Anyone due around August 19th?

My big order of baby stuff turned up this morning :D we are nipping into town in a bit to get some more bibs and another pack of nappies and then weve got everything! Although im now starting to worry that ill get bored now all the baby shopping is done! So ill just have to keep busy putting it all together and cleaning and washing everything :D ooo i wish time would go faster! I can't wait to have my little man here! xx

Congrats on getting everything sorted! :happydance: That's actually what I've been afraid of...Once I'm finished buying everything I'm afraid I'll get bored waiting for Liam to get here. I've already finished washing the clothes so I just need to wash most of the bedding/blankets. Wish time would go a little faster! I feel ready for him to be here now...mostly! :haha:

Hehehe yeah I went on ANOTHER baby shopping spree today :) I couldn't help myself. My nesting just won't stop!! I sure wish time would speed up :) Is it just me or did time come to a screeching halt now that I'm in the 3rd tri?! Whats the deal? I at least want to me over 30 weeks! Get me out of the 20's please!!

Sorry ive been quiet took me ages to find this since they have moved it.

Well i am totally fedup today my spd has gone into overdrive and heartburn is killing me.

Just needed to rant hahaha.

Hope everyone else is doing well x

My new tumble dryer turned up this morning! As excited as I was, I really wish it hadn't come at 07:15! Right in the middle of my DDs breakfast and I was still in my jammies! Xx

OMG I have been having HORRIBLE heartburn too! I guess I got lucky up until this point I didn't really have any other than the odd case, but now it's pretty constant and the only thing that helps is milk. This baby better have a lot of hair when he comes out :haha:

Urgh!! Heartburn and a pain in the butt pelvis, I sympathise, these are doing my head in too. Im finding sleeping really difficult, and painfull.
Anyone else really feel heavily pregnant on hitting the 6 month mark? Tiredness has really kicked in in the last week, so has breathlessness walking up the stairs, and then also feeling emotional. Whats going on? Or is it simply lack of sleep?

Now my rant is over...hi everyone :flower: he he he

Hello ladies! Big news, we have a nursery!!! DH spent all weekend moving the furniture and I am over the moon with it!! Feels very very real now, just can't wait for my little girl to arrive to see her new room <3

As for heart burn I can sympathise, I am getting it every evening now although so far not too intense so I can put up with it, too excited to let it get me down :dance:

Hello ladies! Big news, we have a nursery!!! DH spent all weekend moving the furniture and I am over the moon with it!! Feels very very real now, just can't wait for my little girl to arrive to see her new room :love:

As for heart burn I can sympathise, I am getting it every evening now although so far not too intense so I can put up with it, too excited to let it get me down :dance:

It does make it very real when the nursery starts coming together....I bet you'll keep going for a peek like I do!!

As for heartburn, I suffered with it for weeks between 1st & 2nd tri and now I've been having a few days with horrible acid coming up into my throat...yuk!

It does make it very real when the nursery starts coming together....I bet you'll keep going for a peek like I do!!

I can not walk past without popping my head in! :haha:

Just noticed on my ticker I only have 80 days left! I am like a kid on Christmas Eve :dance:

Loubyroo- How exciting!! I cant wait to have the nursery all set up! It will seem so much more real!!

SOOOOO today I had my 27 week check up at the doctor and got a lecture :wacko: about my weight gain! Has anyone else been told this, or am I the only heffer!!

My weight began at 122 pounds, I ran 6 days a week and worked out quite a bit. Obviously since Im getting bigger I haven't been able to run (without peeing) so I just swim and walk! Anyways I am Definitely NOT watching what I am eating BUT I am not really eating everything in sight either. I have gained 19 pounds so far. If, I gain a pound a week, like the doctor recommends I will be at 32 pounds. I will still be under the recommended 35 pounds, however the doctor said... every pound after 20 pounds is all fat. And you MUST gain 1 pound a week for a health baby, which = 12 pounds of fat... So I responded and said, I would change my ice cream habit to frozen yogurt! She said "well its your body" LOL.

