• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

any other over 35 first time mums?

Wow! Wonderful news! Congratulations!!!

And glad Charlie kitty is getting lots of extra cuddles.

Awwww thank you all for your lovely enthusiasm, love it. You do realise that you were the 1st people i told! OH wasn't home and I had to tell someone! I kind of don't believe it myself, but hoping for a sticky bean, early early days.

Yes Kitty, Charlie is getting a lot more attention now and she already seems so much better, more interaction, just like before. She is eating much more and no vomitting. Bless her she's a sensitive little soul, I am just so happy to see an improvement.:thumbup:

It's such exciting news Charlie! And I'm heartened that you got a BFP while you're still bf'ing - gives me hope for my fertility!
Will you bother to wean S now? Or will you wait it out now that you're pregnant?
What did your oh say? Or haven't you told him yet?! Lol
Xxx

Clairey yes I'm so happy I have got pregnant breastfeeding too, nope I won't wean Sophia now, so I am happy about that too.

Yes OH was thrilled, one of his first comments was yey no more trying for a baby sex! Sounds bad, but I know what he means!

Charlie soooooo happy for you, congratulations!!!!
:happydance: :happydance:

Indigo - it was combination of work, DH and Gael extremely clingy. DH apologised so that helped a bit.

Angel/charlie - I really hope that sometime in the future I can go parttime, you are right this is not life :nope:

Charlie!!!!! I am soooo happy for you:)!!!! Little S will be a big sister:). How wonderful:)!!! Keep us updated:). Now we have to wait for kitty and than Claire:). Cause indigo and I are still on the fence even though I am more failing the other side of the fence if you know what I mean:).
Will be praying for a sticky bean for you:).

Morning all.

Charlie I just realised you will have the same age gap between S and the new baby that we have between L and LJ... Awesome :)

Borboleta I love all the cakes for little T, you really go all out on these partys I'm not sure I could afford it!

It's cold, wet and miserable here, L is away to nursery and we are waiting for the mw for LJs heel prick test, she told me she hoped to be here at 9.45.. yes it's now 12 and I know she has a lecture to go to at 12 so at best she will be here at 2.... Grrrr

All going well, I'm not sure if the fact I'm used to sleep deprivation has helped but so far so good! LJ sleeps an awful lot and L loves her, I spend a lot of time protecting LJ from Ls hugs and kisses and general poking.. she insists on LJ going everywhere with her, they have even been in the bath together lol, it's cute. I'm so glad I had LJ now I can honestly say my family feels complete and I feel totally content. In fairness my circumstances are different this time but LJ is a breeze compared to the hell we went through with L, so hoping no reflux or lactose issues.

Breastfeeding has been an epic fail, L got really upset everytime o fed LJ and I never could get LJ latched on the right, so I'm compromising with expressing and combi feeding for now. My goodness expressing takes a long time and I couldn't do it if dh wasn't here, but we will go with it for now...

Ok I'm starving, time for a fb nosey and food!

not much here - LO very clingy and I am exhausted (kosh - flight was delayed, trains delayed (manchester was hit badly by the storms)- didn't get home until 3am, but had texted work that I wouldn't be in today). Interview went well, am waiting to hear, but if not, good experience and has made me realise that I do want this type of job)....

better go give cuddles!

and yay, charlie !

hugs

ps. think we're on the ntnp road now, and at 46, am so delighted that I have my LO that am only a little bit jealous!

Hi Charlie - just wanted to say again how thrilled I am for you!!! Been thinking of you today. :hugs: And really great to hear Charlie kitty is eating more, such a relief!

Thank you, Borboleta, that was so sweet for you to think of Clairey and I! You're so kind and thoughtful :)

Kosh - anytime you'd like to vent or chat about your job, please feel free to pm me or post on here. I had many years of working in "cubicle land" in a very stressful role, then took a promotion which led to an even more stressful role (even though I thought it would be better). I'd love to help if I could, but if nothing else I could listen, and maybe venting could relieve some of your tension? Idk, but I'm here if you want. :hugs:

Storm - so happy for you, and I just loved your last post about you feeling complete and content :cloud9:

SK your journey back home sounds hellish, I am surprised you actually made it home! Fingers crossed for the job!

