Any Soy Ladies out there?

ms impatient, its your cycle that looks like it could be implantation dip on 5dpo which is in an ok time frame! I'll be watching your chart, hope you do get a bfp out of this long cycle honey! xx

jojo - Hoping the Soy works for you... You wouldn't be the first to get a :bfp: the first month on it. In fact, I did... it just didn't work out! :) The next time will though!!! Good luck, I'll be watching you this cycle to see how it goes!

well i took the soy last time i had somewhat of a bleed after my surgery( what they considered a period) and nothing.. then my gyn put me on megestrol to get me to start and again nothing......i really wanna know whats going on..... i dont think i would of ever wanted to start but i need the 3 day test done to c if i ovulate or whats going on.... wish me luck ladies.

So, you took something to make your period start and it still didn't, Shanna? Have you called the doc again? That's confusing! Have you had an ultrasound by any chance?

u r correct megg. he gave me progestrone pills in which made me start before when he gave them to me but this time ....nothing. the nurse sais o well sometimes they dont work for every1. its very confusing and is actually very upsetting. no they havnt done an ultra sound at all except te very 1st time i went in about a yr ago. they want to do those fsh test and stuff but i have to start for that and im not so i dont know what to do now..... should i take more pills, should i wait a whole nother 8 weeks? thats whats running through my head

I did some checking! I didn't find anything with that specific medication, but Provera is the more commonly used med for the same purpose... So, I assume this is relevant!

https://babymed.com/faq/Content.aspx?13571

babymed said:
No Bleeding After Provera

Provera is often given as the 'Progesterone (Provera) Challenge Test' to women who have no period and who are not pregnant. In this test 10 mg of provera is often given over 7-10 days and bleeding is expected within 2 weeks after the last pill.

Read HERE MORE about the work-up for amenorrhea.

Vaginal Bleeding

If there is vaginal bleeding after this test then the diagnosis at this point is anovulation. Some experts believe that an LH and FSH level may be helpful at this point. If the LH is high (above about 10 MIU/ml) and the LH/FSH ratio is above 2:1, this supports the clinical diagnosis of polycystic ovarian disease (PCO). However, many patients with PCO do not demonstrate this high LH/FSH ratio. Testosterone and DHEAS levels may be useful in women with PCO, especially in the presence of hirsutism or other signs of hyperandrogenism (excess male hormones).

No Vaginal Bleeding

If there is no vaginal bleeding after this test, then there could be one of three conditions:

1. Premature ovarian failure
2. A low estrogen level, usually hypothalamic-pituitary failure
3. Outflow tract obstruction: Scarring in the uterus or cervix.

There are several ways to find out what's going on and the next step is to do a FSH blood test.

A high FSH level (above 30-40 mIU/ml) is indicative of anovulation due to premature ovarian failure.

If the FSH is normal then a course of estrogen and progestin is given. Estrogen is given to induce endometrial growth, followed by a progestin to induce withdrawal. A course of 2.5 mg of Premarin for 21 days including 10 mg of Provera on days 17-21 will be adequate.

If bleeding with a normal FSH occurs afer estrogen/progesterone, then the amenorrhea is likely due to hypoestrogenism (low estrogen) due to hypothalamic-pituitary failure. Some medications (e.g. phenothiazines) as well as extremes of weight loss, stress or exercise can cause this type of secondary amenorrhea. A pituitary or hypothalamic tumor would be a rare finding in these patients who were all screened with prolactin levels at the beginning of the diagnostic evaluation. However, if there is no cause apparent from the history, it would be prudent to obtain a baseline CT (or MRI) evaluation of the sellar region to rule out a space occupying lesion

If bleeding does not occur, then there is most likely an 'outflow tract obstruction': either Asherman's syndrome or cervical stenosis.
For women who do not bleed after the combined hormonal regimen, the next step is either hysterosalpingography or hysteroscopy. If adhesions are found, they should be hysteroscopically lysed (cut out) if the patient wants to become pregnant or menstruate.

Hopefully that helps, sweetie! :hugs:

yah hes thinking premature ovarian failure so im really hoping its not that. provera and megestrol are pretty much the same thing but with my migrains he didnt wanna give me provera. at this point im willing to try anything...headaches or not... im really hoping i dont have a high FSH level.....this isnt supposed to happen to me this young....tear

thanks hun

I'm keeping my FX'd that its not POF for you! I'm sure it can't possibly be... You're way too young! If you need to talk, I'll be around! :hugs: But, don't be too sad until you know that there's definitely something to be sad about.

Btw, doesn't that sort of suggest that they can still do the FSH test even if you don't start your period? It says "If No Vaginal Bleeding" and then the next step is an FSH test! Maybe you should ask them to run it now anyway. I wouldn't wait another 8 weeks. I spent over 2 years bleeding almost constantly and it was a super easy fix. Be proactive... don't do what I did and sit around waiting!

i have been fighting about it all for like a year now and its like they dont know what to do now. i said efore to check my hormone levels and he said i was to young for that...well something has to be wrong after going off b/c then i dont have periods or 100 something days its not right. he was the one that mentiond having POF actually. he said he read up on it and it may be that. i think im going to have to make another app with him even though i dont want to because its going to be like digging into a rock

I just had a look at my favourite reference page Hormone Test Results, and I think that you should just push for the FSH test (and an LH one too), as it should be obvious if there is a problem, where as if you get a number under 10, you know it's not the problem, and will (hopefully) give your doc something to work with.

I can't begin to imagine how frustrating all this must be for you. I really hope you get some answers soon.

Any chance you can change doctors - though it does sound like he's prepared to do a bit of work for you?

ya hes trying to figure stuff out now. hes actually the 2nd one i went to. im just not sure if he can do the fsh and lh test if i havnt started my period yet. then because i took those pills im thinking it will through the test off. do you know if i can get the FSH test done with out being on the 3rd day of a new cycle?

I'm sure you can... The article said that it was the next step if there was no bleeding after the pills. You can definitely have it done anytime... I mean, its not impossible by any means. I would push to get it done with or without AF for sure!

Hi ladies hope you all doing well. I'm supposed to take my first soy today but came down with noro virus yesterday evening so if I take I'm scared I won't absorb it before I get I'll again, plus my temp is sky high. Might take it anyway and if I do vomit etc then maybe have to count day 4-8 instead? Grrr not good timing x

Thanks, think I'm over the worst now, not been sick for a while. There's hope my soy will stay in after all. Still feel terrible but I know my priorities lol x

nice implantation dip today BM! :hugs: lil soy bean pending...

Ugh @ the Noro, honey! :hugs: 4-8 will do nicely too if you need it! :D

Temp back up today - hurray! I was getting pretty worried and though that was me out and my temps were going to continue to decline. I am hoping that if no bfp then at least my LP will be half decent after taking the soy.

Hope you are better today jojo... xxx

its looking good BM, potential implantation dip for sure esp as at 7dpo, what was LP before? If temp goes up a couple more times you will be triphasic! :yipee:

Thanks Moggy...
My LP is a bit erratic. Was 9 days when we were first ttc then got it up to 12 with B vits which is when I fell preg with my MC. Since MC it has been 10/11 days at best even with the B vits.
I am petrified to get my hopes up as I was utterly convinced I would get my bfp last cycle, even planned how to tell hubbie!

Megg, any sign of ov?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"