Anyone Breastfeeding and TTC or NTNP?

Yay lalita's charm, congratulations! Hope that line gets stronger tomorrow, I'm sure it will! How many dpo do you think you are? I just noticed that your little girl shares a birthday with Thomas, hopefully that is a lucky sign that I will get my BFP this month too!

How is everyone else doing? I think I'm 3 dpo today so it's just a waiting game now to see if AF arrives.

Great news Lalitas charm! I'm sure you'll get a lovely dark line tomorrow.

I'm at the thoroughly dull part of my cycle. AF tailing off now at CD5. On the upside, AF came after a 12 day long luteal phase. Finally! Feeling good about this cycle.

Fingers crossed you'll be getting that BFP in the next week or two Polaris!

Tacey, that's great news about the 12 day LP. Hope this is your month! I actually sort of enjoy the 'dull' bit of the cycle in the lead up to ovulation - don't have to worry about BD or symptom spotting and can just forget about TTC (I know I'm supposed to be NTNP so shouldn't be worrying about those things anyway, but easier said than done!). I have long cycles and don't ovulate until CD 20 or later, so I have a good couple of weeks 'off' after AF!

Congrats lalitascharm!
I am cd7 on cycle 2 since af returned, but lp seems to only be 7 days :( How long did your lp's take to get back to 14 days?
x

Congrats lalitascharm!
I am cd7 on cycle 2 since af returned, but lp seems to only be 7 days :( How long did your lp's take to get back to 14 days?
x

I took 50 mg of B6 (with a B Complex vitamin) and Agnus Castus and it seemed to really make a difference to my LP.

Congrats lalitascharm!
x

Not at 14 days yet, but I think it can be 10 days at a minimum, so you aren't too far off. My LPs were 4 days, 6 days, 9 days and most recently 12 days, so going in the right direction! I think it really does vary for every woman though. If you're not seeing much improvement, you could consider a vitamin B6 supplement.

Polaris - I think that's a good way to think about it. I should take advantage of not having to think too much about TTC for a while!

I'm still here with no AF. Took a HPT the other day and it was a disappointing BFN. I couldn't help but take it out of the bin to check on it later :blush: Still no luck, though, not even an evap :p

Thanks all!! I did 2 more tests this morning and the lines got darker yay!!! :happydance: I think that I'm 13DPO now so got my first faint bfp at 12dpo..

I have absolutely no pregnancy symptoms whatsoever atm so I can't help with any symptoms spotting. I had some cramps which I thought were AF coming but must have been implantation but other than that I've very mild pains a little like the stretching pains I guess but even they could be more to do with my stupid digestive system lol. I am however pretending to be nauseous at bad smells so my hubby has to clean up the dog poo in our garden lmao!

Mork, I'm not really sure how long it took for my LP to get back to normal to be honest, but my cycle length was all over the show for a while until the last 6 months or so if that helps any.

I hope it is a good sign for you Polaris!! Fingers crossed!!

I am nursing once a day usually. but my daughter is also a comfort nurser so sometimes up to 3 times a day my first 2 periods were 36 days apart and the next was 35. I am now on cd 41 or 42 with all negative tests. I have really no sign of starting but have had bad mood swings starts 3 weeks ago. was going to wait till Monday to get a blood test but now thinking I will go get one tomorrow. I don't know what to do about my moods though..

Hi :flower:
I have been nursing Connor for 16 months and we are NTNP. We are down to 1 feed a day but it still seems to be messing with my LP.
My cycle is always 28 days, but I vary each month between 10- 14 day LP. I pretty sure it was only 10 days this cycle which would put me at 4 DPO.

Congrats Sylly and Lalitas. I hope everyone else gets their BFP soon!!

Baylee has been begging me to nurse. lately. She tells me, "one mo time mama." It's really cute.. But my husband and I made an agreement that nursing is for nigh-night time.. It's stinky but I think she's getting use to it...

We went to morning and evening feeds about 6 months ago. Bethan has been going to nursery since she was 8 months old for 3 days a week and refuses to take a bottle of anything not even ebm, the only drink she'll take other than nursing is water. I used to let her nurse on demand at night but I was getting so tired. I started only nursing once during the night and then after doing that for about 4 weeks I didn't nurse at all during the night and only after 6am and then once during the day. Now she doesn't look for the morning nurse but likes one during the day and her bedtime nurse. Now that I'm pregnant again I'm going to take the next 3 months and get her off the breast altogether around her birthday as I dont want her trying to lay claim to my boobs when this baby arrives, that could create mayhem as she is a determined little soul!!

I scanned through since it was 10 pages long LOL But Im TTC and still nursing #2. I got pregnant with my second when me first was 3 months old (I had serious trouble BFing her). I posted over on the TWW board, so I hate to repeat myself lol, but I feel like this is my month! I am getting round ligament pain and have sooo much cramping and CM already. And my CP is almost out of reach!
I had to use OPKs to pinpoint ovulation, but it still was positive on two different dates. I thinking BFing is making me start and stop ovulating. Hope it took!
This morning I took a super sensitive HPT since I am between 8 and 5 DPO and it was a very faint line. Trying to not get too excited.

Welcome. I also had similar problems with my cycle seemed to get positive OPKs twice during the month. I would have a build but I found out it was my second build that was ovulation. Hope this is your month. :)

Im assuming the second positive was the actual ovulation, so Im going by those dates. Im making myself nutty tho by peeing on OPK tests just to pee on something. Positive last night, negative this morning. Oye! LOL

Out of curiosity, Sylly, did you have any "extra" symptoms before you got your BFP since you are breastfeeding?

I had sex dreams... and tender breasts but that's about it.. lol

Oh my goodness, I've just got a BFP............15 DPO. At 11 DPO I noticed some cramping and a small pale red patch on the loo paper and thought that my LP had shortened down to 11 days or that I was mid cycle spotting.......anyhow, no period came and no more spotting. My husband is looking forward to sharing a bottle of bubbly and having a special night tomorrow, so I just decided to do a test to make sure that it was negative.....it wasn't!!!!!
Blimey!!! I wasn't expecting this at all and am totally delighted. Not sure how my husband is going to react in the first instance though...........well, he'll be home in 45 mins so not long to wait to find out...........
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congrats!! :) :) And welcome to the other side. lol ;) That's wonderful hope it goes well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->