• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Any plus size ladies looking to minimise weight gain?

I will type more later but wanted to say pineapple and broccoli on pizza sounds divine!

Girls, I am jealous you have power to work out.

Yesterday went on a brisk walk on the beach and realized how out of shape I am :dohh:

But felt good afterwards. Decided with OH that will go for a 30 minutes walk every day. I think it will be a good start :)

Clandestine - congrats on no weight gain so far! Well done!

Uni Tsi - I can not stomach anything NON vegan right now! Have no idea why... I eat a lot of bread and fruits and cucumber and tomatoes.
Thats about it...
Can' t even think of any meat! Even eggs make me gag.

And, I decided not to fight myself anymore on my appetite. Today is one of those days when I just can't stop eating! Its mostly fruits, but still...

I am SO looking forward the moment I can eat a nice steak!

Hello ladies!

Clandestine, that's amazing!

Wombat, I'm the same, when my hungry switch gets flipped I'll eat whatever is easy and close by. I'm still craving carbs a lot too :dohh:

Every week I give myself a talking too and say OK, this week I need to buck my ideas up and then something happens or we go out for dinner and I blow it. I probably need to weigh myself and see what the damage is.

Hi everyone! Sounds like we are all doing well for the most part. I am very proud of us all.

I'm just checking in to keep accountability. I was 87kg when I got my BFP, 84.1kg at 6 weeks when I met my midwife (changed since then to a nicer one), 86.7kg at 13+4, today 83.9kg at 19+1 (think my ticker is ahead by 1 day).

I am eating so much better than with my other kids and way more active so feeling good about things.

The baby is SO active and it's so much easier to feel with less belly fat!

Honestly, that's amazing, I hope you are really proud of yourself :hugs:

Can I join you ladies? I am 7 weeks pregnant and weigh 84.5kg and am 5'3" tall. The midwife reckons that makes my bmi 34.5 but when I put it into the nhs calculator I make 32.4. I reckon I was slouching when they measured my height!

Either way I want to lose about 10kg during this pregnancy. I used to be very active but after having my second son who is severely disabled, I let things slip. Now I'm making much more effort as he is at school and much more medically stable. So hour long dog walks every day alongside decorating and gardening should help those kg disappear.

Can I join you ladies? I am 7 weeks pregnant and weigh 84.5kg and am 5'3" tall. The midwife reckons that makes my bmi 34.5 but when I put it into the nhs calculator I make 32.4. I reckon I was slouching when they measured my height!

Either way I want to lose about 10kg during this pregnancy. I used to be very active but after having my second son who is severely disabled, I let things slip. Now I'm making much more effort as he is at school and much more medically stable. So hour long dog walks every day alongside decorating and gardening should help those kg disappear.

jessr - welcome :) Looks like we have about the same amount to loose. I also want to loose 10 kgs.

So, finally, today I am feeling a bit better ( I am 10 weeks) and managed to eat something which does not involve bread :D

Had some grilled meat at lunch and now made a huge bowl of veggie soup with turkey (should last a few days). Mostly different kinds of cabbage, turkey, carrots, celery, bouillion cubes, tomatoes and added just a bit of potatoes (to keep with carb less transition).
I recon, there are not too many calories at all.

Also decided on a reasonable eating plan:

Morning: 2 slices of bread, tea, veggies (when I can stomach eggs and cottage cheese again, will have those)
Lunch: salad with some lean protein or grilled fish or grilled meat.
Dinner: Soup
Snacks: fresh veggies, fruits.

Cheating snacks: wholegrain biscuits, dark chocolate (good thing I rarely crave those)

If feeling hungry during the day will have more soup.

Also, daily 30 minutes walk.

Hi can I join? With my last pregnancy I was 7lb lighter at 39 weeks and 2stine lighter when left hospital. This time my bmi is 31 and I've lost 2.5kg since being weighed at 4 weeks (I'm ten weeks now) I'm hoping it'll be easier in 2nd trimester as the nausea just makes me crave rubbish. Xx

Hi can I join? With my last pregnancy I was 7lb lighter at 39 weeks and 2stine lighter when left hospital. This time my bmi is 31 and I've lost 2.5kg since being weighed at 4 weeks (I'm ten weeks now) I'm hoping it'll be easier in 2nd trimester as the nausea just makes me crave rubbish. Xx

Dani - welcome :)

What was your diet like in the last pregnancy? Please share :D

Welcome Jess and Dani!

