any other over 35 first time mums?

Oh Storm, that sounds awful with the puke and puke cleaning, but at least little L put some comedy back in the situation and gave you a laugh at the end :dohh: LOVE the Storm and Jet pics!M

Poor Lucy, is it bothering her a lot? How did you notice?

B - no, I'm not very fit now, but I did used to be, so there's hope I can be again, right? :haha:

Well, I had a fun day today. Big snowstorm (maybe 6-7 inches on top of a few inches already on the ground) with big pretty snowflakes, and I got to go out and do some shopping. Roads were bare, huge outdoor shopping mall with barely any people (and on a Saturday!) and I felt like I was in a giant snow globe! It was so fun! I went slow and was careful, but I have to admit, I love driving in the snow before the roads are cleared.

Got some great bargains, too, buying stuff for Blakey for future winters. Winter coats (3 in 1 style with inner fleece, outer waterproof type) originally $60 for $7.50! Is it weird I bought 3 - 2t, 3t, and 4t? :haha:

Lol ladies, nothing happening here, all cramps, cervix pain etc has mysteriously vanished. All I have is what feels like a substantial baby bum at the top of my bump to the left! This is good as L was back to back although I was too stupid to realise :)

Kitty not odd at all, hey for that price I would have bought at least 3! You don't get a coat like that even in the sales for so little! I love the snow, but we don't get much and when we do the country grinds to a halt!

Clairey going into labour on your own is over rated! I felt a bit odd the day before with a wild sore back (nothing unusual for me in pregnancy), wasnt that hungry (unusual), went to bed and woke at 4am with period pains, woke dh at 6am and we didn't know if he should go to work or not (doh), got mw friend round at 10, off to the hospital at 12, arrived half an hour later 6cm dilated in agony terrified they would send me home and L was put at 4.46.. my waters didn't break til I was pushing and were meconium stained...

Must go L is back....

Great bargains Kitty :thumbup:

Storm, L is funny saying I puke I puke... :haha: but poor you having to deal with that while ready to pop! Do not know how you do it!

With my labour I just remember my plug appearing on Halloween while I was out for lunch, so that would have been 2 days before the back pain and the start of my back labour. Other than that nothing else at all. Hope it starts happening soon for you. Was L on time, early or late? All of my friends have been consistent with all their births, one poor friend was 14 days over in the heat wave we had in 2003 and then 16 days over when we were all snowed in in January 2010:dohh: I fully expected to go over, but Sophia came one day after her due date.

Oh I showed Sophia the video of Jonah, well she grabbed my iPad off me and ran off while I was trying to take a photo! But I managed to take video of her looking at all of our LO's, I will post it on FB later, even though there's a whoopsie mummy moment on it that you can all tell me off for :haha:

Charlie--lol! I think all of our LOs are obsessed with the videos. I've had to play them over and over again for J. "AGAIN!...AGAIN!...A-GAAAAIIINNNN!!!" But at least S appreciates her betrothed. A whoopsie mummy moment? I rally want to see the vid now!

Storm and SK--are L and F sick? As in, stomach flu sick? Is that why they are throwing up while coughing? Poor little things--it sounds awful for all involved!

Re: baby's arrival--is it time to place bets? I haven't got it all planned out yet, but I'm going to go for the earliest time. Poo doesn't lie.

J is continuously driving us nuts with his drawing requests. He has four mediums now: paint, markers, crayons and pencil crayons. It's been weeks, maybe a month or two now, that he's demand that we draw: onion choppers, blenders, robots, vacuum cleaners, robots using vacuum cleaners, helicopters, planes, balloons, and on and on and on. And he demands the next picture before we finish the first one. Right this very moment, he's insisting OH "take this pencil, draw orange machine NOW!!!" Though it's obvious none of us have any talent. Maybe one of the cats does, but not us.

Kitty--you love driving in the snow before the roads are cleared? Are you insane? Or do you simply have no sense of self-preservation? Why do you like driving on snowy roads?

Charlie--OH wants to know your whole Australia story. Are you originally from the UK, are you originally Australian, etc., etc. He's driving me nuts with these questions, so I thought I'd ask you to shut him up.

No Clio, L isn't sick other than a bit of a cold, she just vomits really easily, I assume it's a bit of a throw back from the reflux? She seems to be able to vomit from coughing, getting upset etc etc...

Charlie L was 3 days early... Hopefully this one will be too! But please not tomorrow, it's the anniversary of my mums death :( 2 years already!

clio - I think the coughing is the same with Finn as storm's L - he had reflux and now his cough/gag reflex is to vomit....

not much here - my cough is better, but I am exhausted! this flu/cold doesn't seem to want to shift...growl!

Finn LOVES to watch some videos over and over again, e.g. Shaun the Sheep, but it seemed to quell any temper tantrums, etc.

not much else - am trying to review some Latin and remembering that whilst I have the grammar, I am very bad at vocabulary (remembering it, I mean)....

hugs!

Storm and Sabrina: I should ask my MIL if my DH had reflux as a baby because if he starts coughing there is a big change he will vomit :dohh:, even now as An adult.

Kitty: sounds like you got some good deals on your shopping spree :thumbup:!! I should think about getting stuff for thiago for when is a older too, but my MIL is normally the one that buys clothes for him so I just don't bother doing it. And I love pretty much everything she gets for him :thumbup:. She just got him a really cute outfit with skulls in it. She is a hip grandmother :thumbup:.

Clio: think of that J might be studying the drawing technique so he can be a future artist one day :haha:.

