Any plus size ladies looking to minimise weight gain?

WTG Wombat!

I love checking in here, it always helps me feel more motivated. I'm trying to convince myself to get out of my comfy chair and go to the gym :p

hello ladies

I haven't checked in for so long ... I have tried my best to make healthy choices but I still fail on most days due to the MS

so far today I have been very good ... oats and peanut butter for breakfast, grilled chicken and salad for lunch and fruits for snacks although Im feeling a little queasy still

Blessed, it's nice to hear from you! It sounds like you're making healthy choices. It really is hard with MS. I'm still struggling with that myself. In fact, after my last post, instead of going to the gym, here's what I actually did instead:

I drove to the gym, started to feel sick, went into a restaurant in the same mini mall. Ordered something FULL of carbs, ate it. Went back to my car. Decided I was too tired now and really needed a nap. Drove home and slept :dohh: So, I was gym adjacent, but did not actually make it to the gym. I feel so dumb! lol

LOL I suppose it happens to the best of us ... I haven't been to gym since Jan and the gym is right next to our office

I only just joined my gym in December, so the shiny newness of the experience hasn't worn off yet. I was still on the introductory membership rate when I found out I was pregnant :laugh2:

I signed up today to do an aqua spin class next week! I'm super excited, it seems like the perfect thing for my bump. If I like it, I'm going to commit to a series of ten classes, once a week. I loved spin class before, but everything I read said it's not good for the back to lean forward on the bike with the weight of the bump hanging down. I've been using a stationary recumbent bike, but my bump was starting to get in the way of my legs and it's not as fun as a class. So, YAY aqua spin class :happydance: They'll really put anything in a pool these days, won't they? lol

Uni Tsi, remind me again how far along you are? I'm curious about what I'm going to have to modify as I develop an actual bump. 13 weeks tomorrow and nothing so far. Best advantage of being fat before being pregnant, negotiating a possible promotion at work and don't want that factored into it!

The gym thing isn't as big here in New Zealand, I don't think. I do a lot of walking and do weight lifting at home. I can't imagine having to drive somewhere to exercise, I'd never motivate myself to get out the door!

I have a treadmill and weights, as well as workout videos at home! I'm not good at getting to a gym either!

Clandestine, I'm only 15 weeks. But, I wasn't showing at all until week 14 and then it's the strangest thing but my belly just popped out there in that round pregnant way and now it's huge and in my way. This is my second pregnancy, and because the first one ended in stillbirth, and then I got pregnant again just six weeks later I kind of think that my body just "sprung" back to looking like I'm already at the start of my third trimester. I look so pregnant already, it's a little ridiculous. I even had to get out my belly belt the other day for back support. I really do feel like I look like I'm already starting my third trimester :wacko: First time around it took me ages to show at all, this time it's all so much sooner.

Minties, I always felt that way about gyms/driving/not happening too. But, after I'd played with some weights at home for a while, I felt like I needed more guidance. And my local gym offered an intro rate with a free personal trainer 2x a week. And I just totally got hooked on the whole experience. Plus, it's super close to my house. We'll see how well I keep it up this summer though. Sometimes, it's just nice to be outside instead.

Oh, I meant to add, Clandestine, Good luck with the promotion! That's lucky it works out so that they can't tell. :thumbup:

I was lucky I decided to announce it at work during week 13, because I definitely wouldn't be able to hide it now lol But I haven't had to modify too much of my workout, except that I'm already worried about balance issues so I stay off the elliptical and treadmills (always hated treadmills anyway) and I can't do a full crunch/sit up anymore. Also, I'm liking the machines better than free weights because I feel like the machines are safer on my joints at the moment. All this relaxin and my elbows hurt if I put any strain on them! So, I can do a 12 lb bicep curl, but if I try to lift milk out of the fridge with my arm extended out straight it hurts. So strange!

Hi girls :hugs:

Just a quick post.

As I am stuck with my DS2 at home due to his broken leg I am slowly going crazy. He is too heavy for me to carry him around, yet he is too small to use crutches yet (will try again today).

Yesterday I gave into temptation and had a Chinese. BIG mistake. Wa sick and immediately threw up. Guess I am not used to stuff like that anymore.

I tried to do some yoga from youtube, but can't motivate myself. :dohh:

Weight is still the same - and I am very happy about it!

Tummy is pretty flat in the morning, but by the evening bloat gets me.

PS: learned that carbs are not my enemies :)

hi ladies

Wombat I hope your DS recovers speedily ...

I had my NT scan yesterday and all seems to be well just awaiting my bloods ...

I only gained 200g so happy and my doctor is happy too ... I have started eating more protein and fresh fruits and veggies ... still having carbs but not as much as before ...

hi ladies

Wombat I hope your DS recovers speedily ...

I had my NT scan yesterday and all seems to be well just awaiting my bloods ...

