Anyone due end of November, early December????

What will they do at the induction, and how overdue will you be?

Xx

Monitor baby and then insert a pessary to try and kick start labour/contractions. They will do this twice, three times at most and if agreed by a dr. If this doesnt work, I'll have to have a c section.
Xxxx

Ah I was 12days over with Casey too, didn't have her til 14days over though. They gave me 5 bloody pessaries! Then broke my waters at 1cm n put me on a hormone drip for 12hours of contractions before givin me a section when they discovered she was in distress!

Ohh its Christmas! Merry Christmas everyone!

Xx

Cymrublonde - if you haven't already had baby, good luck with induction!

Xx

Hi Jadey - thank you for your message.

Sorry for delay in posting on here.
We had our baby!!! :))

We had a little girl and on Christmas Day! We have only today decided on her name, Freya. I had a natural birth and she was the first baby to be born on Christmas Day!!

She is beautiful and I absolutely love having her here!! :))))

Merry Christnas girls ! :)
Xxxx

Yay! Congratulations hun!

My friend s niece is called Freya :) what a pretty name. Funnily enough she was a christmas day baby too.

Oh what a lovely present!! Are you able to upload a pic?

Xx

Thank you very much!! We thought of it as a pretty name too and that's the sort of name we wanted once we met her. :)

I will post the whole birth story tomorrow and some pics for you babes , thank you.
I know I am probably biased, but I think she is very pretty and I am absolutely in love with her. :)
Xxxx

Looking forward to reading birth story & seeing the pics !! :)

Hope you're enjoying motherhood

Xx

Hi all,

I cannot quite believe I am writing this after reading so many of them over the past few months, but our baby girl has arrived into the world and did so in style picking Christmas Day!!

My contractions started Christmas Eve, around lunch time while my husband and I were in Tesco. They weren't very painful at this stage and were not regular enough to do much about. That evening as has become tradition when Christmas is spent in Wales not Ireland ( we alternate years as my husband is Irish) we spent the afternoon/evening at my sisters with my family and she had made a beautiful meal.
The contractions started to get slightly stronger and more regular as the evening went on (about 9 minutes apart by around half 7pm). We left there at about 8 and I only live about a 2 minute walk away. By about 9pm and after a bath to try and ease the pain, they were more painful and between 6 and 9 minutes apart.
I phoned the hospital who said to come in once the contractions were 3 minutes apart or I was unable to cope with the pain. I tried to have a bit of a sleep thinking if it was labour I may be glad of that. Within minutes of getting into bed a contraction came and it was very painful and after that they were about 3/4 minutes apart. I kept feeling the need to poo(sorry if tmi) and the last time I went to the toilet to poo at about 12 I heard an almighty gush and it was my waters.
We decided to head to the hospital and I was examined at 1am and was 6cm dilated.

My gorgeous baby girl was the first baby born on Christmas Day weighing 6 lbs 12 and I somehow pushed her into the world with no pain relief.

I am still very sore, but can't feel it when I look at her! :)
Xxxx

Thanks for posting your story! Many congratsss :)

How is little one through the night. Are you breastfeeding?

Hope you're gettin some sleep!

Xx

Thank you!!! :)
I breast fed all day for the first day. Freya was very mucusy and wouldn't take and got quite upset. The hospital advised me to stay in and have help feeding that night. I didn't want to as it was Christmas night but knew itd be best for Freya.
We tried bottle feeding then and to be honest it is working for us all really well.i

I have attached some pics.
Xxxxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1
She's gorgeous! Well done!! :)

I'm totally knackered today! 2 tough nights in a row with Hayley & then just Casey being demanding through the day when I've got little energy is so difficult. I can't wait until I can drive again, its been too long!

Xx

Thank you very much. :)
Freya isn't sleeping at night really apart from the odd hour. I am really tired today bit genuinely loving it all. :)))

How much longer until you can drive?

Xxxx

She'll be 6 weeks on jan 9th so that's when I can start driving again. I feel like I'd be fine to drive now but I'm not sure I'd be insured until 6 weeks anyway so ill just leave it until then!

Happy New Year!!

Just up atm feeding little one. Been a better night sleep wise tonight to the last couple, so that's a nice relief. Did you do anything special for new yrs? I had a glass of wine with OH, we watched a film n I napped on sofa til midnight, hehe

Xx

Congrats Cymrublonde! What an amazing story!

How are you Jade? Baby Eddie is still waking every 1-2 hours at night! When will this get better??

Hi julia, I'm well thank you :)

I've found last couple of nights that hayleys been a bit more relaxed with a little bath before bed. Ill give her a feed then a warm bath with some bedtime bath squeezed in, a little massage with bedtime baby lotion, dressed into pjs then a cuddle until she settles.. She seems to have slept a tiny bit better at night for having it but she's not a terrible sleeper generally speaking anyway

Is he awake less during the day or about the same day and night?

Xx

Hi julia, I'm well thank you :)

I've found last couple of nights that hayleys been a bit more relaxed with a little bath before bed. Ill give her a feed then a warm bath with some bedtime bath squeezed in, a little massage with bedtime baby lotion, dressed into pjs then a cuddle until she settles.. She seems to have slept a tiny bit better at night for having it but she's not a terrible sleeper generally speaking anyway

Is he awake less during the day or about the same day and night?

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->