Any Soy Ladies out there?

hello everyone.

tested a couple of days ago, as promised. BFN, but no surprise there! i was a bit disappointed afterwards, but i wasn't expecting anything different, so i'm over it.

i'm spotting today - proper spotting, rather than just when i check my cervix. i'm cd51 today, so if af comes fairly quickly (i usually spot for a couple of days before it start properly), i've shaved 10+ days off my cycle compared to my last one.

i don't know if that's the soy or just because the B50 complex that i'm so sure messed up my cycle is now out of my system and allowing things to settle down... but i'm going to take 200mg soy, probably cd3-7 to see if i can bring ovulation forward a bit and shorten my cycle some more.

Sounds like a plan, Butterfly! Hoping with all hope that it works!!! :hugs:

Hey ladies
need some advice from you knowledgable ladies. I have a 30 day cycle and o'v on day 15 so that is not the problem but I was thinking of taking soy for egg quality or even releasing more than one egg per month to help my chances as I am 41. What does anyone think?? I am afraid to mess uo my cycle. Also is taking them day 5-9 the right times for egg quality. One final question where do you get it in the UK. I have seen it in holland and barrett it quotes 750mg tabs but the actual soy isoflavs is 23mg so I would take 5??
Thank you so much for al your advice- i really want to avoid having ivf in Sept but had a m/c in feb and getting really down about no BFP yet xx
p.s doc refused to give me clomid as i am still ovulating

Hi all,

I've lurked around here for a long time, registered in Feb and still have lurked :)

I've read through just over 100 pages so far (over a few days, of course) whenever I had time to sit down & do so.

I have some soy on order from iHerb (love that place!) that hopefully will be arriving this coming week. CD8 starts in about 30 mins so I obviously won't be trying that until next cycle (if there is one, which there probably will be).

I've read about the reasons for taking it like days 3-7, 4-8, 5-9 (better eggs), but I also was looking at days 1-5 for the "possibility" of twins.

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on that and also, is there anyone here who has gotten a BFP who is older? Like - 38 or more?

I'm 39, and even if I fell pregnant this cycle, I'd be hitting my 40th come my due date, my fella is now 60 himself (he has no children at all). We've been hoping, not using any birth control for just over 5 yrs now, I did temp for about a yr w/mommymaker - no joy there, and trying to hit the times I figured I was ovulating (which now seems like I was waaaayyyy off) This really is our last chance I believe, given our ages, at having a baby and if it doesn't happen soon, that it's not going to happen at all.

Last cycle was my first back at temping and using tcoyf and, no joy either. The software said I ovulated on CD20 which shocked me as it seemed much later than I thought it would, and if I go according to that, I have *just* a 10 day LP (I say just because I woke up with my period so...it was "just")

I'm taking EPO (till ovulation) then flax oil after, should my period arrive (which I don't doubt it will) - my soy will be here & I'll start on that for 5 days.

I don't have enough posts yet to add a link to my chart, and my signature doesn't show up (maybe because I put a link to my chart in it?) I do think it shows on my profile page though (don't know, shows for me).

So, in the end I guess my questions are - am I crazy for wanting to try soy days 1-5? Thoughts? Am I crazy for even trying to have a baby at our ages? Has anyone of approx my age managed to get pregnant on soy?

Also, if you can see a link to my chart in my profile (assuming it won't show in my signature) - does my chart look as "blah" to someone in the know as it does to me?

Thanks in advance for any help/thoughts/ideas you can throw our way.