Storm, glad you are feeling positive and complete as a family, so definatley no more then? :winkwink: my first week breastfeeding I had to combi feed as my milk came in so slowly, it all worked out eventually so I could just BF. As for pumping, oh I hate pumping, could never pump much so was never worth it and I felt like a dairy cow! Yep there would be a similar age gap...if all things go well, this LO's due date would be 11 days before Sophia's 2nd birthday :dohh:. My poor OH would have to up up with 3 scorpios! :haha:

Clairey we went past your neck of tye woods today and found a new car seat for Sophia. It's an extended rear facing one that has a memory foam mattress in it, she seems very comfy in it and it wasn't bad for £180 :thumbup:

Charlie does seem so much better, eating more, wanting to be with us a lot now, so lots of furry cuddles again. I sounded in my previous post as if I had totally ignored her, I really didn't, but the level of attention Charlie needs and was use to, which was a lot! no I was not giving. But with mum moving next door next week, rather than move Charlie there I may just spend a lot of time with Sophia at mums instead, so Charlie gets more peace and quiet in her own home.

x

Charlie: have you tested again? I hope the line is getting darker and darker:). :happydance:

Storm: thiago's party are mostly banked by my MIL :dohh:! Yes she wants to pay for most of everything. She just enjoys so much all the preparations :haha:. Yesterday she came by and she got all this stuff for the goody bags and putted all together yesterday :dohh:! All I had to do is the computer graphic stuff ( if she knew how to do it she would've done that too :haha:). And in Brasil we always have big birthday parties for the kids. People really go all out for it:). You should google and see how beautiful and elaborate they are. I have a feeling that this year thiago will really enjoy it since he will see pocoyo:).
Why do you think L doesn't like you to bf LJ? And I hated expressing too! So much work! So happy to hear how happy you are with the L's:).

Sabrina: again so sorry to hear what you had to go thru on your trip:(.

Charlie--What did your OH say about your BFP? How did you tell him? (OH actually told me--I had taken a test, and was so certain it was a BFN that I forgot about it. He was the one who found it and said it was pink!)

I'm jealous that your mum is next door; I would really like something like that. It would make Edmonton and raising J in Edmonton far more bearable! And I'm glad it'll give Charlie more time to chill without S.

SK--I'm so glad that you realized how much you'd like the job! Sounds like you're a real teacher! So the position is for a Latin instructor? Are all of them for Latin?

Storm--I, too, liked what you wrote about your family feeling complete. You've probably already told us, but how is LJ sleeping? I'm sorry the BF is hard going. Did L ever breast feed? And what are the sleeping arrangements now?

Borboleta--You asked a while back if OH and I have separate rooms, and yup, we do. He's horrible to sleep with! Too tall, limbs too long, snores and grinds his teeth. The first night I tried to sleep in the room, with OH on a mattress on the floor, but his grinding woke me up, so I slept on the couch downstairs. OH has since been sleeping on the couch, which isn't the greatest solution, but the only one we have right now. Maybe, someday, we'll get that mess of a basement cleared out so we can stick a mattress on the floor down there.

And I assume the "other side of the fence" is on the baby side?

kosh--I'm so sorry about your work. You must always be so tired, too, which I can imagine makes things even worse. :hugs:

AFU--J is learning Urdu! He can ask for a glass of water already. He's picking it up from his Day Home "mother." She says it isn't on purpose, but sometimes she'll say something in her native language, and I guess if she says it often enough... He only speaks it with her (which makes sense, of course). I told her to speak as much Urdu as possible with him, if she wished. What an awesome language to learn!

But today she said he called her "Dude."

And OH and I are now, almost always, "Daddio" and "Mummio". I don't know where he gets this stuff. :shrug:

My mum's visit is going well so far. No big (or any) blow outs, and she's adoring being with J. She sees him every four months or so, so she has a totally different perspective on his development. She says it is very odd to see him as almost a little boy; the baby aspect is really receding. ( :cry:)

When is T's birthday Borboleta? Your MIL sounds super organised. I am sure T will love his birthday with his lovely cake :) lobed that photo of T with his 4 yr old friend, so cute, especially after all you had told us about T.

