any other over 35 first time mums?

Thanks the first is in her Christening dress :)

she loves to "help" with the laundry :) v funny!

much better teeth day today yey! went to playgroup which was cool she had a good play and a march up and down the room and up and down stairs which i hadnt thought she would be able to do (me holding her hands ofc) I dont know what hurst more - my back or my knees! lol!

shes getting pretty sturdy which is fab Im not so nervous when shes walking round things and pulling up she keeps standing on one leg and seeing how long she can do it then laughing :) she s worked out getting down to sitting from standing - phew! boy did she practice bless her!

Hey guys--well, J STTN again, but his teeth acted up this morning. We gave him his Tylenol, but a short while later, had to resort to the more potent Advil. My husband just came down the stairs after getting him down for a nap (finally), but we won't know how long this will last. Will these top two teeth break through already!!!

Borboleta--here are your pics!

Okay, I searched around, and had a hard time finding pics of my husband where he doesn't look like he's dying from exhaustion. So this is from around 3 years back.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8301/8000347044_e7ba4a772b.jpg

This is me now:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7119/7666458392_8ee66d52f0_n.jpg

Rowan--J loves laundry, too. He used to be happy just having it thrown over him before I folded it, but now that he's mobile, he apparently doesn't approve of my folding. He pulls it out of the basket and insists I redo it. Which is awesome when it comes to fitted sheets. They take me years to do anyway, and he is never satisfied...

And yay for Martha! Too bad there isn't an easy way to post videos. I'd love to see her walking! Actually, I'd love to see videos of everyone's LO. Anyway, I'm glad she had a good time at play group.

And her pictures are gorgeous! I love the last one. She looks guilty, as if she's been caught doing something naughty.

ETA: the getting down from standing by getting into a sitting position is apparently quite rare. Most babies either plop down onto their butts, or need to have someone help them down. My MIL told me that; she's got oodles of experience with babies and toddlers. She ran a daycare for years.

SabrinaKat--I'm glad your headache is gone, but it sounds like a rough night. It's good that your OH helped you out, and that you got a nap. :sleep:

Re: Chickpea Patties--Does anyone have a good chickpea patty recipe that isn't too overwhelming with spices? I have a recipe from the BLW cookbook, but it's brutal; completely over-spiced and waaaay too much garlic and onion. I made it for J once, and he was NOT impressed. I'm looking for something simpler.

Hello ladies,

Been busy with my dad, thiago and hubby. Stressed with hubby finding a job but I am trying to believe something is about to happen soon hopefully:)!
I am mentally tired trying to translate stuff that my dad wants to say to my husband and vice versa :growlmad:!!! My dad knows some English but it needs a lot of improvement. And I love him but he makes me crazy sometimes :wacko:! We are too similar personalities to be sharing one roof :haha:!!
Thiago is doing well. Handling family craziness like a pro. His top teeth broke in and now is just a matter of than coming down. He has been taking wonderful naps lately:). I missed taking naps with him so now he is in bed with me so we can take a nap together:). I love my little man :kiss::baby:!!

Rowan: love the pictures:)! She is just amazing with her walking and beautiful too:). You are almost done with first trimester! How are you feeling?

Clio: you made me laugh when you said that you were trying a picture of your hubby where he does not look exhausted:)!!! And he has a cup of coffe in his hands:haha:!!! Very handsome by the way and so are you:). I think Jonah looks like you.

Clio and kosh: happy birthday to the little j and little g:)!!!:happydance:

Indigo and Bravemom and Conina: where are you girls?

Evening everyone - hope you are all well

Rowan - Martha is adorable love the pics - what a cutey :)

Hey Clio love your pics! I don't know what I imagined but you look really young - and your hubby is a handsome chap!