Hey
If you are nuts at 39 i am off the scale at 41-so don't ever thinkyou are too old!!! I am toying with idea of soy as well. I got p/g in feb with tcm but m/c so we can still do it! I have lurked a lot here as well seems i was meant to read your post!! I am thinking of days 5-9 for egg quality. My oh wasn't keen on tests either but he eventually gave inxx hope we get a BFP soon xx

Hey Islechik.
Just had a look at your chart, am absolutely no expert, but there was no clear temp shift. I also found the chart quite hard to follow. I find the Fertility Friend one a lot easier. Also, i noticed that your time for taking temps varies quite a lot, which won't help you with a consistent pattern on the chart. Also, don't know if you temp orally or vaginally, but personally i find temping vaginally helps give less erratic readings. As for Ov on day 20, lots of women ov late! At the moment i vary between day 19-22. I also have a slightly short luteal phase. However i read an article about most succesful implantations taking place days 7-9. So we are still inwith a shot! As for your age, i can't comment on that (am 34), but i do know lots of women in their early 40s are still making babies, so don't count yourself out!!! As for when to try soy, dunno, at the moment i hasve a bottle of it in my drawer, but am holding out for a few more cycles before giving it a go. But i don't think you are mad for wanting to try it from day 1.

Here's to a BFP for you!

Fairybabe xx

Hey ladies
need some advice from you knowledgable ladies. I have a 30 day cycle and o'v on day 15 so that is not the problem but I was thinking of taking soy for egg quality or even releasing more than one egg per month to help my chances as I am 41. What does anyone think?? I am afraid to mess uo my cycle. Also is taking them day 5-9 the right times for egg quality. One final question where do you get it in the UK. I have seen it in holland and barrett it quotes 750mg tabs but the actual soy isoflavs is 23mg so I would take 5??
Thank you so much for al your advice- i really want to avoid having ivf in Sept but had a m/c in feb and getting really down about no BFP yet xx
p.s doc refused to give me clomid as i am still ovulating

I'll be honest with you... While it might help with improving egg quality... I don't think its worth the risk. Soy mostly just helps to force ovulation or make a stronger ovulation in the case of a short LP. If you're getting a CD15 O and a 15 day LP... It would likely screw up a good thing. I would absolutely pay good money for what you've got going on at the moment... and Soy could seriously spin it out of control. I truly, truly wouldn't! I know the things we'll do out of desperation... but I'd take a pass on this one.

In fairness, you're an adult... and I'm not your mom. So, I'm not going to tell you what to do. CD5-9 is the appropriate time to best help egg quality. As far as getting it in the UK, I'm not very good with that.

I wish you all the best of luck with whatever you decide! Buckets of baby dust to you! I hope you don't have to do the IVF! :hugs:

hi Megg
to be honest that seems to be the general opinion so i know you r right just getting desperate!!! hope you get your BFP soon and thanks for replying xx

Glitterqueen, I wholeheartedly agree with everything Megg said. I completely understand the need to try something...anything...to get pregnant. It feels so helpless not being in control of our bodies. However, I would steer clear of soy if I were you. I have a fairly regular cycle, but ovulate a bit late. I tried it and now my temps are erratic and my ovulation still hasn't been detected. It is the latest I've ever ovulated. I'm kind of kicking myself for trying it, but at the same time I know it works for other women. I'll be 36 in October and DH is 41. I don't feel like I have a lot of time either and after 2 mcs, I feel totally helpless at times. Has your OH gotten a sperm analysis? Have you had any other tests? What about trying something like pre-seed or soft cups? It sounds to me like you need something to make you feel more in control. Soy may not be the best route though. I really hope your BFP comes soon!

thanks heart tree for your reply/ experience/ I have had all the tests etc and so has oh everything is working fine, just my age against me as the doc put it but it wasn't my age 5 years ago when we started!! I had m/c in Feb so i know i can do it. We used pre seed last month and i use ov kit so i know i am ov and i do accu and tcm herbs so just patience now i suppose xx

Oh good, glad you've gotten everything checked out. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the mc was only in February. It can take a few cycles to fall pregnant again. You are doing everything right, I have a feeling you'll get there again. Patience is the hardest pill to swallow, isn't it??? By nature I'm a very patient person, but when it comes to ttc, I'm a wreck! Sometimes I feel like I'm not enjoying the present moment because I just want the next day to bring me good news. I keep trying to live for the future and have to remind myself to live in the present. Not sure I'll be able to do that until I have my healthy baby in my arms, but I try to remind myself nonetheless. Do you post in the Trying to Conceive After a Loss section? I think I've seen you there, but if not, please come over. We're all in the same boat.

