anyone due August 2011?

hi ladies i'm looking for a little advice, after I have something to eat my blood pressuse drops down really low like 86/43 with a heart rate of 71 bpm has anyone else experienced this and if so what was the outcome. I see my midwife on thursday and I will ask her

For those who were following my friend's twins progress (they were born via c section at 23 weeks), Tabitha passed away at 3am on December 24th in her mother's arms :cry:

So sorry to hear this, thoughts and prayers are going her way.

so tired...but just wanted to pop in and say hello! Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
Addie-I hear it's a blizzard out there!

Dimples: Yes we had a blizzard here. It looks beautiful but we are stuck in the house. It is no longer snowing so maybe by tonight if all the roads are clear we can go out.

Vent to follow:

We told the in-laws on the 23rd of December. They were very excited. We also told DH's grandparents, 2 aunts, 1 uncle, 1 cousin, and 2 siblings. That's like his whole "immediate" extended family......

We didn't tell my extended family as of yet b/c they're too big and talk too much!! Just the parents for now & some friends. I have about 30 FIRST cousins, 9 uncles, 10 aunts!
So we'll wait another month or so to tell all of them!

so........

I kinda flipped on my FIL about 2 days after we told him. He was PISSING me off at christmas dinner in my BIL's house. He kept bitching about the fact that my work (an international governmental organization) doesn't staff its workforce with a majority of US citizens. I was trying to explain to him that my workplace is not allowed to b/c we're "required" to have a mix of all cultures in certain percentages etc... and so thus have a very eclectic workforce and by default don't have a lot of staff that care about US politics b/c they're here on work visas from other countries b/c that's how we're set up as an organization...

him: "well, if they're in the US, they should care about US politics."
me: "why? They don't get to vote, they don't get to speak their opinions. Like me! I don't get to vote!" (I'm just a greencard holder aka landed permanent resident for another year before I can apply for citizenship).
him: "well, you care about politics! You and DH like Obama somehow too!!" (We're the black sheep of the family. Everyone else is a Republican and they don't like that we don't agree with them and so whenever politics comes up, they feel the need to show us the error of our hippie/misguided ways!!)

Anyway, I started getting really upset about the fact that he kept going on and on about how all these people in my company should have a stance on US politics or care about it simply b/c they live here even if they're only going to be working in the country for 2-3 years....SO I got up from the dinner table (it was really only us two left sitting at this point) and said,

me: "I can't talk about this anymore. It's really stressing me and I don't want to discuss it anymore" and then broke down and cried in the other room.

My DH went to him right after and said "why are you doing this? she's already stressed as it is!" and came to comfort me...

My FIL apologized later and said he wasn't trying to upset me and I said "it's okay"

Since then, I've been feeling guilty that maybe I over reacted.... I texted him last night saying that I'm sorry my hormones got the best of me. He responded with "Merry Christmas :o)"

I usually get along with him great. But I couldn't just walk away from this discussion that we always have when it comes to politics..... DH refuses to discuss it normally with them b/c they always feel they have to convince us that we're wrong and misguided and can't take the fact that we simply don't agree and it's okay to NOT agree on this!

sigh..

I just feel like the whole weekend and the big BFP announcement was tainted by it b/c of all the tears I shed this weekend.

I cried another time in front of his mom. I'm just learning to drive stick (Yes, I'm 26... and on top of it, I only got my drivers license about 6 months ago!! I have always lived in a very metro-accessible city til now. We still live in a major city but the system sucks here... So as it is, I'm generally nervous about driving an automatic but at least it's easier than a manual! And "my car", which we bought off DH's sister is a manual SUV that I'm now learning to drive so it feels like I'm re-learning everything!).

Anyway, on Christmas eve, my FIL/MIL/SIL/DH all decided that I should be the one to drive in our SUV in the DARK, in an area I've never driven before, despite being WITHOUT my glasses! It's been over a month since my last "lesson" with DH and I was so nervous about the fact that I'd be driving another family member as well! I wasn't even asked, I was told. It just felt like a lot of pressure all at once and so I broke down.

So in total:
- I cried on Christmas Eve (about being pressured to drive everyone and wasn't asked, but told to; DH in the end did it and we agreed that I was too nervous to do it! I've only driven in an industrial area near our house so far & not even on the small streets in our neighborhood!!!)
- I cried on Christmas Day (when I argued with my FIL).

Bummed still.. I feel like I ruined their excitement about our pregnancy now....

