• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

any other over 35 first time mums?

Charlie the self preservation is totally normal, I didn't even really believe I was pregnant with LJ until I saw her wiggling about on the first scan. Even when she was born I was shouting 'is the baby ok, is the baby ok!'... I don't know why but I was convicted she would have downs syndrome or something, which I would have been ok with but for her to be ok was just brilliant! I hope everything goes smoothly, you didn't have any issues with S did you?

Ladies as for the long hair thing, I don't see why boys should have short hair, if you want your LOs to have long hair then carry on I say! It certainly won't make them gay, perhaps me buying L a play tool kit will make her a raging lesbian? :)

L had a very unsettled night but dh had to deal with her cause I was busy with LJ. LJ hates her crib, she won't sleep more than 2 hours in her crib but she will sleep with me for 4? Looks like I have another bed bug..

L is at nursery today, I have no idea how I'm getting her to nursery when dh is back to work, I wasn't washed and dressed til noon! I've sent dh out for the afternoon cause he doesn't cope well with the being stuck inside and now I can't decide whether to talk LJ out in the cold and wet to walk the dog... Maybe not... It's warm and cosy here...

So feet up, kettle on...

Ps SK hope Fs eye is feeling better, conjunctivitis sucks!

Angel--I'm sorry about your mum--both the leaving and the issues you faced. My parents used to do that, and it was very frustrating and led to many blowouts over the dinner table. They learned over a decade ago to keep any such thoughts to themselves.

I'm sorry that she is feeling so unwell, as well. It sounds like a real dilemma, whether or not you should go to be with her.

Charlie--I know the self-protective feeling very, very well. If you don't want us to mention it, we won't!

My mum is leaving this morning, and I actually don't want her to go. This time, she was lovely, and helped me so much, and J is so in love with her, and she with him. I am so envious that my sis can just drop by, or my mum can just drop by her place... (I know I've moaned about this before).

I'm sorry, I'm just feeling very sorry for myself. Before she came, I was ricocheting between feeling kinda okay, and not okay at all. She helped keep me even and feeling good for a whole week, and I haven't had that in a long time.

storm - My first words when Finn was born was 'Is he okay?' OH knew exactly what I meant and my first look was anxious until I was certain that he was ok. We had decided not to do the amnio as I was afraid of mc and none of the indicators (blood, bones, development) showed anything to worry about. I would have loved him regardless of any differences, but am grateful that he was/is so healthy. On my stepfather's side of the family, my cousin has downs and I have known him for over 30+ years and he is lovely, but I do not know if I would have had the strength and courage that my aunt and uncle have (incidentially, they were in their late 20s when they had him and many years later, had twin boys who are very protective and caring of their old brother). Yet, we all have children who are different and special in their own way, and it is normal to hope that our children succeed no matter what.

and charlie - normal! After my mc, it was very hard - I tried to be positive (and we were about to start IVF properly the month (or next) that I got pregnant with LO and didn't test until LO was actually 8wks (past the mc time, but as was pre-IVF on loads of vitamins, eating healthy, etc) and even after we saw all was well, we still didn't tell anyone until 12wks (except a co-worker who guessed) and then, tried not to think about it much (we didn't buy anything until a month before LO was born and OH ran around the shops the day he was born since we had no clothes (I was a month early, though), so it is normal (but let a little part of you be happy!)....there were times I was content and other times very worried...sigh.

not much else -- too dark to do any more Latin (I like to do in daylight as I can read the books without reading glasses (contacts okay), it's not for some pseudo-romantic Oxford idealism!)

hugs,

ps. eyes okay - we used a few drops (followed by chocolate) and hopefully, another day of drops and he will be well (mine were caused by some soap in my eyes (water turned off while taking a bath (literally, there was a water outage and as I went to turn the tap, I got soap in my eyes!)