Honestly, I don't really care too much I don't think that 12 pounds of fat is the end of the world... Im more concerned for a healthy baby. I will start watching more what I eat.... but at the same time if Im hungry, Im eating.

As anyone else experienced this??

Oh other than that she said baby girl is healthy :happydance: and measuring perfect in size (Just not me LOL).

@momofadane
Crikey, your doc seems a tad hard on the weight gain issue. I'm no expert at all but it seems a bit much saying anything over 20 pounds is fat....it doesn't leave much hope for any of us!! I've seen some of those weight gain charts for pregnancy and I've not seen any that give an end weight so low. I'm on atleast a 14 pound gain so far and have been eating as before and exercising 5 days a week!
I don't know what everyone elses experience is.....
xx

I think your doc sounds harsh. I'm not far off at 15lbs just shy of 28wks. Haven't eaten any more but can only do very limited exercise due to pelvic pain. As long as you feel fit and healthy then I would say don't worry x

Momofadane- your doc does sound pretty harsh about the weight gain, especially since it sounds like you were thin pre pregnancy. I wouldn't be concerned with the number on the scale more so how you feel! IMO I'd rather gain a couple extra pounds than not enough it if means a healthy baby. My experience so far with my midwife is the complete opposite from you. I have a history of an eating disorder, so when I started gaining weight quickly my midwife reassured me it was normal and healthy to do so, and not to worry about it. Once my weight hit the 18-20 pound gain, she advised me not to look at the scale at my appointments or not get weighed at all. She says she would rather a healthy stress free mom than a mom who is stressed about weight gain. Plus everyone gains at different speeds too. I chose just to turn around and not look at the scale and she reassures me every week that I'm doing great, and would only mention my weight if it was concerning. I couldn't imagine being told otherwise! Maybe you can mention to your dr that you are sensitive to the weight comments, and to only mention something if your health is in jeopardy. I think you are doing great so far regardless of what your doc has said!

Thanks for the feedback ladies!!! I'm not too worried about it, as long as baby girl is healthy I figured I am fine. Don't get me wrong, my belly isn't the ONLY thing growing!! But, other than eating too much Ice cream Im perfectly healthy!! I got all my labs back yesterday (glucose testing, thyroid which I have hypothyroid, and not anemic) everything looks perfect!!!

Thanks for the feedback ladies!!! I'm not too worried about it, as long as baby girl is healthy I figured I am fine. Don't get me wrong, my belly isn't the ONLY thing growing!! But, other than eating too much Ice cream Im perfectly healthy!! I got all my labs back yesterday (glucose testing, thyroid which I have hypothyroid, and not anemic) everything looks perfect!!!

Glad you're healthy though! I figure that stuff is more important anyway. I've gained 24 lbs so far. :nope: It's not too much that I've been eating badly but I haven't been able to exercise at all. I get severe pelvic pain from even walking short distances. It's a little depressing, but I know I can work it off after the baby is here since I was very active before getting pregnant. :thumbup:

Glad you're healthy though! I figure that stuff is more important anyway. I've gained 24 lbs so far. :nope: It's not too much that I've been eating badly but I haven't been able to exercise at all. I get severe pelvic pain from even walking short distances. It's a little depressing, but I know I can work it off after the baby is here since I was very active before getting pregnant. :thumbup:

Yeah, I was working out a lot prior to getting pregnant. Then I started bleeding the first trimester which scared me half to death so I took it easy. I still try and stay somewhat active, but nothing like I was before.

Ladies! Sorry I've been MIA! Ive been trying to get ready for my wedding coming up!

I'm super nervous because I went to the Dr today and told her about some pain I have been having. I'm not sure if they were contractions, braxton hicks or gas pain! She decided to check my cervix and told me it was soft which it shouldn't be yet at only 29 weeks. They did an ffn test to see if I will go into labor within 2 weeks so I'm waiting for those results. .

Wedding will be off if it comes back positive :(

Thanks <3

Still waiting on the ffn results.. I think I should know by tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->