any other over 35 first time mums?

Borboleta--that is a very good question as to why backwards! I think because it's completely leakproof? It's something I read on a thread somewhere. So, forget my emphasis on backwards, unless 2 forwards don't work.

I could never spend all day inside playing with J! (Does this make me a bad mother?) His days are strictly regimented so I don't go batty with him: morning is first independent (hah!) play after breakfast, then either Day Home or some program with me; afternoon is a long nap; late afternoon is family grocery time with all of us, then some independent (hah!!!) play, Pocoyo, dinner, some more play, bath, bedtime routine with books, and bed. In our small house, I'd go bonkers without a nice schedule that keeps me from drawing yet another robot using a vacuum cleaner. Plus, one of us, if not both us, has to get out of this house.

I just ordered the Moose and Muffin book because it looks so cute! Also because J just came running down from upstairs with the Cookie one, and I realized I've grown quite bored with it.

More later to others! Sorry!

Charlie--which version of P. Bear? I'd love to read him that! Did you ever read "Olga-da-Polga"? Same author. Olga was a guinea pig!

Angel--J's into the Toddler Treasury, too! And J still love Wheels, and does all the sounds and motions for it. But he isn't into Bingo, and he'd never do the motions for Wheels on the Bus if he weren't singing it himself, so I'm very impressed by the boys and their hand motions!

Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
To Market, To Market by Miranda Stevens
& the Roger Priddy books...

That's about it....:(

Ah, my favourites. Those were J's favourites for a long while. And it's like he reads them to you--much less effort!

B - that is so cute how T brings you books while you're washing dishes! Funny enough, Blake has been loving our dishwasher recently. He comes clomping over if he hears me open it and likes to bang on it or pull the bottom drawer out then in, waiting for the bang. I always thank him for helping me with the dishes :haha:

Charlie - oh my gosh, that's the most adorable story about S and the cat care book! I loved it, thank you for sharing. She is so super sweet and super smart!!

Kosh - thanks also for the book links, I'm going to go check those out next. And more hugs for your stressful job :hugs: What kind of research do you do? What kind of setting do you work in? I just assumed "cubicle-land" but perhaps that was incorrect if you do research? Ignore me if I'm prying :haha:

Well, I'm feeling down as I got my period today (only after 21 days, that's been the same for my last 4 cycles, 21-22 days). Since I had that totally skipped period this past summer, cycles were about 25 days, but now even less. Dr (at my annual a few weeks ago) said 21-35 was normal, so no worries unless it becomes shorter, but it still sucks! The period so frequently as well as the knowledge that no more babies with short cycle. Before B, they were pretty regular about 28 days.

Also, you all know we've had this terribly cold weather here, and being an animal person, ive been worried about all the animals in this cold. Well, after playing in Bs room, we came downstairs for his snack, and I saw a bird in the snow right by our back porch (pretty close to the house) not looking good, but breathing. Thought maybe it was just taking a break, but a few minutes later, it looked worse, probably dead. I get so sad by these things, I know it's nature, but it just affects me. Then, 3 blue jays flew onto our back porch right by the poor dead bird and screeched a few times (this just never happens) then flew away. I googled and found a recent study that blue jays "announce" dead birds to warn others to stay away? So sad :( And Bs swing he naps in is very close to the back door, and I felt bad making him sleep by this sadness :( idk, I just take these things to heart. Called Dan and he said he'll take care of it when he gets home and even offered to come home early, but I told him we were ok. I hope this isn't any kind of bad omen or anything. I can't believe the poor thing is so close to the house. Any reassurance that this isn't a bad omen for our house or for Blakey would be appreciated, I know, I'm such a nut, I just get so stressed and sad and scared about stuff like this. :cry: ok, sorry, thanks for letting me vent.