Sabrina: if you don't mind me asking but how far along were you when you had your mc? It must have been really hard:(. I told you that my mom lost a baby that was born at 7 months due to respiratory problem and that was her first baby after going thru 2 mcs :cry:! Can you imagine what a mess she was? I am sure the baby would've survived if it was born in this day and age.

Clio: sorry you are missing your mom:(. I know the feeling. It is really hard when you don't have any family close to you.
Do you think j gets overwhelmed by his cousins? I think thiago does.

Charlie: will be praying that everything goes well for you:) think of the positive one month down, 9 more to go:). When will the baby be due? And I am going to say that you are going to have a boy this time around:). I might change my mind as I hear your symptoms. And it sounds like everyone is having girls this year:).

Storm: how is your OH coping with waking up in the middle of the night with L? Is he still going to help you when he goes back to work? I saw a lady at the park today that had 3 girls and one little baby boy. I bet they tried until they got their boy :haha:. Crazy!!!

Angel: I am so sorry to hear about your mom's health:(. Hopefully she will not need surgery but if she does I think you should go be with her. The boys will be fine with your OH. It will be a little more work for him but he can manage. Maybe he could call his mom to help a little. But if not you would be able to manage them by yourself and so would he. You will feel good you went there:).

Hugs everyone:).

Lucy has got a dreadful cold,which is also giving her an awful continual tickly cough. She coughed for 20mins in the car today, before she fell asleep- my poor baby.
She is now in bed but has a temp and has woken crying already with coughing etc :nope::cry:
Would write more, but I think I'm on limited time tonight before she wakes again.
I'm reading all your posts and send hugs to all.
Xxx:hugs:

Mum's gone, and I'm weepy. Luckily J is going down for a nap, so he doesn't have to see me cry for my mummy!

SK--are you doing a Latin course by correspondence? If you mentioned this before, I'm sorry! I must have missed it. And what syllabus were you using if it wasn't the proper one? Can you still hand in the non-assessed assignment for your own edification, or are you moving straight onto the next assignment? Has the book arrived yet? That must be incredibly frustrating!

Charlie--S is such a happy child that she might go through this phase pretty quickly. What's the problem? Too much energy? Too many tantrums? Too many refusals ("NO!"). Is this perhaps a wonder week period?

Storm--had your OH ever taken care of L for a long period of time? Especially overnight? It seems like he's really stepping up!

Kitty--did I mention yet that we bought J "Good Night Construction Site?" He LOVES it. We have to read it to him over and over and over. What a winner--thank you!

And you don't wear make up either? A woman after my own heart.

ETA--I didn't realize that so many posts had been written since this one! I have to go back to read them.

Borboleta--J ended up having a ball when his cousins came! The past week has been a language explosion because of my mum (yet another non-stop talker), and he could really talk to them for the first time. The three boys stayed upstairs, mainly in J's room. At one point, we all snuck in quietly, one by one, to hear little L (the 3 yr old), "reading" to J! They were both sitting snug in the chair with one of J's favourite bedtime books. :cloud9:

And thank you--I know I'm very lucky to still have a mum, but as you said, living here without family is hard.

Claire--I'm sorry about little L's cold! It sounds dreadful, and obviously doesn't make for a restful night! Is she up more often in the night when she is sick? And how many times do you have to get up if she isn't doing poorly?

Angel--I agree with Borboleta about going to your mum's. And that's a good question--does your OH have family nearby?

clio - my Latin course can be on-line or in person; but the on-line has more translations to do and send in. But because I looked at the in-class syllabus, I didn't order one book (I bought the other and was reviewing previous units), but am hopeful that it arrives soon -- I have to do a translation with a commentary, so I might be able to do it in one night....argh.

LO is not having a good night, crying and cranky and I'm already exhausted!

bye!

