Any plus size ladies looking to minimise weight gain?

Woot Wombat, WTG!

I might be done. One of my huge motivations was to avoid needing more intervention for my gestational diabetes. But I just got the rug yanked out from under me today - they started me on insulin. I've lost all sense of self efficacy. It feels like nothing I do matters and no matter how hard I try it won't make anything better :brat:

I decided to have a pity party for lunch time and just finished eating a ton of carbs. I don't think I'll probably workout today either, or go on a walk or anything. :help:

Uni Tsi, sorry about the diabetes. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Don't give up though - you are doing so very very great!

Looks like, your body can not really control sugar levels during pregnancy, but keep up with a good work, and once you give birth it will get back to normal much faster.

I go from feeling super pregnant to non pregnant :dohh:

Like this morning I woke up, and belly is just tiiiiny. Good thing I have an appointment today, and will check if all ok. Also, probably will find out the sex :)
Yesterday dreamt its a girl, today that it is another boy... So confusing!

You are all doing so well! I have gained a few kg, but still in prepregnancy clothes as long as they have room for the belly.

Thanks wombat. I too, often feel not pregnant. Today for the first time when I woke up feeling not pregnant anymore she is giving a little kick. Before now, my doppler has been a lifesaver. GL with your appointment!

Minties, prepregnancy clothes? I'm impressed!

I have basically given up going to the gym for now. Maybe once summer comes on, the pool there will start to seem more inviting. And, I'm not going on walks at all. But, I am doing a lot of work in the garden which my fitbit counts as active minutes and I'm getting in my steps so I guess that still counts as something.

My doc gave me a hard time for having a bmi of 27, i am 5ft 7 and a size 12 :cry: I think they just like to make people feel bad, good luck girls xxx

Sorry about diabetes uni. Wombat sound like your doing amazing. I'm guessing girl for you. I've just weighed and I've put on nearly a stone! Gutted. X

My doc gave me a hard time for having a bmi of 27, i am 5ft 7 and a size 12 :cry: I think they just like to make people feel bad, good luck girls xxx

Your doc is an ass. My second pregnancy I started with a bmi of 38!
This one with the same bmi as you, and never was told anything!

My doc actually said (apparently she is the best in her field), that women are not supposed to have abs. And for successful pregnancies there should be just some extra layer of fat.

Dani, try not to worry. As long as you are doing your best with the healthy food and exercising (your best, not someone else best), it is ok.

Well... My best yesterday was 5 slices of pizza..... And it was delicious!
:blush::haha:

Your doc is an ass. My second pregnancy I started with a bmi of 38!
This one with the same bmi as you, and never was told anything!

My doc actually said (apparently she is the best in her field), that women are not supposed to have abs. And for successful pregnancies there should be just some extra layer of fat.

Dani, try not to worry. As long as you are doing your best with the healthy food and exercising (your best, not someone else best), it is ok.

Well... My best yesterday was 5 slices of pizza..... And it was delicious!
:blush::haha:

She is a bit of a dick, she was saying i will need to take extra folic acid because of my bmi?! Well the consultant said nope, she was talking rubbish.... The thing is i have a very large chest (f cup) if i didn't have them my bmi would probably be 25.... She made me feel so upset... I am also an avid cyclist and was a horse rider so have a large amount of muscles on my thighs... Oh well she can kiss my big fat arse! lol

Jess, I know from experience that if you have any muscle at all, the BMI chart is rubbish. Currently, my BMI actually is too high (over 30), but the only time I ever was in what's considered the optimal range I was actually severely underweight.

For the first pregnancy, I had BMI about yours, and no one said anything. I gained about a lb a week, and everyone on my med team said I was on the right track. Makes me wonder how much actual experience your doc has, or if she's just going off what it said in her texts books? As Wombat said, it's actually healthier to have some fat as compared to none.

Either way, it is good to stay fit during pregnancy. So, I'm glad you're joining us :) Are you still able to cycle and horseback ride or have you had to switch to other things?

Jess, I know from experience that if you have any muscle at all, the BMI chart is rubbish. Currently, my BMI actually is too high (over 30), but the only time I ever was in what's considered the optimal range I was actually severely underweight.

For the first pregnancy, I had BMI about yours, and no one said anything. I gained about a lb a week, and everyone on my med team said I was on the right track. Makes me wonder how much actual experience your doc has, or if she's just going off what it said in her texts books? As Wombat said, it's actually healthier to have some fat as compared to none.

Either way, it is good to stay fit during pregnancy. So, I'm glad you're joining us :) Are you still able to cycle and horseback ride or have you had to switch to other things?

I haven't done horse riding for years but i have a taga (buggy bike), so i can still ride about, not 7 miles a day anymore, but yeah a bit xxx

I had never heard of a taga before, but now I really want one! Looks fun :)

Jessica,

Just noticed, you have kids, similar to mine in age. I am expecting my 3rd one. How did your older kids react to the new baby?
Also, theoretically I'd like a 4th one straight away too (so baby has a sibling close in age). How are you coping with 2 + baby + new pregnancy?