Borboleta, noI have not tested again today, I will tomorrow though...oh the joys of the anxieties of early pregnancy and one in your 40's! Not sure I want to see lack of progression so am weary about regular HCGs, you can't change it, only stress more! However I will be trying to get a ultra early scan at the hospital I work in, only because my biggest dread is an ectopic! So in fact combine a 40 something, recently pregnant, A&E sister (where I see all sorts of early pregnancy problems) a reciepe for a stress head here :shrug: what to do?

Clio, that's so funny that J can say a little Urdu! I love it. I told OH by giving his the test in a bag as an early valentines pressie, but that's all he's getting :haha: neither of us do anything for valentines. Just as well your DH checked your test eh? How did you react? I am looking forward to mum moving next door, Charlie could do with more Sophia free time...wild toddlerhood sure has taken this household by Storm!

Off for some sleep before 2 night shifts...OH has instruction to go out from 9 ish to nap time otherwise I will not get a wink of sleep. He's not so great at getting out of the house with Sophia unless I give a good prod to do it, so we shall see.

Night ladies x

Hi Charlie - just wanted to say again how thrilled I am for you!!! Been thinking of you today. :hugs: And really great to hear Charlie kitty is eating more, such a relief!

Thank you, Borboleta, that was so sweet for you to think of Clairey and I! You're so kind and thoughtful :)

Kosh - anytime you'd like to vent or chat about your job, please feel free to pm me or post on here. I had many years of working in "cubicle land" in a very stressful role, then took a promotion which led to an even more stressful role (even though I thought it would be better). I'd love to help if I could, but if nothing else I could listen, and maybe venting could relieve some of your tension? Idk, but I'm here if you want. :hugs:

Storm - so happy for you, and I just loved your last post about you feeling complete and content :cloud9:

thanks kitty!

storm - as clio said, it's great that you feel your family is complete :flower:
sorry to hear BF is being difficult. does L get upset because of jealousy or something else you think?

sabrina - your trip sounds awful! hope you recovered

charlie - how are you feeling?

everyone - :hugs:

clio - the jobs I am applying for are Latin/Classical Civilisation/Ancient History 'secondary' (high) school ones at the UK equivalent of private schools.

am exhausted. LO woke up around 3am and was very hard to settle back down until around 5am....

when I came home, the place was a pig-stye and it is so demoralising to do a little cleaning and look after LO all yesterday afternoon only for OH to comment that he had completed so little work (on his exam preparation) because he had been doing everything? Then we got into an argument with him not listening and bringing up the same old generalisations -- never dealing with the issue at hand, but bringing up everthing trying to annoy. He also plays the 'mental illness' card as if to again undermine my complaints, and then ends with 'You're upsetting the baby'....GROWL

anyway, must go! hugs!

SK--I agree with Angel! What is your OH's exam for?

So I gave OH his card, and ended up being the only one who remembered, which puts me in the "awesome spouse" column. I only got it just in case he got me one, so my bases were covered. We don't even celebrate V-day; neither of us remembered until I saw the card I hid on top of the fridge!

Evening ladies! I found my card, hurrah. Dh bought me a card and I got him a toblerone and L lollies. No one bought me chocolate.. bah! He did offer to buy takeaway but I had a casserole in the slow cooker L declared it yuk! Might hit him for takeaway tomorrow.

As dhs Valentine's treat I released him from the house for 2 1/2 hours, L 24/7 is killing him, which makes me laugh. He needs to learn to chill out... And I'm the one up feeding LJ at night, granted he's on L duty mostly at night but still!

Charlie definitely no more babies for me unless it's a whoopsie, LJ nearly killed me. My stomach muscles have split this time too which is nice... That and 3 would financially cripple us and I don't want to give birth again, it's bloody sore! Had another back to back labour with LJ but thankfully they got her turned before she popped!

It's wet and miserable here, L hasn't been out today which I feel bad about but it's seriously torrential rain most of today.

My friend the mw called today, assured me that LJ and all the sleeping is what normal babies do, also told me I'm getting lots of milk with the pumping and to carry on. She did say I might need physio for my stomach muscles though... Bah!

Hey a question, did anyone get bad after pains with their LOs, mine are so much worse this time, they can stop me in my tracks temporarily, like a contraction!

Ok better go L bath time... Let the bathing commence!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->