• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone Breastfeeding and TTC or NTNP?

I like it here better. lol and technically not trying trying till my daughter turns 2 in September. I just checked out that link right before you posted again. I decided I should right my birth story too on my TTC journal. The birth pool was AMAZING the best decision I could have made for my labor. I've heard it's a totally different experience. It feels so good to be in the water with the wait of your belly off of you. I really hope you can enjoy that experience as much as I did. :) As for O symptoms that's what I keep telling my self to it's just sucky to feel uncomfortable you know? I just like feel NORMAL lol I guess I got to use to not having to even think about it for the last 2 years. :haha:

Hi MandaAnda, welcome! To be honest I tend to stay away from the TTC forums as they can get a bit frantic at times. I spent a lot of time there when TTC my first and learned so much as I was totally clueless about my cycle after being on the pill for ten years. But now trying for my second I am definitely taking the more relaxed approach and when it happens it happens.

Hopefully your period will come back now that you are off the mini-pill. How long are you planning to breast-feed for?

Thanks for the welcome, Polaris!

I plan on breastfeeding for as long as my little one wants. I'd love to make it to two years! As I always say, I'm sure he'll stop by the time he starts uni. :winkwink:

I heard that you have a 30% less likely hood of getting breast cancer if you breast feed 2 years. Keep on! :) MandaAnda What's uni?

See this is exactly what I am talking about!! My Ovulation Chart My stupid erratic temping too! I KNOW I am not ovulating yet this month the same thing happened last month. It's really annoying.

Hey ladies!!

Another BFer here. I've been wondering how its going to affect things this time too and its been great to read what you've all said about how your little ones are BFing and your weaning plans. Mine are pretty much the same and like Polaris I'm hoping that pregnancy will get my little monster to self wean. She really only has an evening feed and the occasional one during the day so its not too much and she only gets BF in her bedroom though sometimes if she's tired she'll pull at me saying "bed, Boat" which thankfully nobody but me and DH realise means boob lol

I think that I'm having a fairly normal cycle but I think I might try opks next cycle to see better.

good luck to everyone!!

I'm another bf'ing TTC'er (class myself as NTNP) I'm still waiting for AF to return, but secretly hoping to "catch the first egg".:thumbsup: I've only had two periods in the last 2 1/2 years, and wouldn't mind going for even longer. I'm still breastfeeding both of my sons, and between the two, I probably feed 12-16 times a day. No wonder I'm 20 lbs under pre-pregnancy weight! :shock: I am sooo longing for another baby, but I'm not going to wean either of my boys until they're ready. It's nice to know I'm not alone!

I think we are going to get along well. :thumbup: You sound like me! :hugs: lol We were talking about that before. How old are you willing for them to be before trying to wean? If any.. I think that's why I haven't gotten pregnant in the last 8 months. I was pumping for a baby as well as feeding my own. I am now like 30 pds under weight. It's a great weight loss program. lol Did you breastfeed all the way thru your pregnancy?? I have been wondering about that. Polaris recommended Vitex (angus cantus) berry herbal supplement. My cycles have been SO crazy and I am hoping that will help. It's actually already seem to take effect helping lower my progestrone and up my LH hormone. :thumbup: So hopefully we atleast see a change in my cycle. That would be nice.

Ps. do you have you Home birth story/ies somewhere?? I would love to hear about your experience!

I think we are going to get along well. :thumbup: You sound like me! :hugs: lol We were talking about that before. How old are you willing for them to be before trying to wean? If any.. I think that's why I haven't gotten pregnant in the last 8 months. I was pumping for a baby as well as feeding my own. I am now like 30 pds under weight. It's a great weight loss program. lol Did you breastfeed all the way thru your pregnancy?? I have been wondering about that. Polaris recommended Vitex (angus cantus) berry herbal supplement. My cycles have been SO crazy and I am hoping that will help. It's actually already seem to take effect helping lower my progestrone and up my LH hormone. :thumbup: So hopefully we atleast see a change in my cycle. That would be nice.

Ps. do you have you Home birth story/ies somewhere?? I would love to hear about your experience!

I would really prefer them to self wean. I have such a hard time saying no to DS1, I have given up saying no to him. I do try to distract him with other things, bit doesn't always work. I did bf throughout my entire pregnancy. It wasnt too bad for me, though there was a little nipple soreness in the beginning.

I might give in and start taking Vitex, let me know how it works for you!

I do have my homebirth in the birth story section. Its on the first page, or you can just press on this link

I feel that it is already made a difference in my temps. I dropped down .5 degrees in the last week. (lowest it's been in months) which mean progesterone is lower and LH hormone is higher good chance of conceiving. :) One can hope. XX

Hey everyone,
good to see a few new faces!

