Anyone else doing IVF/ISCI in June?

Lolalulu, sounds like a burst blood vessel. My nurse said that could happen, no pain, just a bruise, nothing to worry about :) Where abouts in the UK is hubby working? Very hot here at the moment :-S

Good luck with your scan tomorrow, Cazd!

Todays injection wasn't too bad. The lump was a smaller and didn't last as long... maybe i'm getting used to it?! Think I'm still stressing myself out about the injections though. Had a bit of a cry yesterday and DH has offered to do the injections if i can't... didn't cry today but have a killer headache and my neck hurts. DH says it's tension and to try and relax... if only!

Anyone here on Lupron or something similar....I have not gotten my period since last cycle 4/24...is that normal?

Good luck tomorrow Cazd....keep us posted!! I am going in on thurs for my baseline :)

Tickledpink...I feel the same about the injections..I know they don't hurt but it doesn't seem to get any easier. Just think to the future and that little bundle(s) of joy we will have!! My DB is in Reading(spelling?)...he is working for BG. He told me about the weather and how light it was when he went to bed last night. Are you close to there?

baby dust to all

Evening all!

Lola, that's great that you get to have your man home this week, you must be so looking forward to seeing him!

Tickled, sorry to hear you're having a hard time with the injections. I know what you mean about trying to relax- it's easier said than done isn't it?!
If you do end up on synarel nasal spray it's not that bad. I've been on it for 5 days and it's fine. You get a bit of a nasty taste but it goes away soon enough :)

cazd, baseline today for you right?? Really hope it all goes well for you and that you get to start your stims (and bring on the crazy - yeah!!)

Not much to report with me. Just more synarel this week, and stopping the pill on Thursday, so I guess I will have a little bleed. How long does it take after the last pill for AF to show up ladies? Next day? Couple of days?

Anyway, after that I'm on the countdown to baseline scan too... 8 days and counting! woo hoo!

Hey girls, hope you are doing well.

Tickled, not sure how you are doing injections but i found standing up was easier than lying or sitting - worth a try anyway?!

Mrs JA, i really just observing you all at the moment. Waiting for AF to show (about 8th June) then have to wait for day 21 of my cycle to get going. Short protocol this time for me so not so many nasty jabs!

Good luck to you all!

Lola, I'm on Buserelin but I only started taking it five days ago so I'm afraid I can't help. And Reading isn't too far from here, maybe a 90 minute drive. Supposed to be even hotter here today... give me winter anyday! Injection time in half hour... it'll all be worth it soon - I hope!

Angel, I'm doing the injections sitting down, it's safer that way in case I faint :laugh2:

MrsJA, hubby says if the lump isn't bothering me and they seem to be getting smaller, then don't phone the clinic, unless I'm really worried... I think he's the one worried though... that they'll take me off Buserelin and will put things on hold again. Don't think I could take the nasal sprays, I can't even do the one for colds without coughing and sneezing... I'm such a wuss :laugh2:

Hi Girls
Please may I join?? I was on the May thread with my first round of IVF, I got to egg collection stage but we had to abandon as there was some unidentifiable fluid on my uterus :dohh:

So I am now waiting for the lovely :witch: to arrive so we can start a FET.
It really feels like she is on her way actually so we may be on the move again soon!

xx

Hi Chickies! I'm currently taking the pill until 6/6 and then will begin my baseline on 6/10. I would love to just press a fast forward button to the transfer day and know that all went well. The waiting is what's going to drive me nuts. We're going to the class for the injection administration on Wed evening so I'll get to learn what you ladies are all talking about. Luckily I'm not afraid of needles so hopefully that will benefit me plenty.

I'm hoping to begin acupuncture this week to help chill me out as well as up the odds of the pregnancy being a successful one.:happydance: I see that a couple of you are also doing accupuncture. I'm really looking forward to the relaxing element of it. I've also found some podcasts that I downloaded on IVF and meditations which I'm hoping will help. Not sure if any of you have heard of 'No Pea in the Podcast' (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/no-pea-in-the-podcast/id158763426) but it's been so helpful to hear someone talk about what they've been through in trying to get preggers. It's so relatable.

