Any Scottish April 2013 babies out there??

Well a friend suggested giving James a dream fees to see if that'd help him sleep better as he's sleeping solid from about 9-1, then is really restless and I have to keep getting up to give him his dummy til about 5 or 6 when I usually pull him into bed with me. Gave him the extra feed and all it's done is move the restlessness forward to 5am!! I pulled him into bed and was getting a bit ratty cos he was still losing the dummy so John has taken him downstairs.

Now i'm lying in bed in tears cos I just can't get him to resettle and I don't know why!!! I don't know what's wrong with me that I just can't get it to work no matter what I do. The friend that suggested it, her lg slept through with a dream feed from 7 weeks. I know not all babies are the same but I just don't know what else to do!! Xx

I think you are being way too hard on yourself pal :( 7 weeks sleeping through is ridiculous and totally not normal! James is totally normal, babies aren't supposed to sleep through until they can get all the nutrients they need during the day. If he settles with a dummy you can bet you are in for an easy time when he can find the dummy and pop it in himself. You've done brilliant to get him to settle with just a dummy. Alex won't go back to sleep unless you give him 7oz and rock him!

Is he in his own room? Is where he sleeps dark enough? Is he too warm or too cold? Once you've eliminated all that all you can do is persevere and wait until he's old enough to sleep through. It won't be long, I promise! Then you'll soon forget all the sleepless nights :)

bloody Hell there are a lot of Scottish people on this thread?! Im in Perth.

There's only 4 regular posters now lol. :) welcome xx

Arlene I think you're doing great with James. Getting him to settle with the dummy is really good. Lewis rarely does that! I was getting stressed that lewis wasnt sleeping well too but as soon as I relaxed and decided to follow lewis' lead, things got much easier. If you're managing to settle him without feeds, thats awesome. I wouldn't think of it as anything you are doing or not doing, but more what james is capable of right now. If its not too light, noisy, hot or cold in his room and he isnt hungry, maybe he's just looking for you to comfort him. If hes used to coming in with you, he will probably want that. Who wouldnt want a cosy ciddle with mummy! :)

Don't worry about it though, James is a happy, healthly little guy who will sleep through when he is ready too. :)

Thanks girls. He does settle with the dummy but when he wakes up he wriggles so much it falls out and I keep having to get up. He's still in our room at the foot of the bed cos there's not much room at my side of the bed (fitted wardrobes) but I'll try it tonight. I'm going to try the dream feed again and see if it helps any. Our room is always really warm according to his monitor so I'll try him in a vest rather than a sleepsuit cos he likes being tucked in with blankets.

I was just so tired and frustrated this morning! Couldn't get back to sleep either so I'm beginning to feel it now!

Oh, could someone send me a token on Candy Crush please? Lol xx

Alex started sleeping better when he was moved to his own room. I hate it because it feels terrible having him alone in there but I feel like that about Shaun too and he's 8!

Little moomin, we are a April 2013 baby thread so have been here a while :) think you may be looking for a 2014 thread? If there isn't one, definitely start one because these girls have kept me sane :)

Was James any better arlene? I have to say lewis was way better at sleeping and settling as soon as he got moved into his own room! I sleep much better too since I cant hear his every move!

You girls and this forum have kept me sane too. It's mad. I thought I'd get some support through it when I set it up but I didnt expect to make friends and for all of you to become a lifeline and online agony aunts lok. :) Thanks girls! Xx

He was yeah, john and I swapped as there's more space for the moses basket on his side, so I was able to sleep with my hand in the basket to keep his dummy in! Lol. He has a cough just now which I think is maybe hurting his wee ribs and it's worse at night and after naps cos he's lying down. We both got a decent sleep though.

You guys have kept me sane too! Especially with stuff I haven't been able to say to John or don't want to! Lol. I have other mummy friends but sometimes it's good to talk to people who don't know my family so well! Xx

Can't believe I'm actually going to complain about this, but its nearly 11 o'clock and lewis is still sleeping! He woke at 5 and 7 for a feed then at 9, I pulled him into bed with us to feed him and get up. He just fed and fell back asleep. Lol. Its awesome. But I have things to do! Lol x

Thats the table booked for 12 tomorrow at F&Bs. Under Lamb.

Soo excited to see you girls, and boys, tomorrow. :happydance:

Dylan's sleeping hasn't been very good the last few nights. Hope tonight is better. He likes to fall asleep on the walk to nursery in the morning and for walking duke home, then wakes up as soon as we get home. Then he usually falls asleep just as i need to get ready to go collect kaiden and because we then normally spend forever in the park he will wake while we are still out. I never get any peace :haha:

You girls have really helped me at times too. Sometimes forget that this is not private though :dohh:

Lol me too! It's only when you see that other folk are viewing that you realise.

Not looking forward to the 2 hours of driving but def looking forward to seeing you guys and your wee handsome chaps!

Hello Ladies,

Complete fluke, I just noticed this group and thought I'd have a nosey, being Scottish too. Me and quite a few friends meet every Wednesday at either F&Bs or a cafe down the town, depending on how sweet a tooth we have that day!

Are you all fairly local?

What a small world abigailly. Will you be at F&B today? I live just north of perth.

Laura I am not looking forward to the 2 hour drive either but it will be worth it.

I'm not going to make it today. We get Stephens mot thing back and it's going to cost £250. The coil springs are needing replaced. The tax was up at the end of August too and that's another £120 :( The car is only 4 years old. We weren't expecting that but it means we really need to tighten our belts now as £370 is about all we have so I can't afford the trip right now :( I'm devastated. I never spend money on myself and I was so lookin forward to coming today :( I want to scream!

We won't be there today, no. Today we're going to the ice cream shop. Who needs real food when there's the best ice cream about!

Hopw you ladies all have a good day.

I'm in Fife, just outside Dunfermline.

Hope you enjoyed your ice cream.

How is everyone? It is sooo cold here today :-(

Emma, how are the wedding plans coming along? Anyone doing anything at the weekend? Dave will be working one day and playing the other so not sure what me and the boys will do. :shrug: it won't be making cakes anyway as me and Kaiden made 24 cupcakes yesterday :haha:

Lol we just had a brilliant wee nap on the couch, Stephen, Alex and I :) Alex woke us all up after an hour and a half otherwise I'd still be making z's :)

I'm still trying to decide whether to let Stephens mum have Alex tomorrow night or not. I'd prefer to not have him away but we do need to get the hall sorted for the decorator coming and Stephen insists we need some time together before we end up divorced lol. He's got a point but its so much harder than it was with Shaun. For one, I trust Stephens mum a whole lot less than I did Shaun's gran.

Cupcakes ugh!! Lol. Don't think I'll ever eat another cupcake :haha: it's lovely making them with the kids but we are all sick of them now :)

Got my first wedding cake consultation booked :)

I am so jel of your nap. Kaiden rarely has a nap during the day but conked out on the sofa this avo but i could not get mr dylan to sleep.

Could you compromise and let her have Alex for the afternoon evening? What is Stephen wanting to do?.......or maybe that is a silly question :rofl:

Wedding cake! Brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->