:)

Jessica,

Just noticed, you have kids, similar to mine in age. I am expecting my 3rd one. How did your older kids react to the new baby?
Also, theoretically I'd like a 4th one straight away too (so baby has a sibling close in age). How are you coping with 2 + baby + new pregnancy?

:)

To be honest its a breeze, honestly my two older boys are really good, and always willing to help fetch me things, i think as long as you have a good routine and allow yourself plenty of time for stuff it all works out great xxxx

Hi, can I join you please?

My BMI is around 30. I weigh a stone more than I did when I fell pregnant with ds, but I gained a lot of weight with him (probably 4-5 stone altogether). I don't want to do the same again.

I joined Slimming World the week before I got my bfp, so only managed to lose a few pounds. I am now 11 weeks and have put 2 back on, but I still weigh a pound and a half less than the week before the BFP.

I haven't attended Slimming World for a few weeks (weighed at home instead), because I felt really self conscious with the fact I was gaining half a pound or staying the same every week when the women weighing me didn't have a clue that I was pregnant. I'm thinking of heading back after my 12 week scan and the pregnancy being out in the open.

Snacking is my biggest problem. Mainly during the evening, but before long I will have 6 weeks holidays from work (I teach) and then I'll only be working 2 days a week until baby is here. My ds will be in school part time so will have lots of spare time to snack :blush: I must try to control it this time!

Welcome :))))

In bed already, so just a quick hi:)

Try switching your snacks. Like always have fresh veggies (like carrot or celery) and apples handy. Also I love rice crackers (those round gluten free ones). I MUST snack, as I do not eat large meals, but choose healthy stuff.

I am 20 weeks now, and have put on 3 kgs (6,5 pounds), which I think is ok.

And, good luck :)

Hi, can I join you please?

My BMI is around 30. I weigh a stone more than I did when I fell pregnant with ds, but I gained a lot of weight with him (probably 4-5 stone altogether). I don't want to do the same again.

I joined Slimming World the week before I got my bfp, so only managed to lose a few pounds. I am now 11 weeks and have put 2 back on, but I still weigh a pound and a half less than the week before the BFP.

I haven't attended Slimming World for a few weeks (weighed at home instead), because I felt really self conscious with the fact I was gaining half a pound or staying the same every week when the women weighing me didn't have a clue that I was pregnant. I'm thinking of heading back after my 12 week scan and the pregnancy being out in the open.

Snacking is my biggest problem. Mainly during the evening, but before long I will have 6 weeks holidays from work (I teach) and then I'll only be working 2 days a week until baby is here. My ds will be in school part time so will have lots of spare time to snack :blush: I must try to control it this time!

Welcome :))))

In bed already, so just a quick hi:)

Try switching your snacks. Like always have fresh veggies (like carrot or celery) and apples handy. Also I love rice crackers (those round gluten free ones). I MUST snack, as I do not eat large meals, but choose healthy stuff.

I am 20 weeks now, and have put on 3 kgs (6,5 pounds), which I think is ok.

And, good luck :)

Thank you :)

You're right about the snacks - I really need to choose healthy ones. I need to have them handy because it's so easy to pick a biscuit!

I'm struggling with eating big meals at the moment too. I did when I was expecting ds as well. It soon passed once the first trimester was out of the way though!!

6.5 lbs in 20 weeks is fab! Well done :)

Welcome Oneday! Nice to meet you :flow: It sounds like you're doing really great so far!

I am 23 weeks along, and although I've started finally to gain a little I'm still 6 lbs less than when I started. To be honest, I snack ALL the time. I pretty much just have a day of snacks and then eat dinner. But, like Wombat said, it's important that the snacks be healthy. Actually, I find snacking really helpful because as long as I stay feeling full I make better food choices. It's when I let myself get too hungry that I end up overindulging in something I shouldn't have.

Of course, eating all the time means I also have to stay active. But it's easier for me to spend some time every day going on a walk or working in the garden than it is to feel like I didn't get enough to eat.

I honestly don't have much willpower, but the ladies on this thread are really helpful and supportive! <3

Welcome Oneday! Nice to meet you :flow: It sounds like you're doing really great so far!

I am 23 weeks along, and although I've started finally to gain a little I'm still 6 lbs less than when I started. To be honest, I snack ALL the time. I pretty much just have a day of snacks and then eat dinner. But, like Wombat said, it's important that the snacks be healthy. Actually, I find snacking really helpful because as long as I stay feeling full I make better food choices. It's when I let myself get too hungry that I end up overindulging in something I shouldn't have.

Of course, eating all the time means I also have to stay active. But it's easier for me to spend some time every day going on a walk or working in the garden than it is to feel like I didn't get enough to eat.

I honestly don't have much willpower, but the ladies on this thread are really helpful and supportive! <3

Thank you......fab advice. It looks like snacking is the way to go. 6lbs less than when you started at 23 weeks is amazing.

Thank you wombat. Hope things are calming at work for you and you're getting some rest

Hi one sounds like you're doing well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"