is it bad for me to hope she doesn't stay with you? Though S is a year younger, so comparisons don't count. I talked to my MIL about it, and she said that she was surprised that the other kids stayed with their parents and assumed that they were shy. Great. Me, the painfully shy mother, has the biggest extrovert going.

ETA--J just slept until 7 am!!! Is the world ending?

Well it was 70:30 with Sophia. As soon as we got there she was off, generally doing what she does which is picking up toys and walking around to all the parents handing them out! Then she pretty much wandered off babbling to the other children and on a couple of occasions sat down with a mum and baby and seemed quite happy, she is very social which is nice. For the last 10 minutes she sat with me, but I think she was hungry as she gobbled all her snacks very quickly afterwards. Tbh the other children were mixed with some staying with mum, others wandering off, I think it's totally normal and healthy Clio, shows inquisitive minds, which is what you want with a toddler :thumbup:

I bought Sophia a bumble bee back pack with reins today...it's so cute it has a little tail and a hood with antennas. Hope to try it after lunch today.

As I said, I asked my toddler guru MIL about it, and she made me feel ridiculous for taking J to these programs to begin with. But I'll keep at it; at the very least, at the last one, the room was big enough to run around in, so I guess I'm paying $125 to spend 10 weeks in a big room where J has lots of room. Lots of room to run around in is at a premium these days!

Today is swimming and soft play. At least he stays with me during swimming.:haha:

Charlie--now I understand why I was always confused about your real name and where to find your stuff on FB--there are two Claires!

Clio - have fun swimming today!

Charlie - that backpack sounds so cute, let us know how it goes, if S likes it or not.

Storm - still laughing at your comment about us calling you by your cat's name :haha: Once you said it, it all sounds so silly with our little nicknames here (silly, but fun too). Maybe we should call you EB or something? Charlie too, right? And I usually call Sabrina SK. :haha:

Kosh - yes, please create a fake fb account and join our new secret group, just use your real first name and a fake last name, so we can at least call you by your real name (still laughing...). We don't want to exclude you at all!! Dan does not like fb either, so I totally understand.

I remember a few questions I never responded to...

Exercise: before Blake, I used to walk/jog about 3-5 miles per day, usually 5-6 days a week. Or I'd go on hikes through the woods about the same distance, lots more fun than the treadmill in the basement, and I love animal spotting! We have a bunch of turkeys at a couple of the parks that I can't wait to show Blake! I'd also do Pilates a few times a week, and then dancing around my house like an idiot while listening to music and singing.

Now, I do try to park at the back of every parking lot when running errands, do some Pilates, and some dancing around and singing. Haven't been on that treadmill in months! Mostly I think lately my weight loss is more tied to my diet. I'll go through stretches of intentionally not eating any sweets, sugar, pop. Now I love cookies, so I'll enjoy some like at Christmas, then go a month or so without any sweets. Makes a huge difference, at least the way my body reacts to sugar.

Clio - you asked me to explain more about Blakey and staying in...well, now that it is so cold, he has been stuck in, but we did go out on walks in the neighborhood lots in spring, summer, fall (more in summer and fall). Our neighborhood is quite large, so we can stay in sidewalks and take another route easily if kids are out playing. He's played in the yard, in the leaves and stuff, in the fall. End of flu season (May) is what we're looking forward to. I cant wait to take him to the parks and the zoo! Getting an annual zoo pass for sure! Not sure if I answered your ?s or not, but feel free to ask again if I didn't :)

Ok, someone's up, better post this

Night from hell for us, L pee'd all over dh I'm sure on purpose when he was trying to put her nappy on, then stood up and smacked him in the face! So he gave her a right telling off and he rarely does so she had a complete meltdown... Meltdown was taken to heart even after storytelling, cuddles etc etc.. I shouted at dh cause I know if she gets upset before bed she won't sleep and guess what she didn't... She moaned and cried all night while I looked after her, brought her into bed at 2 and she was still unsettled all night. Dh slept through it all! I was furious with him this am, he started at 9 which is a late start and only scooped the litter trays, didn't feed any of the animals. He got a curt text from me saying if you want to make a stand with her at night that's fine but YOU look after her..

Then my dad called and walked the dog for me, then my brother and sil called. After they left my friend with the little girl with all the allergies and aspergers called (she never sleeps more than 2 hours and shes 4!) And unbelievabley 5bmins later fil called... And stayed ovet an hour! Seriously would you if your daughter in laws friend had just arrived? Anyway L had a ball with my friends little girl who is animal obsessed so the cats got plenty of attention!

Arghhh L is demanding my phone.. later...

Storm--so that's what you meant on FB about the bad night. That sounds awful! Though I would have yelled at J, too, if he ever slapped me! What was going through L's little head, don't you wonder? But I also agree that he should at least have helped out after that meltdown!