Thanks ladies. No Storm I had a very easy pregnancy with Sophia. Borboleta, your poor mum having a still birth after 2 miscarriages, awful. My mum was the other way around a stillborn followed by me and then 2 miscarriages, I cannot imagine! SK I am sure a pregnancy after a mc is really emotionally tough, my good friend had 3 after her first born but had a healthy pregnancy after they found out the cause, but so hard. Clio, I have no problem with you ladies mentioning it, but thanks for asking :)

Angel, I am sorry I forgot to say sorry about your mum not been well :hugs: It sounds like she is due to have an angiogram. My mum had one and then went on to have some stents, that was 7 years ago and all is good. I use to work in cardiology, so please feel free to pm me with any questions.

Clairey sorry about L's cold, hope it a quick lived one :hugs:

Clio, yes I think it's a long wonder week phase, she is still happy on the whole, but all of a sudden hates baths, hates her buggy, takes ages to go to sleep has many mini meltdowns and just does not stop! In short she is pretty hard work as she is very feisty and knows what she wants, which is great, but challenging!

Sorry you're so sad to see your mum leave, but glad you all had a lovely time, how many times a year to you see her? Do you skype with her and J?

Right off to sleep, night ladies :sleep:

Clio I'm sorry you are feeling weepy over your mum, but glad you had a good time. It must be very hard when she leaves :(

Not a great night here, LJ is very unsettled and windy poor wee thing. It's 5am and I'm wrecked,... Expressing again cause my boobs are going to explode if I don't... Hope I get a few hours after this!

I was 7-8wks when I had the mc (dates were all over) and the hospital was horrible (really, it was one of the big scandals of that year (machines broken (I had 4 scans in one week!), bloods misplaced/lost, etc., and a new doctor each time (that is part of the reason we went private with LO)), but now, I can be more philosophical about it (especially since I now have LO) -- the silver lining is that I realised I did want children and started to get healthy in preparation for IVF. I am so grateful that we have Finn!

must dash as must go to class!

hugs!

Morning! We are going to be above freezing today, and tomorrow in the fifties!!! I can't wait to open the windows for more than a few minutes and air this house out a bit.

Clio - sorry you're feeling sad after your mom left. Sounds like she was such a big help to you. Loved that picture you posted. How far is it to travel from your parents to you?

Angel - glad you also had such a great time when your mom visited, and that she and the boys bonded so well! Thinking about her upcoming medical appointments, I tried to think of what I would want...I think if I was just getting tests done, I would be fine, but if there was any anesthesia involved, I would want you there. I'm sure your oh could handle the boys by himself for a short time. :hugs:

Poor baby is acting like his teeth hurt today :(

Yes, it's very quiet on here now. I think everyone is posting on Facebook?
Not so good for you kosh as you don't use it.:nope:
I'm off to London zoo tomorrow with Lucy and my niece ! So exciting!
Df and my sister are coming too! Will be a lovely family trip :thumbup:
Hugs to all.
Xxx

not much here - LO woke up around 1.30am, but after a bottle (and a move to the BIG bed), fell back asleep. I think he does it (wake up) because he likes the big bed....

still haven't heard about that job from last week, either they have offered it to somebody else and are waiting for their reply or they are doing all the criminal checks (you need to police clearance to work with under 18s) and it's taking awhile, so I am continuing to apply for other jobs. I did send a thank you email to the headmaster's secretary as she had been so nice and helpful, but I don't want to bug the school as it might seem too aggressive.

nothing much else, am tired (am always tired, tho)....

hugs!

Hi Kosh! Yep it seems BnB has been abandoned for FB :( hope work life balance is improving for you.

Have a lovely day at the Zoo Clairey

SK hope you hear from the school soon.

Today is moving in next door day for my mum, which basically means she gets in a flap and I do everything, this is what happens with elderly mums...she will be 80 this year! I think all of your parents are younger, but mum had me when she was 38.

Hi everyone,

Kosh: hi :thumbup:! How are you and Gael doing?

