Any Soy Ladies out there?

does anyone take soy and AC? I have very long, irregular cycles. TIA

thanks for the advice, girls... and for putting up with me! i'm sorry i was on such a downer :( i'm trying to be more positive today.

i guess i just have to wait and see what happens during the rest of this cycle.

i've been thinking that maybe i should increase my dose of soy next cycle? clearly 100mg hasn't made much, if any difference and doesn't appear to have brought ovulation forward :(

I started with 120mg and it brought on ov but not quick enough so I'm upping it to 200mg this cycle. How many mgs per tablet are yours?

Apparently, ESR (SED Rate) can be elevated slightly when pregnant OR menstruating! I was on CD2 and definitely still bleeding! It was 24 with a normal range of 0-20.

Mine was 24 last month and I was around 8 dpo at the time (my calculated range is 0 - 19). The GP didn't question it. Lab ranges are quite difficult to use when interpreting singular values. Were any of your other blood results out of range (besides C-reactive protein)? I had very low lymphocytes and high neutrophils/monocytes/basophils -- so, an infection. I don't have a stellar immune system, if I'm honest. :winkwink:

does anyone take soy and AC? I have very long, irregular cycles. TIA

Nope, and no one should. They don't play nice together. You really have to choose so you don't do more harm than good. Good luck! :)

thanks for the advice, girls... and for putting up with me! i'm sorry i was on such a downer :( i'm trying to be more positive today.

i guess i just have to wait and see what happens during the rest of this cycle.

i've been thinking that maybe i should increase my dose of soy next cycle? clearly 100mg hasn't made much, if any difference and doesn't appear to have brought ovulation forward :(

I'd move up to 200mg.

Apparently, ESR (SED Rate) can be elevated slightly when pregnant OR menstruating! I was on CD2 and definitely still bleeding! It was 24 with a normal range of 0-20.

Mine was 24 last month and I was around 8 dpo at the time (my calculated range is 0 - 19). The GP didn't question it. Lab ranges are quite difficult to use when interpreting singular values. Were any of your other blood results out of range (besides C-reactive protein)? I had very low lymphocytes and high neutrophils/monocytes/basophils -- so, an infection. I don't have a stellar immune system, if I'm honest. :winkwink:

All the "-cytes" and "-phils" came back fine. She said I definitely don't have an infection. CRP and ESR were the only 2 that came back "out of range" so far. We're still waiting for my Antinuclear Antibodies to come back though.

So, you don't think I'm doomed to an autoimmune disease? Because I really don't want one! LOL

Hi ladies. I've been following this thread and have read up to March. Plan to read all of the posts, but wanted to say hello. I usually Ov between CD22 and CD28. I would really like to Ov a little earlier, so took 120mgs of soy on CD3 - CD7 this cycle. First time using it. I'm on CD9 today. I'm feeling some dull af like cramping. Has anyone else noticed that? My CP and CM aren't in a fertile state yet, so I don't think Ov is coming yet.

I'm super excited to see if this helps kick Ov into gear sooner! I've already started OPK testing because I'm afraid to miss my surge. I'm going to spend a fortune this month since I have no idea when I might Ov!

Baby dust and soy beans to you all!

Yes, honey! Those dull cramps are your ovaries swelling with growing follies! :hugs: You should O sometime between CD12-17... could be later, so don't get discouraged if it doesn't come quite that early! Good luck, sweetie!

Well I'm CD35 and my monitor gave me a High on CD33 and my temps have been going up since then. If my temp goes up tomorrow, FF will confirm my ovulation day as CD33... the day of my first high on the monitor. Strange, huh? Our timing wasn't great either. We BD'd on CD 31 twice and then CD 33 and 34. I hate not being prepared for O. I wish I was more regular!

I'm posting the link to my chart... let me know what you think! I get so anxious around ovulation that I tend to wake up a lot during the night and end up having to temp about 45 min earlier than the beginning of my cycle.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2b9e17

hi ladies... im usually covered in ewcm... and lines on opks this cycle i have nothing!!!

could it be when i forgot a tablet and took 2 the next day??

i am using different opks this month so could be they dont give me faint lines before a poss.. i have 2 of last months opks might use them see if they bring anything up!!

ill hang on a few days O just might be few days late etc...

hope everyone is well

xxx

my tablets are 100mg, Blah.

I think i probably will go up to 200mg next cycle, megg. 100mg hasn't made any difference at all, so it can't hurt to try a higher dose. i was thinking about whether to change the days that i take it, but i think i'll stick to cd 3-7 and just try the higher dose.

I think i probably will go up to 200mg next cycle, megg. 100mg hasn't made any difference at all, so it can't hurt to try a higher dose. i was thinking about whether to change the days that i take it, but i think i'll stick to cd 3-7 and just try the higher dose.

I took 100 mg this cycle as well, hope this dose can make me OV.

It would be unusual for a single tablet to be 100mg of Soy Isoflavone - most are 20-40mg. The labels are often mis-leading saying thngs like 100mg on the bottle/packaging, but the actual concentrate of isoflavones is 40%.

