Any Soy Ladies out there?

I'm sorry, dandybrush. Hopefully you'll find some answers here than can get you back on the right track to regular cycles. I recently read Making Babies: A Proven 3-Month Program for Maximum Fertility by Sami S. David and Jill Blakeway. I found it really interesting and insightful.

thanx :) im still learning the lingo so i have no idea what CD and all those things mean, im very much a noob lol

Megg I saw that you're not suspose to do soy if you have thyroid problems. I know it worked for you but please be careful. Im sorry for your loss I know how it is to carry a baby for an amount of time only to find out the bad news. If its any consolation you're suspose to be more fertile now I got pregnant twice after my miscarriage in January. Good Luck you and your family are in my prayers. (Im going back to lurking now)

renea - Thanks, hun! :hugs: I know that Soy is bad for people with thyroid problems. I've never had anyone suggest that I might have a thyroid problem before Friday. And, my stupid freaking test results weren't called in to me today. So, I STILL don't know! I call the doc @ 3pm to see why no one had called. The receptionist took my info and said someone would call me back about the results. It's not almost 2am and I never heard from them. I think they closed about... oh... uhm... 9 hours ago! So, I hopefully tomorrow? I don't know! I won't be using it again if I have thyroid issues. Although, it worked 1000 times better for me than Clomid... So, it would be a shame! :(

Jojo - CONGRATS! :hugs: That's awesome news! :yipee:

Blumming docs Megg!!!! I hope you get your results today hun xxx

We found out yesterday my DH is a cystic fibrosis carrier :( I checked with my docs and I have never been tested....So I'm hoping to get an appointment later today to get the blood test, knowing my docs I won't get in to see them until later this week!!! fx xx

Oh, wow! That's no fun, Sparkly! Hoping you aren't a carrier too! :hugs: FX'd!

Thanks... I hope I get them today too! I'm anxious enough, but I have some family stuff going on and my OH is being an arse since last night... So, I'm a mess right now! :(

Thanks hun x

:hugs: The stress is horrible, and can cause even the best of us to be arses sometimes, i'm sure he doesn't mean it hun xxx

My bright, intelligent, and beautiful 17 year old Son announced last night that he wants to join the army!!! So the atmosphere in our house last night was horrendous, we can't condone him doing it........actually my words were.....over my dead body :growlmad:

I had 3 panic attacks yesterday, they have only surfaced since my m/c, and I haven't had one for weeks, so I'm pissed that they're back :(

Yeah, he's not that stressed... He was trying to be funny... It wasn't funny! You'd have to know my husband to understand that he doesn't worry about things... he doesn't stress... he doesn't really get upset. He reacts to major events like most people react to the weather report. He wasn't even upset/worried/stressed when he spent 9 days in the hospital with heart problems that nearly killed him. In fact, he was busy setting up job interviews from his hospital bed! :wacko:

Ugh @ your son wanting to join the army! I know its the right choice for some people, and I have tons of respect for people in the military... but I couldn't condone it for my future kids either! I can't imagine!

Panic attacks? That's what I was doing precisely 24 hours ago... I took myself a 1mg Xanax and went peacefully to sleep! LOL

:hugs: Sparkly. My maternal grandmother lost 4 children through cystic fibrosis (my mum was the only one who didnt have it) so I had a lot of worry and panic when I was pregnant but Amelie was fine. Hope you're not a carrier too although I know RAF wife on here had a scare with CB as I think both her and FOB were carriers but her LO was also fine.

Hello ladies, can I join you...? :flower:

I am trying SI for the first time this month. Started taking it on cd 3. Am currently cd 6. My cycles are 35 days (or at least that is what I think because I have only had one cycle since I stopped bf'ing). Last cycle I O'ed on cd 17. I am hoping to bring O fwd a bit otherwise DH and I will not be in the same place at the right time for the next 2 months :nope:

For the last 3 days I have developed quite a bad rash. Went to the doctor and she said it is definitly an allergic reaction. Thing is I have not eaten or used anything new on my skin. Am wondering whether I have reacted to the SI...? Anybody heard of this?

Hoping we all have our BFP's soon!!!

xx

S*T i forgot soy last night... it was my second dose... i realised at 10am this morning so i took it then...

im freaking out and worrying what will happen??? can i still do it tonight.. or wil it be to much in one day??

xxxx

MrsW - I would just switch to mornings (if you don't get any bad side effects) for the next few doses and move on! I don't think it'll matter much! I honestly don't! :hugs:

peanut - I've not heard of anyone getting a rash from it... but that doesn't mean its not possible! Have you ever used/consumed any other soy products?

thanks megg... i got a fair bit of sickly feeling today... not sure if thats with end of af as she was nasty this cycle.. but all afternoon ive suffered with a major headache... id really like yo go back to taking it at night...

should i miss tonight and just take it 2moro night or will tonight be fine?

xxx

MrsW - I would just switch to mornings (if you don't get any bad side effects) for the next few doses and move on! I don't think it'll matter much! I honestly don't! :hugs:

peanut - I've not heard of anyone getting a rash from it... but that doesn't mean its not possible! Have you ever used/consumed any other soy products?

OK, hope I am not a complete ignoramus here - but other soy products would include anything made from soy beans - right...? In which case, I am a miso soup lover and regularily make my own (which is based on soy bean paste). So no, never had a reaction from that before - good point.... I just can't pin-point where this rash is coming from... and I really do look like a leper.... lord knows how I will have DH BD if this rash continues till O :haha:

How much soy should I be taking? Ive ordered some 400mg tabs, is this dose too high? xx

congratulations jojo!! *so* happy for you. i hope you have a really healthy and happy pregnancy :)

i'm on cd19. no ovulation so far, but i had a small amount of ewcm today, so hopefully soon!! this is supposed to be my first cycle of temping, but my body isn't making it very easy - i haven't been sleeping very well, been waking up at silly times in the morning forgot to temp a couple of times... still, we're :sex: every other day, so i won't miss ovulation... just might not know exactly when it happened!!

I just can't pin-point where this rash is coming from...

Aside from the actual soy isoflavones, perhaps you're having a reaction to one of the filler ingredients? I have the Spring Valley brand, which contain: Calcium, Soy Isoflavones, Dicalcium Phosphate, Cellulose, Croscarmellose, Vegetable Steric Acid, Silica, Cellulose Coating Vegetable Magnesium Stearate, and Calcium Carbonate.

How much soy should I be taking? Ive ordered some 400mg tabs, is this dose too high? xx

(out of lurkdom again) This is wayyyyyyyyyy to high:nope: Soy is half the dose fo clomid and normally a doctor start you off with 50mg so I would not go over 120mg of soy to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsW - I think tonight would be okay! I don't think I'd wait till tomorrow night! But, you've probably already decided one way or the other since its way late there!

peanut - I have to agree that it would have to maybe be another ingredient in the Soy tabs if you regularly eat soybean products. Not the soy itself. Unless there's something else different... that's about all it could be!

pink_bow - I can't imagine they're 400mg. Are you sure they aren't 40mg? That's a normal tablet size! 400mg is WAAAAAAY TOO HIGH!

Got my bloods... No thyroid issues. Back to the Soy for me! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->