• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any Soy Ladies out there?

Well I think we did it this time! May have a little soy bean in there! I posted pics in the gallery and I've a confirmation appointment in the morning.

I just saw! Excellent, sweetie! Very happy for you! :hugs: Congrats!

Wow congratulations michele, thats fantastic news. Was it your first month taking soy?

Thanks for the good wishes Leilani, hopefully taking the soy a bit later will do the trick. Im really unsure of what dose to take. Does it go by weight, im on the light side so don't want to take to much and over stimulate my ovaries as I do already ovulate but I think my little eggs need a helping hand lol!!

FBbaby I totally understand where your coming from, TTC can take over everything in a big way and often we get so deperate that we are willing to try anything to move things along, I am a prime example of that! Good luck to you, I hope you manage to get your special BFP soon, you often hear people say when they stop thinking about it as much they get their BFP. xx

Moggymay I believe I spoke to you a few months back before my hubby left for afgan, I see u have your BFP since then, congratulations hun thats fantastic, loving the scan picture. x

Nope, not based on weight, ewok! A soy dose is roughly 2x a Clomid dose for the same effect... So, 50mg of Clomid is 100mg of Soy. Most people are started on 50mg. It's quite difficult to overstimulate your ovaries on low doses... most OHSS is from injection meds... while it CAN happen, it's not likely and would take a significant dose. My soy came in 40mg pills, so I took 3 (120mg) to get as close to 100 as I could without being under. It worked A-OK for me! :)

thanks meg, sorry if that was a really silly question its just i have never been on clomid before and couldn't find anything about doses. My soy tabs are in 50's so think I will start of with 100mg and see how I go. Trying not to get my hopes up after a year of TTC but would how great would it be to have a valentines baby!

100 sounds like a good place to start since you do O already! :) I think that's smart! A V-day baby would be great! I hope you get it! I really do! They say it can take a year... that means you're due!

This was my 3rd round of soy but I also have high prolactin.

Hi ladies :hi:

Just wanted to let you know that I had some blood results back today and I was told that my thyroid test was borderline and that I would need to get it done again in a couple of months time as sometimes 'things' can unsettle the thyroid.

I did some research and one of the things that stood out to me was the link between soy and thyroid problems. I am generally a healthy person with a healthy diet. The thing is I have been taking 140mg of soy on days 3-7 for two cycles so I am concerned that this may be the cause of my result.

I dont show any other symptoms of having thyroid problems so could this be soy??

Just wanted to give you all the heads up on this so that you were aware. I wont be taking it anymore as a messed up thyroid is very bad news for future health problems and infertility!

Lou Lou xxx

Ugh... I had a whole response typed out and then my browser crashed. I hate that!

Zero - I was under the impression that one had to consume fairly large amounts of soy pretty regularly before it could effect the thyroid. However, since everyone is different and has the potential to react differently to any treatment, then I'm sure it's possible. I would think it might be more likely to have such an effect if you were closer to the borderline side of normal to begin with... but I'm not sure. I know that my thyroid has been checked since using it and everything came back normal. So, its likely that it's a pretty rare situation that those 5 days a month would be enough to effect most people's thyroid... but I'm sure that its entirely possible. I hope its something that just sort of clears up for you without the soy. :hugs:

I think this serves as another great reminder that natural treatments should still be heavily looked into before deciding they are right. I know that I went through several options and read TONS of information on each before deciding what was right for me.

Megg - I hate it when that happens (losing your reply):growlmad:!!

I did read that just 30mg a day can have a negative impact on thyroid function so I was thinking that maybe bombarding my body with 140 mg may have been enough to disrupt it - hopefully if it is the soy, it will be a temporary thing and as you say, a rare thing - just my luck it had a negative effect on me!

Btw - good luck for Friday. I'm very impressed with your patience. :thumbup: x

Yeah, definitely let us know how it works out for you!

Thanks! :) The patience to put off doing something you REALLY don't want to do isn't nearly as hard as when you want to do something. I'd prefer that I never had to test, so it's really quite easy! LOL

I'm not taking the soy again, it didn't agree with me!

I have over half a bottle of soy isoflavone caps (40mg) up for grabs if anyone wants them?

I'll post them to you today, just PM me :) (I'm in the UK)

Good point Dan-o! I also have 26 fully sealed capsules (35mg per cap). They were £18 for 60 so its a shame to waste them. PM me and I will be happy to send them. I am also in UK.

xx

Hi dan-o and zero, i am starting the soy day after tomorrow but am quite nervous about how my body will react to it, would you mind sharing your experiences so I can make the right choice. I think it important that people know of some of the negative side effects so people can make the right choice as to if its the right thing for them. Hope you both get your BFP's soon. xx

Hi everyone! I started soy this cycle and have read so much on this board I decided to join in. Im on CD 10 and using CBEFM so we will see what this cycle brings. Hopefullt it's not another 53 day cycle!

Hi SmashRT, I'm a Soy and CBFM user too. :wave:

Well back to the Soy for me - I'm going to take 150mg on CD4-8. Took 120 last month and definitely felt my ovaries working more tha the forst month. I have different tablets to take this month and they are 50mg each. I'm also doubling my EPO dose - as I've never seen anything that resembles EWCM!!

i have started this month hope it goes well could do with some advice

i take agnus castus to help with painful periods is it ok to take that and soy or is it a no no

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->