• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

any other over 35 first time mums?

Storm be careful with the physio they offer you! I was told by a consultant that I should do sit ups for my split muscles but that would make it MUCH worse. When I told her that that would part my muscles further she said yes it would but at least the muscles would be stronger. What an idiot! If you have parted muscles you have no strength in your back at all. Seems not all GPS have ever heard of Diastasis Recti and not all physios know this either. Have a look here for what can be done: https://www.diastasisrehab.com/
Feeding time!

Woke up to AF....so annoying....now I don't feel like going shopping....

I made brunch for the boys & now they're napping & I have to clean up.

My sister & BIL fly to the w coast on Monday in case my nephew shows up early. The surrogate looks like she's about to burst! His EDD is Feb 26th. I'm pretty bummed I won't be there & he will be a month old by the time I see him. FXed he's healthy & everything goes well. I don't know why, but I'm feeling anxious about it all & can't wait until he's here safely. They've been waiting for a LO for 6 years.

N insisted that DH buy more roses for me today when they were shopping. He was so excited to give them to me. :cloud9:

I hope everyone is well....?

Storm...I hope the pain subsides with time...

Charlie...I'm so excited for you!

Evening ladies, well I feel like a cow, all I seem to do is pump, so now it's pumping, sterilizing and bottle feeding, what a workload... I hope it's worth it!

LJ has her days and nights a bit mixed up, she sleeps and feeds every 4 hours during the day but wants fed every 2 hours at night... Yawnnnnnnn..... But hey what do you do... L is still killing her with kindness, we had a minor grabbing incident where she tried to haul LJ out of her seat earlier. She keeps hugging and kissing her too and practically suffocating the poor baby! 100% supervision required!

How is everyone else getting on?

Indigo: so excited about your sister:)!!! Let us know when you become a aunt please:). And how sweet of N wanting to give you more roses:).

Storm: I can just imagine how exhausted you are! And expressing is so much work!!! Has your milk come in yet? Do you have enough? I barely had anything probably cause I was combo feeding always.

Hugs everyone:).

Oh yes Indigo exciting times for your sister, I hope it all goes well!

Borboleta my milk is definetly in, but I'm combi feeding too. I'm getting enough milk to do about 75 % breastmilk, if I had more time to express is probably get more, I wish I'd bought a double pump now. I never realized pumping was so slow, but then again I had no idea lol. It's a learning curve!

I wonder if I would have breastfed if given a choice? I honestly don't know!

I sometimes regret that I didn't get to but when I hear of children wanting boob all the time till they are over 2 and refusing bottles etc (no offence to the BF ladies here! I admire your patience and fortitude) I am not as regretful! I don't think I would have wanted to BF twins for more than 6 months. :S

I did for 2 1/2 months and I was done :thumbup::)! Breastfeeding are not for all women. Some love it some don't ( like me). I just wish I knew that when I hated everytime I had to feed thiago. I felt so much happier when I stopped :thumbup:.

Thiago was so cute yesterday with the family:). He loves when you caress his little face :kiss:. And today he woke up at 5:40am all happy and screaming of joy :dohh:!! Not mommy though :haha:!!

I really hoped I could bf this time, probably because I often wonder if L would have been so bad if she was bf'd. That said I also knew I would never be comfortable feeding in public, I'm too shy! I have no issues with anyone else feeding in public but I don't think I could. Maybe cause I don't have much in the boob department lol

Anyway L is at the park and LJ is snuggled up in my arms, so cute :)

Storm--what do you mean by "so bad"? Do you mean her gastrointestinal problems?

nope, wasn't interested in BF and although I could have (the medication for my thyroid is okay if I wanted to BF), nope. There does seem a pro-breast feeding militant approach here (here in ireland, not here on this thread!), and it was easier to say that my thyroid meds prohibited BFing. Also, it meant that OH could help out and ultimately, I don't think I really could have BF in the beginning anyway as I was so sick and poorly following the emergency c-section (and I wanted a c-section, remember I mentioned that I wanted every doctor possible (after the trauma of the mc and bleeding away with doctors telling me, well, telling me nothing and doing nothing....but hey, I've no issue either with BFing in public or anybody BFing for ages - to each his own (or her own)...

think LO has the conjuctivitis again and me too, so we are using drops in an effort to stop it getting worse...sigh. Neighbours did play music loudly today, but no boom-boom, so a positive. I did tell the landlord and the tenants in the hearing that if the boom-boom did continue, any agreement was out and I was getting a solicitor/going to Court as my migraines are a real factor. Other than that, they have been okay.