I don't have anything new to report regarding my progress, I'm just in a great mood today and wanted to say HI!

One thing I've decided to try to keep in mind is that if I just maintain weight throughout the pregnancy, that's actually the same as losing weight because the baby weighs something so I'd technically weigh less even if the scale stays the same. I started this pregnancy with a BMI of 33.5 and my OB said my goal should be to only gain 10 lbs, which would be just the baby. I have lost 7 lbs in the first trimester, but not from dieting, just from being active and getting my blood sugar under control. One thing I've found helpful is that I don't count calories, I just count carbs. I think this would make a difference even if I weren't dealing with GD. I actually increased my protein and healthy fats a little and that really helps me stay feeling full for a long time after I eat. I think it is to be expected we'd gain some weight in the second and third trimester? I just don't want anyone (me) to be too hard on themselves for gaining a little weight in the second and third trimesters, because that's what's supposed to happen.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day! For me, spring can't come soon enough! I always find it so much easier to be active when the sun is shining and there's a nice warm breeze :flower:

edit - rereading, I think Dani has actually found the magic formula lol So, we should probably listen to her and not me :haha:

Hi. I'm 5'11 and 103kg (down from 105.5). Last pregnancy I gained loads in first 17 weeks approx 10kg I think. I did nothing and ate everything. Something just clicked and I just made sure I ate as clean as possible, lots of lean protein, veg and wholewheat rice, pasta etc. I didn't deprive myself and just cut out processed. I stayed off refined sugar and for the most part processed food too but it had crept back in so I'm just minimising it again. It seems to be working. Although lightrr I look bigger. First trimester bloat has got me. You ladies are doing amazing such an inspiration xx

Soooo bloated here. Jogging intervals increased though, doing 4 minute walks, 6 minute jogs. I also got OK to keep up my heavy weightlifting, also told squats, lunges, ab workouts all OK too! I am still tired, I read the fatigue should improve by the end of first tri, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that. Still working out, but feels a little harder every day!

Clandestine, I was wondering about ab workouts today. Just from a practical standpoint, I was wondering how much longer I could do crunches before my belly will be in the way. I'm trying to figure out what I could switch to afterwards. I'm thinking maybe planks... do you have any ideas?

Dani I admire you for cutting out refined sugar. No matter how good I am with other things, that always is my downfall. I gave up trying to cut it out completely and now I just focus on trying to limit my intake.

I almost didn't make it to the gym today because I felt so tired. But after I posted here, I thought "well I really should" Just being on this thread is helping me! <3

I do not get stones or pounds (just read back a couple of pages) at all! Being from New Zealand I seem to spend a lot of time converting all sorts of measurements and get tired of it, so I'll stick with kilos on here if that is ok. My mum told me she gained 3 stone when pregnant with me and I was like, er, what? When I converted it I was amazed she packed on so much, she's a tiny person, maybe 85lbs.

I have stopped low carb, we just can finance it right now. I need to be able to eat cheap stuff like porridge (oats) and bread etc. So I am 86kg now, which I think is still about what I was prepregnancy anyway. I look a lot fatter in the face though and not feeling that good.

Walking is starting to hurt in the belly and back which sucks as it's my main form of exercise! I am doing some weight lifting too but find it gives me the mad hungries.

Well done everyone for posting in here and for all your hard work!

I have my anatomy scan this Friday, I've never had one so late in pregnancy but they were all booked out when I called.

I try for the most part but things do slip in especially if I go out for dinner &#128514;.
I'll be happy this time if I don't gain anything.

Wow your exercise regime is amazing for first trimester. I'm in bed for like 6pm lol and everything is a huge chore x

Uni/Clande/Minties - girls, that you even MANAGE to get to the gym is AMAZING!

I decided I am not going to even try for now buying a pass, as I know it will be a waste of time.

I DID go for a 30 minutes walk last night and am planning on doing again so tonight. OH is SUPER supportive.

Minties, don't worry about the weight. You have done great not putting anything on until now!
As for the diet: yesterday I made a HUGE bowl of low calorie soup, mostly cabbage, carrots, celery and some turkey and tomatoes and 2 potatoes. And it cost me 10 EUROS (about 15? USA$). Maybe try filling up on soup with some lean meat?

Uni, well done for loosing 7lbs this trimester! Its amazing.
I just weighed myself this morning, and I am up 600 grams (1 pound?)
But, hopefully my new eating plan and walking will stop that.

