• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

any other over 35 first time mums?

Yes Storm! Take him up on it and get an iPad, you'll love it!!

How many of us have iPads? We should talk apps we like :)

Clairey - I'm so jealous and excited for you at the same time, London Zoo is so much fun! I love how they sell real meals, too, they don't do that here in US, just junk food. Have you ever gone to Whipsnade? I missed the elephants, so we went out there and had a ball! Cheetahs were awesome! But soooo many bees, eek!

Charlie - I don't think I've commented, but how wonderful that your mom is able to move next door! Her own space, but so close, it's perfect! Don't overdo it trying to get her settled, it can be done in stages, make sure you rest enough! She's so lucky to have you!

Storm: your dad sounds really awesome:). Does he have a lady friend? I told you that it took my dad 7 years before he started dating again. Now he has a girlfriend 3 years older than him and they have been together for about 7 years I think :thumbup:.
How are you feeling? Totally exhausted?

Charlie: yes my mom was only 58 when she passed :cry:. Too young:(!
And I remember having the cramps that you talked about. I was worried about that too. They came and go, and sometimes a little more intense than other.
And I am glad your mom is moving now that you are in your first trimester :thumbup:! Can you throw some of the stuff that she doesn't use anymore without her knowing :haha:?
Talking about hoarder I can just imagine what my grnadmother has :dohh:! She is going to be 98 this year but my dad moved her to a special living place cause my aunt had a stroke the other day and can't really care for her anymore. Thank godness was a mild stroke :thumbup:! I don't think my grandmother really cared. My sister says that now she just sits most of the day and stares at whatever is in front of her and sometimes tells people why she feels so dizzy and confused. Poor thing. It must be hard to be that old!!

iPad user here and iPhone too!

The posts about elderly parents has made me very aware of my age. I guess we all have to keep ourselves as fit and healthy as we can for our babies!
Xxx

borboleta/charlie - my mum was 39 when she had me, so she's 82 now!

re. my previous post - I didn't meant to say 'hey, where are you, are you all in FB :growlmad:! :haha: I was just saying hello.

iPad user here and iPhone too!

The posts about elderly parents has made me very aware of my age. I guess we all have to keep ourselves as fit and healthy as we can for our babies!
Xxx

Absolutely :thumbup:

Well Borboleta, I have put aside a lot of things to discuss with mum, but I think they will be taken to charity shops! :winkwink:

And too right it's now that she's moving :thumbup: it's a lovely flat and mum is so happy to be right next door, so all good :thumbup:

Thank you Kitty, I am not sure my mum always sees it like that. I love her to bits but she drives me bonkers sometimes and I can have such a short fuse with her, poor mum!

iPad used here too, love it!

Charlie I had a lot more cramping with my second pregnancy than first, no bleeding but I was always waiting for it to come, it never did. The cramping scared me so much I had dh well warned if anything went wrong I wasn't doing it again!

Borboleta I don't know if my dad has a lady friend, I wish he did, I don't want him being alone forever, he could live another 15 years if his brother and sister are anything to go by! I'm ok by the way, 2 years of sleep deprivation with L has,me well trained. LJ is a breeze in comparison to L... Long may it continue, dh is still off work though so things might go horribly wring when I'm home alone. The pumping is a killer though and I'm not sure how long I can keep LJ fully on expressed booby milk, I'm guessing at some stage it will drop to combi feeding, I just won't have the time with 2 and being home alone..

Ok bedtime for me, time for baby snuggles cause LJ hates the crib...

tried to post here yesterday, but it didn't work....sob

nothing much, OH is trying the 'I do everything, I pay for everything' tirade again, so am now going to keep a time log and show him that most people don't need an hour to cook dinner (5 minutes to prepare, 55 minutes to?), and he wonders how I managed to look after LO, do some quick housekeeping and make dinner when he was working (remember on redundancy since Christmas)!

going to try to introduce pocoyo (recorded an episode this morning) as and although I love Shaun, I have seen every episode at least 10 times!

bye!

