any other over 35 first time mums?

Anyone else finding it hard keeping up with fb,bnb and over 35+ fb ?! Lol
:haha:
I'm totally shattered, but hanging in there. Early night for me!
Xxx

Yep Clairey, kind of yo yoing between both when I can, full of cold today, yuk! Hope you get some sleep tonight though!

Good luck with the speech therapist tomorrow Angel, is your place spotless now?

Yes Kosh, get a secret FB account and join our secret group!

Storm, big :hugs: hope today hasn't been too hard for you.

Don't know what is up with S at the mo, she is now getting harder and harder to go to sleep. I think I need to tire her out more! Does anyone else's LO shout a lot? Sophia has started to shout at lot, what sounds like commands like a mini sergeant major! :dohh:

Sabrina: I can't wait for this molars to start coming too!!!! They are sooo slow!!! I actually stuck my finger in thiago's mouth and felt the right side a lot harder than the left so hopefully something will pop out in the next month or so :dohh:!!!

Claire: :thumbup: I am with you and sometimes is hard to keep up. But I guess we do what we can :haha:.

Charlie: what kind of shouting? Like mad shouting or you better do what I am telling you to :haha:? And I am asking about S :haha:. I normally don't shout at thiago. I will let him know if he can't do something but shouting is not something that I normally do, that is my personality type I guess. OH might talk a little louder with thiago is not suppose to be doing something but we both try to keep it at a normal voice as possible.

Will see what I can do re fb ladies, but I dont have time anyway
Almost had a breakdown today at work
I cant cope :nope:

Kosh: sorry to hear about work:(. It sounds like you have a stressful job:(. Is it more than your older one? Can you applied for different jobs and see what happens or it will always be a stressful position it doesn't matter where?

Charlie
N went through a yelling phase...but it was more like experimenting, IYKWIM...

Like Mr. & Mrs. Borboleta, we don't really raise our voices here..(N is going to be shocked as hell if my side of the family ever gets together all at once...:blush:)

Kosh, so sorry to hear that you are struggling, will your job get easier as you settle in more or is it like this for the long haul?

Sophia's shouting is bossy shouting, not angry at all, just kind babbles of do this now, no this way etc with very deliberate bossy gestures! And no I have never shouted at Sophia, not really how I am with her at all tbh. I guess she is just enjoying the volume control at tye moment!

Oh my you lot are so good, I do shout! She does get a warning first with 'do you want mummy to get cross?', but seriously she is so defiant at times I do raise my voice... Not all the time obviously!

Yesterday was tough, but we survived and the baby stayed put, so I'm glad of that.

Must get ready, mums and tots soon!

yep, loads of shouting (me: stop or shut up (aimed at OH, never at LO!)), but I do think that OH provokes arguments at times. LO loves to shout, but it ranges from 'mommmmmmmmmmmmeeee' to babble that sounds like swearing - hahaha!

sorry you're having a rough time, kosh!

hope all are well and hugs!

Yes sorry Kosh, are you finding things really tough due to excessive work load or sleep deprivation? It's awful when you think everything is falling apart!

I suspect you lovely ladies will be subjected to some terrible rants in the next few weeks!

Sorry it is so tough for you kosh. Is there any hope of it getting better or is this just the job? If so, maybe you should look for something else without quitting this one obviously till you have something new?
And a while ago you very kindly asked about my friend Andrea. The last time I talked to her was Christmas and the fact that I have not heard from her since means she is no better since then. So she is still in hospital (it is a year now) and I am not sure when/if she will be let out. They cannot help her any more, they can only keep things in check I suppose and perhaps intervene when other body parts break down, as they have been to a certain degree. Unless science comes up with something new, there is no hope for improvement.

As for shouting at my boys, yep guilty here too but I try very very hard not to and it doesn't happen often. I am usually ashamed of myself after and give extra cuddles (not that that undoes it) UNLESS Dominic picks up poor Alfie by his fur, not the loose skin even, but the actual hair. Then I shout NO! and that usually makes him drop the poor kitty.
Also, when he hits or bites Sebastian I will raise my voice to get his attention immediately. Though he sometimes hits him a bit he has at least not bitten anyone in many months now. I do think in his case it was related to teething. I will tell you how it goes when he gets his second molars. :/

Just wanted to quickly let you know how it went with the therapist. Surprisingly Sebastian wasn't too shy after only a little time and even looked at her and smiled etc when she started playing with him. But this morning was just an assessment and she mostly talked us through what is expected at what age and how we can help etc and will write out a sheet with it all in detail.
She says that his not reacting to his name was one of the signs that he is speech delayed. This shocked me more than his not having any words as it never occurred to me that he might not be 100% sure that Sebastian is his name! I think this might mean he is more delayed in some areas but not others. Apparently his concentration and interaction are very good and what they should be but in other areas he isn't quite on par.
She said that while she would never rule out any ASD at this age, there are several markers she would look for that are clearly not present: He does have shared enjoyment, he does look for approval, he asked to see more bubbles (she had brought a bottle and wand) and did ask for the shape sorting thingy back when she withheld it for a bit. So that was a relief. (when I say he asked I mean, he made noises and stretched out his hand and looked at her obviously questioningly etc)
So she is going to refer us to a regular therapy as this was just an assessment. She was really nice and I feel a bit better as there is stuff we can do to help etc and I don't feel so unsure.

Angel....Do you consistently call him by his name, or do you use nicknames & such?

I'm so glad it went well & it must be a relief to know w more certainty where he is developmentally & how you can help. :hugs:

Indigo yes we do consistently call him by the same name. (It isn't actually "Sebastian" and I only put his actual name down to avoid having to use his very silly nickname lol :blush:) And I am still hoping he might suddenly have a speech explosion as she also said that so many children do at that age. :)

Glad the visit went well Angel and you feel more reassured now. Did she mention anything about twins and development? Just curious as I think it's so interesting with twins, especially how different D and S are.

Indigo...what is your new signature? Are you trying to tell us something? :winkwink:

Charlie yes she did say that it was quite common in twins for one to be more advanced than the other.

Indigo we call him Sebeling :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"