Any Soy Ladies out there?

Hi ladies, hope you dont mind if i join in!! My soy is in the post.... cant wait to start next cycle!! :) how is everyone finding it? any side effects? xx

This feels a bit inappropriate now but I tested this morning and got my BFP. Still in complete shock as it was our first cycle so we feel very lucky.

First, I don't think any of us would ever begrudge anyone their BFP... So, its definitely not inappropriate! It gives hope! At least, it does for me! :hugs: Second... CONGRATS!!! :yipee:

Blah MASSIVE congrats!! happy for you :)

thanks ladies this morning i woke up ready to get go... i had a sulk and now im ready to hit this hard... been googling like mad and have been looking at vitamins etc...

we dont smoke or drink that often but its been cut out... fresh fruit and veg water im really praying all this makes a diff and in 8 weeks we will see a difference.. im still going to ttc... i might not take soy next cycle and see what my body is doing natural now...

no point taking soy if its going to be in it for long haul?? what do you ladies recon??

i scared i stop soy my cycles will go back to unregular etc??

thanks again ladies i couldnt do this without you lot you know!!

xxxx

You sound like you have a solid plan. As far as the Soy... I personally think that if you're truly worried that your cycles might go back to being irregular if you stop, you'd just be making your TTC life HARDER by stopping. You were dealing with irregular cycles prior to the Soy and that was a problem. You fixed it. Now, you've come up against another problem and are working on it. I don't know that you should open yourself up to dealing with his SA on top of the possibility of your cycles going irregular again. But, that's totally up to you! I'm just offering an opinion! :hugs:

This feels a bit inappropriate now but I tested this morning and got my BFP. Still in complete shock as it was our first cycle so we feel very lucky.

First, I don't think any of us would ever begrudge anyone their BFP... So, its definitely not inappropriate! It gives hope! At least, it does for me! :hugs: Second... CONGRATS!!! :yipee:

Blah MASSIVE congrats!! happy for you :)

thanks ladies this morning i woke up ready to get go... i had a sulk and now im ready to hit this hard... been googling like mad and have been looking at vitamins etc...

we dont smoke or drink that often but its been cut out... fresh fruit and veg water im really praying all this makes a diff and in 8 weeks we will see a difference.. im still going to ttc... i might not take soy next cycle and see what my body is doing natural now...

no point taking soy if its going to be in it for long haul?? what do you ladies recon??

i scared i stop soy my cycles will go back to unregular etc??

thanks again ladies i couldnt do this without you lot you know!!

xxxx

You sound like you have a solid plan. As far as the Soy... I personally think that if you're truly worried that your cycles might go back to being irregular if you stop, you'd just be making your TTC life HARDER by stopping. You were dealing with irregular cycles prior to the Soy and that was a problem. You fixed it. Now, you've come up against another problem and are working on it. I don't know that you should open yourself up to dealing with his SA on top of the possibility of your cycles going irregular again. But, that's totally up to you! I'm just offering an opinion! :hugs:

I agree with this, based on your siggy stats, you weren't O'ing before Soy and seem to be O'ing now with the Soy. I'd stick with it since it doesn't seem to be doing any harm.

honesy ladies i love your opions!! i NEED them lol

i was just worried about over doing my ovaires with soy? say IF we need to go for ivf it will be a logn wait as i heard if you private before your free nhs shots... private shots come off your nhs shots.. like 3 nhs but before hand you do 2 private leaves you 1 nhs... im unsure on this but if were true id want to do nhs 1s first... anyway to my question lol say ivf was 14 months away could i take soy all that time?

Also i thought myself on this and thought ill keep up with soy it would be silly to stop taking it a i wont O without out and this could be a fluke sa result so theres no point not trying!!! and the more weight i manage to shift it should get my periods going better without soy...

thanks ladies.. oh and dont worry megg im totally with you on how blah feels... its fab news and bfps keep me going!!

ps day 2 of the diet and going strong!! LOL

xxxx

Got a + OPK today, which I reckon means I will O tomorrow - that brings me to O on cd 16 rather than 17... at least one day earlier - yay! :thumbup:

MrsW - Not sure how long you can do Soy. If you do end up with a 14 month wait for IVF, you could definitely take some months off of the soy. Like you said, your cycles might fall into line as time goes on. So, maybe do several months of it, then take 3 off or something and go back if you need to, iykwim?

peanut - YAY for O!!! :hugs:

yeh megg thats what im going to do... perfect lol

peanut WOOP roll on O!!

xxx

Thanks everyone :hugs:

Sorry tictac that Af showed but FX for this cycle X

I ssaid I wouldnt do soy over 6 months without a break :shrug: idk if theres a real time limit so to speak? How long do they let u use clomid for?

Got a + OPK today, which I reckon means I will O tomorrow - that brings me to O on cd 16 rather than 17... at least one day earlier - yay! :thumbup:

wow cd16 is a great result! Only 2 days 'late' from being a normal cycle :happydance:

'Most authorities recommend taking Clomid for no more than six cycles'

So tbh I'd take it 6 cycles max then take a break for a few months maybe?

hey ladies, havnt been on in a while but i have a question for u all....
do any of you spot mid cycle ( for me cd 14) or during O...?

