Any PCOS ladies want to chat?

Kyli, welcome and good luck!

Sorry you didn't O yet, Cookie, but hopefully you're well on your way now!

I'm trying to decide which IC OPKs and HPTs I'm going to buy this time around. Haven't been terribly impressed with Wondfo HPTs although I did like their OPKs.

Hi all, I have PCOS too. Benn diagnosed about 2 years. We've only been ttc#1 for a few weeks, so not really feeling any disappointment yet. Although I think I might've had a chemical last cycle. Just started on Soy Isoflavones (sic) and Evening Primrose Oil. Fertility issues and PCOS runs in my family and they all still conceived naturally so fingers crossed!

Hi Excited! Good luck with ttc. I tried evening primrose oil but it gave me headaches so stopped. I've heard of soy, where do you get it from? You only take it on certain days of your cycle don't you??

Wanting - I think most of the cheap hpt's are the same, and all very prone to evap lines.

Well still no ovulation, my cM has gone more watery again with some ewcm but not loads. Decided to start back on my 20-1 cream which is progesterone with added oestrogen, I found last year when I used it it got me ovulating earlier (cycles were really long). I'm really surprised that I'm ovulating so late, I've lost more weight since I last ovulated and my cycles have been getting shorter, so am really disappointed that this cycle is going to be long :( xx I just hate that pcos does this to us, it's not fair. What I'd give for a nice normal and regular 28 cycle, how lovely that must be. Just want this cycle to come to an end now so I can start a new cycle and hopefully ovulate.

Xx

Hi ladies new 2 this forum... can anyone help? Started using Opk because I work nights temping has been difficult. Got a positive cd12..we had intercourse cd12 evening what r my chances? Cd10 was also positive but I'm also n school during the finishing my degree, unable to bd.I tested again cd 14 no surge.

Rephrase typo cd12-13 opk detected surge...Bd on cd-12...what r my chances? Had sore boobs twinges on my left side but I cudnt detect alot of ewcm...please help?

Hi Excited! Good luck with ttc. I tried evening primrose oil but it gave me headaches so stopped. I've heard of soy, where do you get it from? You only take it on certain days of your cycle don't you??

Wanting - I think most of the cheap hpt's are the same, and all very prone to evap lines.

Well still no ovulation, my cM has gone more watery again with some ewcm but not loads. Decided to start back on my 20-1 cream which is progesterone with added oestrogen, I found last year when I used it it got me ovulating earlier (cycles were really long). I'm really surprised that I'm ovulating so late, I've lost more weight since I last ovulated and my cycles have been getting shorter, so am really disappointed that this cycle is going to be long :( xx I just hate that pcos does this to us, it's not fair. What I'd give for a nice normal and regular 28 cycle, how lovely that must be. Just want this cycle to come to an end now so I can start a new cycle and hopefully ovulate.

Xx

Thank you! Same to you! I am in the process of changing doctors and I hope this new doctor will me more understanding of the fact that I am not too young to have a child :dohh: :)

Hi all, I have PCOS too. Benn diagnosed about 2 years. We've only been ttc#1 for a few weeks, so not really feeling any disappointment yet. Although I think I might've had a chemical last cycle. Just started on Soy Isoflavones (sic) and Evening Primrose Oil. Fertility issues and PCOS runs in my family and they all still conceived naturally so fingers crossed!

Goodluck on your ttc journey. I was diagnosed in 2004. I did conceive naturally in 2009, I mc a month later. I restarted taking Metformin in Jan of this year, and it has helped tremendously.

Hi Excited and Sharsam, welcome to the group.

Goodluck on your ttc journey. I was diagnosed in 2004. I did conceive naturally in 2009, I mc a month later. I restarted taking Metformin in Jan of this year, and it has helped tremendously.

Thanks Swtpinkbabi! Im on 500mg metformin! It seems to be helping me eat every carby item in sight! I feel like this month should be good and if not next month is looking good. I think Im enjoy in the :sex: too much.

Hello ladies! I was diagnosed officially with PCOS 2 years ago, but believe I have had it for about 9 years.

Last May, after being on BCP for 6 months & going off a month before, I became pregnant . I thought it was impossible , so I didn't even know till I was 8 weeks. I ignored the symptoms & thought I was just getting sick. I finally decided to take one, & got a bfp instantly.

At 24 weeks we lost our daughter, Alexis. I had low amnio at a second gender scan, around 20 weeks, they couldn't see all of her, so that's why we got a second one. We were told she had t18, but after talking to a genetic counselor, he believes I had severe preeclampsia, but might have been undetectable to me because they had just put me on meds at 17 weeks.

In an average year, I only get my af 2 months outta the year if I'm not on BCP. When I am on it, regular cycles, when I go off, I usually get 2 cycles & that's it. I've currently been off BCP for 4 months, & have amazingly had 3 cycles. I currently have not gotten af yet, & wonder if I am pg (I'm 17 dpo & still bfn) or if my PCOS is just acting up & blocking my af again.

