any other over 35 first time mums?

I just love my iPhone and iPhoto. So easy to illustrate my failings.

ahhh that's how you do it! :thumbup:
i'm like, is she going around taking pictures with her camera, downloading them to the pc, uploading them to BnB etc etc etc :dohh:

loved the CSI kleenex!!

I know, it took forever even before the iPhone, but the photos are so easy to take, and then iPhoto allows you to upload them to Flikr like nothing.

Apple should pay me for free advertising.

Thank you re: CSI kleenex. Not that it worked. May have to try a playdoh mouth cast or something.

can't you just open his mouth and have a look? i'm sure you should be able to see them by now (given the marks they left)

I just love my iPhone and iPhoto. So easy to illustrate my failings.

ahhh that's how you do it! :thumbup:
i'm like, is she going around taking pictures with her camera, downloading them to the pc, uploading them to BnB etc etc etc :dohh:

loved the CSI kleenex!!

I know, it took forever even before the iPhone, but the photos are so easy to take, and then iPhoto allows you to upload them to Flikr like nothing.

Apple should pay me for free advertising.

Thank you re: CSI kleenex. Not that it worked. May have to try a playdoh mouth cast or something.

can't you just open his mouth and have a look? i'm sure you should be able to see them by now (given the marks they left)

Huh. So much for me so smart. So you think there is a chance for a third from the CSI Kleenex box?!

Okay. I'll risk a melt-down and check... But right now Jonah is eating tofu (he's already a healthier eater than I am) coated in cornflakes. I just did it because it was phenomenally easy, but he actually likes it!

I just got this awesome CD from the library called Big Kidz Indian Elephant Tea and it is so much fun. With my advanced age, I don't remember any kids songs, so I'm trying to educate myself. This one is great--even I like listening to it.

off for a walk now - will get back to your re. teeth and CD. oh,and also re. sharing meals with LO

I DREAD having to baby-proof. We live in a three and a half story house - buy shares in stair-gate companies ladies...

I DREAD having to baby-proof. We live in a three and a half story house - buy shares in stair-gate companies ladies...

It's horrible. I set him down in the guest room because I had to get something from it, and in one minute he had already found every cord and then started playing around non-covered electrical sockets. Then he pulled down a fan and that was it for the entire upstairs for him.

We're doing it piecemeal because we are so frightened of the effort it will take. So far our baby proofing has consisted of sticking plastic thingies into sockets (easy), hiding some cords (a bit harder) and buying gates, which we have hidden because they cause us so much anxiety.

Hahahaha :haha:Love it!! I told my hubby the the work has not even started!!!! When he becomes mobile than he can think if we should have another baby :haha:! I bet he will change his mind quick!!! Because now we can still watch tv and sit on the couch and let thiago play on his play area. But once the boy started moving it is the end of nice tv time:)! Unless is a kids show:)! Thiago is becoming a fan of tv already!!!! Like his daddy!

Conina: 3 story house!!! That is a lot of child profing right there! The stairs alone will worn you out already!! I am concerned with the cords in the study and under the tv and with the hard wood floors and tile in the kitchen. Poor thiago will need a helmet once he starts walking.

Thanks for the cord child proffing link Angelk:)!

Nd creatingpeace don't leave us. The thread goes fast but we need you here:). I have no idea what the journal is.:nope:

And by the way thiago had his first paper eating experience today :haha:! I was at target with my list on my hand and thiago on his sling and when I looks down he had eating a good chunk of the list :haha:! He liked it apparently because he wanted to keep eating it. :haha:

And by the way thiago had his first paper eating experience today :haha:! I was at target with my list on my hand and thiago on his sling and when I looks down he had eating a good chunk of the list :haha:! He liked it apparently because he wanted to keep eating it. :haha:

Well, he does need fibre. Smart Thiago! That was a prime example of self-weaning.

J is such a pain these days. He's taken to 1) crying, and 2) running away while we try to change him. It's seriously a 10 minute job to change his diaper. And whoever decided that snaps on sleepers was a good idea was a moron. Apparently this is a developmental stage. What he's supposedly learning, I have no idea. How to flee from danger? I miss those days when I would change his diaper because he liked it. If he got fussy, I'd just change his diaper. It would really cheer him up. But no longer, it seems.

Yay Thiago for sleeping through the night.

Clio - :rofl: u crack me up :haha:

Peace - Just do what I do...only read the last 2 pages :blush::blush::blush:

Kosh - :haha: You FELL ASLEEP? :haha::hugs: Does your DH at least get up, change his nappy & bring him to you to feed at night? Or, is it ALL you, ALL the time.