Claire: enjoy the zoo:)

Sabrina : the waiting to hear back from a job interview is killer! There should be a law that everyone should let the. People that interview if they got the job or not :thumbup:,

Charlie: my mom was 37 when she had me and my sister with 38. She was born in 1936 so your mom must be born in 1934 is that right? We are older moms with older mommies :thumbup:!
Hope you are not too exhausted helping your mom today. Are you having helpers with the move?
I remembered that the worst part of the beggining of the pregnancy was my boobs hurt soooooo bad!!!! I couldn't wear a bra cause I hated getting it off :haha:!

Kitty: you are crazy opening the windows just above freezing :haha:!!

Thiago was being so cute yesterday afternoon after his nap. OH brought him to the park while I taught my class and he said that he was playing with a 10 year old girl :haha:. He might be like my dad and like older women :haha:!!
Yesterday I was crafty and printed some of the characters from little Einstein ( his new favorite show) and I made little paper kids and the rocket ship and he loved it :kiss:. So cute. He was playing with rocket like it was flying. I will take a picture and out in fb,
And I can't believe it is almost 6:30am and he is still sleeping :dohh:!!

Bye everyone:).

Hi everyone! Yes I'm guilty of using FB because I can fit a quick sentence in quicker that lots of paragraphs, I'm still using my phone which takes ages....

Not the best night fir us, LJ has the cold so was only drinking an ounce and then falling asleep and waking an hour later for more. That and I woke up at one stage drenched in milk.. yuk... Should have pumped earlier. L on the otherhand after a horrendous night the night before slept through! I swear they are tag teaming me already lol.

Today was my last mw visit, by heck that was a box ticking exercise she was in and out like a whirlwind after I waited 3 hours for her... Grrr

Clairey I hope you have a lovely day at the zoo!

Sk there is nothing worse than waiting for people to get back to you after an interview, I'm still waiting on a response from an interview I had 16 years ago... Lol...

Baby squeaks better go... Later ladies

Ps hope the move goes ok Charlie, ps my dad is 70, my mum was 68 when she died :-( they were 32 when they had me which I used to think was old... Ha ha ha

Storm, you have every reason for the sound bite posts on FB! I just miss the longer ones on here. I don't have time for them either, not sure why, I have no excuse! Yuk boobie leaks, I use to sleep with a towel until my supply regulated itself. Sophia use to do that a lot, a nibble then sleep, then wake for a nibble etc, hard work but it passes! Sad that you lost your mum at 68, far too young. At least my Dad was 81 when he died so a good age.

I have to say though there is a gulf of difference between 70 and 80, I have seen it with both my parents, mid 70's things really slow down. Now I will basically be cooking for mum, doing laundry, shopping, medications, and I am not sure yet but I may even be having to put out her clothes every day, she seems to be wearing the same things all the time! Luckily we have a cleaner who is fab! This is why Mum living next door is such a great thing and will make all of our lives much easier and happier! I don't know she has been diagnosed with dementia, and I can't figure out if this is an accurate diagnosis or not (long story)

Borboleta, yey for another mum with an older mum! It was so rare back in the 70's wasn't it. Didn't you loose your mum when she was young too? Always makes me sad to see people go before their time :( oh we did have a removal company do the move, it's just the unpacking and boy is my mum a hoarder and she has only been at the other place 18 months! I have a lot of work to do. OH is getting home early so I can get on. I am feeling ok today, but breastfeeding is agony, luckily it's only twice a day max! Yesterday at work though I got some cramps that I didn't like. But they came and went pretty quickly and didn't stop me working, so I didn't worry about them!

Right better wake missy up from her nap!

Ps my dads mum was 42 when she had him, his brother and sister were in their late teens when he was born, neither had kids of their own so my dad pretty much looked after them/sorted their affairs in later life.. he really was a great brother!

My dad is very active, hopefully for a good few years yet, bless him..

Dh just offered to take me to buy me a tablet, but I'm still huffing about him getting my occupation wrong on LJs birth certificate, talk about cutting my nose off to spite my face...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->