Any Soy Ladies out there?

Sounds like you're in a similar position to me, blah :( I'm cd47 now and no spotting or af and i'm definitely not pregnant either.

I'm going to start temping once af shows up to try and take the guess work out of ovulation. Monitors are too expensive for me :(

Yes ladies temping in only way to know for sure you ovulated as you can get pos opk without ov, remember to get thermom with 2 decimal place.

I've come on this morning, thought it would be yesterday but quite pleased I got extra day on lp. Now at 11 days so soy is doing something.

Megg if your still around, I know you said not to change day but do you think I'd benefit from slightly larger dose? Or am I likely to have more improvement on second month? X

I've tried opks before and never got a positive, but I don't know if that's because I didn't ovulate or because I missed the surge, so temping is defintely the way to go for me.

I just wish af would show up :(

Gosh, what are lot of us are back to square one at the same time.

Well - I'm not one for believing everything I read, however, I was researching phytoestrogens (as that is what soy isoflavones are), to see what else there is out there, and I read some plants, including Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and cabbage, also contain anti-estrogenic compounds - which makes me think they could negate the effects of soy. Now I don't know about you ladies, but I never eat brussel sprouts and go out of my way to avoid cauliflower, but I eat a LOT of cabbage - we have coleslaw 3 or 4 nights a week, and not just a little bit, but a whole heap - as I'm not a big veggie eater and try and get it all in at once. Think I'll avoid the cabbage in the fridge til after I've done this cycle's soy.

EDIT:
Just done a bit more reading and cabbage can be a friend or foe when it comes to estrogen - like an antiestrogen at low concentrations and an estrogen agonist at high concentrations. Estrogen agonists are what we're after, now all I need to know is what constitutes high and low doseage - I'm thinking high doesage would be a large number of cabbages, so even perhaps my LOT is enough to count as low.

Google is a bad thing! But I'm still going to avoid the cabbage for a few days.

Temping doesn't work for me cos I have broken sleep with my LO still getting up 2+ times per night :dohh: Another reason why I might get the clearblue monitor.

Temping doesn't work for me cos I have broken sleep with my LO still getting up 2+ times per night :dohh: Another reason why I might get the clearblue monitor.

I love my Clearblue Moniter (CBFM). I thought I was ov'ing on a completely diff day. Ovulation tests are no where near as accurate for me.

Have you tried temping though hon? I have only just started giving it a go as I have insomnia so assumed it wouldn't be accurate for me BUT my last two cycles are almost identical so it can't be affecting it.

hi ladies!! never knew that about the veg!

im soo excited its cd 3 for me sooo time to start my 2nd round of soy.. i see alot of comments about people putting the doaseage up due to bfn... im a bit confused some people are recommending i take another tablet this cycle... is this right?? i thougt because 120mg seemed to work fine.. why up it to 160mg?? if you think im supposed to i will just a bit confused lol

hows everyone?

ps check my sig!! i believe soy knocked a whole week off my long cycles... its went from 43++ days to 35!! YAY!!

xxx

I love my Clearblue Moniter (CBFM). I thought I was ov'ing on a completely diff day. Ovulation tests are no where near as accurate for me.

Have you tried temping though hon? I have only just started giving it a go as I have insomnia so assumed it wouldn't be accurate for me BUT my last two cycles are almost identical so it can't be affecting it.

Yep, since Dec/Jan and I ALWAYS have to put my coverline ov day in cos FF doesn't pick it up :dohh: My temps are all over the place :growlmad:

MrsWooolf, I'm no expert (haven't even started taking soy yet) but i think the general consensus from "those in the know" is that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. a BFN doesn't mean that soy isn't working for you. it looks like the dosage you took worked well - you ovulated and had a shorter cycle - so i wouldn't change your dose if i were you.

i'm sure someone will come along and correct me if i'm wrong :)

i've spent the day trying to talk my period into starting... it hasn't worked so far :( if the witch doesn't show up by tomorrow, this will officially be my longest cycle ever :(

I would generally say that if you're ovulating with a decent LP, leave the dosage as is! The lowest dose that works is the best dose! :hugs:

Soy has definitely caused an earlier ovulation in my cycle this month!! The LH surge is building now (estrogen peak) at day 11, which means LH peak within 36 hours and ovulation within 48! Considering I normally ovulate at Day 20/21, this is amazing. A 28 day cycle! FX it's a good egg. =)

thanks ladies!!! i really didnt get why people were upping it i also thought the less help (doseage of soy) would obv be the best!!

im soo excited to start tonight lol

xxx

Glad to hear soy is working for you, moxie. Hearing all these positive stories makes me even more eager for af to come so I can get my next cycle going and give soy a go myself!

Still no spotting or any symptoms that might suggest af is on it's way :(

Glad you got an earlier O, moxie!

MrsW - I did end up upping my dose the last time... but only because it didn't seem to work very well the cycle before. I was fine on 120 before the MMC, but after the 120 seemed... useless. So, I went to 200 and hoping I don't need it again for a very long time! Still cautiously optimistic! The MMC makes me so paranoid sometimes!

wow CD 10 and i'm really feeling the ovary twinges...they dont hurt but both ovaries feel very active! i'm so excited :happydance:

Its a very cool feeling, isn't it? Can't wait till you feel O! Its also a cool feeling.. but it hurts! Haha!

:dust:

hahaha i remember when i was a teen i could feel O, it was a sharp pain then, i can just imagine how the soy will make it feel lol sad thing is i'm looking forward to it lol

Yeah... You'll love that you know! Its not a sharp pain for me... but its a deep throbbing pain! Lasts about 10 minutes! :) It wakes me up if I'm asleep!

Hi Ladies! Hope you have all had a good long easter weekend!!

CD14 today Ov'd a day earlier this cycle! Got peaks on CD11&12!!! could feel the twinges in my left ovary and loads fo EWCM!! this is the longest time me and OH have spent together since Xmas as he works away! but O couldnt of fallen better! just hope we have done enough!! we both seem to really have our hopes up this month!!

Left my thermometer at my MILs house tho!! and she is about 75 miles away so going to have to go and buy one today! do they sell them in the shops? x

Good morning girls.

Guess what? Got my BFP this morning!

It was my 2nd cycle with soy so I am def a believer! Stick soy bean, stick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->