kosh normally I would agree about the shoulds and should nots. But in this case it's a bit different and it isn't so much about only having a certain number of words at a certain age. A toddler of Sebastian's age who doesn't talk and who for example doesn't have any shared enjoyment or eye contact, who doesn't ask for reassurance (via eye contact) and who perhaps can concentrate to the point of complete absorption for a significant length of time (or perhaps not at all) and never asks for help would definitely raise some red flags.
I think they usually don't diagnose ASD till 3 but I think it can be very clear from 18 months if there are serious problems. So my relief is that Sebastian is in all likelihood not on the spectrum and having heard it from the therapist is what makes me feel more assured.
I am not sure what the distinction is between just a bit slower than others and speech delayed. I suppose the difference would be in how big the delay is and I think there must be a margin before "a bit slow" becomes a delay.

sorry angel, I think I missunderstood your concerns. I thought you were mainly concerned about his speech but not also about ASD. I know that I am not a frequent poster but for all I read about Seb and his social interaction etc, I never thought ASD was an option? And I agree with you re. early red flags.

Kitty my lovely it is NOT a bad omen, it's just the way things are with nature. Did I mention part of the house swap deal was that I still have to feed the wild birds, we have a flock of sparrows, some starlings (used to be very common here but not now!), robins, goldfinch and some collared doves. The cats are intrigued but no fatalities yet! Please don't stress over the bird, it's not a bad omen xxx

Kitty definitely not a bad omen. It is very sad I know, I love birds too! My mum always feeds them throughout winter at our home in Switzerland where there is a lot of snow too. And occasionally there will be dead birds too. As Storm said, it is just nature. I think dying in the snow probably was quite a peaceful death for the little bird. Don't they say you fall asleep first? The fact that it died like this, probably means it was an old bird and had come to the end of things. But it also means it had a good life and was a clever bird cause it was not eaten by "evil" kitties and probably has many beautiful offspring. We don't have blue jays over here so I don't know them but maybe they screech as a salute? I know that is probably fanciful but it would be nice. :hugs:

Hi everyone,

Had a playgroup at my house today with two other little kids around thiago's age ( couple of months older) and it was a disaster!! Thiago cried and whined for a good 20 min when they got here so I decided to first ignore him but I felt bad for the ladies so gave him Advil cause I thought it could be teething ( he was upset last night too and didn't want to eat dinner) and after I gave him some snacks and the Advil kicked in he at least stopped crying ( plus I turned pocoyo on too :dohh:). He was back to I am going to stay here with mommy. He just doesn't care about little ones. If he wouldn't be interacting with me and OH and other adults and his speech is improving I would be concerned again about him! But as you all know I am his favorite person in the whole world and he loves playing with me and OH, he has really been working on trying to say two words together ( even if sounds like "ma co" more pocoyo or "pe ca" paci felt down). But after they left he was his normal happy self when I put him in the car ( I guess he was tired of staying home again for the second day in a roll and woke up his regular 6:30am so was tired) to grab something to eat. Put him in his high chair and all of a sudden I look and he is almost asleep in his chair! First time ever! Never seen him doing that before. He felt a little warm to me hopefully he is not going to catch something!

Kitty: nothing bad is going to happen to you guys. I am a believer that there is no such thing :thumbup:. Actually your post reminded me to ask something: I saw yesterday during that little snow and freezing rain a lot of birds in my front yard. They would come to the floor and than go up the tree again. I wonder why? Maybe to keep warm?

Storm: as you know I tried everything to evict thiago nothing worked. Babies will come when is time :hugs:.

Clio: I am going to try the two diapers and one on reverse. I used the Huggies overnight and it leaked last night ( although thiago slept for almost 11 hours yesterday).
Did you go oops when you broke your water and started contraction :haha:!!!!

Indigo: I added the blue truck book on thiago's amazon list :thumbup:.

Kosh: :hugs:. Hope things ease a little for you :hugs:.

Sabrina: poor Finn. Do you give him Advil too?

Charlie: you should make OH go to the music class :haha:. The woman will think it is so cute that there is a man there :thumbup:. I know sometimes for my Zumba class when a man comes in and I can see he is totally feeling like a fish out of water :haha:!! I would love to go somewhere where there are just men :haha:! And yes what padding ton bear book do you have? My MIl gave thiago a padding ton book and it is beautiful but the story is very long and he is not ready for it.