Dani, I also am ready to go to bed at 6pm. I go to sleep earlier that my older kids do!:dohh:

Also, girls.... Anyone else feels they look horrid?? There is a supersticion, that baby girls "suck out" the beauty of mummies. So I have a strong feeling it's a girl.

My skin looks horrid - dull, grayish. Same with hair. Also, they get oily sooo quickly! And, sorry for TMI, but my ass is covered in pimples (well, there are even pimples on my face :dohh::dohh::nope::nope::nope:).
I have never felt so unnatractive as I do now :(
OH is amazing though and must really love me, as he says constantly I have never looked prettier :dohh: Well, I DID! And it ain't now:dohh:

Where is that damn glow??? :cry:

Wombat, I know the term "LOL" gets thrown around a lot on the internet, but reading your TMI really did make me laugh out loud. Your clever use of emoji really brought home the point you were making :) It must be so frustrating! When was your profile picture taken? You look great! You have amazing hair! I'm impressed you have the energy to worry about your appearance ... my hair gets super frizzy when I'm pregnant and I look like a huge poof ball, but I can't be bothered to care. I can only imagine what I look like to other people lol

Minties, I got the belly pain while walking really badly last pregnancy, and I had to buy a pregnancy belt for support. It made a huge difference. They aren't too expensive, at least not the one I bought, and it was a real lifesaver!

I don't eat expensive low carb stuff, more I just count what the carbs are. Oats are great because they're whole grain, as long as it's not the instant kind. Anything that has fiber, you can subtract the fiber from the carbs so the net carbs are lower. I love oats! <3

Oh my I wish I found this group sooner! I was classed as "overweight" before pregnancy so of course I wanted to keep my gain to a minimum. I am now nearly 25 weeks and I have gained 11 lbs. I am not loving it but I am still on track to gain no more than 25lbs as per the doctors request.

I don't know how you ladies manage to go to the gym let alone any activity. However I work a fairly active job (standing 6hrs or more some days). I have started tracking my calories to try and slow any more weight gain but man its hard. I eat less and gain more....

I am 5'2 168 lbs. Just above 30 BMI. I had lost 25 lbs since August 2015 and have still been eating right and going to the gym about 5 days a week. I just recently found out I was pregnant but have still been going to the gym, just nothing vigorous. Trying to eat healthy but all I seem to want are carbs. So I'm allowing myself (good) carbs, just trying to stay within a healthy calorie range. I guess my days of weight loss are over for now. I'm just hoping not to gain too much after all of my hard work!

Uni :hugs: :blush:

Well, let's say photo was taken WELL pre-pregnancy :D And, I am enthusiast photographer, so I know how to take a good picture of myself.:blush:

And, shhhh, those are extensions. Now I have a short bob and been too lazy to color my hair lately, so the color can be described as an unwashed sandy brown :cry: Must make an effort to look better:dohh:

I guess, as any woman, I can look great (when am well rested and made up, as on the pic) and also can look completely unattractive...
At the moment it's the latter :blush:

Also, it doesn't help, that my boobs went from DD to F*ing cup! Meaning none of my non stretchy top fit. Ad, all the dresses I have, which ARE stretchy, meant for a flat tummy (and my bump just started to appear). Which is not a good choice when we are still hiding pregnancy from people.
Jeans are a no no too - I just don't feel comfy in them anymore.

So, at the moment, the choice of clothing is strechy pants/leggings, oversized sweaters/shirts (which basically make me look like my OH's mother. And she is in her 70s:dohh:)
Am actually looking forward to when my bump is bigger and we don't have to hide it from others, then I'll be able to wear tight fitting stretchy dresses again.

Sorry for a moan..... It just took me ages to get happy with my appearance after I had my youngest... And now I am not happy again :nope:

To change the topic! CABBAGE! My new secret friend! I decided, in order to limit calorie intake, to try to eat raw cabbage salad! And it is great! Fills me up. Apparently is super healthy. Ad costs next to nothing:

1 cup raw cabbage, diced
1 tomato diced
1/2 cucumber diced
Dill
Lemon
Salt
A bit of olive oil

You can eat a HUGE bowl without worrying about calories! And it is super yummy too!

Morgan, Cassandra - welcome :D

I had a HUGE desire for carbs, but in the last couple of days it is getting under control. I am 10 weeks now.

And I also don't know how girls manage to get their bumps to the gym.

The only form of excercise I am willing to do is sex :blush:

PS: MUST GO FOR THAT WALK :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"