xoxo

heart tree
i am so like you-normally very patient but with ttc- a nightmare- see you in ttc after a loss soon then hopefully we will be bump buddies soon xx

Would temping be something that would put you more in control? It would give you something new to get into and whatnot. I don't want to be a damper, and I'm sure you probably are ovulating, but ovulation kits can't tell you if you have actually ovulated or not. They can only tell you when its most likely to happen if its going to! Temping or an U/S are the only ways to confirm that you have actually ovulated. The other thing is that some people end up being very surprised by how long it takes the eggy to pop after they + OPK and are missing their window because they weren't temping. Just an idea!

I'd love to see you over in TTCAL... although, I wish you didn't have to be there! :hugs:

Good point Megg. Glitter, I temp and it has been invaluable for me. I never realized I ovulated as late as I did until I started charting my temps. Once I figured that out, I got pregnant right away.

I look forward to seeing you in the other forum. And like Megg said, I wish you didn't have to be there.

xoxo

Hi Sparkly & thanks :)

I think I'm convinced that I'm not 'too' old (yet), of course my guy thinks he's too old for everything - but he's not :blush:
I can pretty well guarantee he will never go for a sperm analysis, and I will be making an appt within a few weeks, though I might wait until I get a round of soy through my system to get an idea if it does anything for me, and if so - what it does for me

Thanks for chiming in & good luck with your upcoming surgery :hugs:
(I peeked @ your journal)

hi islechick and welcome
I took a look at your chart and I'm afraid I have to agree with Megg, i can't see a clear temp shift so it's unlikely that you have ovulated hun. There is nothing wrong in you wanting a baby at your age, I am older than you btw,(40)) and my DH is about to turn 47. Maybe a few tests on you both would be a good idea? Probably be just a few blood tests and a SA on hubby. At least you would know what's going on then.

xx

It does sound like you were meant to read my post - thank you! :hi:

I guess at my/our ages it's hard to read about younger ladies who are freaking out after not falling pregnant after 1-2 months of trying, then it again it's really difficult to read about teenagers who don't want kids or crack addicts, etc getting pregnant over & over and you wonder.....hmmmm - what am I doing wrong? If I was a crack head would I get preg? :wacko:
sore spot, sorry - rant off

Hi all,

I've lurked around here for a long time, registered in Feb and still have lurked :)

I've read through just over 100 pages so far (over a few days, of course) whenever I had time to sit down & do so.

I have some soy on order from iHerb (love that place!) that hopefully will be arriving this coming week. CD8 starts in about 30 mins so I obviously won't be trying that until next cycle (if there is one, which there probably will be).

I've read about the reasons for taking it like days 3-7, 4-8, 5-9 (better eggs), but I also was looking at days 1-5 for the "possibility" of twins.

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on that and also, is there anyone here who has gotten a BFP who is older? Like - 38 or more?

I'm 39, and even if I fell pregnant this cycle, I'd be hitting my 40th come my due date, my fella is now 60 himself (he has no children at all). We've been hoping, not using any birth control for just over 5 yrs now, I did temp for about a yr w/mommymaker - no joy there, and trying to hit the times I figured I was ovulating (which now seems like I was waaaayyyy off) This really is our last chance I believe, given our ages, at having a baby and if it doesn't happen soon, that it's not going to happen at all.

Last cycle was my first back at temping and using tcoyf and, no joy either. The software said I ovulated on CD20 which shocked me as it seemed much later than I thought it would, and if I go according to that, I have *just* a 10 day LP (I say just because I woke up with my period so...it was "just")

I'm taking EPO (till ovulation) then flax oil after, should my period arrive (which I don't doubt it will) - my soy will be here & I'll start on that for 5 days.