Silverpenny - very impressed with your success in tandem feeding - and only two periods in two and a half years! That would be very cool if you caught the first egg and AF stayed away for another year!

Lalita's charm - LOL at "bed, boat". Thomas uses the hand sign for milk. If people don't know the sign then they think he is waving at them, LOL.

Well I am 8 dpo I think, and no spotting yet this cycle which is good news. We avoided BD at my fertile time this month so I'm not pregnant, but I'll be really happy with a longer LP and less pre-AF spotting. Taking B-vitamins and Vitex.

hi lalitas charm looks like all our kids are around the same age. Fun fun!! So how are your hubbies feeling about the idea of another baby? My hubby keeps going back and forth.. He wants another baby. But he is unsure about the timing. He wants to make sure it's right for her too. She has been coming up to me and putting her hand on my tummy then saying,"Baby in you tummy mama?" And I feel bad telling her no there isn't. Then she goes on to tell me, "Baby in MY tummy mama." lol Cutie. I dunno I really miss having a little one. My daughter is SO independent! It's hard to get her to let me coddle her anymore.

lol the signing Polaris!! He's so clever and discreet!! :) Unfortunately this morning Bethan seems to have pretty much perfected "boob!" I can see much public embarasment in my future lol

Syllypoohbear - my DH has been going on about having another for quite some time, it has been me who has been a bit unsure. It would be fair to say that I'm not an advertisement for the joys of pregnancy........ I had a few problematic and painful symptoms and those combined with my DH being away triggered some antenatal depression which started to get a little out of hand near the end. So we're all a bit nervous about that (me in particular). I hate the thought of being in so much pain that I cant carry Bethan around etc. But my DH definitely wont be away this time for more than a few days at a time so it shouldn't get so bad.

BUT at least this time I'll be able to remind myself that I managed it once and I'll manage it again :)

The thing which made me become sure that it was the right thing to do now rather than wait any longer was our holiday last month. We stayed in a Villa and Bethan didn't have any other kiddies to play with. We were at a friend's wedding while we were away and there was a little girl who was 8 days older and she was over the moon to have a friend and they ran around together all evening having a ball. Then at the airport there were 2 boys aged 2.5 and 4.5 who were playing tag around the departure lounge. Bethan joined in and the 3 of them were in hysterics running about the place like mad things!! It was brilliant. If she tripped over they'd throw themselves down beside her and roll around. I would say that they were 2 of the nicest children I've ever come across as they were so gentle with Bethan even though they were much bigger. I think those 2 times were the highlights of her holiday.

Sorry such a long post!!!

ntnp is right for us as I'm a bit nervous and dont need to be stressed out TTC before starting the trials of pregnancy.

My OH is on board with it, he thinks it will happen straight away and keeps calculating when the baby would be due. I keep telling him it might not be as simple as that!

Cool cool. Good to hear. I think it's funny when the hunny wants kids more then we do.. lol It just seems like most of the time women are the ones "ticking". But I guess there are always exceptions. I love my hubby and I love ntnp. It's so freeing.

Hello! Mind if I join you all? I'm currently nursing my 21 month old daughter Alice, and we've been hoping to start TTC since she turned 1. My first AF finally showed up in April, and I'm just at the end of my third one. I seem to be ovulating, but my luteal phases are very short - 4 days in April, 5 days in May, and this month it was 9 days, so it's going the right way!

Everyone around me seems to be pregnant lately, which is making it harder to stay relaxed. I'm trying to focus on the idea that my body will conceive when it's ready. Not always easy though! It's nice to meet others in the same boat who won't immediately tell me to wean.

Hello ladies :)
I am also ttc and b'fing. For us, our age is the issue - we are mid 30's and we know we want at least one more, so we have been ttc since dd was 4 months old. I have only just had my first pp af - which finished today - so i am hoping my body will just return to normal and we will not take another 8 months. My dd still feeds a lot during the day and sometimes during the night.
Hope we are all pregnant sooner rather than later! xx

Welcome Tacey and Mork! :hi:

Tacey that is very good news that your LP is lengthening. Have you tried any supplements to help? I am taking B6 and Agnus Castus this month and I definitely think it is helping as I am 10 dpo now and not even spotting yet, whereas last month I started spotting at about 4 dpo.

Mork, I am 36 and I know exactly what you mean about time pressure, I do keep telling myself to relax and that it will happen when it happens. I got pregnant quickly on Thomas so that must be a good sign too right?

Lalitas - your last pregnancy sounds like a very difficult experience. :hugs: But as you say, you got through it, and there is no reason that things should necessarily be the same next time round. Each pregnancy is unique and affects you in a different way, so you never know you might be symptom free and enjoy every minute of it. My mum had a wonderful first pregnancy on me and then the pregnancy on my brother was a nightmare so you can't necessarily predict from past experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->