any other over 35 first time mums?

You girls are so awesome:)! I wish we could all sit down together and have a good laugh of how motherhood has changed our lives:).
Angel, Sabrina, Clio and kosh: the baby pictures are adorable!!! Oh, indigo too:). We want more pictures!!!! :)
Bravemom I used to go in this website called www.community/fertility forum.com, I think. It was so nice to talk to other woman that were going thru the same problems that I was. And they are sooooo knowledgeble. They have all this different forum and threads about different fertility issues. But it sounds to me that you have no problem getting pregnant ( the hubby medicine was hilarious!!! ) but did the doctors tell you what is happening that is making it difficult for you to hold the pregnancy? Is it low progesterone?

Where is Conina? How are you and Lo doing?

Skeewek I was the same way. The sleep just got worst as the time went by. Maybe is you body preparing for what is coming next :dohh:!

No they have no answers at all ,my progesterone was fine ,they just said it was bad luck :nope:Thanks for the advice sweetheart ,will have a look at the site :thumbup::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Aww Leeze I love that! I bet you two look so sweet together :D
Yesterday by coincidence Dom was wearing beige cords similar to OH and I loved it! OH finds it a lil silly to dress the boys like him but I think it is so cute! OH likes tshirts with long sleeves that are sort of inserted, as if they were under a short sleeved tshirt if that makes sense, so I bought some of those types also for the boys, though theirs in contrast to OHs tend to have cute animals and things on them lol.
And I try to find easy clothes for them with poppers etc too but I haven't found any trousers with them under the legs. I guess cause that would leave one with two halves lol but it is not easy getting the trousers over the bottom and the nappy. Ah well I guess it is all down to practise.

Dungarees normally have poppers between the legs. Very cute too!

Yep you are right! My mum has sent us some but they are still a lil big so might have to find some in a smaller size till then, yay. I never mind shopping for my boys ;)

Re: babyclub, I do post there as I figure I can give advice regarding the first few months and severe sleep deprivation, but I like our little group here!

I had a bad night with OH, and we had a terrible row. I don't want to get into all the detail, but alot of negative comments were made by my OH, which left me in tears and holding the baby, who was also upset. Finn took awhile to get to sleep, but he's okay! I'm upset, but am hopeful that tomorrow, we can talk. The problem is-- my OH never lets me finish a sentence and it's frustrating trying to resolve things!

oh, well....Clio -- in your picture, sophie looks very happy under the covers!

Who's doing the knitting? I knit abit (made a few blankets, etc.), and would love the patterns for the animals you are doing...!

best wishes

Re: babyclub, I do post there as I figure I can give advice regarding the first few months and severe sleep deprivation, but I like our little group here!

I had a bad night with OH, and we had a terrible row. I don't want to get into all the detail, but alot of negative comments were made by my OH, which left me in tears and holding the baby, who was also upset. Finn took awhile to get to sleep, but he's okay! I'm upset, but am hopeful that tomorrow, we can talk. The problem is-- my OH never lets me finish a sentence and it's frustrating trying to resolve things!

oh, well....Clio -- in your picture, sophie looks very happy under the covers!

Who's doing the knitting? I knit abit (made a few blankets, etc.), and would love the patterns for the animals you are doing...!

best wishes

Sabrina: I am so sorry that you OH is being mean to you! :growlmad:Sometimes I argue with my OH too about the baby. He can just say the meanest things sometimes. And them I feel like a terrible mother. And them I cry and them he feels bad about it and we talk and things get back to normal until the next fight! Babies do add some stress to marriage isn't it!!

So I figure it out what teeth are coming in:)! The top ones :happydance:! He is actually handling as well as he could. He has been taking good naps and sleeping great the past couple of nights :thumbup:.. So my 6 months old is about to have 5 teeth!

:thumbup:For the ladies knitting. I cannot sow a bottom!!!

Kosh and Conina how are you girls doing? Oh, nd strangegirl too?

Thanks, honey -- it was more than just about LO....

Just being a jerk or a man, whichever you prefer!

hugs...!

ps. Finn is SEVEN months old tomorrow!

Sabrina and Borboleta, I have arguments with my OH a lot at the moment too. Mostly about minor frustrations but I also get really irritated that if jumps in sometimes before I've finished a sentence. I particularly hate it if Kia's around us m if it's during her storytime or bathtime. I try to keep a boundary around this, like these are her special times that should be focused on her. Much as having a baby is so special and magical, I do think it can add a lot of stress and strain to a relationship. Particularly if there's sleep deprivation too! I find talking about stuff definitely helps but sometimes it's talking about it afterwards when we resolve things. Hard work sometimes though.

BTW, happy 7 months to Finn tomorrow! I love how every month that goes by feels special. I wonder at what point it changes to years. After 2, maybe?