I have a horrible cold and feel all woolly headed. Not going to gymbo this afternoon but might take the boys to the park later instead if the weather holds, depending on how we all feel.
My Dominic threw up his milk this morning and on inspection of his bed sheet, we concluded he must have thrown up a bit at 7am when he cried out in his sleep and woke OH but didn't seem to actually wake himself. Then at lunch he had 2 1/2 sippies but refused all food. Actually he nibbled on three banana slices but that is it! Unheard of! He is usually so greedy! He seems his usual jolly self though which is weird but reassuring too. Hope he is ok after his nap :(
Hope everyone else is well. Sorry I've been so lazy in posting here. Seems easier to just dash off a line or two in FB but that doesn't mean I want to give up this beloved thread! xx

Ps: Charlie meant to say, I had horrible cramping one day at the beginning of pregnancy and I thought I was going to miscarry. Took my breath away it was that bad. It is how I found BnB actually. Or rather OH found it for me as he did research on cramping and came across threads about it on here. It was reassuring to know that it was normal. I didn't know then I was having twins so I suppose the pain might have been worse in that case? Not saying you are having twins btw don't worry lol

ETA: Dominic just threw up his after nap bottle too. Came out of his mouth and nose poor boy! And he only had a nibble on his usually beloved half of an oaty bar :(

I also had terrible cramping as well (both pregnancies), but no real spotting with LO (there was a little, but I tried not to let it bother me, but remember, I didn't know I was pregnant until 8-9wks).

not much here, sorry!

and no interest in pocoyo, kept yelling for shaun (he calls him 'apple', we are not sure why)....

sigh

Sabrina: so it is you that cannot watch Shaun the sheep anymore and not finn:haha:!!!

Thank you Storm, Borboleta and SK for all reassurance about cramping. I have not had them as bad since work, which makes me wonder if I need to chill more at work, it was a crazy shift! Also I really cannot remember when I got cramps with Sophia.

About twins, I read something scary yesterday that may also interest you Clairey....you are 12 times more likely to have twins while breastfeeding! :wacko: as much as I adore the lovely duo we have on here, that would be horrific with a two year old and something that doesn't bear thinking about!

We had a lovely day today with a lot of my oldest friends, 2 of them were down from Cumbria. We went to kew gardens, the botanical gardens here. Beautiful day and Sophia wore herself out in the play areas insisting on going up these mini hills and desperately wanting to walk down them, clearly she face planted a fair few times :dohh: and then lots of walking around the gardens. Angel, if you do move this way you should become a member, £70 for a year and a guest goes free and children are free, so a cheap great day out and there so much to do with children :thumbup:

Charlie it could be worse! I am friends on FB with a lady who used to be on here too and she has a toddler of 2+ and... wait for it... triplets! They are now 4 months old, though born 2 month early. But to unscare you a bit, she was on Chlomid lol

Charlie it could be worse! I am friends on FB with a lady who used to be on here too and she has a toddler of 2+ and... wait for it... triplets! They are now 4 months old, though born 2 month early. But to unscare you a bit, she was on Chlomid lol

Oh my I would :cry:

Poor Dominic... Hope he feels better soon...

I miss the long posts...

FB seems easier, though. & I bet Kosh would chime in more often there...

Kosh...please get yourself an alias account! The group is secret...more private than this thread...no lurkers...

Charlie...sounds like a beautiful day...& I hope the cramping subsides soon..

OH my angel!!! Triplets with Clomid!!! You see that is why I would not take that drug again :haha:!!!

Borboleta and Charlie multiples is apparently very rare though for clomid from what I heard and it was a huge shock to her too as you can imagine, especially as originally she was expecting quads but one didn't make it and was reabsorbed :(

Kosh I think Indigo is right. It is much easier to post in FB as there are no long posts. They sometimes have many comments and become a long conversation but it is much easier to keep up and I think it would suit you better than here. Please think about it?

agree with the others, kosh - it's just us and very private. But I will still try and post here at least once a day!

LO slept okay last night, I didn't (was reading in bed and then just couldn't get comfy), but fortunately, was able to persuade LO to linger in big bed this am (until about 7.30am)....

I do love Shaun the sheep, it's just that it would be nice to have a bit of a change (during pocoyo attempt yesterday, Finn kept screaming 'apple' (we do not know why he calls shaun 'apple', nor where this obsession with apples comes from!), so we put on shaun. He is currently watching a DVD of S and licking the butter off his morning toast!

am continuing to apply for jobs - (kosh, I didn't get the job that I had an interview for last week, and....maybe for the best as a) they didn't reimburse my airfare over (only UK expenses, which I think is a bit rude) and b) they kept me waiting for over a week+ for any news, but maybe am trying to find fault so I don't feel as bad? It has made me more aware of areas to focus on in cover letters and what to research before interviews (my interview went well, but had to think a bit for a few questions, so it hopefully will be beneficial in the long run and I had only sent out about 8-10 applications and got an interview and although I have sent out another 7 applications since then, I sent them in way before the deadlines and will have to see if the new, improved CV and cover letters help).....

didn't finish my latin, but will try today....

hugs!

SK--I'm sorry you didn't get the job! :hugs: I'm glad you learned from the interview, though. I've had the same experience, and the next interview I had, I knew what was coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->