anyone due August 2011?

Merry Christmas girls! Have a wonderful day! How's everyones beans going?

Merry Christmas girls! Have a wonderful day! How's everyones beans going?

Hey, another Alaska girl! Hiya! :hi:

My little blueberry is doing good, I think.

As for me, my pants are tight. I wish it were a bump, but I'm pretty sure it's Christmas cookies! :blush:

Happy holidays everyone!

Merry Christmas!!!!! I am going to a family party soon and it is going to be so hard not to scream out IM PREGNANT!!!!!! My DH wants to wait till I am 12 weeks.

Hiya.... thought id join in! Im due 5th August :happydance:- just at 8 weeks now.. wish it was 12 weeks already!! Cant wait to tell everyone its killing me keeping it a secret! Has anyone else told people they are pregnant or are you waiting until the 12 weeks?

Hope everyone is having a good Christmas!

Lucy xx

Ok my father-in-law announced I was pregnant at Christmas LOL.

So the past couple days my BB's have been killing me I can not go without a bra. I am wearing a sports bra to bed tonight. Every time someone in my family hugged me tonight I wanted to scream bc my BB's were pushing against them!!!

How is everyone feeling and how was everyones Christmas!

For those who were following my friend's twins progress (they were born via c section at 23 weeks), Tabitha passed away at 3am on December 24th in her mother's arms :cry:

Ok my father-in-law announced I was pregnant at Christmas LOL.

So the past couple days my BB's have been killing me I can not go without a bra. I am wearing a sports bra to bed tonight. Every time someone in my family hugged me tonight I wanted to scream bc my BB's were pushing against them!!!

How is everyone feeling and how was everyones Christmas!

Oh Addie, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! I'm the same way - I've had to resort to wearing a nursing bra at night - I figure I'll be able to use it again in a few months! :)

I know there are a lot of things we can not eat so I am having a hard time deciding on what to eat for lunch. I usually have cold cuts on bread but I hear you should not eat cold cuts? What about lean pockets???

What does everyone suggest having for lunch??

Breakfast and dinner I am find it's the lunch I am lost on. What do you bring to work, and what do you eat when you are at home. I am about to go shopping we are having a big blizzard and we are going to stock up on food.

Thank you!

Oh my that is very sad! What caused her to go into labor so early and why could the doctors not stop the labor???

@ Addie - where did you hear that you can not eat cold cuts? I need to talk to our dietitian at work and see if she has any meal planning tips for all of us. I always remember from nursing school and OB rotation that you were to cut back on caffeine intake and soada ( my friend drank so much soada she was in the hospital with bad kidney infection)increase water intake ( I can Amen that my son was born with problems and some were due to low fulid r/t poor intake of h20) I have cut back oon salt and things like that I'm trying to eat things with no MSG and lots of preservaties. Try to stay fresh with cooking with olive oil using fresh fruists and veggies I love SEAFOOD my husband is from Miami FL we go 2x a year even have things shipped here but I know the murcury in it is not good so you should cut back. But feresh fish is good for you the fish oils are said to stimulate brain function and make for a smarter baby.

It's so confusing as to what we can and can not do. I just want my doctor to give me a long list that says EAT and DON'T EAT.

I 4got who told me cold cuts are not good but they said that and tuna are on the do not eat list???

Lunch Meat and Pregnancy
Is it true that pregnant women should avoid lunch meat and cold cuts?

It is true—sorry to break it to all you deli lovers. There are two reasons that doctors tend to be concerned about pregnant women eating lunch meat. First, lunch meat has been known to be contaminated with listeria, a food-borne pathogen that can be life-threatening. Listeria can cause stillbirth, premature birth, birth defects, and spontaneous miscarriage.

My recommendation is to avoid eating deli meats and cold cuts as much as possible during pregnancy. Certain meats like hot dogs, ham, bologna, dry sausage and other cold, ready-to-eat meats are especially prone to listeria contamination. If they are an important part of your diet that you simply can't give up, you can reduce the risk of listeria by reheating the meat until it is steaming.

The other concern is that prepackaged meat usually contains high levels of sodium nitrate. Unfortunately, few studies have examined the effect of nitrates during pregnancy. However, research has demonstrated that nitrates can decrease the blood's ability to effectively carry oxygen in infants, especially those under the age of four months. With these two concerns in mind, I recommend that my patients avoid lunch meat when possible.

nice to know... I was just reading some meal planning tips and most of it if fresh items like a roasted turky sand. on whle grain bread. or roasted chn with steamed veggies. I guess I can see why you should not eat things with all the presertavies in them. I looked at a slice of ham under a microscope for a science class it had been opened for 3 days and it had microbes all over it. I just never have heard that.... thanks for the info!
GOOD THING I HAVE BEEN TOO SICK FEELING TO REALLY EAT MUCH :(

thinking about going to the store to pick up stuff for a smoothie in the morning :) about the only thing that sounds good right now :(

also not sure where you buy your meat but try not to pick any up at walmart you want to use a meat dep. in your local store b/c walmart addds chemicals and radiation to their meat to make the shelf life longer!

I have something to share with all of you that is so sweet!!! MY HUSBAND HAS MY SYMPTOMS!!! He has been very gassy and when I tell him how nasty he is he says baby I can't help it I have symptoms.... Well the last 2 mornings he has woke up with morning sickness. N/V and the works hot, light headed, room spinning... But after a glass of juice and some cool air in a few hours he is ok. I think that means he really loves me LOL :)

Thanks for the tip. Today I am going to buy:

crackers and peanut butter
aplesauce
bananas
brown rice
multigrain cereal
oatmeal
popcorn
sweet potatoes
Turkey (But not deli turkey) I will cook it and put that on bread.

good idea. you can buy an oven ready turkey ( I did for yesterday) it goes from the freezer to the oven in a fool proof baking bag and only takes 3 hours. its the breast and back part only but it is really good my family loved it! plus less hastle when you are feeling bad! I think I will buy smoothie stuff, fresh items, crackers, but I'm going to buy some dove chocolate covered almonds. The almonds for the protein and the chocolate for some energy!!!

Sounds GOOD! OMG my cat is really just not smart. She got stuck behind a table and could not get out my husband had to pull her up when she stretched out her arms and nowwwww shes trying to get back into the spot where she was stuck!

OK I am off to the store it is starting to snow. Be back in a bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->