When you described the meltdown in the car, when she wanted to drive on Daddy's knee, is that a typical meltdown? I was quite surprised at how extreme it was! How do you manage to get her from store to store if she melts down at some point? Well, I guess you entered the Terrible 2s early!

Anyone else noticing signs of impending Terrible Twos? J will throw tantrums now, and they're quite impressive, but never in public (so far), and we just leave him until he calms down. The vast majority of them are because he's tired. Most can be solved by a granola bar.

Storm: :haha::haha::haha: I'm sorry but I laughed so hard at the beginning of your post :haha:!!! Specially at the park when you said that she slap your OH in the face :dohh:!! L is so strong willing :haha:. Are you that way? Actually I might rethink this L and thiago marriage to prevent my son from having to deal with physical abuse during marriage :haha:!!! Love her:).

Kitty: are you human :haha:? No sweets for a whole month :wacko::dohh:!! What do you do during PMS :haha:? I love pilates too. It really helps with all your daily activities but specially you as a runner. :thumbup:

Today with the bad weather I stayed in with thiago and this child wants me to entertain him the whole time :dohh::wacko:!! I wish he would play by himself for a little while. I would go bananas if I had to stay home with him everyday. I am glad that we can go out and go to the park and bike rides. Even though the weather here is super hot in the summer but at least we can go to the pool or something like that :thumbup:.

Hugs everyone.

well, my LO is no stranger to smacking mummy and daddy, so perhaps storm's L and my F shouldn't ever marry either?

and sorry, clio, but Finn is firmly in the terrible twos and has at least 3-5 tantrums a day - these can range from 'mommy won't let me stand on the table' to 'the cat is looking at me funny' -- we can tell if they are tired or teething related and sometimes, we just leave him, e.g. if he's safe and not in danger! or will coax to cuddles if he's tired or teething....

not a great night...LO crashed at about 7pm and then slept until 1am -- he did go back to sleep about a half hour later, but I was wrecked and had a terrrible headache and called in sick again...sigh. My cough is somewhat better (at least I can breathe), but aargh!

hugs to all.....

Clio Ls meltdowns are quite spectacular! Honestly sometimes we just stand in amazement, they too can be over everything and nothing. I know dh had to make some sort of stand but don't then take yourself off to bed later close the door and leave pregzilla to it! My dad can't get over her dramatics... Yet she swings from angel to horror, she's not a nightmare all the time :) She's quite the little actress... I hope she grows out of it.. I was nothing like her I was placid as a child.. must be dhs genes... I'm not much bothered if she melts down in public, but ten years ago I would have died of embarrassment!

Ok ladies hate to moan but I can't take being pregnant much longer, I REALLY need this baby out.

Oh my word she's started already it's been half an hour... Kill me now!

Oh storm, I totally feel your pain! Although lucy would probably sleep pretty much the same after a pre bedtime meltdown.
We are for sure in the grip of the terrible twos. We have daily meltdowns, usually when we have to stop doing something she wants to continue with or I say no to something.
Maybe it's a girl thing. I suspect L and L are quite similar in personalities.......nutters! Lol I'm mean strong willed girls.
It's hard to cope with them when were out though, can be embarrassing.
Oh well, we're not the 1st parents to have children create in public and we won't be the last.:winkwink:

Clairey my current consultant asked what we already had and I said a girl and she's mad. He laughed and said yes, I have both and girls are definitely much harder work! Turns out his daughter is a friend of my nieces! I think girls can be a lot more stubborn when young, but then again F sounds a bit similar. Kids eh, who would have them!

Clairey my current consultant asked what we already had and I said a girl and she's mad. He laughed and said yes, I have both and girls are definitely much harder work! Turns out his daughter is a friend of my nieces! I think girls can be a lot more stubborn when young, but then again F sounds a bit similar. Kids eh, who would have them!

Bit late now!!! Lol
And you will have 2. I hope the 2nd one is easier. At least you won't be pregnant and dealing with them 😉

Kitty: are you human :haha:? No sweets for a whole month :wacko::dohh:!! What do you do during PMS :haha:? I love pilates too. It really helps with all your daily activities but specially you as a runner. :thumbup:

Today with the bad weather I stayed in with thiago and this child wants me to entertain him the whole time :dohh::wacko:!! I wish he would play by himself for a little while. I would go bananas if I had to stay home with him everyday. I am glad that we can go out and go to the park and bike rides. Even though the weather here is super hot in the summer but at least we can go to the pool or something like that :thumbup:.

Hugs everyone.

Yes, I second the question--Kitty, are you for real? You must be super, super fit! I wish I had the wherewithal to do what you do. I'm feeling proud these days because I do 45 minutes walking on the treadmill at the rec centre!

Thank you for explaining the "quarantine" situation! I had this image of you staying inside all the time for a year now!

Borboleta--having to take care of a LO while you're inside sucks. I can totally relate, and I'm sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->