I have not tried any meds. I would like TTC, but it's taking hubs some convincing because we are moving soon. He wants to wait till Oct, but I'm trying to have him understand I have no idea when af will stop coming! (It could be this cycle haha)

Baby dust to all!

Welcome Excited! I'm also taking soy. I'm on my third cycle of it now, and I had success O'ing with it for my past two cycles. Fx that it works for you, too! How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I just think it's crazy that any doctors would be passing judgment that you're too young to have a baby! That's not their job, at all.

Hoping you O very soon Cookie! It is so frustrating when you're waiting for O and it ends up being later than you expect!

nickielg, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. How absolutely devastating that must have been! I hope you get your rainbow very soon!

I just started on inositol and I have a question: do you take it together with the folic acid or is it just important that you take both? I've been taking folic acid and vitamine d for a while now and I take it just after lunch. I'm taking the inositol with breakfast and dinner. Do I have to change this?

How is everybody doing? I'm on CD 11 and just waiting for O. Anyone in the 2ww?

I am CD 24 and didn't track O this month so who knows! I have been spotting for 6 days now, I don't know what's going on and now I wish I had tracked!

Eline - you take the folic with the inositol.

Well I'm not a happy bunny, cd 33 and I have not ovulated...really feeling fed up. I thought with the weightloss and taking inositol I would definitely have ovulated, I always have done before. Wonder if inositol has stopped me ovulating, all I know if that before taking it I ovulated, since taking it I haven't. Perhaps its just a coincidence and has nothing to do with inositol but just incase I have stopped taking it.

I haven't seen the doctor for a good 10 years about my pcos and we've been trying since June last year (Jan til April we took it easy and I stopped using opks etc in hope that the relaxed approach would work - but apparently not) so feel like its the right time to see the doctor. Appointment isn't til July 16th so just have to wait and see what happens, would be nice if either my period arrived or I finally ovulate before then, but won't hold my breath.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. xx

How is everyone doing? Been quiet on here recently.

I've finally ovulated, it took til cd 44 though. Really thought I was having an annovolatory (spelling) cycle. Luckily had kept checking my cm and charting my temp and because of having so much ewcm decided to do a opk and it was positive, I haven't had a positive opk since the cycle before last.

Here's my chart, as you can imagine I was ready to give up on the cycle, glad I didn't because I'm 4 dpo today:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26c830/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Got a doctors appointment tomorrow to talk about the fact that I've been trying for over a year now.

Hope everyone is ok. xx

Hey cookie! Well, looks like we are both having a super long cycle this time. Today is CD30 and I have yet to O. Super frustrated! I figured my body would get back to its old tricks. I've still been doing an OPK every day. The last couple of days I've had a lot of EWCM so I'm hoping this means that I will O soon! I have an appt next month for my pap and will discuss TTC then. Since I had trouble with DS, my OB said I could give Clomid a try again without having to try naturally for a year.

Long cycles are so frustrating, and there's not a damn thing we can do, just have to wait. By the time I got to cd 40 I thought thats it I'm not going to ovulate and thought I'd have to ask the doctor to give me something to bring on my period, but luckily days before my appointment I ovulated.

I hope you ovulate soon wanting! The ewcm sounds promising.

This cycle has most definitely been screwed up, I've had spotting on cd 19 and cd 21 (never spot) ewcm on and off since about cd 17 and when I didn't have ewcm it was watery. Usually I only get ewcm in the days leading to ovulation. Now I'm 6 dpo, mainly dry with a little creamy cm so it reinforces my belief that I O'd. Glad I persevered with charting my temperature.

There I was harping on about inositol and its had a really negative effect on me...all I know is that before inositol I ovulated and my cycles were 33/34 days long, after taking it for 6 weeks I didn't ovulate, so I stopped taking it, 2weeks later I ovulated. No more inositol for me!! Shame because I really thought it was going to help me :(

x

Hmmm, that's really something to take into consideration. I've been on inositol for a month now and so far I haven't seen any results though it might still be early days. I did watch my food intake as well so I was a bit disappointed to learn I didn't lose any weight. Anyway, I was planning to take the whole supply I bought which should get me through another month and if i didn't see any results to stop taking it.

Do you think there might be another cause for your long cycle other then the inositol? Did you make any changes?

Nope no other changes, between when I ovulated last cycle and when I was supposed to ovulate this cycle I'd lost another 5 and a half lbs taking my total loss to 32 lbs, the weight loss seemed to be working wonders on my cycles. I had no stress, nothing that could account for my f'd up cycle. I did some googling and came across a fair few posts by women saying they'd been taking inositol and started spotting but nothing about it delaying ovulation or increasing the length of a cycle. Maybe it was just my body being weird, maybe it was just a coincidence, but I dont want to take it again just incase it was the inositol. Shame because I have a big tub of inositol powder that wasn't cheap!!!

How are your cycles since taking inositol? Im having blood tests done to see if I definitely ovulate and if my hormones are ok, hopefully will turn out that I do (my charts say yes) so won't need to take anything anyway. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->