any other over 35 first time mums?

well, my LO is no stranger to smacking mummy and daddy, so perhaps storm's L and my F shouldn't ever marry either?

and sorry, clio, but Finn is firmly in the terrible twos and has at least 3-5 tantrums a day - these can range from 'mommy won't let me stand on the table' to 'the cat is looking at me funny' -- we can tell if they are tired or teething related and sometimes, we just leave him, e.g. if he's safe and not in danger! or will coax to cuddles if he's tired or teething....

not a great night...LO crashed at about 7pm and then slept until 1am -- he did go back to sleep about a half hour later, but I was wrecked and had a terrrible headache and called in sick again...sigh. My cough is somewhat better (at least I can breathe), but aargh!

hugs to all.....

Lol!!!! From two potencial husband to none :haha:!!! Poor Lydia :haha:!!

Storm: I just love you :kiss:!!!
And yes I baby sat a lot of kids before and girls were the hardest one :thumbup:. We will see when the teenage years start than might be a different story :dohh:! All those male hormones :dohh:!!

Thiago is still pretty good about meltdowns. He is more of a moaner than a meltdown kind of toddler. And if he decides to have a fit about something you can snap him out of it very quickly :thumbup:. But like a inside no outside day like today it was a moan day :growlmad:!!

I am laughing right now cause I am half preparing dinner half in my iPad , glen is playing xbox and thiago is playing in his iPad :dohh:!!! The future family right here :dohh:!! In a while we are going to start texting each other while in our own house :dohh:!!

Borboleta I'm well known for texting dh from upstairs :)

I'm not sure L will be the marrying type anyway, I imagine her as some kind of mad free spirit lol...

Well ladies it's 2.30am, I woke up in agony, thought I might be in labour but alas I believe it's just excruciating back pain... It's settling again... Bah! I guess I should be sleeping and not noseying.... Night all (hopefully) x

Ooooh! I hope it is the start of something afterall! Let us know please! :baby:

Nothing :( how disappointed am I! An hour of pacing the floors and it went away, 20 minutes later I heard little toddler feet and Miss L
Has been with me since, apparently there was a monster?!?

Aw I am sorry :( Did you manage to sleep a bit after that?

I got some sleep Angel. But at one stage L was sleeping on top of me... Not very comfortable! Lol

Storm: I just love you :kiss:!!!
And yes I baby sat a lot of kids before and girls were the hardest one :thumbup:. We will see when the teenage years start than might be a different story :dohh:! All those male hormones :dohh:!!

Thiago is still pretty good about meltdowns. He is more of a moaner than a meltdown kind of toddler. And if he decides to have a fit about something you can snap him out of it very quickly :thumbup:. But like a inside no outside day like today it was a moan day :growlmad:!!

I am laughing right now cause I am half preparing dinner half in my iPad , glen is playing xbox and thiago is playing in his iPad :dohh:!!! The future family right here :dohh:!! In a while we are going to start texting each other while in our own house :dohh:!!

We actually DO text each other in the house! :haha: It's easier than going up and down the stairs, or yelling for each other. Plus, if J is sleeping, we try to make as little noise as possible!

Storm--it sounds like you're so close! How are your poos? I had constant diarrhoea just before J was born, apparently to clear out my bowls and intestines to make way for the LO.

I remember reading all the signs of impending labour, and how long afterwards you might expect to go into labour. Things like baby dropping, um...and others that I knew really well back then, but not anymore. Anyway, for every symptom, it said that you could go into labour in the next few days or in many weeks from then. The ONLY one that said that you were going to go into labour almost immediately was runny poos. I didn't believe the list until I went into labour the next day!

Do you have any idea how much they think bubba weighs?

Clio I have been clearing out all week! But I feel fine again today... It will probably be another 2 weeks. At my last scan they guesstimated 6 lbs, and that was 4 weeks ago, so I'm good to go! Apart from the pain.. I remember the pain lol x

can't give any advice on labor signs as had a c-section and LO weighed about 6lbs at 35wks (was 6lbs 11 oz at birth) - can you imagine if I had made it to full-term? He was originally guestimated at over 9lbs! (my OH was 11 lbs+ when born!) and LO was always head down, not kidding - he took the position early and stayed!

not much here. am slowly starting to feel better and fortunately, LO has been in good spirits (OH had him last night), so have been attempting to clean a little (remember OH is a bit of a hoarder), so am trying not to lose my temper.

and we're off to MIL tomorrow - what joy! (I can take a few hours of her, but not a longer time)

hugs!

Clio I have been clearing out all week! But I feel fine again today... It will probably be another 2 weeks. At my last scan they guesstimated 6 lbs, and that was 4 weeks ago, so I'm good to go! Apart from the pain.. I remember the pain lol x

Seriously? Hmmnnn... I swear it was a sign of impending labour. Like, right now. Hold on; maybe I can find one of the lists! (I also didn't think I was going to go so soon because J's head never engaged.)

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth/labour-signs-could-i-be-in-early-labour#.UuPlBHkQEWI

Here you go!

Early Labour Sign #6 – Diarrhoea

In the days prior to birth, production of prostaglandin will stimulate your bowels to open more frequently. As labour approaches, you may notice diarrhoea – the body is naturally emptying the bowels to make way for baby.

