Any Soy Ladies out there?

Hi ladies. Quaver, I guess it is good that you are getting some answers. I hope Clomid does the trick!

Well, I think soy ended up messing up my cycle more than helping it. I got 2 positive OPK's on CD15 and CD18 but still show no clear sign of a temp rise that indicates I've ovulated. I also spotted from CD13 - CD20. Now I do often have mid-cycle spotting, but not for this long. I can only think that my estrogen was out of whack and was causing me to spot. FF is showing that I tentatively ovulated on CD17, but I honestly don't think I did. I'm on CD24 today. Maybe I'll ovulate today? Anyhoo, I think I'm going to forgo the soy next month. I'll chalk this up to an interesting experiment. I still believe in soy, just not for me!

I agree with you 100%, Soy totally messed me up this cycle. I took it in the hopes of O'ing earlier, and having a stronger O. Mind you I do O late in my cycle and am irregular, but mostly O between CD 20 and 25, I'm CD33 and no sign of O. I have given up this cycle with bd'ing and opk testing (I've ran out and have to wait to order some off ebay). I've soooo many successful Soy stories that I'm soo upset that I'm one of the few that had a not so successful story with Soy. I will not be taking it next cycle, I can't afford to waste another cycle experimenting with my body.

As for your chart I agree that you didn't O CD 17, that would put way too many of of your past temps below coverline. Possibly CD13? But then again you have +opks after CD13.

As for me, I'm considering trying to start AF on my own, by drinking parsley tea. I read somewhere that it brought on AF for some so I think it can't hurt to try?

FX'd you do end up O'ing sooner than later.

Hi ladies. Quaver, I guess it is good that you are getting some answers. I hope Clomid does the trick!

Well, I think soy ended up messing up my cycle more than helping it. I got 2 positive OPK's on CD15 and CD18 but still show no clear sign of a temp rise that indicates I've ovulated. I also spotted from CD13 - CD20. Now I do often have mid-cycle spotting, but not for this long. I can only think that my estrogen was out of whack and was causing me to spot. FF is showing that I tentatively ovulated on CD17, but I honestly don't think I did. I'm on CD24 today. Maybe I'll ovulate today? Anyhoo, I think I'm going to forgo the soy next month. I'll chalk this up to an interesting experiment. I still believe in soy, just not for me!

I agree with you 100%, Soy totally messed me up this cycle. I took it in the hopes of O'ing earlier, and having a stronger O. Mind you I do O late in my cycle and am irregular, but mostly O between CD 20 and 25, I'm CD33 and no sign of O. I have given up this cycle with bd'ing and opk testing (I've ran out and have to wait to order some off ebay). I've soooo many successful Soy stories that I'm soo upset that I'm one of the few that had a not so successful story with Soy. I will not be taking it next cycle, I can't afford to waste another cycle experimenting with my body.

As for your chart I agree that you didn't O CD 17, that would put way too many of of your past temps below coverline. Possibly CD13? But then again you have +opks after CD13.

As for me, I'm considering trying to start AF on my own, by drinking parsley tea. I read somewhere that it brought on AF for some so I think it can't hurt to try?

FX'd you do end up O'ing sooner than later.

Thanks Sue, good to hear I'm not the only one. It sounds like you and I have similar cycle patterns. My average seems to be Ov'ing on CD22. Why did I feel the need to mess with a good thing? I guess I've just been envious of early ovulators!

Your chart definitely looks strange. Uuugghh! As for jump starting AF, are you sure you want to do anything else to your bod? I know it is hard, but if I were you, I would wait it out until AF. I just don't want to do anything else that could mess with my hormones. But that's me!

I have kind of given up this cycle too. I gave up doing OPK's and BD'ing consistently. I'm still temping, but that's it. Hopefully our cycles regulate after AF. I definitely have friends who are late ovulators who have had babies. So, it can happen for us too!