I don't have enough posts yet to add a link to my chart, and my signature doesn't show up (maybe because I put a link to my chart in it?) I do think it shows on my profile page though (don't know, shows for me).

So, in the end I guess my questions are - am I crazy for wanting to try soy days 1-5? Thoughts? Am I crazy for even trying to have a baby at our ages? Has anyone of approx my age managed to get pregnant on soy?

Also, if you can see a link to my chart in my profile (assuming it won't show in my signature) - does my chart look as "blah" to someone in the know as it does to me?

Thanks in advance for any help/thoughts/ideas you can throw our way.

Hey
If you are nuts at 39 i am off the scale at 41-so don't ever thinkyou are too old!!! I am toying with idea of soy as well. I got p/g in feb with tcm but m/c so we can still do it! I have lurked a lot here as well seems i was meant to read your post!! I am thinking of days 5-9 for egg quality. My oh wasn't keen on tests either but he eventually gave inxx hope we get a BFP soon xx

Thanks Fairybabe,

Yeah my problems with temping are...
1 - I work from home and have no set schedule - so I set the alarm for 7.30, even if I don't get up just to make sure I take my temp
2 - there are days though that I need to be up earlier than 7.30 - so I have to temp earlier
3 - there are days when, for whatever reason I just do not get up at 7.30 to temp & I temp as soon as I wake up, then there's the odd day (like today) where I can't temp at all because I did not sleep (or didn't sleep long enough)

I did think about temping vaginally and I know you aren't supposed to change mid-cycle, so I told myself - oh, I'll do it vag next one - then I promptly forgot :dohh:

I think I'm going to just stick to adjusting my temps by .05 for each 1/2 hour variance and see if that doesn't make them look, well, more sensible
Actually, I was thinking about going back & doing it with my previous chart and adjusting this one also - I think it would really be more accurate than all the "disturbances" that tcoyf sticks in there

Thank you & loads of dust to you
:dust:

Hey Islechik.
Just had a look at your chart, am absolutely no expert, but there was no clear temp shift. I also found the chart quite hard to follow. I find the Fertility Friend one a lot easier. Also, i noticed that your time for taking temps varies quite a lot, which won't help you with a consistent pattern on the chart. Also, don't know if you temp orally or vaginally, but personally i find temping vaginally helps give less erratic readings. As for Ov on day 20, lots of women ov late! At the moment i vary between day 19-22. I also have a slightly short luteal phase. However i read an article about most succesful implantations taking place days 7-9. So we are still inwith a shot! As for your age, i can't comment on that (am 34), but i do know lots of women in their early 40s are still making babies, so don't count yourself out!!! As for when to try soy, dunno, at the moment i hasve a bottle of it in my drawer, but am holding out for a few more cycles before giving it a go. But i don't think you are mad for wanting to try it from day 1.

Here's to a BFP for you!

Fairybabe xx

I've often wondered if I'd have 3 kids already if only I had a crack habit. I really, really have. Of course, I don't even consider giving it a try... but I do wonder! :(

I know right?
Never ceases to amaze me that people in such poor condition seem to fall pregnant by thinking about sex, if that happened to me - I'd be running a day care centre! (turned into a horny old bugger in my "older" age - ie: my 30's...haha)
My guy swears I'm going to kill him one day :blush:

I've often wondered if I'd have 3 kids already if only I had a crack habit. I really, really have. Of course, I don't even consider giving it a try... but I do wonder! :(

I just want to say that I LOVE soy!!!

My periods have always been all over the place, I've never had a cycle less than 60 days, but after taken soy I've just had a 33 day cycle, I actually feel normal!! I defo reccomend it to anyone with dodgy cycles!! xx

I just want to say that I LOVE soy!!!

My periods have always been all over the place, I've never had a cycle less than 60 days, but after taken soy I've just had a 33 day cycle, I actually feel normal!! I defo reccomend it to anyone with dodgy cycles!! xx

I loove soy too, after I am using SI I had a 27 days cycle and my last one was 26 days. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->