Anyone else already have a boy or a girl and is having another boy or girl?

charlotteb24

Noah & William's Mummy
Reaction score
Its really starting to bug me now that people automatically assume that because i've got a 2 year old son that i am gutted that this little bump is a boy too!! i'm absolutly over the moon that i am going to have too boys so why do people automatically think that i am not?

typical comments include: "ohh well you can always try again.." and "ohh nevermind at least they will be able to grow up close thogether" etc etc!

I wanted 2 boys more than i wanted a girl and a boy lol i think it will be awesome for Noah to have a little play mate! And easier having 2 with a 2 year gap who are the same gender! so why is it auto assumed that i will be gutted?? drives me mad!! :dohh:

I totally agree! When I had my second boy everyone assumed I would be upset but I was thrilled! They are so naughty and cheeky together (despite the 11 year age gap) and I love it. I had quite wanted a girl this time round but was still happy to find I was expecting another boy, though I found people's reactions hard as they all seemed disappointed it was a boy!

When we have another we just hope people won't assume we're trying for a girl because we won't be, we'll be trying for a baby!

Enjoy your boys x

its probably more of a reflection of how they would feel rather than you people seem to think in order for it to be perfect you must have a boy and a girl which is rediculous really and like you said it will be lovely for your son to have a brother close in age to him x

I would have loved a girl bit i am happy that both boys with them having close ages gap they will (finger crossed lol) be best of friends

X

I am expecting our fourth girl lol, and I am often asked would I have liked to have had a boy, and truth be told, I would have loved to have a boy, but I am over the moon with going to be a mummy of four beautiful healthy girls :D

The comments I get a lot are
'aww pitty baby wasn't a boy for your husband'
'aww are you going to try again? although 4 is more than enough'
lol!!

I just butt in extra quickly now when I know something about babies sex comes in question lol!, and say 'Yes we are over the moon with us going to have the 4 girls :D' lol

We dont know what we are having yet but everyone is assuming we would rather a boy as we have already got a girl when really I dont mind. Yes it would be wonderful to have one of each but if we have another girl I will be estatic. People always assume OH wants a boy too to do 'boy' things with but he would actually prefer another girl. Our daughter while she is 'Princess Phoebe' with her bracelets and nail varnish will quite happily spend the day going around on Daddys quad and helping him paint our new house.

I find it annoying too. I'm having my second little girl and although we would love a little boy, we are so excited to have been blessed with a healthy baby. I love doing girly things with my dd and I'm looking forward to seeing them grow up together and have that special sister sister relationship. We will try for another in the future but we will be happy with whatever god blesses us with

We're staying team yellow but already FIL keeps harping on about how it would be just perfect if this one's a girl. Yes it would but it would be equally perfect if it's a boy. While it would be nice to have one of each, I think two brothers would grow up to be closer than a brother and sister. I am one of two girls and my sister and I are super close so why wouldn't I want that for my own kids?

i know exactly how you feel I have 3 boys already and when people found out i was expecting again i got "are you trying for a girl" "NNNOOOOO WE ARE TRYING FOR A BABY boy or girl i dont mind"
Had my scan yesterday and baby was being awkward and couldnt find out so have to go back next week as they couldnt get all the measurements but i really dont mind what i have,

Glad its not just me! lol! its the dissapointment they seem to have when i tell them which bugs me! We weren't trying for a girl we were trying for a baby!! lol!

OH has 2 boys from a previous marriage plus our son and blue bump on the way and even though this will be his 4th boy he is over the moon!

I can understand why people would think we wouldn't be, especally my other half, but we truely are happy and i really do think after seeing how un-close my oh and his sister are, that 2 children of the same gender should find they later in life they have a lot more in common. SHOULD, not will haha!!

Its almost like they don't believe me also when i say that i am delighted im having another boy!! in some cases anyway! yes a daughter would have been equally as lovely, even out the male orientation etc but i love my man and his army of mini me's :)

I am fearful of this! I dont know what Im having yet but I *think* its a girl by the way this pregnancy is so dofferent to the last BUT honestly I wont mind if its another boy but i will mind if ppl assume im dissappointed. Its started to get irritating cos whenever I say "oh I dind out the sex in 4 weeks:" the immidiate response is always "Hope its a girl"

When people ask what you're having - just say in a really happy voice 'It's another GORGEOUS BOY!! I'm SO GLAD we're having a brother for our son' - that'll shut them up! How can anyone be negative to that...

:kiss:

Funnily enough I had a scan yesterday and was breaking the news to my work colleagues that I was expecting and they all said that they thought I would be wanting a girl. I said no actually I was hoping for a boy and was pretty convvinced it was a boy and they couldn't/wouldn't believe me. I said that as I already had a boy, I knew where I was at with them and had all the stuff for a boy including clothes toys etc so I would be mad not to want another one but would be happy with a girl too as the main thing was for it to be healthy.

I had had the CVS and the full results had come through on Saturday so yesterday after my scan I phoned to find out what sex the baby was - its a boy. OH and I are delighted and needless to say my DS is estatic that he is getting a baby brother.

I get sooo annoyed with people that make negative comments about a babys gender. I have a 2 year old little boy and expecting another boy and couldnt be happier about it. I love the fact they'll have more in common and can share a room and be buddies! I would have loved a girl too but as long my baby is healthy then thats all that matters to me! Genders not that important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->