Any Soy Ladies out there?

I did the soy this cycle, cd3-6 160mg.

The only side effects I got at this higher dose are bloating & irritability, so not that bad really :)

I got my darkest +OPK today.. a respectable CD12 :)
I look set to ov tomorrow or tuesday, all systems GO GO GO!!! :sex:

Look how dark it is!!

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k240/DANIELLA77/IMG00139-20100822-756.jpg

Yay for + opk dan-o!

AFM Would anyone care to look at my chart? I had a huge temp drop this morning, and I was even drinking last night! Lowest its ever been. I had some spotting the last few days but nothing so far today and its noon. I was thinking maybe AF as going to show without me even Oing first. Should I take an opk this afternoon? Any chance anyone thinks it could be O? When I checked earlier my cervix was pretty high, to high to tell for sure but I thought it was kinda soft, but not open yet. And I have some watery cm.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e1470

Definitely could be O! I expected a HUGE drop! LOL Have you seen my chart? Now THAT is a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE drop! :haha:

YAY for positive OPK!! I am on my last day of soy CD5-9. This month I did CD1+2 120mgs, CD3+4 140mgs and I'm doing 160mgs tonight. Last month I O'ed exactly 7 days after my last pill. Hopefully it will be the same this month or a little sooner. Going to sprinkle plenty of :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: for all of us!

question------
would it make a big difference if i missed a day of soy or should i just do all 5 days?
i was going to do cd 1-5 but missed day 2 so should i take it to day 5 or 6?

Little update from me:
I'm on CD26 and am getting slightly stretchy EWCM (only 0.5cm or so this morning) so I'm thinking that might be a sign I'm about to O? I didn't get any EWCM until CD38 last month so it's looking like the increased soy is doing it's job.
I'm going to poas later to see what it says...but I'm considering arranging to insem tomorrow and the following 2 days just in case...ooooo I don't know! this is our first cycles and I'm all at 6s and 7s now lol

question------
would it make a big difference if i missed a day of soy or should i just do all 5 days?
i was going to do cd 1-5 but missed day 2 so should i take it to day 5 or 6?

Just do through 5. Its fine! :hugs:

Little update from me:
I'm on CD26 and am getting slightly stretchy EWCM (only 0.5cm or so this morning) so I'm thinking that might be a sign I'm about to O? I didn't get any EWCM until CD38 last month so it's looking like the increased soy is doing it's job.
I'm going to poas later to see what it says...but I'm considering arranging to insem tomorrow and the following 2 days just in case...ooooo I don't know! this is our first cycles and I'm all at 6s and 7s now lol

I'd definitely look at arranging the insem.. Anytime you start to see stretch... I'd just be on the safe side! :thumbup:

AFM... I feel like an impostor in here now! I'm not taking it anymore! I sort of miss being a "Soy Lady" for real! But, my chart seems to have confirmed ovulation! So, I can't complain too much!

Hi Ladies,

I felt compelled to post a message here regarding soy isoflavones and conception. It worked for me and I have a perfect baby boy as the result.
I'm hoping to encourage any of you who are trying this unorthodox method of conception to not give up and have faith.

I'm peri-menopausal and have been since I was 35. I had two children by the age of 30 and wanted one more. When we decided it was time to try, I couldn't conceive. This went on for FIVE years!! The desperation and heartbreak was so overwehlming sometimes that I would lose it and break down for days. The OPK's never, ever were positive...ever. I had AF, but she was irregular. I remember being in bed and begging God to take away the desire to have another baby. He didn't. It was a very hopeless time for me and the only people that understood were strangers online on various websites. Those women had the same pain I did and at least I knew I wasn't the only one. One website, soulcysters, were chattering about taking soy and conceiving. I read every single page regarding the procedure and the effects and success that some of them were having. I gave it a try. It worked.
The first month I took 90mg and nothing happened. The second month, same thing. I decided to up the dose and I took 180mg on days 5-9 (i think) and I got the first positive OPK! Unfortunately, I didn't conceive. I kept it up for two more months and finally I got a BFP. To say I was happy would be an understatement. I actually didn't believe it for a couple of days and I have the tests to prove it :) But it was real and it did work---I got my baby.
I used bio-identical progesterone cream ( I have major deficiency) from my +OPK until my first trimester was finished. I had no side effects from the soy except a small uterine fibroid that's gone now. Absolutely no complications during pregnancy either. It was wonderful and amazing that an over-the-counter supplement fixed my sorrow in five months. Please don't give up. Nothing helped me except soy isoflavones.
As you read this, keep in mind that I was a 40yr old with irregular periods for five years and an insane progesterone deficeincy. Lots of things going against me having another child, but he's here and he's a gift!! Born July 9, 2009

Hope this helps someone---I really do. xoxo

Congrats, Soy Happy! :hugs: I cried reading that! I also have a severe progesterone deficiency... How low was yours?

Hi just wondering if any of you experienced lower temps while taking soy?

I have taken it in hope it kick starts ov and my temps are noticebly lower and on a nice steady line (excuse the one I have discarded had a rubbish nights sleep)

Did any of you ladies notice this? I am hoping its a good thing! :thumbup:

It looks nice... but can I ask why you took it CD19-23? That's... odd... to say the least! LOL Very unconventional!

I haven't had my first af since I gave birth nearly 14 months ago.

I have read and seen it can kick start ov (im breastfeeding) as it lowers estrogen and helps to release an eggy :thumbup:

Oh! Wow! I didn't know! Very nice! Well, I wish you the best! The temps certainly look good! :hugs:

Wow, Soy Happy that is such a brilliant and encouraging post. Congratulations, I'm so glad you hung in there and got your dream.

I think I posted here about a month ago when I started my first cycle on Soy I took 100mg CD5-9 - I was really pleased that I managed to delay O by a couple of days. I had a great post O chart but alas it didn't amount to anything. For the first time in years I got AF pains on and off for about a week before she was due so I was surprised when she came that she was so light - but ho hum. So I'm now on CD7 and once again taking the soy at 100mg CD5-9 - Seeing if I can make it to CD14 for O!!! Had a major temp drop this morning though so did an emergency opk which was negative - Phew!

Good luck everyone. I see Prayerful Hope got her bfp - lets hope the rest of us follow suit. :hugs:

Aww... I hope this is it for you, Nise! You definitely deserve it! :hugs:

PrayerfulHope did get her BFP... but she wasn't on Soy anymore. She got it naturally against the opinions of many medical professionals! She was told it would never happen... and it totally did! I couldn't be happier for her! Her first post in her pregnancy journal made me cry! She's such a sweet, amazing person, and she so deserves her little Squishy!!! :cloud9:

Thanks Megg. I love it when somebody beats all the odds and proves the so called experts completely wrong. :hugs:

Thanks Megg. I love it when somebody beats all the odds and proves the so called experts completely wrong. :hugs:

Me too! :) Another girl I just adore sort of had a similar "against the odds" story today too! After 5 losses all before 6 weeks/before seeing a heartbeat... and after heavy bleeding for a few days, she saw a heartbeat for the 1st time ever today! I'm definitely :cloud9: for the BnB girls today! Love this place! :happydance:

I meant to post in here earlier too... It seems I'm off Soy for good. I had my FS consult today, and we have a clear plan of action! I <3 him! :cloud9: If you're interested, you can read about it in my FS Recap! Link is to my journal post!

The short version is that we're probably going to start injectables and IUI very soon! He was really wonderful.... a lovely man, who has been through fertility treatment and got his degree because he hated the way people were treated by their doctors!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->