Oh, I just remembered that the list is in a book somewhere. Any way, it said that it means labour within days!!!

I hope so Clio, but I get the feeling this is just going to drag on....

I laughed so hard Clio and storm when you said that you actually do text your OH when you both are at home :haha:. I think I did that once or twice just to mess with DH :haha:.

Storm: I hope you go into labor soon my friend. You just sound miserable, poor thing. :thumbup: :hugs:
Talking about poop, did you go poop when having L? A friend of mine that has a 4 months old told me she did. She couldn't take any meds because it was too late and she kept telling her that it was just labor pains and she said " no I really need to go poop" and during labor she did :dohh:. And the funny thing was that she said " you see I told you I needed to go poop :haha:".

My neighbors daughter is screaming her head off about something!!! Mind you whenever she is outside playing you will know, because she will scream if she is happy or if she is sad. I would die if I had a daughter like that :dohh:!! And she goes on and on and on!!!! And her brother is so quiet. They are just like there parents: the mom is loud and loves to talk to you for hours long and the dad you can't even notice him in a room because he goes in and out without saying a word. Maybe a hello if much! Okay enough about the neighbors :haha:.

Had to give T some Advil today because the poor thing was whining a lot this morning. I stuck my finger in his mouth and I could feel that the back teeth are probably moving again because it does feel harder in one side than the other. And he is not eating very much this days either. Not unusual for T I have to say. Yesterday I gave him a piece of Toblerone and you should have seen his face :haha:!!!! After having a little bite he actually took a long look at the chocolate piece in my hand like trying to remember if I ever offer him something that looks like that he should not turn his face for it.:haha:. And as he was chewing he said hummm :haha:!!!! Now that is my son :thumbup::).

Lol no Borboleta I didn't poop with L, but spent most of my labour crying I need a poo! The mw kept trying to convince me the poo was actually the baby's head so I changed my cry to 'ohhhhhh poo feeling!'.. after L was born she informed me that with ally obsession with poo, no I didn't! Lol, by that stage I couldn't have cared less! Actually one thing that did freak me out about birth was all the blood! I seriously had no idea that when they sent me for a shower it would be running down my legs... And I had a 'normal, straightforward birth???'... Ok I'm getting stressed about giving birth, I guess now I know how sore it is!

Anyway today L was melting down cause she was so tired, it was late but I gave in and decided to make her nap, I bring her to my bed for a lie down and eventually get her to sleep, she's asleep 2 mins and she starts to cough in her sleep.. and cough and cough.. the next minute there is vomit everywhere! 2 pillows, a cushion, the sheets, her, her hair, all over me etc.. so I start stripping everything including L and I and once I'm done (it was horrible) she starts dancing round the bed in just her nappy (everything else was covered) gleefully shouting 'i puke, I puke, I puke....' Sometimes you just have to laugh...

Oh and ballet went well today, tutu on, refused wings and tiara but accepted wand and actually joined in half of it... I was surprised.

Ok I need to make my bed again.. L is just down...

Oh my gosh storm, how do you survive with L and no nap :dohh:! I couldn't. Thank you Lord thiago takes a nap everyday :haha:. Probably because I rock him to go to sleep :thumbup:. And poor you almost at the end of pregnancy and having to deal with vomit too!!! We should have an award for best mom of the month and you should get the prize :thumbup:!!

In some respects I wish I'd had the "this is it" moment with labour, but as I was induced it was taken out of my control.
As for wanting a poo in labour.........yep, I was convinced I needed to go, but it was lucy head about to pop out! Lol it's funny how I'd totally forgotten all I had read about the birthing process once I was actually in the process myself.
Yes storm, the blood in the shower after was something...I'd forgotten about that!
I really hope your birth goes super smooth and super quick! You may well be surprised?
One things for sure, we will all be waiting to hear about it!!!:haha:

Lucy has a cold ( great :nope:) and has picked up a fungal infection on her toes! (Athletes foot) I guess maybe from Gymboree or something??
I've never heard of a toddler getting it? Df or myself don't have it.
The doctor gave me some cream for it.:thumbup:

Hugs to all.:hugs::hugs:

storm -- yep, for Finn, it's cough, cough, cough (stop coughing, please), cough (you're okay), cough....vomit, vomit, cough....vomit! We now hold a bucket under LO when the coughing starts....sigh.

LO okay today, but am tired of being creative doing schools applications -- it doesn't help that OH and LO are in the same room (my 'office' is in the living room) and it takes ages to get anything done. OH can at least go into his 'computer room' and study without any distractions, but me? nope.....! growl.

hugs to all and to all, a GOOD night of sleep!

ps. there is a programme on UK TV called Location, Location, Location and we are watching a few weeks old episode and they had the most gorgeous house I have ever seen and I want it! Now!....!the nice people bought it....oh, well!

pps. neighbours have been surprisingly quieter recently - we have a hearing date on the 10th Feb, and I will go to it and ask for an anti-social order that if they start to misbehave again, we can call the police.....

I thought when logging in I might find a pic of the new baby.

Storm...are you to let us know here, or on FB? Where will L go when it's time?

It's so exciting! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->