Charlie: does Sophia likes to play with the iPad too? And man she was right on time for he delivery :thumbup:! Can remember if she came naturally or csection? Thiago didn't want to come out and it was a week overdue so I decided to evict him which as you all know was God's plan :thumbup:. If I had another he/ she probably would take his or her sweet little time too :haha:.

Thiago is babbling a lot this days. It is so cute to see. And sometimes he is saying something I am try to figure it out what it is. Most of the time I understand but sometimes I have no clue :dohh:! Yesterday he saw his cousins and my SIL and he loved spending time with them :thumbup:. They are about to make an offer in a house close to us so I have my fingers crossed that they will get it. And I am happy that my SIL is ready to move on without her husband :thumbup:. He has major issues ( I am sure I mentioned here with child abuse for 7 years and his dad is a womanizer and probably cheats on his wife forever) that needs to be worked on. But he is afraid of going there ( can't blame him; it must be very painful). But we are thinking now that he might be sex addicted, and what triggered was some neighbors that turned out to be swingers and and him and my SIL to be a part of there group of sex fun :growlmad:!!! Of course my SIL terminated the friendship once she found out that they were swingers but not my BIL. It was like something snapped in his brain. Really sad because he is a nice person. They are now separated and he told her the other day that he still has these fantasies that him and my SIL will go with other couples in a swingers sex weekend adventure :nope:!!!
I must have been very naive because I didn't even know that such thing existed until my MIL told me about it :dohh:!!! Really crazy!

Talk to you girls later:).

Charlie L was 3 days early... Hopefully this one will be too! But please not tomorrow, it's the anniversary of my mums death :( 2 years already!

:hugs: yes tomorrow would not be a good day, but I think you may be ok with that not happening.

Hope tomorrow isn't too hard for you. I found my dads 2 yr anniversary tough tbh, but have felt more settled about it since, if that makes sense.

Borboleta, you make me laugh! Swingers in suburbia! It is a weird concept...no offence if we have any on here! I know of some areas on the outskirts of London that are so suburban and staid and they are totally known for swingers! It is often the quiet, nice ones! Your poor SIL, very hard to go through a break up with children. How old are their children? My very best friend partner of 15 years is leaving her next week :cry: They have a 10 yr old and 4 yr old, I am so so sad for her, and I am fuming at her ex, he better stay away from me :growlmad: I don't know about your SIL marriage, but with my friend her OH did nothing to try and salvage the relationship, that is what makes me so mad as surely 15 yrs and 2 children is worth trying to save? :grr:

Sophia was an emergency C, but not as much of an emergency as you and T! She loves the iPad, but I don't let her have it much, most of the time it is out of sight, so when she sees it she goes nuts for it!

Clio, the whoopsie mummy moment wasn't a massive one tbh! Sophia saw Storms cats, Storm and jet and she said ca ca! Which is her saying cat, and I responded saying yes it's a ca ca! Then I quickly correct myself with yes it's a cat :dohh: I use to be so careful about saying the correct word and pronunciation to Sophia, but I have got slack and lazy, I keep on doing it and then correcting myself! So not a biggie but having caught myself on camera doing it, I must stop! :blush:

Charlie--OH wants to know your whole Australia story. Are you originally from the UK, are you originally Australian, etc., etc. He's driving me nuts with these questions, so I thought I'd ask you to shut him up.

Well, not that complicated...I was born and bought up in London, so pretty much an English Londoner. My dad was pure English, not a smidgen of anything else and my mum is 4th generation Australian, she was born in Sydney and came to the UK in the 60's, planning on traveling and working here for 5 years but met my Dad, so stayed. I have dual nationality with a British and Australian passport. I lived in Sydney for a few years back in the 90's. Unfortunately Sophia could not get an Aussie passport, but she will be able to get 4 yr temporary residency when she is older if she wants to, which is a lot better than the 1 yr visa Brits are entitled to. Hmmmm is that enough info Clios OH? :haha:

Borboleta, you make me laugh! Swingers in suburbia! It is a weird concept...no offence if we have any on here!

:rofl:!! I am pretty sure that none of us are swingers! This seriously made me giggle! :D

Well, not that complicated...I was born and bought up in London, so pretty much an English Londoner. My dad was pure English, not a smidgen of anything else and my mum is 4th generation Australian, she was born in Sydney and came to the UK in the 60's, planning on traveling and working here for 5 years but met my Dad, so stayed. I have dual nationality with a British and Australian passport. I lived in Sydney for a few years back in the 90's. Unfortunately Sophia could not get an Aussie passport, but she will be able to get 4 yr temporary residency when she is older if she wants to, which is a lot better than the 1 yr visa Brits are entitled to. Hmmmm is that enough info Clios OH? :haha:

Thanks! I'll read it to him and send you any follow-up questions.

Storm--I'm so sorry, I didn't realize that the anniversary is coming up. Little bubba, hang on in there!

No swingers here in Hertfordshire! Lol:haha::haha:

Storm I hope bubba stays put and makes her entrance on a better day. You need that day to be just for the memory of your dear mum.
This time of year must be so bittersweet for you.:hugs::hugs:
Your mum would be sooo proud of you,I'm sure!

Hugs to all.
Xxx

Charlie
I lived in Sydney 95-98...maybe we bumped into each other...:haha:
I have dual citizenship, too (Greece/USA).....just in case I need to flee the US...I heard they may ban swingers here, so....:winkwink:....:rofl:

N & DH cooked today...it was very entertaining!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->