Did loads of Latin today, but am behind as I am trying to review units 1-4 before I start this term's assignments of unit 5 (but the author in unit 5 is from my thesis, so not a big problem), but essentially am trying to do 3 terms of latin in ....3 weeks!

so tired...oh, well...hugs to all!

Clio I mean with the wind and the screaming etc.. L could scream for 4 hours non stop, she screamed for hours every day for months and nothing would stop her, it was like a living hell! We can't get over how quiet LJ is in comparison!

After all of this Facebook "shorthand," I feel like writing something longer.

So, J got up at 5:30 am and has been talking non-stop for six and a half hours. NON-stop. No exaggeration. He finally ran out of steam around 20 min. ago, and asked Grandma to read him some books.

But at one point earlier, while he was drawing in the kitchen, out of my line of sight, he proclaimed that he was "making a mitt." It sounded like a totally random thing to draw, but okay... However, when I came into the kitchen, I discovered that he had actually been saying "making a mess"! He had taken black marker and scribbled all over our kitchen floor! As I stood there and said, "Oh Jonah!", he asked me for a "wet towel, please!" I gave him some damp paper towel, and he got on his knees and began to wipe the floor clean! He is a true combo of both me and my OH: I'm the messy one and OH is the one who tidies up the chaos I leave in my wake.

very cute, clio -- Finn is the exact opposite of his daddy in that he will clean (and Daddy has no idea....!).

Realised that I was looking at the wrong syllabus for my Latin course and I have already missed one non-assessed assignment and have a big assignment due on Friday and I just ordered the book...argh!

must go, bye!

I can't actually keep up with you ladies on Facebook! I have to sneakily use my phone or iPad or Sophia goes nuts, so I rarely get a chance unless she is asleep, like now! Gawd 15 months is a tough age, she doesn't stop, is totally random and the tantrums and fighting sleep, it's hard work at the mo!

Storm, glad LJ is such a mellow baby, you deserve that. I thought all newborns screamed too, Sophia was a screamer for hours on end until about 4 months, so I don't think breastfeeding would have necessarily made any difference. Love your pic on FB.

Clio, j is just too cute! Making a mess and tidying it up, he really will be handy husband for Sophia ;)

AFM, just done 2 crazy night shift....last night the department nearly got flooded in keeping with the rest of the UK, but hunky firemen came to our rescue :)

I am 4 weeks today....still not really excited or anything tbh, just really very very cautious about it! But oh boy does breastfeeding hurt now! That's about my only symptom, oh and gas :haha:

Storm I am so glad LJ is such a calm baby you really do deserve this! Dominic screamed pretty much non stop for the first 3 months too. But Sebastian didn't so I knew that not all babies do lol.

Clio I love the avvie (even though blurry) and siggy! So cute! And wow about the cleaning! Dominic just points out dirt to me and tells me to wipe and clean lol

Glad the neighbours kept the boom boom down Sabrina but to be honest loud music would be enough to annoy me!
Hope you manage to catch up with your Latin. But I am sure you'll get back into it really quickly and will ace any exam!

Glam Charlie lol I am excited for you even if you aren't yet. But I totally understand it, I was a bit like that and I think it is a self protection thing. :hugs: I am crossing my fingers and legs for a sticky bean.