Another night of having L in with me last night, she slept for 11 hours though! I'm weighing up the benefits of having her in with her sleeping. She did cry a bit at 6am but not enough to wake up. I do find it hard to sleep with her in with me though, I keep having to remove her head from my butt - she just won't stay still! She is a wiggly worm. Anyway I was at the hospital today, just for a consultation and bloodtests and I have to go get a scope down next Tuesday. My dad took me as DH had L, after we went for hot chocolate and a nosey round Lakeland and M&S, I really enjoyed my L free couple of hours and it was nice to be out with my dad, who I see all the time, he's trying to make up for my mum not being around when I'd expected her to be :( He is trying so hard with L, it's good to see. Anyway I'm waffling, but DH bathed and put L to bed and she is currently asleep in her cot and has been for the last half hour - let's see how long she stays there.....

Suppose I better look out some photos of us as a family to share with you lovely ladies.. soon I promise....

Here we go - taken at Lydias baptism with DH and my dad - I won't keep this up for long as my dad would kill me for putting a pic of him up :)

Just a quick hello. Lovely photos ladies. Kia not settling again this eve so no time just now xx

Really tired so will be only on briefly.
Rowan how cute is Martha?! I love the christening pic but also the way she stands there by her table in the next pic. She is adorable!

Clio your hubby is really handsome! And you are lovely! The way you described yourself I did not picture you so young looking or so slim! Seriously woman! You have a self esteem issue obviously cause you are lovely! :hugs: And how cute is your boy sitting there in his little sunhat? He surely has the loveliest eyes ever!

Borboleta I am so glad the teeth have come through and Thiago is doing better! Yay for excellent naps! :)

Storm that is a really cute family pic and Lydia is an adorable little princess! Love the lil dress too! I always envy mummies of lil girls for the little dresses they can buy them lol.

As for us, the restaurant where we wanted to have an afternoon tea after the Christening cannot take us that day :( So now we are a lil stumped. There is the option of a very posh and lush hotel which would cost the earth but that is tempting us very much. I have a lil extra cash at the moment cause I double paid my home insurance for 5 (!!!) years and I got 50% back which is a nice sum. We are thinking of using some of it for the Christening-do and we are "only" 12 people but it probably is a lil crazy. Hmm. On the other hand we haven't had a wedding and won't either, so I guess why not hm? Also time is running out and we don't know what else to do that will allow us to leave not much later after 6pm lol.
it is my night tonight and I am already exhausted lol. Night night xxx

Hi ladies,
Well its really late here and I should be in bed! I will seriously regret being up this late come tomorrow morning!

Had my surprise baby shower on Saturday. I will try post pics in the next few days.
Will try catch up on posts soon too.

I did briefly flick through and loving all the family pics!!!

Here we go - taken at Lydias baptism with DH and my dad - I won't keep this up for long as my dad would kill me for putting a pic of him up :)

https://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k614/storm1jet2/c.jpg

Love the picture storm:)!!! So beautiful all of you! Tell your dad is too late we already saw him and we know who he is :haha::). Lydia is a doll!

Thank you everyone. I hope that I'll someday soon come to feel more comfortable. But I am beginning to feel better. A few months ago, I had one of those experiences you dream about. I passed an old rival from university on the street. Back in my passionate university days, we had quite a tempestuous relationship that ended in, well, not good feelings. I hadn't lived in my home city for 5 years, and hadn't seen her for even longer. We pretended like we didn't know each other, but we both knew that the other knew.

And it was like the worst and the best "pass old rival on street years later" fantasies at the same time. The best: I had this handsome husband and beautiful baby by my side. The worst: I had gained 40 pounds and had multicoloured hair. But, when I retold the story to the friends we were visiting, they said, "yes, but you also look relaxed and happy! Who wouldn't want that?" And with that, I began to feel better.

StormJet--You look so elegant! I love your dress and that pendant, especially. And how beautiful is L? Seriously, she should be the next Gerber baby.

Angel--Oh my, this is getting so complicated and would make for a great comedic drama. Or dramatic comedy. Is there a Las Vegas version of a Christening? Can you elope, so to speak?

storm and clio gorge pics :)

angel ah Christenings are almost like planning a wedding - we went overbpard in the end and hired a church hall, its where we go to playgroup every week so i asked them if we could use some of the toys etc - it was fab they got tables out for the kids, dress up, toys, crayons and colouring in books etc so all the kids were happy = happy parents lol - we had 120 people it was ridiculous but went well in the end :) we had a buffet brought in and i did a kids spread with little sarnies and tiny cakes etc

just go with whatever seems good to you - Im sure itll be a lovely day

Morning everyone - had another one of those bizarre nights were L was up crying for3 hours and 20 minutes and I don't know why! She did do a massive poo after that so I'm assuming wind - she has such a sensitive wee tummy!