I do love my OH very much, but sometimes, I wonder if I LIKE him...

as for LO, I both LOVE and LIKE him sooooooooo much (he's such a giggly, laughing little boy and when we argue (and we do try not to in front of him), he puts his arms out for a cuddle...

Incidentially, is anybody's LO sitting up on their own yet? Finn is pretty good when leaning against pillows and doesn't pitch forward too much, BUT he then wiggles down to where he is almost lying on the sofa (I'm right next to him)...any ideas on independent trying to sit up (I hate to just prop him up on the floor on his own....he's rolling all over the place and we find him tangled up in the activity centre, stuffed toys in his mouth (chewing on them!) and laughing at us....in fact, he's now doing tummy time on his own!) PLEASE NOTE: am supervising him in the activity centre, we just like to watch what he gets up to!

bye!

I do love my OH very much, but sometimes, I wonder if I LIKE him...

as for LO, I both LOVE and LIKE him sooooooooo much (he's such a giggly, laughing little boy and when we argue (and we do try not to in front of him), he puts his arms out for a cuddle...

Incidentially, is anybody's LO sitting up on their own yet? Finn is pretty good when leaning against pillows and doesn't pitch forward too much, BUT he then wiggles down to where he is almost lying on the sofa (I'm right next to him)...any ideas on independent trying to sit up (I hate to just prop him up on the floor on his own....he's rolling all over the place and we find him tangled up in the activity centre, stuffed toys in his mouth (chewing on them!) and laughing at us....in fact, he's now doing tummy time on his own!) PLEASE NOTE: am supervising him in the activity centre, we just like to watch what he gets up to!

bye!

Thiago is the same. He sits by himself for about 30 sec. And them is down on the ground. He does better if I put a pillow behind him. He has a little friend tha is one month older than him as he has been sitting really good all by himself for about 3 weeks now. But he is the kind of baby that all he wants to do is stand and he does it very well with just a little help. I told his mom that he will be walking in the next month or two. :haha: I don't know his little body is just firm. Thiago is a lot more wobbly. But as they say every baby is different but I am looking forward to the time I can just sit him and he will stay there and play by himself for a little. Hope that is coming soon:).

Sabrina....Do what we do when your DH gets out of line....make him a 'special' batch of Exlax brownies....:winkwink:

BMom....your nephew is cooing & gurgling & experimenting with making sounds & different volumes of sounds. He can get pretty loud! :wacko: I realized earlier that he was wearing the sleeper Auntie Liz bought for him while chewing on the platypus Auntie Crystal sent him & lying on a blanket Auntie Brooke bought for him. :winkwink::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh, and he started drooling a few days ago. Isn't it too soon for that? :shrug:

Clio....my tongue is already bleeding...she insisted that I should fully bathe Niko everyday instead of giving him sponge baths. He gets 2 sponge baths a day with water only & 3 full baths a week. My kid is clean! What's the problem?

Niko is up....more later....

I'm sorry things are rough with DH, SabrinaKat and Leeze. I had a bit of a tough day, too, and also fought with DH this morning (though we're okay now).

Anyway, here is what I'm currently knitting (these are the pics from the pattern):

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/ekater/nilescleo_z_500_medium2.jpg

It's an alligator. I'm doing one with a blue coat.

Borboleta and SabrinaKat--as for sitting, I was given a sheet by a physiotherapist for infants that told me how to help him. It said to sit him up and spread his legs as wide as possible to give him a solid base. At six months, I just kept on doing that, and within a week, he was sitting solidly.

Indigo--oh man. Babies N's age don't get dirty! It's not like they're rolling in mud or anything! A sponge bath is perfect at that age. Plus, too many baths can dry his skin out. YOU, my dear, are in the right. Well, I have less than a week before I'll be joining you on the vent train.

False alarm....I'm back...:hi:

Happy 7 months to Finn!!! :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

Borboleta...let's see more pics of your handsome little man...:happydance:

Indigo, Niko is gorgeous! What a lovely boy! Keep up with the pictures. They change so much so quickly!

I also want to say that you crowd are awfully shy about showing your LOs. Be loud and proud! Pics are fun!

Clio I think you meant Indigo there? I didn't post anything about bathing though I do totally agree that babies shouldn't be bathed too often as it isn't good for their skin. My community midwife said the same thing and I am glad cause Sebastian hates bathing! Screams his little head off poor darling!

Clio - love the croc's!! really cute!! Will have a chat to my mom tonight and see if I can get some needles from her. I'm getting excited! I want to start knitting now already but still don't know what I'm going to knit and have no wool as yet! Oh and back to work tomorrow. BOohoo!!

Indigo - Niko is gorgeous!!!!

Ok so I can't post baby pics as yet but here is my latest bump pic!!
31w+2d!!
https://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w346/strirrel/speckle/DSC03750-1.jpg

Love that bump! Gorgeous! :D Makes me miss being pregnant! I am crazy! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back