I find it difficult too, to make proper posts here and keep up on FB. But then again on FB it's snippets and here is proper info which I love reading. But FB is easier and more immediate. I wouldn't necessarily post a line about my current mood here but it feels fine there.
My mum has left today and I am sure she probably cried a bit when my back was turned. She is so besotted with the boys and Sebastian was adorable with her, especially. Cutie that he is. So she finds it hard to leave.
And sadly she isn't well. Her knee is still troubling her and she needs a crutch but hopefully that is a matter of time. But she went to a routine check on her heart and they did find something. So she will have an exam where they go up a vein (I think?) from the crease of the leg with a kind of camera and have a look. I want to go over to be with her but it would be two nights and she said not to. But if she needs an op then of course I would go. But I am not sure what I should do. It is hard on Nick to be left with the boys, especially if I might have to go again if she does need an op. But on the other hand the thought of leaving her to be looked after by my forever hyper busy brother and my oh so loving father... Hm.
Mind you, in reality I am a horrible daughter cause although I am scared for her etc I didn't manage not to let her annoy me and stop myself from snapping at her. Why oh why can I not ignore it when she pushes the buttons! An example (or two): my mum isn't precisely bigot and she would never reject someone for being gay but she does say about my friend Beau that he is such a lovely man and what a shame it is that he is gay. Why?! What does it matter?!
Or forever telling me that my Sebastian needs a haircut as his fringe reminds her of those kisscurls women used to have, except she used the German term which directly translated is called something that winks at men. Man! Every time she sees him she says this - unless he has just had his hair cut. I think she fears that anything too girly on him might make him gay. She didn't say that and I am probably misjudging her but boys have to have short hair. Period. Gah!
Poor mum, I am mean! She was so hurt when I snapped. :cry: Ok I hope confession truly is good for the soul and I will feel better now. Will also tell her on the phone again that I love her and I am sorry.
Hope you are all ok. Sending much love and :hugs:

Angel :hugs: I'm sure an apology & some sweet words will fix it. ( & I hope you don't cut his hair. :cloud9:)

Charlie...a bit of self-preservation is normal...:hugs:
Yep, 15 mo is challenging, but I have to say, 17 mo to almost 19 mo has been pretty awesome! :)

Clio....J cracks me up....& N would have done the same thing....:haha:
I wonder how long this will last? Do you think they'll be tidying up when they're 15?

SK...GL w the Latin...

angel - :hugs: re. boys with long hair, show your mum a picture of Gael :winkwink:

Angel my mum is the same, not with the gay thing though...but she says the most odd things that sound, well racist, as does my aunt! Such as he was Asian but a very nice doctor, as if been Asian and a nice doctor are incompatible! well that's my aunt actually, it drives me nuts! I guess your mum is just not thinking about what she is saying to you at times, but god, totally annoying which is why my mum next door is the best for us, she would drive me around the bend living with her!

Angel and Indigo, you are both right about self preservation and pregnancy, thank you for reassuring me that it's normal. I forget, but I was the same with Sophia, probably worse!

Indigo, I remember you saying that you love N's age now, I hope it gets better, this is a hard age...I am writing this sneakily in the kitchen while Sophia is having a magic playing by herself 10 minutes and sitting still with it, a rare moment!

SK how is yours and F's conjunctivitis? Hope not too bad.

Clio, meant to say too, I love the new avvie, I must change mine soon too.

Hope everyone else is well x

well, we both used some over the counter, but from the chemist, drops and I think my conjuctivitis was merely soap in the eye yesterday and LO was okay this morning, but we will continue to use drops for another day or two for Finn (some of you ladies will remember that last year, I got conjuctivitis very badly and had to take a week off work (unpaid), so better safe than sorry.

not much here - LO was very fussy all night, and this morning, looked wrecked (he gets dark circles under his eyes like me and very pale when he doesn't sleep enough like mommy), but will ring creche in a few minutes to check on him; he does have a bit of a cold and we notice that when he has a cold, he prefers water, milk and lemon squash with a little food, but we do offer -- the cats ate well this weekend (salmon, chicken, etc)!

bye!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->