Any plus size ladies looking to minimise weight gain?

I hope your appointment goes well today! I had one yesterday, down 2 lbs from previous at regular OB four weeks ago. I'm really trying to keep it in place. Hoping fatigue lifts soon, still walking almost every day and workouts 3-6 days a week. Just hanging in! How's everyone else doing???

Ugh I just had a long post I made vanish when I tried to post it. I am too tired to write it all from scratch! The short version is, I'm glad everyone is doing well, Wombat, I hope you get to take more naps! Clandestine, I'm impressed with how often you work out! And, I over did it yesterday and today my shoulders really, really hurt.

I think I'm finally starting to put on some weight :| I went up 4 lbs in between weigh ins! That leaves me with only 13 more I can gain and stay within doc's recommendation (counting what I lost in 1st trimester) or only 6 lbs left if I try to stay to gaining the ten she recommended and don't count what I lost in the first couple months.

I'm not sure what I did differently, just kind of on the same approach I've been. I guess it could be water retention? But, I'm feeling a bit discouraged.

I hope everyone else is doing better than me!

Everyone's gone quiet :huh: I hope you're all ok! Updates please! :flow:

Ladies, do you think exercising too hard could cause a small bleed three/four days later? I accidently pushed myself so hard in aquaspin class that I was sore the next day. Then a few days later passed a small clot. Just confirmed today, baby is fine and cervix is fine. My doc said not to worry about it.

I always thought if working out too hard was going to cause spotting, it was during/immediately after the workout. Could it still be related if it was days later? Has anyone had any experience with that? I know I should have asked my doc, but it didn't occur to me before that there might be any link so I didn't think to mention it to her until after my appointment.

Sorry, I can't BnB at work (the ads are considered malware by the institution networking system), so hard to update when I'm tired or have things going on in the after work hours.

I am (according to my home scale) exactly the same weight, no actual loss. I had a super busy personal life week (lots of dinners out and parties), so my exercise slipped a bit - only two workouts, plus daily walks only four days. I am slowly getting my butt back on track this week. My fatigue has not really changed at all, I think I've just gotten better at living with it. Just grateful all seems well with the fetus and that I'm only suffering from fatigue and ravenous hunger.

I have (thankfully) not had any bleeding since one streak of spotting at 5w2d. I know exercise can cause light bleeds, the recommendations I was given was if I had any spotting to chill out for 48 hours, then resume normal activities. If it happens repeatedly, then stop whatever is causing it. I'm being governed by super common sense ladies, who I adore.

Clandestine, I'm glad to hear you're doing well! I don't get to check BnB at work either, but for the silly reason that I can never remember my password :dohh:

I appreciate common sense advice! Thanks! :laugh2:

I seem to be getting all my active minutes in the garden these days. I hope everyone else is also having a lovely time with the spring weather. How is the nice weather changing everyone's exercise routines?

its fall this side of the world but Im feeling a little better *touchwood*

im glad you getting some exercise in the garden ...

Uni - It's the end of April, and today thermometer showed +5C. BRRRRR!!!

Plus it's raining :D

We joke here, that summer lasts exactly 2 weeks in the end of July :dohh:

I LOVE hot weather, so am really looking forward to no rain and some sun.

As for exercising..... Hmmm.... :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:
I decided to even stop trying. Tummy hurts. I am tired 24/7. OH is away now, so I have to fully look after 2 kids as well...
So I am just sticking to eating as healthy as I can.
16 weeks, and only 1-2kg (depending on a day) up... I guess this is as much as I could have hoped for. Just hope, that my weight gain altogether won't be more than 10 kgs...

Well, done you though for having the energy to do at least something!:hugs::flower:

Oh Wombat, I am so jealous of your weather. It's the opposite here, summer is already trying to show up (like it was ~22C BEFORE THE SUN CAME UP today) and it's going to be a high of 30C tomorrow. I am not a fan. I'm scheduled to travel to CZ in July and so excited as their high at that time is less than our low this morning!

I am still walking, with my whole work drama and possibly moving for a new job before the year ends, I have been upset and then oversleeping so I've been really behind on more intense exercise. I plan to get back on track in the morning, still very blah today. But better! Definitely getting over this and starting to move on.

Ladies it's good to hear all your updates! Today, the weather was cold and nasty here so I'm stuck inside. I'm trying to make it a productive day by cleaning my whole house (which has not been done in a long time) and reminding myself that housework also counts as exercise.

I have to admit, I'm not going to the gym at all lately. I might try to go back next week. But, gardening doesn't even feel like a workout and I get active minutes on my fitbit so I guess it still counts. It's a new garden we're putting in from scratch so mostly so far I'm just preparing the bed. I feel like one of those pioneer women you read about who keep working in the fields right up till the end lol

At least I'm finally to a point in the pregnancy where I can eat healthy again. Still haven't started going up in weight. I go up a few pounds, then back down again. So, basically holding steady. I'm starting to feel optimistic that I might actually meet my doc's weight gain recommendations :D

I'm holding steady on the weight front, too! You are like my role model, because you are a few weeks ahead! I feel like if I know someone that can hold the line, I can hold it too!

Thunderstorms here now... I really should clean my house, but taking it easy instead.

It makes me feel cool to be someone's role model! :cool:

But, it's funny you should say that, because I consider YOU one of MY role models :flow:

I had a new personal best on Monday - 20,642 steps! :D
I'm really appreciating spring time as it opens up the types of activities I can do.
What are other ladies doing for activity?

ROFL, walking and walking. I took an accidental hiatus from the other stuff, but thankfully weight is still holding steady!

Congrats on holding weight steady! It is a real accomplishment!

Walking is great! I also sort of took a break from going to the gym, but I've been working in the garden spreading mulch. If I do too much, my hips start to hurt. I think this summer the garden and the swimming pool will be my main activities. Well that and walking, of course!

I've finally gone up about .8 of a lb as of this week (21 weeks). But I'm ok with that. They were starting to give me a hard time at the doctor's office about me not gaining any weight so hopefully that will keep them happy next visit.

gosh you ladies are doing so well keep it up ...

I have been walking more but my PGP doesn't allow it to happen daily ... but now that the sickness is going im feeling so much better ...

I only gained 1.2kg this entire pregnancy Im planning on gaining minimal was already overweight to start with and I only picked up 10kg in my pregnancy with my DD but 23kg with my son so it feels like Im doing something right at least LOL ...

Blessed, you're doing great too!

I'm just starting to get some pain in my hips and it is definitely slowing me down. I should probably get out my belt soon and see if that helps. Last time I was pregnant by this point, I could barely waddle around it hurt so much. This time aside from the occasional twinge I've been a lot luckier. But I have the feeling that could change at any moment. Then I'll probably just stick to the swimming pool cause I'm a wimp lol

Glad you're feeling less sick, that definitely will make things easier!

I am still, somehow, at zero net gain for weight. Scale is right where it was ovulation day in Jan. I swear it's not broken, as Hubster has gained some and I've gaines/lost water weight.

Still walking mostly daily, trying to get other exercise going again. Local pool opens at the end of May, feel like that is just in time!

My carb intake is up a bit, giving body what it asks for within reasonable limits. Mostly still eating low carb, high protein, lots of veggies and fruits. So far, so good.

Hi girls :)

Well done all on keeping weight under control.

I have put on 3 kgs by now (6 pounds), and looks like it is all belly and boobs. Am quite happy with this weight gain (all in the last few weeks).

Still can wear my pre pregnancy clothes and generally feel fine.

Too lazy though to get my ass back to the gym :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"