any other over 35 first time mums?

Borboleta - he's doing great thanks! And I can't complain about the sleep deprivation, he's still sleeping from about 11 to 3.30 and then to 6.30 or 7.

The MW came round 4 days after the birth when DH happened to be at the dentist. Long story but she left me in floods of tears... I was so upset I rang DH and couldn't speak through the tears. God love him, he thought there was something wrong with the baby!

Thank you all :)
Leeze hope your time away will be more restful than that packing :)
kizzyt aww your poor LO! But that could have happened to thousands of other mums out there too so please don't feel too bad about it. Nevertheless I am happy she is feeling better. :)
Conina I thought milkspots were the same as milia? And if so why should you take him to the doctor cause of that?

Angel - that's what I think. Maybe she just didn't want to make a final decision?

Kosh I didn't expect it either but I still feel really guilty as I should have checked harder. She's ok, sound asleep for about 1.5 hours now altho I just had to change her dirty nappy and she never poos at night these days, might just be coincidence. The antihistamine I give her works pretty much instantly so her skin calms down quickly and she was normal by bed time, thanks Hun xx

aw glad she's fine and asleep now :thumbup:
i guess you'll get used to checking ingredients etc etc is she allergic to something else?

Clio, I am the same as you, totally happy to leave Georgina with my parents, she has slept over at theirs once a month since she was 4 weeks old! I'm starting her at nursery next month two afternoons per week and I'm looking forward to my free time!!

Oh, I know. Before, when he wasn't mobile, it was all about keeping him entertained so he didn't cry, which I felt was pretty tiring. I had no idea that when he started to crawl that he'd be into EVERYTHING and I'd spend all my days chasing him, which is even more tiring. So if my MIL wants to chase him 2 days a week, I am incredibly grateful!

I'm having a bad mum evening, I cooked cottage pie tonight using a sachet for the mince and obvs didn't check it clearly enough and Georgie reacted to it as it had egg in it. She was really crying and her hands came up in hives :( I just keep crying I feel so bad :(

Poor Georgie. Did you know she has an allergy to eggs? But regardless, don't beat yourself up over it. I agree, it's a common mistake to forget to read the ingredients in an item. We discovered that my husband has a gluten allergy a few years ago and it took a long time to be mindful of checking the ingredients of common items.

Hi all

Has anyone's LO had milk spots? Conor's face has been quite bad but I wasn't worried, it's not bothering him and it looks like the photos of milk spots I've seen on the internet so I just assumed that was it.

But the MW was here this morning (for the last time - glad to see the back of the nasty woman :wacko:) and she said I should take him to the dr's if it hasn't cleared up by Friday?? :shrug:

Do you think she's just being overly cautious or should I worry?

Are these the spots that look like whiteheads? I thought they were supposed to be completely natural. J had a ton of them; he looked like he had a bad case of acne for the first two months. I'm going to go Google this.

I'm still luxuriating in my free day. I slept for hours and feel a lot better. Thanks everyone!

Okay, milk spots. Yup, totally normal. They're not supposed to last long--a week to 10 days.

Yep they look just like bad acne. I think I'm going to ignore her.

I also am regretting boasting about his eating schedule during the night - he's suddenly turned into a bottomless pit!! He's now eating every 2.5 hours. An eating machine!! Hopefully it's just a growth spurt [-o<

Conina: it probably is a growth spurt:).

Thiago slept great last night:)!!! :happydance: 9:30pm till 6:30am :). We didn't have to fix him in the crib or give him his paci once:)!!! Hope that keeps up:)!!

One of you ladies said that you had cover your cables with a towel or something so your LOs wouldn't touch it. How long did that work? I am thinking ahead when thiago starts getting mobile :).

aye milk spots martha had them - a hormonal thing when theyre new :) girls get all sorts of hormonal things not sure re boys!

I am not sure if this will help but we got this cable tidy. Do you think this will be baby proof?

Ugh I so can't keep up with this thread :( anyone have journals I can follow I find that way easier. Mine is in my siggie. Love you guys lots but just cant keep up :(

Aww don't leave us! :( Just comment on anything that you read right then if you want. :hugs:
My journal is in my siggy too.

Morning again! (Again, for me. Is anyone here in my time zone?)

I also am regretting boasting about his eating schedule during the night - he's suddenly turned into a bottomless pit!! He's now eating every 2.5 hours. An eating machine!! Hopefully it's just a growth spurt [-o<

I think you're right--growth spurt. There were days when J would just eat and eat and eat and since he had always eaten like a bird before, I would sigh with relief and think "ah, at least that's over..." A day later, the bird is back, but suddenly he's too long for his sleep suit.

Thiago slept great last night:)!!! :happydance: 9:30pm till 6:30am :). We didn't have to fix him in the crib or give him his paci once:)!!! Hope that keeps up:)!!

One of you ladies said that you had cover your cables with a towel or something so your LOs wouldn't touch it. How long did that work? I am thinking ahead when thiago starts getting mobile :).