Good luck to you too. I appreciate your feedback and looking at my chart.

xoxo

Hearttree- See my last cycle was 39 days, before that 48, before that 28....see how irregular I am? My last cycle bd timed perfectly, nice + opk,...bfn...cycles before that, OK bd timing. What I mean is that when your irregular, you just never know when you're going to O and bd'ing all the time does get tiring, lol, and when you have a crazy long cycle and miss it due to not so great bd timing it's even MORE frustrating because I have just wasted another long cycle!!! Can you tell how frustrated I am? Hence the reason for me to just want AF to come. I must admit though I'm afraid of screwing up my body even more by inducing AF.

I have an appt with my family dr on Sat morning, I'm going to see what he has to say about my cycles.

I am an example of late O'ing can still result in pregnancy, well I should say my ds is, when we conceived him more than 6 yrs ago, I O'd on CD31, I have chart to prove it. SO I know it can happen!!! FX'd is happens for all of us soon!!

Soy doesn't work for everyone, sorry it didn't work for you ladies :hugs:

I got a high on my CBFM today :happydance: total shock as i dont have any EWCM :shrug: Dunno if it'll be high for ages yet? Hopefully not!

Hearttree- See my last cycle was 39 days, before that 48, before that 28....see how irregular I am? My last cycle bd timed perfectly, nice + opk,...bfn...cycles before that, OK bd timing. What I mean is that when your irregular, you just never know when you're going to O and bd'ing all the time does get tiring, lol, and when you have a crazy long cycle and miss it due to not so great bd timing it's even MORE frustrating because I have just wasted another long cycle!!! Can you tell how frustrated I am? Hence the reason for me to just want AF to come. I must admit though I'm afraid of screwing up my body even more by inducing AF.

I have an appt with my family dr on Sat morning, I'm going to see what he has to say about my cycles.

I am an example of late O'ing can still result in pregnancy, well I should say my ds is, when we conceived him more than 6 yrs ago, I O'd on CD31, I have chart to prove it. SO I know it can happen!!! FX'd is happens for all of us soon!!

Oh, I would be frustrated if I were you too! I'm frustrated enough and my cycles are pretty regular, just late ovulation. (With the exception of this cycle of course!) I don't blame you for wanting to start AF. Let me know what the doctor says.

I love your success story! Gives me VERY HIGH hopes! Thank you!!

Soy doesn't work for everyone, sorry it didn't work for you ladies :hugs:

I got a high on my CBFM today :happydance: total shock as i dont have any EWCM :shrug: Dunno if it'll be high for ages yet? Hopefully not!

Blah, I hope you get your peak soon!!!

im finally finding out anwsers! i was afraid to take the soy alot because it showed that i was ovualting when i had my bloods done and i didnt wanna over stimuate my overies.well come to find out it was confirmed that i have insuline resistance and now will have more blood test today. most likely im going to be put on metformin and hopefully loose some weight then be back to ttc after i have lost a good amount of weight so that way i dont add an extra however many lbs to my overweight body now ......

megg..thanx for all ure help

i wish the best of luck to you all and i hope to see BFP's soon from all of you

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA -- things are crazy stressful at work for me right now (which doesn't help the TTC situation). I finally got a peak on my CBFM on CD20 this month, which is a record-late peak for me. :-( Don't know if I should expect a normal luteal phase, or if the soy just totally messed with my cycle. I got super strong lines on both my monitor sticks and regular OPKs, though, brighter than ever. And a TON of EWCM for several days, too (sorry if that's TMI). I don't know if these are good signs, or bad. I've read that Clomid delays O in a lot of women, but not sure if soy does the same thing? Any ideas?

I'm going in on Monday for a pelvic U/S and progesterone test and DH is getting his SA on Tuesday, so we'll take it with the doctor from there, I suppose, if AF shows again this month.

im finally finding out anwsers! i was afraid to take the soy alot because it showed that i was ovualting when i had my bloods done and i didnt wanna over stimuate my overies.well come to find out it was confirmed that i have insuline resistance and now will have more blood test today. most likely im going to be put on metformin and hopefully loose some weight then be back to ttc after i have lost a good amount of weight so that way i dont add an extra however many lbs to my overweight body now ......