I had a kinda weird cycle this time around...i started but really only had spotting with a little red then it went away in 5 days then on cd 14 i had spotting again with a dot of pink and that was for about 3 days. on the first day of my spotting the 2nd time i had some twinges/pinching on the right side.....never had the weird spotting 2 times with in 14 days before

Yeah, I would say that it's ovulatory spotting... Its a very good, fertile sign (if that's what it is)! :)

hello ladies, cd30 for me. still no confirmation that ovulation has happened :(

my temp dropped really low for two days, went back up to normal yesterday, and dropped a bit today. ewcm has gone, so i guess either i haven't ovulated, or i did ovulate and my temps aren't accurate - my sleeping patterns are erratic, so i guess it's possible.

after seeing my temp drop so low, having so much ewcm and having a bit of blood-streaked ewcm and a srtange pain in my right side as well... i was convinced i was ovulating, but now i'm not so sure :(

feeling quite down today because now i feel like, if i haven't ovulated, this cycle could go on forever and soy hasn't worked for me so far :( i'll give it another go next cycle - i already feel like this isn't going to be my cycle for a BFP :( - but i have no way of knowing how long this cycle is going to be or why my cycles have suddenly become so irregular after seeming to settle down to 28/29 days quite quickly after coming off the pill :(

i'm also worried about my weight. i'm not very overweight, but i need to lose about 1.5st to get to my goal weight and my weightloss has really slowed down :( i'm currently on Slimming World but i'm finding it harder to control my portions and seem to slip off track easily when i eat out. I got to goal with Weight Watchers in the past, and am considering going back, as it forces me to control my portion sizes and my weightloss is more consistant when on Slimming World... but i seem to eat more healthily on Slimming World (when i'm following it properly), i cook from scratch a lot more and eat less processed foods (which i'm worried i would slip away from on Weight Watchers)... plus, if i joined Weight Watchers and then fell pregnant (which is feeling less and less likely every day!) i'd have to quit because you can't be a WW member when you're pregnant... which is part of the reason why i joined SW in the first place - because ass long as your midwife says it's ok, you can carry on following the plan.

sorry for the long rambling post, ladies... my brain's just feeling really fuzzy today :( any advice (regarding my cycle or my weightloss) would be much appreciated.

ButterflyBaby - I wish I had good advice on the weight loss. I think that Weight Watchers has some VERY critical flaws. There aren't many (if any) restrictions, and that's something that can easily be exploited while still "following the rules." I know NOTHING about Slimming World though.

As far as your cycle... Can you maybe take a screenshot of your chart? Are you free user on FF or do you pay for it? If you pay for it, you can change your "sharing" url so that it doesn't involve your name. You are the one who used their name and that's why you don't link to it, yeah? Anyway, even a screen shot of your chart might help. That wouldn't give away any info. I think it sounds like you may have ovulated, but its hard to know for sure! :hugs: Sorry I wasn't more help!

Hey girls, Im on cd12 today, cbfm is showing low but have a little ewcm but maybe thats a side affect of the soy?

Im not holding out for a perfect 28 day cycle but I am so hoping that the soy works and I can have a shorter cycle than the last one!

xx

Some have definitely said that the Soy improved their EWCM... had more of it and had it sooner. I never got the rather fortunate side effect LOL

Megg, i do pay for FF, but have no idea how to change my sharing url... lol.

https://img132.imagevenue.com/loc202/th_42144_chart_122_202lo.jpg

the above should be my chart... temps are all over the place and no ovulation so far - not even close :(

i agree that weight watchers has it's flaws... i think slimming world (and any other diet) does too. with weight watchers, it is very easy to eat nothing but crap and still stick to your points limit, but with slimming world, it's possibly to eat all day and eat huge portion sizes because as long as it's "free" food, nothing has to be weighed or counted.

i'd like to think that if i went back to weight watchers, i'd keep the good habits i've learned from slimming world (i used to *hate* veg - still do, actually - but now i eat veg with nearly every meal, for example) but i'm sure some bad habits (more processed food/ready meals) would creap back into my diet.

I'm getting ready for an eating habit overhaul too! I'm starting tomorrow... hopefully! I think its crap that I don't really eat worse than a lot of people yet I gain weight on top of being quite overweight already when others don't! How did I get dealt that hand? Anyway, enough whining out of me! I'm not going with a program... just using some nutritional knowledge!

Hmm @ your chart! I see what you mean! To change your url, go to "Sharing" then "Homepage Setup" then (at the top below your url) "Change URL"... Its easy! :)

Two cycles of Soy.

First one was 2-5 and the second one was 4-7. Both times I've had two clear estrogen surges, and both times I ovulated properly on the second one. The first cycle I ovulated at the usual day 19/20. The second cycle, I was delayed to day 24 (the first surge was on my usual day at 19/20).

In the primary estrogen surges, I do get a dip followed by increasing temps identical to a proper luteal phase, as well as the usual progression of luteal phase symptoms -- but no positive OPK (though it comes close). The secondary estrogen surges have a stronger result on the OPK and are followed by a stronger rise in temperatures.

Last cycle, my luteal phase was extended by 2/3 days which was unexpected and stressful. I expect this one to be similarly extended. Generally, the soy cycles have had more stable, consistent temperatures, but they've also had heightened side effects to the hormonal changes. A lot of cramping!

I'm not going to be using soy after this as I don't like the changes it has made to my cycle. Hopefully the outcome will be positive! I coincidentally have an ultrasound on Tuesday so can verify ovulation and uterine lining then. See you in 17 days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->