Angel - dresses are soooo cute but so impractical - I hardly ever wear them on her, I find her hard to lift in them and she finds them restrictive! Actually I need to get some together and start selling them on ebay - maybe that will stop me buying things on ebay!

Rowan - your chirstening sounds fab, huge but fab! We had about 35 people at ours and we just went back to my dads and I bought a pile of pre prepared food from M&S and my SILs made a pile of desserts, it was a lovely day and the kids all got to play in the garden, L has 7 cousins over here so its always mad.

Clio - you need to drop the negative off that encounter - gorgeous husband, gorgeous baby boy and so what if you were a little heavier than you would have liked, you still had the perfect family and a little weight never hurt anyone and she probably didn't even notice she was probably too busy checking out your boys! :)

Back later - need to go get washed and dressed before noon - what a night!

Love to you all xx

clio - you need to drop the negative off that encounter - gorgeous husband, gorgeous baby boy and so what if you were a little heavier than you would have liked, you still had the perfect family and a little weight never hurt anyone and she probably didn't even notice she was probably too busy checking out your boys! :)

^wss! :)

Another teething night....slept from 10 to....11, sigh. It was my OH's night, so I did offer to help out, but as I had taken my sleeping tablets (only when OH has LO), had to crash (was tired anyway, tho). It took my OH an hour to get him back to sleep, so around 12am, and then LO was kinda awake at 6.30am, so am up since then, although LO had some short naps since then, I've been awake! Fortunately, he seems in good humour so far today...

Love all the pictures -- both my OH and I hate having our pictures taken, but hopefully, will post some sooner rather than later (I also need to/want to lose some weight myself!)....

LO is now trying to eat his foot (from boredom, me thinks), so will post later. I bought a lovely babygro from babyGap on Sunday, arrived yesterday and he's wearing today -- it's blue with little rabbits on it, rabbits holding pencils and/or sitting on books, so very cute (and applicable as am a teacher), got it on sale tho!

oh, no...now LO's starting to cry....

bye!

:wave::wave::wave: Hi all!! Still here and lurking...

Conina and Indigo how are you? And how are your LOs? Hope all is well. xxx

Went clothes shopping on my own today for the first time since the boys were born and found nada, zilch, niet that fit :cry: I have lost so much of my enormous belly since the boys were born that I kinda forgot what an enormous backside I have. Shop mirrors can be so unkind! I wanted a new smart trouser suit for the Christening but I guess I shall just have to dig out something old that covers my hiney :(

Conina and Indigo how are you? And how are your LOs? Hope all is well. xxx

Went clothes shopping on my own today for the first time since the boys were born and found nada, zilch, niet that fit :cry: I have lost so much of my enormous belly since the boys were born that I kinda forgot what an enormous backside I have. Shop mirrors can be so unkind! I wanted a new smart trouser suit for the Christening but I guess I shall just have to dig out something old that covers my hiney :(

Oh angel I wish I had your problem:haha:!! We brazilian's love a big hiney but unfortunelly I was not blessed with one of those :cry:!!! I wish I was like Jennifer Lopez or Mariah carey!! Big hips and butty. I need to go to a plastic surgeon and have new boobs put in and have a tummy tuck and a Brazilian hiney put on me :haha:. Enjoy yours ... It is so feminine to me:)!

So now we would love to see family pictures of Conina, indigo, Sabrina and Rowan and kosh:).

Your post just made me realize...I don't think we have any pics of the 3 of us together....except the one right after he came out... :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

Angel...I agree with Borboleta....enjoy your hiney...:thumbup:

We are well. Niko is rolling over, saying 'O' & 'Boo' over & over & over again & fighting his daytime naps & kicking everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->