I only gained 200g so happy and my doctor is happy too ... I have started eating more protein and fresh fruits and veggies ... still having carbs but not as much as before ...

Hi Blessedbaby. DS is ok most of the time, but nights are hard...

I am waiting for my bloods too, but sonographer said all looks well with the baby.
I have my docs appointment on the 14th. Can't wait to hear/see baby again. Since a few days, most of the symptoms are gone, except peeing, so I don't even feel pregnant.

Well done for not gaining almost any weight. 200 grams is nothing! My weight goes +\- 1 kg. But always goes to my pre pregnancy weight of 78kgs.

Don't know if I'll be able to keep it stable for long now :shrug:

Still am eating mostly carbs... Don't really feel like protein...

I cant wait to feel like a pregnant goddess LOL ... gosh I told my colleague the other day where I just feel super beautiful and feel like dressing up coz right now I have 0 energy to even match anything ...

good luck with your appointment and Im glad your son is doing better

Wombat, sorry to hear you're going stir crazy! I hope little one recovers quickly so you can get back out of the house again. Are they going to be able to put a boot on him so he can be more mobile? Sucks he is too little for crutches. Poor little guy!

Blessed, I'm glad to hear things are going so well for you! WTG only gaining so little thus far. I go up and down that much just by holding my breath when I step on the scale! ;)

In my last post, I was thinking afterwards that maybe I was exaggerating how huge I was, or maybe I just felt giant. But, I met a woman who is 24 weeks, and at 16 weeks I really was as big (if not slightly bigger) in the belly than her. I wonder if it's all the extra fat I have? LOL but at least it's making a nice round pregnant belly shape so I won't complain!

It's weird though, last pregnancy I was just a little chubby and it took forever for my pregnancy belly to show. This time, I started out just the wrong side of "obese" and my belly has come in so early. But, I hope I don't seem like I'm complaining - I'm really very grateful! Just, confused.

I have aqua spin class today! I'm super excited for it. I hope it's all that I want it to be. I'm a little worried I won't be able to make it through the whole hour of class. I've noticed I'm slowing down a lot already. The 30min walking loop I've been doing now takes me 45 min!

As per Clandestine's question to me, I'm curious how other people are modifying their routine as the progress?

I've been told all pregnancies show earlier than the first. I'm still just fat, though my positive self esteem mantra is "I am a maker of people!"

Thankfully only modification is I stopped doing jumping jacks, no one told me to, I'm just paranoid for no reason. Everything else still going well and still at no weight change, though Hubster is down two pounds.

Oh and I have ZERO pm energy, so I've gone from a preference for morning workouts to either I do it in the morning or I skip it. Haven't missed any resistance workouts so far and still do a minimum of a mile with the dog in the morning. I think so far, so good!

I'd heard later pregnancies showed more than first ones, but I still wasn't prepared for how much earlier!

That's a good mantra Clandestine :) And, congrats on maintaining the same weight! That means, you, yourself, have actually lost some if you count that baby is getting bigger :flow:

I'm sort of the opposite, it's when I try to do anything too early in the morning, I feel awful. If I wait, and get up slowly, and have a peaceful morning, I can do all sorts of things by afternoon. But I'm worthless in the morning. I never was a morning person, now it's ten times worse.

Aqua spin class was great! I signed up for five more classes. The instructor is so sarcastic and funny, the time just flew by. I didn't feel like I was exerting myself very much, but when I got out of the pool I noticed my face was flushed so I guess I did get a pretty good workout. I liked that I could really push myself without having to worry about overheating.

I know what you mean about the weight shifting! For normal weight ladies, first tri should be 2-5 pound gain, so I've "lost" that much so far! I just want to be healthy and do this as well as possible and recovery as quickly as possible with as little loss of progress as I can.

I wasn't always a morning person, but I've trained myself for several years before now. I just have to stay on top of my schedule, otherwise I quickly revert to being a night owl!

Hi ladies :)

Uni - well done for going to the spin class. I still can't do any sports (can't fit in between looking after kids and work). DS2 is still with his case, DS1 got home some sort of a virus from school, now they both have it. :( Agrrrr. I am so looking forward when the cast will be off. It is a pain. Takes a long time to heal. DS2 wakes up most of the nights and I didn't have a full night's sleep for ages now (also with me waking up to pee). So I am pretty exhausted...

Clandestine - you are doing a great job! Well done! I am sure, that after giving birth you will get back to your fitness regime in no time.
As for morning or evening person - I am when I got enough sleep person :dohh: LOL I guess for me this is a good training for the sleepless baby feeding nights :dohh::sleep:

I have put on one kg in the last 2 weeks from my pre-pregnancy weight... Probably was about time. I have not changed my eating routine, just that I don't sleep... But I have read somewhere that the lack of sleep might affect your weightloss.
Also, my tummy popped out, so guess baby is also growing. Am having my doc appointment and ultrasound today.
On the whole the mood is - I just want a good night sleep and a relaxing day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->