Just curious, but what are symptoms of insulin resistance? Someone suggested I be tested for that.

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA -- things are crazy stressful at work for me right now (which doesn't help the TTC situation). I finally got a peak on my CBFM on CD20 this month, which is a record-late peak for me. :-( Don't know if I should expect a normal luteal phase, or if the soy just totally messed with my cycle. I got super strong lines on both my monitor sticks and regular OPKs, though, brighter than ever. And a TON of EWCM for several days, too (sorry if that's TMI). I don't know if these are good signs, or bad. I've read that Clomid delays O in a lot of women, but not sure if soy does the same thing? Any ideas?

I'm going in on Monday for a pelvic U/S and progesterone test and DH is getting his SA on Tuesday, so we'll take it with the doctor from there, I suppose, if AF shows again this month.

Stronger lines and tons of EWCM sound like good signs to me. Def not TMI! It can delay O if your eggs need more time to properly mature! So, I'd say that its all pointing toward the positive rather than negative! Good luck!

P.S. Your luteal phase will likely either be the same as usual or longer. So, expect AF to be later accordingly!

Just curious, but what are symptoms of insulin resistance? Someone suggested I be tested for that.

Weight gain, inability to lose weight or keep it off, high fasting blood sugar, hormone imbalance due to excess weight... Its much like diabetes, but instead of your body not producing insulin correctly, it can't deal with the insulin that you do produce.

So if I went in for a blood test do I have to be fasting? And would I have to ask them to test for insulin resistance?

I would definitely fast for 8-12 hours and tell them that you want checked for insulin resistance. They should be able to just do your fasting blood sugar and maybe a couple of other tests. If you google "insulin resistance" it will probably tell you a lot about the necessary testing.

Hi all,

I've lurked around here for a long time, registered in Feb and still have lurked :)

I've read through just over 100 pages so far (over a few days, of course) whenever I had time to sit down & do so.

I have some soy on order from iHerb (love that place!) that hopefully will be arriving this coming week. CD8 starts in about 30 mins so I obviously won't be trying that until next cycle (if there is one, which there probably will be).

I've read about the reasons for taking it like days 3-7, 4-8, 5-9 (better eggs), but I also was looking at days 1-5 for the "possibility" of twins.

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on that and also, is there anyone here who has gotten a BFP who is older? Like - 38 or more?

I'm 39, and even if I fell pregnant this cycle, I'd be hitting my 40th come my due date, my fella is now 60 himself (he has no children at all). We've been hoping, not using any birth control for just over 5 yrs now, I did temp for about a yr w/mommymaker - no joy there, and trying to hit the times I figured I was ovulating (which now seems like I was waaaayyyy off) This really is our last chance I believe, given our ages, at having a baby and if it doesn't happen soon, that it's not going to happen at all.

Last cycle was my first back at temping and using tcoyf and, no joy either. The software said I ovulated on CD20 which shocked me as it seemed much later than I thought it would, and if I go according to that, I have *just* a 10 day LP (I say just because I woke up with my period so...it was "just")

I'm taking EPO (till ovulation) then flax oil after, should my period arrive (which I don't doubt it will) - my soy will be here & I'll start on that for 5 days.

I don't have enough posts yet to add a link to my chart, and my signature doesn't show up (maybe because I put a link to my chart in it?) I do think it shows on my profile page though (don't know, shows for me).

So, in the end I guess my questions are - am I crazy for wanting to try soy days 1-5? Thoughts? Am I crazy for even trying to have a baby at our ages? Has anyone of approx my age managed to get pregnant on soy?

Also, if you can see a link to my chart in my profile (assuming it won't show in my signature) - does my chart look as "blah" to someone in the know as it does to me?

Thanks in advance for any help/thoughts/ideas you can throw our way.

Hi Islechik :wave:

I'm glad you've found your voice in here!