Do you ladies hate dying your hair? I hate it!! I have to do it every month cause I have so many gray but I dread the whole thing!!! I am starting to look like a skunk so cannot delay it anymore!! Aging :growlmad:!!! Although I started aging since 15 years old :growlmad:!! You are so lucky angel!!

Bye everyone:).

Borboleta I agree about hair dye! I am sure you don't look like a skunk though! :haha: I got my first grey hair at 21....agreed Angel you are a lucky lady with still no grey hairs, especially as you are a brunette :thumbup: I am a little jealous!

Poor T, maybe he just doesn't like other children on his territory? Have you tried him playing with just one other child? He may find easier? Cannot believe he fell asleep in his high chair, bless him! Did you get him back to bed?

Kitty, I also hate seeing animals die, they just always seem so innocent and free, well the lucky ones are. Breaks my heart which is why I look after humans, not animals! So I do totally understand how upset you are, but it's definitely not a bad omen, it is just nature and that sucks sometimes, but it probably was an old bird that maybe would have died anyway. :hugs: as for your short cycles, you can totally still get pregnant with short cycles, and just think of it as you are ovulating more, so more opportunities and much better than long cycles.

Clio and Borboleta, the Paddington Book is the first one...the story of the bear from Peru. Oh I don't read it as such to Sophia, it's too much but she loves flicking through it and looking at the pictures. This reminds me,I have my old, quite large Paddington bear up in the attic, I keep on meaning to bring it down as Sophia will love it! A job for tomorrow!

omg! OH just told me that he got a big promotion!

I'm going to look for a bigger house on real estate online!:haha:

clio - tenure? and I couldn't service myself during pregnancy as had such a tender cervix that when I did at 14wks, I bled and had to have an anti-D injection (very painful!)...we didn't DTD after we found out I was preggers as was nervous until wk12, then um at wk 14, then nothing....!

have the hearing date against the neighbours on the 10th Feb, and am trying to get the last bit of documents/pictures and a neighbour is also writing a statement about an altercation with the neighbours over Christmas. I've heard that the council actually knew that they were problem tenants, so it may be that after the hearing, I have to sue the council for violating whatever laws, etc. (The noise isn't as bad, but they are now parking all the time in front (so we have to walk across the street to our car with LO) and put up an illegal satellite dish on the front of the house?

um....not much else. I am trying to do some Latin (read a few pages, but wanted to real alot more), applications, etc....

hugs!

Yeah Clio's OH!!! :happydance: congrats to him!!!

Charlie: I might try to do like you said with the paddington book :thumbup:. And yes I was able to catch him before he was totally out and gave him a bottle and he has been asleep since 12:15pm and it is now almost 3:30pm. I am debating if I should go waking him up :shrug:. Maybe he doesn't feel good. And I take him to the other girls houses and he actually can play a little by himself better than when we are at our own house but he still looks for me after less than 10 min or so. I do remember when one time we were at a friends house and he actually was interacting a little more with the boy before the other child came over to play. Once it was two he just came to find me. Maybe he gets overwhelmed by too many kids. :shrug:. You see another reason why I cannot have another child :haha:!! He is too possessive!!!
We have another playgroup here at the house on Friday with the Brazilian moms. So that will be interesting :dohh:!!

I think I'm the only one on the thread whose child won't sit and have a book read to her?! Any tips on how to engage my butterfly child (flits to one thing after another) she just won't sit still long enough :blush:

J would never sit--he stood in front of us, and was often searching about for another book halfway through. He'd still listen, though.

borboleta - we do use the irish/uk equivalent of advil for LO's teething. If it's really bad, we alternate between the irish/uk of advil and tylenol.

LO has stopped biting, his new trick is to grab hair and/or pinch you -- I try pulling his hair back, but I simply can't do it as hard as he does as I don't want to hurt him (LOL!), so he thinks it's a game.

am very tired, so will say 'night-night'

hugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"