Which brand have you got?

I finished with my second round of soy on Monday night -- I upped the dosage a bit this month, too, trying to move things a bit earlier. I thought I O'd three days earlier last month, but it just turned out that my cycle was shorter. This month I took the following: CD1 -- 120mg; CD-2 though CD4 -- 160mg; CD5 -- 200 mg. We'll see what happens! I have a doctor's appt. on Tuesday and am hoping not to get scolded for taking things into my own hands, although I'm pretty sure that's what will happen. :( I'm almost feeling guilty for taking the soy this month.

i thought that too, leilani - i must have read the back of the bottle a hundred times.

The ones i've got are Healthy Direct Soy Isoflavones & Black Cohosh. the "recommended dose" on the back is 2 capsules a day, but the product information says

typical value per capsule
soy isoflavones - 100mg
providing:
genistein - 21mg
daidzein - 19mg

so i only took 1.

i have no idea what genistein or daidzein are... but since it says 100mg soy isoflavones per capsule, i just assumed there was 100mg soy and the other bits didn't matter too much...

have i read it wrong?

Hey Ladies (out of lurkdom) I just want to wish everyone good luck. O just Oed yesterday. But Im still having O pain, which is unusual for me. Normall a couple hours thats it. Funny I was begging for the pain, just not for 2 days.:dohh: I went for 120mg to 200 and I could really tell the difference. I will be testing on monday so I will let you know something as soon as I know.

Well I'm CD35 and my monitor gave me a High on CD33 and my temps have been going up since then. If my temp goes up tomorrow, FF will confirm my ovulation day as CD33... the day of my first high on the monitor. Strange, huh? Our timing wasn't great either. We BD'd on CD 31 twice and then CD 33 and 34. I hate not being prepared for O. I wish I was more regular!

I'm posting the link to my chart... let me know what you think! I get so anxious around ovulation that I tend to wake up a lot during the night and end up having to temp about 45 min earlier than the beginning of my cycle.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2b9e17

Look promising for O... definitely! FX'd for you!

hi ladies... im usually covered in ewcm... and lines on opks this cycle i have nothing!!!

could it be when i forgot a tablet and took 2 the next day??

i am using different opks this month so could be they dont give me faint lines before a poss.. i have 2 of last months opks might use them see if they bring anything up!!

ill hang on a few days O just might be few days late etc...

hope everyone is well

xxx

I don't think the pill slip up has anything to do with it. Some people don't get the same result each month, despite doing things the same way, iykwim?

I finished with my second round of soy on Monday night -- I upped the dosage a bit this month, too, trying to move things a bit earlier. I thought I O'd three days earlier last month, but it just turned out that my cycle was shorter. This month I took the following: CD1 -- 120mg; CD-2 though CD4 -- 160mg; CD5 -- 200 mg. We'll see what happens! I have a doctor's appt. on Tuesday and am hoping not to get scolded for taking things into my own hands, although I'm pretty sure that's what will happen. :( I'm almost feeling guilty for taking the soy this month.

Your doctor will likely scold you, yes. They will likely tell you that Soy can't do what Clomid does and you've rendered yourself infertile for the cycle. Of course, that doesn't make it TRUE! But, that's probably what they'll say! Also, I'm confused by how you decided to take it on CD1-5 and the dosages you used. CD1-5 doesn't produce very good eggs, tbh. Its kind of too early. And, I'm a little unsure about changing up the dosage over the 5 days. But, I hope it works out for you! :flower:

i thought that too, leilani - i must have read the back of the bottle a hundred times.

The ones i've got are Healthy Direct Soy Isoflavones & Black Cohosh. the "recommended dose" on the back is 2 capsules a day, but the product information says

typical value per capsule
soy isoflavones - 100mg
providing:
genistein - 21mg
daidzein - 19mg

so i only took 1.

i have no idea what genistein or daidzein are... but since it says 100mg soy isoflavones per capsule, i just assumed there was 100mg soy and the other bits didn't matter too much...

have i read it wrong?

Doesn't sound like you've read it wrong... but that is odd. Hmm...

Hey Ladies (out of lurkdom) I just want to wish everyone good luck. O just Oed yesterday. But Im still having O pain, which is unusual for me. Normall a couple hours thats it. Funny I was begging for the pain, just not for 2 days.:dohh: I went for 120mg to 200 and I could really tell the difference. I will be testing on monday so I will let you know something as soon as I know.

I can tell the difference between 120mg and 200mg too! I can already feel my ovaries and I'm on dose #3 of 5. I like that I know its working though!

Megg all Im going to say is get ready for the pain. I had to take some motrin. When I did the 120 I Oed 2 days earlier but no pain.

Oh, I did 200mg before my last BFP. So, I know what's coming! It was still NOTHING compared to Clomid O pain! That was AWFUL!

Ooh I'm scared. I've never had O pain before LOL Kinda hope I get it :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->