Re sleeping: YAY Thiago!!! :wohoo:

Re "baby proofing": that was me. We were so disorganized that we just covered cords with quilts and pillows. But electrical fires kinda defeat the purpose of baby proofing. So, I just started to weed out the cords we definitely didn't need and figured out how to hide the others behind sofas. Mind you, this is only for our living room. It's basically his playpen and he would most certainly die in any other room in our house.

Oh, but I just looked around the living room and saw this wonderful example of baby proofing. We're trying to keep him from the light behind the chair:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8295/7795563012_c6e4f8c0dd_n.jpg

I think we still have some work to do.

I am not sure if this will help but we got this cable tidy. Do you think this will be baby proof?

I have been looking for something like that! I read this baby proofing guide and that's exactly what they recommended for cords. Now I just have to figure out who carries it. Amazon Canada sucks, and we're not allowed to order from the States (or UK).

So J has become strong enough to push his Pack 'n Play. This is not good. We use the P 'n P to block off the entrance to the living room (there is no door). I think despair over me making coffee in the kitchen while he is "locked" in the living room has driven him to inhuman strength for an 8 month old. We might be looking at more gates. This time the ones that create a pen. Not that we've put up the stair gates yet. Too intimidating for us. They require tools! Power tools.

My husband and I are such slackers.

I'm so smart. J got ahold of a box of Kleenex and was chewing on it. Because he won't let me see inside his mouth, I have no idea where the new tooth is coming in, or if it is even in. So I thought that the pattern left by his bite marks might tell me something. Here is the result of my little experiment:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8286/7795681510_50bed881e7_n.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8442/7795682320_c7d20b53cf_n.jpg

Leaving me clueless. And now he'll probably die of Kleenex box poisoning.

Ugh I so can't keep up with this thread :( anyone have journals I can follow I find that way easier. Mine is in my siggie. Love you guys lots but just cant keep up :(

oh, no! i too feel that i can't keep up and i know that half of the time i'm missing/confusing/misreading posts :dohh: but is still nice to have a chat with 'mature' mums: winkwink:
please don't go!

Wait! Don't go! You can always just skim...

Well, I will definitely read your journal. I don't have one, however.

But again, don't go, fellow Torontonian!

this post really made me laugh! thanks! :flower:

Morning again! (Again, for me. Is anyone here in my time zone?)

I think you're right--growth spurt. There were days when J would just eat and eat and eat and since he had always eaten like a bird before, I would sigh with relief and think "ah, at least that's over..." A day later, the bird is back, but suddenly he's too long for his sleep suit.

Re sleeping: YAY Thiago!!! :wohoo:

Re "baby proofing": that was me. We were so disorganized that we just covered cords with quilts and pillows. But electrical fires kinda defeat the purpose of baby proofing. So, I just started to weed out the cords we definitely didn't need and figured out how to hide the others behind sofas. Mind you, this is only for our living room. It's basically his playpen and he would most certainly die in any other room in our house.

Oh, but I just looked around the living room and saw this wonderful example of baby proofing. We're trying to keep him from the light behind the chair:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8295/7795563012_c6e4f8c0dd_n.jpg

I think we still have some work to do.

I have been looking for something like that! I read this baby proofing guide and that's exactly what they recommended for cords. Now I just have to figure out who carries it. Amazon Canada sucks, and we're not allowed to order from the States (or UK).

So J has become strong enough to push his Pack 'n Play. This is not good. We use the P 'n P to block off the entrance to the living room (there is no door). I think despair over me making coffee in the kitchen while he is "locked" in the living room has driven him to inhuman strength for an 8 month old. We might be looking at more gates. This time the ones that create a pen. Not that we've put up the stair gates yet. Too intimidating for us. They require tools! Power tools.

My husband and I are such slackers.

I'm so smart. J got ahold of a box of Kleenex and was chewing on it. Because he won't let me see inside his mouth, I have no idea where the new tooth is coming in, or if it is even in. So I thought that the pattern left by his bite marks might tell me something. Here is the result of my little experiment:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8286/7795681510_50bed881e7_n.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8442/7795682320_c7d20b53cf_n.jpg

Leaving me clueless. And now he'll probably die of Kleenex box poisoning.

I just love my iPhone and iPhoto. So easy to illustrate my failings.

ahhh that's how you do it! :thumbup:
i'm like, is she going around taking pictures with her camera, downloading them to the pc, uploading them to BnB etc etc etc :dohh:

loved the CSI kleenex!!

ahhh that's how you do it! :thumbup:
i'm like, is she going around taking pictures with her camera, downloading them to the pc, uploading them to BnB etc etc etc :dohh:

loved the CSI kleenex!!

I know, it took forever even before the iPhone, but the photos are so easy to take, and then iPhoto allows you to upload them to Flikr like nothing.

Apple should pay me for free advertising.

Thank you re: CSI kleenex. Not that it worked. May have to try a playdoh mouth cast or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->