I think you are perhaps a little bit crazy :wacko:for wanting to try the soy days 1-5, as in doing this you are compromising the quality of your egg/s, and realisitically the chances of twins on Soy doesn't really seem to be something that is highly reported. I guess because people don't have monitored soy cycles it would be hard to say if it's common for ladies to have more than one follicle/egg Also, given your age, there is a chance your egg quality is already slightly diminished, so "forcing" your ovaries to pop out an egg early isn't something I'd do, the last couple of cycles I took soy, I took it days 4-8, which made me happy to know I was popping out a mature egg (last cycle I had one 20mm follicle on my left ovary the day before ovulation).

However, you have obviously done your homework - good effort reading 100+ pages - so only you can decide what is best for you.

Have you or your OH had any tests done, 5 years is a long time (I thought 5 months was a long time)?

AND you are not crazy for wanting a baby.

In all honesty, I certainly wouldn't try CD1-5. Given the age factors involved, I'd be looking for the best quality egg I could get my ovaries on! And, I think CD5-9 is the way to do that. I'm assuming neither of you have had any testing? Like no CD3/7dpo testing for you? No SA for him? I won't say anyone is crazy for having a baby at any age... mostly. Certainly won't say you're crazy at 39! That's just silly to even suggest that you're too old. Men seem to have babies later in life quite often. If you're both okay with it, I'm certainly not going to judge! I don't know most of the ages of the Soy success stories. So, I can't help there! And, your siggy is showing now. I had a look at your last chart... and, to be honest, I don't think it looks like you ovulated. I hate to say that... but there really isn't a clear temp shift. So, I'm not sure. Can you get tests done? Just so you know what you're working with?

Good luck with whatever you decide, sweetie! :hugs:

Yay! My signature and chart link shows :)

Thanks for responding Leilani, I love this forum because with people from all over the world (but heavily UK it seems) it seems like it's always busy, which is a very good thing I think.

Yes, I was thinking also that at my age my eggs might be a wee bit heading towards their "best before" date also, the thought I was thinking with the twins deal was...our last chance so - make it count...haha

But, I'd much rather have one good, strong chance than more than one "iffy" chance, and I'd rather have it sooner than later, so I will definitely go with 4-8 or maybe even better 5-9 (considering tcoyf said I O'd on CD20 last month).

The short story is, no - neither one of us has seen a doctor.
I'm in Canada and was, ummm...."living without status" for almost 5 years (long story) but my immigration saga is finally over and in a few weeks I'll be covered under MSP and then will make an appt w/my GP (she's a nurse practitioner and I think she's great) - the only things I've been seen for in the last 6-7 yrs are basic crap - ear infection, sinus infection, etc and 2 immigration medicals (which are crap really)

My fella, he's a funny bugger - he's the type that has to pretty well be on death's door before he'll even think about calling for an appointment - irks me to no end but, he's always been that way & I know that's just not going to change.

I really never thought that it would take *this* long or be this difficult to get pregnant. I've had 3 kids (all in their 20's) and a nasty miscarriage 10 yrs ago this August. My BH - close to 30 yrs ago was married and his wife had 2 miscarriages, so all that lead me to think that - yeah, we're both capable.
However, I do realize that we were both a LOT younger then.

Maybe with the stress of immigration over, and the fact that if I finally get pregnant now it would be covered (vs. costing us upwards of $10k for an uncovered birth) will help matters some....don't know - hope so

Sorry, I am very wordy, it just feels good to TALK about it with people who "get it"

Hi Islechik :wave:

I'm glad you've found your voice in here!

I think you are perhaps a little bit crazy :wacko:for wanting to try the soy days 1-5, as in doing this you are compromising the quality of your egg/s, and realisitically the chances of twins on Soy doesn't really seem to be something that is highly reported. I guess because people don't have monitored soy cycles it would be hard to say if it's common for ladies to have more than one follicle/egg Also, given your age, there is a chance your egg quality is already slightly diminished, so "forcing" your ovaries to pop out an egg early isn't something I'd do, the last couple of cycles I took soy, I took it days 4-8, which made me happy to know I was popping out a mature egg (last cycle I had one 20mm follicle on my left ovary the day before ovulation).

However, you have obviously done your homework - good effort reading 100+ pages - so only you can decide what is best for you.

