Anybody else due in October?

wow! your first scan is not till march?? is that normal?

I'm an ultrasound technician and yes that's very normal. As long as her bloodwork is fine and she doesn't have bleeding or severe cramping, or previous miscarriages it's very normal. They want to ve able to see the heartbeat. Sometimes when it's done too early it can be a bit disappointing and alot of the times moms don't really know when they ovulated and start panicing if everything is not on point.

I'm an ultrasound technician and yes that's very normal. As long as her bloodwork is fine and she doesn't have bleeding or severe cramping, or previous miscarriages it's very normal. They want to ve able to see the heartbeat. Sometimes when it's done too early it can be a bit disappointing and alot of the times moms don't really know when they ovulated and start panicing if everything is not on point.

That's so neat that ur a U/S tech! you can check on your pumpkin anytime lol.

That's so neat that ur a U/S tech! you can check on your pumpkin anytime lol.[/QUOT

i wanna scan and see if i see a gestational sac at 5 wks exactly since my first scan won't be til 9 weeks. Yeah i can already see myself :winkwink:

i see a lot of you ladies have your first appointment coming up...have any other of you october girlies had a scan yet??

I've had my first doctors appointment - but no idea when I'll get a scan. Currently working on persuading OH to pay for an early scan at about 9 weeks. He wants to wait until we are referred to midwife......think I will win in the end though!

I'm due Oct 10th :yipee:

& I'm definately paying for an early scan at about 8 weeks as I won't get one until 12ish.

Never been pg before or had a m/c so they don't put me at high risk but it's taken over 2 1/2 years to get to this point & so I just don't want to wait.

Hoping eveyone has a h&h about 8ish months left :happydance:

xx

Welcome! I think I'm going to get an early scan as well. :) this is our first and I'm so excited to see baby.

Hi guys I'm due 14th october when do u find out wen ur first scan is? I was at docs on Monday but he don't tell me a date he just said I'd get. Letter is that normal? And has any of u had that or should I call up ? I'm Also scared of all the bad things u hear I just hope I make it okey I need to stop worrying xx

Hey Sunshine

Firstly Congratulations :yipee:

I think the date of your scan depends on where in the world you are and whether you are classed as high risk, I can see you're in Scotland but I can only say what I know about England, not sure if yours will be the same.

Here we get a scan at about 11-13 weeks usually, unless there is a history of miscarriage (I think its 3 now before they would say there's a problem). If you want to you can get a scan privately from 7 weeks, & they cost between £50-£100 in England.

But yep you generally just have to wait for them to get in touch with you, just try & keep busy lol!

xxx

Hey Sunshine

Firstly Congratulations :yipee:

I think the date of your scan depends on where in the world you are and whether you are classed as high risk, I can see you're in Scotland but I can only say what I know about England, not sure if yours will be the same.

Here we get a scan at about 11-13 weeks usually, unless there is a history of miscarriage (I think its 3 now before they would say there's a problem). If you want to you can get a scan privately from 7 weeks, & they cost between £50-£100 in England.

But yep you generally just have to wait for them to get in touch with you, just try & keep busy lol!

xxx

Over here in Connecticut it depends on your the doctor you go to. Some docs see you at 5 weeks to do bloodwork/medical history/early scan .....unless your high risk mine wont see me until 7 weeks and scan 8-10 weeks.

Hi, I'm due on my birthday 22nd Oct !!! just got my BFP today at 8-9 DPO so I'm a bit shocked ! Congrats to all !! :flower:

I'm due October 10th...I think! maybe be earlier as my digital test said 3+ on it. So I may be a couple days earlier than I thought. We'll see. Congrats everyone? Who's having their first?

I'm due October 4th! My MIL birthday! My first appt is March 1st...at the beginning of week 10 for me. Strange, with my first, that doctor wanted to see you as soon as you poas practically but this one is so lax about it! Even stranger - my 2 drs went to school together!

When did you test Jac & what does your digi test say under the word pregnant?

mine just said pregnant then 2-3 underneath, but yours seems to have another word & it's the same brand??

xx

When did you test Jac & what does your digi test say under the word pregnant?

mine just said pregnant then 2-3 underneath, but yours seems to have another word & it's the same brand??

xx

I tested with a no name brand on the 30th of Jan, and I tested with clearblue digital yesterday (feb 7th) it says 3+ underneath. both positive. If you mean the word directly under pregnant, it's "pregnant" in French. i live in Canada so everything has French and English on it...(not sure if it's the same in all English speaking Countries)

Hi ladies! I got my BFP yesterday and am due on October 14th :)

Have any of you October ladies spread the word yet?

We told my MIL and now everyone knows...when they ask how far along I am I tell them and they are always like, "Oh, well that's a little early to tell people!" and "Don't count your chickens." and "I wouldn't have told anyone, it's so early!"

I didn't really intend for everyone to know yet but that's how it's happened!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->