So sorry you had such a time over Christmas Liz :( When it comes to politics and family (especially with all the crazy emotions we have) the outcome is never good! Just remember you have something incredibly special to be excited about and no argument or comment can take that away. Some people just get carried away with their own ideas and forget this time should be about us!

@ reversal this is the best thing I could find that may help you.

■Low blood pressure after eating (postprandial hypotension). Postprandial hypotension is a sudden drop in blood pressure after eating. It affects mostly older adults.

Just as gravity pulls blood to your feet when you stand, a large amount of blood flows to your digestive tract after you eat. Ordinarily, your body counteracts this by increasing your heart rate and constricting certain blood vessels to help maintain normal blood pressure. But in some people these mechanisms fail, leading to dizziness, faintness and falls. Postprandial hypotension is more likely to affect people with high blood pressure or autonomic nervous system disorders such as Parkinson's disease. Lowering the dose of blood pressure drugs and eating small, low-carbohydrate meals may help reduce symptoms.

@ reversal this is the best thing I could find that may help you.

■Low blood pressure after eating (postprandial hypotension). Postprandial hypotension is a sudden drop in blood pressure after eating. It affects mostly older adults.

Just as gravity pulls blood to your feet when you stand, a large amount of blood flows to your digestive tract after you eat. Ordinarily, your body counteracts this by increasing your heart rate and constricting certain blood vessels to help maintain normal blood pressure. But in some people these mechanisms fail, leading to dizziness, faintness and falls. Postprandial hypotension is more likely to affect people with high blood pressure or autonomic nervous system disorders such as Parkinson's disease. Lowering the dose of blood pressure drugs and eating small, low-carbohydrate meals may help reduce symptoms.
Tankyou I was at the doctors yesterday he's treating me with antibiotics for a water infection and sending me for a scan on thursday just to check theres nothing wrong with buds as I had mmc in august its probably more to put my mind at rest :hugs:

no! except that I'm super bloated all the time.

oh, and I fell asleep in my work's cafeteria today after lunch!! haha

Hi everybody, congratz to all of us who r preggies. I found out that I'm BFP on dec 23, I haven't gone to my dr yet but I'm positive that I'm pregnant. I already have four wonderful kids & married so this is my 5th pregnancy and from my calculation I'm due on august 22, 2011.

I'm Very nervous and have a lot of mixed emotion bcos my kids age are my son who is almost 12yrs old my girls ages are from 9,6 & 4. Well I wish everyone a good pregnancy and let's all give him all the praises and glory!!

Thnk u all

well I feel like crap! I have not had a BM in 6 days! I know that is TMI but I can't help it :) I had to go to ER yesterday b/c I felt like I was going to die they had to give me 2L of fluids. I hope all this feeling so sick is over soon :( good luck to the rest of you with all the symptoms!!!

did the hospital discuss a laxative or those over the counter enemas?

yes I just took a dulcolax tab I was just trying everything else before I took something I hate taking even tylenol when pregnant... I pray it works :(

well I feel like crap! I have not had a BM in 6 days! I know that is TMI but I can't help it :) I had to go to ER yesterday b/c I felt like I was going to die they had to give me 2L of fluids. I hope all this feeling so sick is over soon :( good luck to the rest of you with all the symptoms!!!

I am sorry you are not feeling well. I am having the opposite symptom I am afraid ( I am going to the bathroom a lot and my doc said if I do not drink a lot of water I will dehydrate) 1st tri you either go a lot or not at all. The mix of having a stomach disorder and being pregnant has made me skip over being constipated and making me go more than I would like and causing some serious pain along the way. :cry: Today I feel pretty good and yesterday did not get sick with my stomach so hoping that is over.

What is everyone doing for NYE??? I do not want to be one of those pregnant people who do nothing so we are having a little party but now all I want to do is go to sleep and the guests have not even arrived yet lol.

Aw ladies I'm feeling your pain, it's like my morning sickness is coming out the wrong end (TMI I know!) def not fun. Hope the dulcolax is working for you!

Addie I was the same, we met friends at a bar for new years but I was feeling so crappy we had to leave at 11:30 and celebrate Midnight in the car ride home. I felt terrible making him leave but just couldn't help it :( Hope you were able to stick it out later than me!

I'm not going at all :( When I rarely do it's like goat poo :rofl:

wow sounjds like everyone is feeling as bad as me... I have found that zofran is my new best friend!!! I can actually function throughout the day its nice! about to go to work talk to you all later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->