Any September 2013 babies?

evansangel hope all is ok

vietmamsie how many weeks are you i had a scan at 5+2 and you could only just see gestational sac x

I've got an emergency doctors appointment at 16:20. The cramping I felt a few days ago on the right side of my uterus is still there but it's a sharp stabbing pain now, I feel sick and dizzy.
I called EPU, but they won't see me until I have seen a GP first.

Evansangel, hope that all is ok! Keeping my fingers crossed and please keep us updated.

Ok, so I went to my appointment today and it was really awful. First off, I'm seeing a different doctor and she was strange and hard to understand. She was really weirded out that I knew when I Ovulated and thought it was bazaar that I temp. She was really rude when I laughed telling her I had already taken about 30 urine tests. She told me that you only need to take one to find out if your pregnant or not. And looked at me like I was crazy for taking so many (maybe I am?)

I brushed it the whole bad vibe I got from her as her English just not being so great, but then it got worse when we did the ultrasound. Basically she couldn't find ANYTHING. I know it's really early, So i wasn't that surprised, but she basically accused me never getting a positive test in the first place. She actually said to me, "you know there has to be two lines for it to be positive, was there one or two lines?" She told me I wasn't pregnant, then I said maybe it was just too early to tell at 4 weeks. She then said that I was actually 6 weeks and since there was nothing there I wasn't pregnant. Even though she had all my dates, she didn't bother to do the simple math that I am only 4 weeks along. It was all really strange and weird and uncomfortable. She agreed to do the Beta blood work and said she would call me tomorrow with the results. I immediately asked if we could schedule blood work for monday and she said that we would have to wait to see what the results are.. basically she doesn't believe me that I'm pregnant.

I don't really know what to day, I'm sort of speechless after the whole thing. This is the top maternity hospital in our city and I was so surprised about the service. My husband said that once we know whats what we can have a look around at other hospitals or I can go back to the head doctor of the hospital (he treated me after my miscarriage and while about 5 times the price as a local doctor, he's about 100 times better)

Sorry for the rant, but just had to get it all off my chest. Who knows if I'm pregnant or not at this point, my own doctor doesn't believe me. I can't wait to get my bloods back tomorrow and prove her wrong. From what I've read on line, its totally normal to not see anything at 4+4, so I'm really hoping that everything is ok in there and my little tadpole is just a slow grower.

Thanks to anyone who made it through this novel.

Vietmamsie, I cannot believe that OB!! Completely unacceptable...I agree that it is time to look elsewhere. Hope your betas bring good news!

Ok, so I went to my appointment today and it was really awful. First off, I'm seeing a different doctor and she was strange and hard to understand. She was really weirded out that I knew when I Ovulated and thought it was bazaar that I temp. She was really rude when I laughed telling her I had already taken about 30 urine tests. She told me that you only need to take one to find out if your pregnant or not. And looked at me like I was crazy for taking so many (maybe I am?)

I brushed it the whole bad vibe I got from her as her English just not being so great, but then it got worse when we did the ultrasound. Basically she couldn't find ANYTHING. I know it's really early, So i wasn't that surprised, but she basically accused me never getting a positive test in the first place. She actually said to me, "you know there has to be two lines for it to be positive, was there one or two lines?" She told me I wasn't pregnant, then I said maybe it was just too early to tell at 4 weeks. She then said that I was actually 6 weeks and since there was nothing there I wasn't pregnant. Even though she had all my dates, she didn't bother to do the simple math that I am only 4 weeks along. It was all really strange and weird and uncomfortable. She agreed to do the Beta blood work and said she would call me tomorrow with the results. I immediately asked if we could schedule blood work for monday and she said that we would have to wait to see what the results are.. basically she doesn't believe me that I'm pregnant.

I don't really know what to day, I'm sort of speechless after the whole thing. This is the top maternity hospital in our city and I was so surprised about the service. My husband said that once we know whats what we can have a look around at other hospitals or I can go back to the head doctor of the hospital (he treated me after my miscarriage and while about 5 times the price as a local doctor, he's about 100 times better)

Sorry for the rant, but just had to get it all off my chest. Who knows if I'm pregnant or not at this point, my own doctor doesn't believe me. I can't wait to get my bloods back tomorrow and prove her wrong. From what I've read on line, its totally normal to not see anything at 4+4, so I'm really hoping that everything is ok in there and my little tadpole is just a slow grower.

Oh my gosh, I would be so mad! Change doctors! I hope your numbers come back outstanding tomorrow.

September 4 for me, but it might change due to irregular periods and wonky ovulation times after recovering from an ectopic. An ultrasound will be the judge! Might be a little further into the month.

September has always been the longest most boring month to me... If all goes well, it will end up being my favorite!

Vietmamsie, your doctor was very unprofessional and very rude to treat you that way! I myself have taken 8 hpt's and everyone at my fertility office thought that was adorable because they know it means I'm so happy and excited. I'm so sorry she had zero bedside manner and made you so uncomfortable. Good luck!!

