Any Scottish April 2013 babies out there??

You might find that Alex takes the dummy better once he's more into taking the bottle.

Ok. Cant do next week but after that, Mondays are best for me too. :) xx

Either is fine for me but f&b would be my 1st choice since i know where it is.

F&Bs is fine but I just realised the date. Our anniversary is the first and since ryan's days off are Sunday and Monday, I better check its ok to make plans that day. We have no plans that I know of bit I'll check with ryan first. :)

Lol. I doubt it. I hope so though lol! I forgot to ask him. I'll txt him now :)

Lewis had 2 days of good sleeping and now he's getting bad again. He woke at 5 the first night, 4 the 2nd night and 3 last night. Bet its 2 tonight! Lol

I just remembered I'm booked into a baby class thing on the 2nd. If we met in the afternoon it would probs be fine though.

Alex slept so well last night that I went in to check on him at 3am and woke him up by accident :dohh: He went down at 8 and I hadn't heard a peep out of him, then I woke at 2 with really bad engorgement and couldn't sleep so I thought I'd go downstairs and pump a little and popped my head into his room when I was passing and the light woke him lol! He went back down again until half 7 after a wee 4oz :happydance: He had 6oz when he woke, then some breakfast, then another 6 oz at half 10 and he's been sleeping ever since!

Stephen and I made a tough decision regarding his feeding last night and I'm feeling pretty cut up about it. Alex was having the Neocate mixed with BM but was bringing bits up. I thought it was him learning to tolerate the Neocate but I forgot to pack some when I went out last night and gave him some expressed BM and he threw it right back up. When we got home I didn't have any bm expressed so gave him straight Neocate and he was like a different baby. He got milk drunk for the first time ever and slept until I woke him up! So when Stephen got him from work at half 9 we talked about it and decided to take him off the bm completely. It's obviously causing him more harm than good and it's important that Alex isn't exposed to any allergens if he has any chance of overcoming his allergies. I am pretty devastated. I am so going to miss bfing him. I loved that my body had grown every tiny wee inch of him and it's so hard to give that up. I'm so engorged too and I have to keep pumping a wee ounce off here and there to manage and pouring it down the sink is horrible. They say breast is best but in my case it clearly isn't and it's bloody hard to handle! I'm so glad I have you guys to talk to lol, I think I'd be rocking in the corner if I didn't! :wacko:

Aww Laura, you've done amazing with him so far!! You should be so proud of yourself!!! I know it's hard to give it up but if it's what's best for Alex. You've given him everything xx

He's been off bm for 18 hours and already he has a cold :dohh:

Isn't stopping him jumping around in his Jumperoo though! Or maybe I should call that Jumper-poo going by the smell coming from his direction. Better get him out before it's in his hair again!!

Emma, what time in the afternoon?

Laura, thats great that Alex is taking the Neocate. Please dont give yourself a hard time you have done an amazing job coping with all the difficulties thrown your way. You are a fabbie mummy always putting Alex needs first. Hope you have been enjoying some of the foods that you have been avoiding over the last few months. :hugs:

He doesn't like the Neocate and goes mental because he can't get the boob every feed. I'm having to give him the Neocate in 4oz goes because it only lasts an hour before it needs to be thrown out and it takes him that long to take the 4oz. I'm worried he's going to lose weight because he's only had about 15oz today and yesterday :( I guess he will get used to it and he needs to because it's good for him. Apart from having a stuffy nose he's never been better. His skin is clearing up too.

My boobs are fecking sore!! Ouchie! I'm trying not to express too much but I have massive blocked ducts and I don't want to get mastitis so I'm having to express those clear which is taking 3 or 4 oz from each boob every time. It's so uncomfy, I can't sleep :(

I've been eating some of the foods I wasn't allowed but haven't been going daft just incase I need to give Alex milk again. I did have Dominos for dinner though at my sisters house :) It's also nice to be able to try my own cakes! Relying on Stephen to tell me they taste ok was always a pain lol.

Probably about 2ish Karen.

Aw laura. I totally understand you being upset about giving up bf but honestly, don't beat yourself up about it. Like the girls said, you've done amazing to get alex this far! You should be really proud of yourself! You've coped amazingly with all thats been thrown at you and mostly left to your own devices too. I take my hat off to you, I really do.

I suppose its a big change for both of you but Alex is taking the milk so maybe it will just be an acquired taste and he will grow to like it.

Since I never fed Lewis at all last night I feel your pain with the engorgement! Its agony! Between that and lewis' screams every time he woke and had to wait to be fed, I didn't get much sleep at all. Ryan was so excited to have a turn feeding him but after last night I don't think any of us will be in a hurry to do it again! We are both exhausted!

Lewis only took 100mls then 90mls when Ryan fed him and the second time he spent more time chatting than feeding. I'm thinking he probably wasnt even hungry at the 2nd feed.

Btw, I had about 7 units of alcohol last night between 8-12. Do you think I can feed him myself at his next feed at 10 or should I give EBM?

I think the rule is pump and dump for at least 24 hours after the last drink. Did you have a good time? I think 7 units would have me on my arse :haha:

I read up on it. The drink aware website says 2-3 hours per unit. Don't have enough milk to do that though :-/ I'll just need to feed him myself at 2ish and hope for the best Im guessing that since I'm not hungover my body has dealt with most of it already. I hope anyway lol. My cousin told me she fed her son after a heavy night when she got home and he slept for 19 hours! Yikes!

I had a lovely time but it was very uncomfortable. Plus, I knew I had to get up with lewis so I couldn't get right into it as I knew I'd regret it. Lol. I was ok after all my drinks. I thought I'd be on the floor! I drank slowly though and heavily diluted everything. And I ate loads at the buffet lol

I remember how sore my boobs were when I stopped BF Kaiden. Ouchie! Would some cabbage leaves help?

Emma I read somewhere or was told that if you are ok to drive you are ok to BF. The booze leaves BM like it does your blood...however that is :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->