Have you or your OH had any tests done, 5 years is a long time (I thought 5 months was a long time)?

AND you are not crazy for wanting a baby.

Oh Megg, I've read so many of your posts I was hoping you'd peek at my chart! (now that I can get it to show)

Yes, that's what I noticed also, I really didn't think I'd ovulated given the "blah" temps!
My cycles are typically 27-29, maybe 30 days. A few months ago I went 35 days and I was CONVINCED I was pregnant, though all the tests said no way.
I even bought the card to give to my BH, sadly it's still in my "girly" drawer with my stay of ovulation predictor sticks and pregnancy test, softcups, pre-seed, tampons, pads, etc - IE: the place he will never touch, if I ever want to hide something - that's the place to put it...haha

I *always* have my period & thought - if I wasn't ovulating, I'd have really screwy cycles, so I just assumed I was.

I was typing up my previous post while you were posting yours, so my answers on testing, etc are answered in there

Thanks so much for responding :)

In all honesty, I certainly wouldn't try CD1-5. Given the age factors involved, I'd be looking for the best quality egg I could get my ovaries on! And, I think CD5-9 is the way to do that. I'm assuming neither of you have had any testing? Like no CD3/7dpo testing for you? No SA for him? I won't say anyone is crazy for having a baby at any age... mostly. Certainly won't say you're crazy at 39! That's just silly to even suggest that you're too old. Men seem to have babies later in life quite often. If you're both okay with it, I'm certainly not going to judge! I don't know most of the ages of the Soy success stories. So, I can't help there! And, your siggy is showing now. I had a look at your last chart... and, to be honest, I don't think it looks like you ovulated. I hate to say that... but there really isn't a clear temp shift. So, I'm not sure. Can you get tests done? Just so you know what you're working with?

Oh Megg, I've read so many of your posts I was hoping you'd peek at my chart! (now that I can get it to show)

Yes, that's what I noticed also, I really didn't think I'd ovulated given the "blah" temps!
My cycles are typically 27-29, maybe 30 days. A few months ago I went 35 days and I was CONVINCED I was pregnant, though all the tests said no way.
I even bought the card to give to my BH, sadly it's still in my "girly" drawer with my stay of ovulation predictor sticks and pregnancy test, softcups, pre-seed, tampons, pads, etc - IE: the place he will never touch, if I ever want to hide something - that's the place to put it...haha

I *always* have my period & thought - if I wasn't ovulating, I'd have really screwy cycles, so I just assumed I was.

I was typing up my previous post while you were posting yours, so my answers on testing, etc are answered in there

Thanks so much for responding :)

Aww! That's sweet! Makes me feel good to hear that! LOL Thanks! :hugs:

Actually... Odd as it is, you can have a very regular "cycle" and not ovulate. Its just anovulatory bleeding and can very much follow a regular pattern. It ALWAYS surprises people when it happens though. Of course, we all have an anovulatory cycle here and there... So, you could have had the bad luck of just catching that ONE cycle that was "off." I'm certainly not suggesting that you never ovulate! I would think that you most likely DO! Keep with the charting though!

I agree with Leilani that the chance of twins isn't high enough to risk crap eggs! Definitely go later unless you're completely opposed, though it doesn't sound like you are!

It was so sad to read that you'd already bought the card and then not gotten the BFP! I hate how TTC can make us feel! The ways our bodies can trick us! :hugs: I'm convinced that you WILL get to give him that card... and we'll be here to help you get there!

Love and luck to you, petal!

Btw, never hesitate to flat out ask me a question. When you get the option to PM, feel free to use it on me whenever you like! I get quite a few, and I never mind! :flower:

hi islechick and welcome
I took a look at your chart and I'm afraid I have to agree with Megg, i can't see a clear temp shift so it's unlikely that you have ovulated hun. There is nothing wrong in you wanting a baby at your age, I am older than you btw,(40)) and my DH is about to turn 47. Maybe a few tests on you both would be a good idea? Probably be just a few blood tests and a SA on hubby. At least you would know what's going on then.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->