I've got an emergency doctors appointment at 16:20. The cramping I felt a few days ago on the right side of my uterus is still there but it's a sharp stabbing pain now, I feel sick and dizzy.

Oh no! Hoping it turns out to be nothing at all! Good luck!!

I have my second beta today. I am really scared. I was stupid and took a frer this morning because I wanted to see if it got darker. Maybe I didn't wait long enough or something but it wasn't darker, it was lighter. Then driving to work this morning I coughed and felt a sharp pain. Then later while stretching I felt it again. Please tell me I am not going to loose this baby that took 6 years and a miracle to make. Am I just being crazy?

I read that those Frer's are so sensitive that if you don't pee on them just right and for only 5 seconds and don't put the cap back on at just the right angle...it can be wonky. Don't worry quite yet. AND don't let the hcg levels scare you, either. I just went through that, apparently for nothing (more on that later). We ladies don't always seem to follow the hcg "rules"!!

Oh my viet that doctor was truly shocking you must change if you can x I'm 4+4 weeks too x

Evansangel how was your appt?
Karenh did u get your numbers back?

Afm my symptoms are stepping up....I feel sick all day whether eating or not. Boobs are throbbing, very tired and weeing for england x taking it as good signs and not complaining as this pregnancy is very wanted x

I ovulated on Dec. 26th. Got my first bfp around 6-7dpo. My due date based off LMP is 9/20. The exact same due date I had with my youngest last year and she was born 8/29, this will be our 9th child. We have 2 :blue: ages 17 1/2 & 2 and 6 :pink: ages 16 1/2, 14 1/2, 13, 12, 15 months and 4 months. I am here cautiously as I have had a couple of miscarriages in my past. Heres to Happy & Healthy 280 days Ladies!!

Oh my viet that doctor was truly shocking you must change if you can x I'm 4+4 weeks too x

Evansangel how was your appt?
Karenh did u get your numbers back?

Afm my symptoms are stepping up....I feel sick all day whether eating or not. Boobs are throbbing, very tired and weeing for england x taking it as good signs and not complaining as this pregnancy is very wanted x

My appointment isn't until just over four hours from now. I don't know if I am going to make it. Thank you everyone for you advice and supports. I am feeling much better now and going to try and be patient and not a crazy person.

I have my second beta today. I am really scared. I was stupid and took a frer this morning because I wanted to see if it got darker. Maybe I didn't wait long enough or something but it wasn't darker, it was lighter. Then driving to work this morning I coughed and felt a sharp pain. Then later while stretching I felt it again. Please tell me I am not going to loose this baby that took 6 years and a miracle to make. Am I just being crazy?

I read that those Frer's are so sensitive that if you don't pee on them just right and for only 5 seconds and don't put the cap back on at just the right angle...it can be wonky. Don't worry quite yet. AND don't let the hcg levels scare you, either. I just went through that, apparently for nothing (more on that later). We ladies don't always seem to follow the hcg "rules"!!

Thank you! You are always such a big help. I enjoyed going through our infertility struggles together and am overjoyed to get to do our pregnancys now.

Got my fx for you, hope your beta comes back nice and high :hugs:

Good luck at your appointment today :hugs:

I am in shock right now that a physician would treat you that way... totally unprofessional! I agree with the other ladies, time to find a new OB. The bedside manner of this lady is ridiculous.
Hoping your beta comes back high tomorrow :hugs:

Hiya,
I had my appointment and GP referred me emergency gynaecology.
I'm here now waiting for a scan.

Will keep you updated x

Good luck evansangel. Off to bed now as it's pretty late here but hope to read good news in the morning xx

Evansangel and karenh, praying for you both!! I hope everything turns out alright. Positive vibes!!

AFM: I got my second beta done today, 48 hours after the last one and my numbers have more than tripled. They are still low 76.4, but are rising so I'm happy. I have a scan next Friday to determine how far along I am since I haven't had a period since November 6. Keep your fingers crossed this little nugget keeps growing!

Thank you all, am home now with a pizza hut on the way. All i have had today is a pot noodle and a bar of Galaxy :o

Anyway, all seems ok! Baby is in the right place. At first we could only see a gestational sac, makes sense because i am only 5+2.
He checked my ovaries (which are fine) and then he moved it slightly and BAM there was baby and a yolk sac.

No heartbeat just yet as i am early but they want me back in 10 days for another scan because they can't discharge me until they see a heartbeat.

Here is a photo i took on my phone..
https://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r484/KylieValentine/photo1_zpsc89355c4.jpg

Thank you all, am home now with a pizza hut on the way. All i have had today is a pot noodle and a bar of Galaxy :o

Anyway, all seems ok! Baby is in the right place. At first we could only see a gestational sac, makes sense because i am only 5+2.
He checked my ovaries (which are fine) and then he moved it slightly and BAM there was baby and a yolk sac.

No heartbeat just yet as i am early but they want me back in 10 days for another scan because they can't discharge me until they see a heartbeat.

Here is a photo i took on my phone..
https://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r484/KylieValentine/photo1_zpsc89355c4.jpg

That is wonderful! Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back