• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any Soy Ladies out there?

Having a bit of a down day today, nothing exceptional about it, we all do, but normally that happens as AF is about to arrive and first day, not 4 days later!

FB, I have been feeling exactly the same this month!
So much so I have given up OPK's charts.. everything, for this cycle!!
We are just gonna BD when we feel like it & I'll test in a few weeks, sod it.!
I've not even taken the soy this month either, as it makes me irritable & I was already terribly grouchy about hitting the 18 months TTC mark, so I guessed it wasn't a good idea!! :haha:

I'm on CD8 & feeling a bit more like myself now, how about you? :)

:hug:

FB- OMG I have just read your other post from this morning, are we living some sort of double life or something?
I could have written the same post myself!!!!!!

FB - I honestly didn't have much info on CLC's. So, I started reading. Uhm... I found one description saying that the "symptoms" would include a missed period and minor spotting. The others didn't mention many (if any) symptoms. If you have a history of them, your chances are higher anyway. I don't know that it can definitely be put down to soy either way, but I'm inclined to agree that you should give nature a shot for the moment. How early were you ovulating before? What dose of soy were you taking?

As far as the BFN due to my condition... I don't know that I have any condition. As time presses on, I am very wishy-washy on whether or not I even still believe I have it. I do exhibit some of the symptoms, but they are all very mild compared to the average person who actually suffers from the condition. So, I don't know if there is a "mild" form of it, or if its an "all or nothing" sort of thing. I have the written orders to get tested for the condition, but the test is a bit of a pain in the ass, which has led to me putting it off! LOL

I would be more willing to put the BFN down to drinking too much before bed and not holding my urine for long enough... that is, if it was't accurate. I'm very unsure of things right at this moment! :(

Mrs_N - Congrats!!! :hugs:

OMG!!!! Congrats Mrs N!!!!! Just saw you got :bfp: :yipee:

Sorry you got a BFN megg, what is going on? :hugs:

Looks like you are way past your usual LP!

Off to the docs for betas next maybe? xx

dan-o - I guess it's safe to assume you aren't in the U.S., yeah? Docs here don't really believe in doing "betas" or bloodwork in general. I was saying in another thread, asking for bloodwork is like asking them to remove their own kidney. They pretty much all but refuse it. Even begging generally ends in being shot down. The only way around that is paying for it out of pocket, and my doctors "don't trust the results" from testing they didn't order. It's shit here in the U.S.! :(

Thanks Megg for helping. I did read some kind of medical thread that said that you are more at risk of a CLC after taking clomid, so I assume that could be the case of soy too. I took 140mg so not that high. I used to ovulate anywhere between cd10 to cd12, managed one cd14 on AC last summer. I had what felt like a great ovulation at cd14 with soy, so was happy about that. Didn't mind so much the cd12, but was worried about the cd10, especially as this was the case when I fell pg and m/c at 6 weeks, so of course I wondered whether it was to do with bad quality egg. Unfortunately, I have already taken the soy for this cycle, so who knows what I can expect. Oh well, on the positive, OH is away until Thursday, so would have had no chance at all if I'd ov at cd10 :laugh:

As for your bfn, well, whether you have the condition or not, you did get a very light bfp for a number of weeks, so it is very possible that this is happening again (but this time not showing at all). In the end, the only thing that could cause a long LP without pregnancy IS a CLC, so unless you are experiencing the same thing than I, it HAS to be a stubborn pregnancy :Laugh: When do you think you will want to test again if the witch continues to stay away?

Dan-O, OMG, I can't believe you had a similar experience. ummm, starting to thing that there might be more to soy then we think, as for all treatments, doing some wonders for some and no so much for others. You made the right decision to stay away, I certainly will next cycle. Tons of pma for a stress free cycle :hugs:

Mrs N, that's brilliant news after all your troubles. Certainly does show that soy can do wonders for some. grrrr, why can't we know before starting!!! Wishing you a wonderful 9 months.

FB - PMA the reason you are feeling so shitty and grumpy now is cos you are going to get a valentines :bfp: and have a stress free MS free pregnancy. I am willing it to happen with all my (not sure what cos dont have a willy) but am willing it nonetheless. :hugs:

FB - I understand where your concerns were. Soy, much like EVERYTHING, is bound to work for some, do nothing for some, and cause confusion for some. I do believe that most treatments do work for MOST people, it just sucks to get caught in the "confusion" category. Hoping you O this cycle at a good time and catch the eggy, despite the soy! :hugs:

I'm beginning to wonder if my light BFP's last time were due to the fact that growth stopped at 5+2. My levels might well have never risen past the level of a 5 week pregnancy. There will never be any way to know the answer to that one. I don't know what I'm experiencing anymore. I hope it's a stubborn pregnancy. I hate that I keep reading about people who didn't get a BFP until they were 3.5 weeks late and whatnot. Gives hope to a possibly hopeless situation. Although, I've never been "normal" for one reason or another... Why start now, right? Planning to test again Wednesday if still no AF. That will be 21dpo. *sighs*

dan-o - I guess it's safe to assume you aren't in the U.S., yeah? Docs here don't really believe in doing "betas" or bloodwork in general. I was saying in another thread, asking for bloodwork is like asking them to remove their own kidney. They pretty much all but refuse it. Even begging generally ends in being shot down. The only way around that is paying for it out of pocket, and my doctors "don't trust the results" from testing they didn't order. It's shit here in the U.S.! :(

what megg, ure doc wont do bloods? thats crazy! my docs will do bloods for almost anything sometimes i have to ask for them but other times they tell me i have to get them done. bloods are really the only way to tell whats going on. ya it is pretty shit here though in the U.S.