Niko....

Every time I think have Niko figured out, he changes! :dohh:

Tonight I went to check on him...I stroked his cheek & he smiled in his sleep. :cloud9: That boy will break my heart one day, won't he? :haha: I tell him every day that I'm going to buy the house next door to us for him. :winkwink:

After his 'day without sleep' he did not STTN.
Today he took a 3 hour nap mid-day & I'm wondering what he'll do tonight. :shrug:

Conina...Niko has a tiny whitehead on his nose. I thought it was just acne. His doc saw it & wasn't concerned. That freaking lady should know better! :growlmad: I'm certain she deals with hormonal women often. :winkwink:

aye nappy changes are getting more problematic - martha uses a potty mostly which helps and sometimes i resort to changing her standing up (her not me lol)

guilty mother here
gael just licked the wheel of the stroller :nope:
how can i be so stupid! :dohh:
expect to have an ill baby later on

Well, he does need fibre. Smart Thiago! That was a prime example of self-weaning.

J is such a pain these days. He's taken to 1) crying, and 2) running away while we try to change him. It's seriously a 10 minute job to change his diaper. And whoever decided that snaps on sleepers was a good idea was a moron. Apparently this is a developmental stage. What he's supposedly learning, I have no idea. How to flee from danger? I miss those days when I would change his diaper because he liked it. If he got fussy, I'd just change his diaper. It would really cheer him up. But no longer, it seems.
:rofl::rofl:

Kosh :hugs: but how did that happen? I don't think he will necessarily get ill from that. At his age he should have a bit if an immune system surely? I am prepared that dreadful things will happen with my boys when they start to get more mobile. Firstly cause they are two and I couldn't run after two at the same time and secondly cause well... can you not just see Dom being the sort of toddler to get into trouble all the time? lol

how did it happen? my brain was obviously switched off. i sat him on his rocking chair while i tidies and cleaned the kitchen and in the process i moved the stroller a bit too close to him!!:dohh:
talking about baby-proofing...........

guilty mother here
gael just licked the wheel of the stroller :nope:
how can i be so stupid! :dohh:
expect to have an ill baby later on

Dont be daft, you are not stupid (even tho I just called you daft haha) he will be fine. Babies/toddlers eat/lick/suck all sorts of nasty things, it helps their immunities he will be fine :)

Rowan, potty already, Martha is one smart little girl!!

Creating peace, don't leave! I know it's hard to keep up, I don't always read back (or even reply to all the people I meant to) but we love hearing from you x

Angel just think how fit and slim you're going to be running around after both of them :)

Clio, nappy changes are, excuse the pun, a pain in the bum!! Babies crawling off with poo up their leg while you chase them isn't my idea of a good time! (funny enough!!)

Kosh - :haha: You FELL ASLEEP? :haha::hugs:

yup, I fell asleep, only woke up when they called my name!:dohh:

Does your DH at least get up, change his nappy & bring him to you to feed at night? Or, is it ALL you, ALL the time.

'at least'...:haha: yes, he does, although we don't change his nappy during the night anymore, but he brings him to me and also burps him, etc. but more importantly we are now really trying to get LO to settle with him at night

Angel just think how fit and slim you're going to be running around after both of them :)

Clio, nappy changes are, excuse the pun, a pain in the bum!! Babies crawling off with poo up their leg while you chase them isn't my idea of a good time! (funny enough!!)

:sick: don't how i'll cope with that!

let's see if i remember all i wanted to say...

kizzy - thanks, i know it'll get worse once he gets more mobile, i'm dreading it!

rowan - potty already? are you doing EC?

indigo - how are N nights and days now?

borboleta -
1- STTN! :thumbup:
2- did he actually swallow the paper?
3- oh, and forgot to ask you, are you into football?

clio -
1- from the CSI kleenex box can't really tell either if that is 2 or 3 teeth,sorry
2- music: i usually dislike the typical baby's music/lullabies. don't know what sort of music are you into, but there is a collection called 'rock baby' (or something like that, will have to look it up): lullaby versions of rock classics :thumbup:

how's everyone else?

Kosh-

Last night he got up at 4:30 & was up again at 7:30. I won't complain. Yesterday he was up all morning 8:30-12:30, took a 3 hour nap 12:30-3:30 & went to bed @ 8:30. Dream feed was at midnight (I think).

He's taking 3 oz at a time now without spitting up.

He's 7 weeks old today! :cloud9:

I'm glad your hubby chips where he can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"