I get that reaction a lot from California. Apparently CA docs are better! Its a shame I live in IL... I can't even just make a quick drive to get a good one! LOL No, our docs won't generally do bloods for a missed period unless you've missed two. And, I'm not much for begging, tbh. It makes me feel a bit pathetic! :( Plus, if I got shot down anyway, I would be even more angry that I lowered myself to beg.

hello everyone
Mog, countdown, two days, gosh the hours must feel long, I bet you can't wait to be meet your little mogster bean.
Megg, you really are a mystery. The fact is.... you are 21dpo confirmed by FF, so really, can't see any other explanation than pregnancy. It happens regularly that posters are confused because they are late but they don't chart and don't know for sure when they have ovulated. FF shows no confusion, and has no reasons to as your chart leave no doubt as to when you oved, so the bfp is bound do make an appearance soon.

As for me, Thank God, the moods are gone. I have never felt such an intense case of pms. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that it is linked to the soy. I am so relieved to be back to my normal self. Boobs are still not how they normally are during follicular phase, but not hurting so much. My temps are still high, .20-.30 above my normal coverline, so still confused, but, I think my ovaries are waking up, I am starting to feel the side twinges that I get before ov, so hopefully, it will happen despite the confusion.

FB - missed you! Sounding promising about the different feeling this month, maybe the soy is working? Im glad the mood is gone, it makes it harder when you dont feel like yourself and ttc is stressful enough on its own! Am feeling positive for you this month, am willing it to happen!

Excited about tomorrow but getting concerned as to whether OH will make it home in time....Im taking mogster with me and hoping he will either get home before we go or will meet us at the hospital before the scan, just found out the first part of the scan is just me and the sonographer - bit scared realy, surely they could come in and be really quiet??? Dont know as last time we had standard dating scan and OH was allowed in, this time its a nuchal and dont know why that means he cant come in til later - am assuming it means they have to focus on the measurements etc and then they let him in to have a looksie and we all get to coo and wave - i hope everything is ok...!

Have some friends going through IVF, they had the eggs harvested on Monday and were told the embryos would go back in today or Saturday and they have said today that it will be saturday now - dont know what that means but am staying positive as that must mean there are some gooduns to go back in?

My sister is about to start the journey of ttc, she took her last pill last week and is now waiting for AF to go then onwards and into the throes! She got married on 29/12 in New York so would be fab if they are lucky quickly, she has been on the pill almost 20 years though so she isnt getting her hopes up. I am as really want her to be a mummy as she is so great with mogster!

Im off as have beds to remake, stripped them all this morning in a burst of energy and now have to remake them so we can sleep in them tonight - its the one time I hate having a big bed! Kingsize duvets covers are pure evil when it comes to putting a duvet in them!!! :gun:

Keep me posted, hopefully have a pic to show you soon xxx

FB - You're telling me! LOL Glad to hear you're back to your normal self... Hopefully since you didn't want to take the soy this cycle it will have the decency of working since you did! LOL

Moggy - Can't wait to see ickle mogster! Yay! I'm sure all will be perfect!!!

ladies
need your advice-do you think it would be worth me taking soy? next cycle is my last before ivf would it harm the ivf process if i started now and my ivf isn't til march. do i take it day 3-7 or is that wrong. I have unexplained infertility and i do ov but i want to throw everything at my last natural attempt?
thanks x

silly me Mog, I had the date right, the 21st, but thought today was the 19th!!! Only one sleep then, yipee!

Glitter, my experience with it is that if you are ovulating I certainly wouldn't do it just before IVF in case it messes up your hormones, saying that it is definitely successful for many, so can see the temptation of trying for your last natural cycle.

Yes, Megg, if it does work and give me a nice ovulation again in a few days, I might change my mind; hey, if I get a bfp with it, I promise to praise it everywhere, even start a campaign to encourage everyone to try it :laugh2:

Hi ladies! I used soy again this cycle, i like it better than clomid. Holy crap i was a bitch on clomid, and hot flashes, and headaches, oh and I never got a +opk on clomid dangit!
Meggs are you pregnant again? 21 dpo!?

:rofl: @ Nessa! I don't know, honey! My test on Saturday was BFN. I'll try again in the morning. I don't know why else my temp would still be up... and I'm sorta feeling it today. Maybe?

FB - Hopefully it'll work out that way! Not just so you'll praise it, but so you'll have your bean! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->