Is everyone excited about the possibility of having twins?:blue::pink:

anywho, Wishing you all much sanity, warmth and baby dust all around!

Claudia

hi ladies i posted in the may ivf section but everyone seems to be coming to the end, i thought that as most of my things will be happening in june ill be better here!

Started dr on 20/5with buserelin, injections going ok so far although this hot weather is not helping with all the hot flushes im getting on anight,

my est e/cdate is week comm 14/6.

tickled when i had a round of assisted in january i was also getting a rash n bumps round injection site but after a week they stopped, had them also for 1st couple this time as well but have stopped now.

Hi Summer, nice to see you and the furbabies again!

Welcome also to Clussy and Rosie :hi: great to have you guys in the thread!

Summer, that sucks about your last cycle, did you get to retrieve egss before you had to abandon, or does it not work that way? Fingers crossed you have better luck this cycle :hugs:

Clussy, I know exactly what you mean about the fast forward button. This long cycle is driving me nuts!
Interesting question about the twins... I'm only transferring 1 because that's the standard protocol in Australia, where I live. If you want to transfer two you have to sign a waiver and stuff.
But if we fail on the first two cycles, we've said we'll do 2 embies on cycle 3.

Rosie, your dates sound pretty similar to mine. What date do you start on stims?

Tickled, I agree with your DH about putting up with the injections if you can. I have gotten paranoid about delays since I started all of this. I have learned sometimes it's better just to push on!

Angel, lola and cazd - hope you guys are good! Cazd, let us know how that baseline went.

lots of love and babydust xxx

Hi Summer Breeze! Hope you have better luck this time :thumbup:

Hi Clussy! I know exactly what you mean about that fast forward button... I keep wishing things would hurry up but as my grandad always used to say, you keep doing that and you'll wish your life away :dohh: Definitely excited about the possibility of twins! I think DH is more excited than me :laugh2: He thinks it would be great two for the price of one. Apparently if we went on the NHS they only put one back but seeing as we're going private, they put back two. Keeping everything crossed for twins :D

Hello again Rosie! Think I saw you in the May thread a few days ago. I started DR the same day as you, 20th May, also on Buserelin. The injection wasn't too bad yesterday, the lump was definitely smaller and I could hardly see it today. So it looks like things are calming down.

I just wish I knew when my est EC is... they haven't said a word about it. Would that be because of PCOS? They said they have no idea how I will react to stimms and it will be based on a lot of scans, so I guess it's a waiting game... and I'm not a patient person :laugh2:

mrs ja, not sure on when stimms start have to wait till baseline scan to make sure dr is ok but pretty sure it will be middle of next week tho, do you know when your ec is going to be yet? how many cycles have you had?

tickled great news on injection getting better, i dont think it will have anything to do with pcos think they only know with me because i has an assisted cycle in jan....all same drugs as ivf/icsi just without ec, so they know that im a fast responder to stimms, are you on metformin?

x

Yep, I'm on Metformin. Been on it almost three weeks now. Most of the side effects have worn off but just lately I seem to be getting the stomach pains again, although this is different to before and is more like trapped wind, so I'm not sure if it's the Buserelin.

Hi Everyone

I have also came over from the May IVFs. Started down reg on saturday already feel a bit emotional and hot at night.

Good luck everyone xx

Hi Tory!

I started just a couple of days before you... no hot flushes for me, but with this heat I don't think I would know the difference lol. Good luck to you too :thumbup:

Girls... Just a quickie. I'll catch up after my baseline scan today.
Just wanted to report a painful buserelin injection this morning that bled and instantly turned into a hard lump!
It's defo not an allergy.... Probably more that the liquids got trapped. I'm hoping it'll disperse in a few hours.

Evening girls!

This is my little farewell note - I'm off on holidays for a couple of days now! I'll be back next Tuesday, so will look forward to catching up on how everyone is going then!

Rosie, I'm supposed to start stims next Wednesday, so you and I are super-close! I'm not sure when EC is either, but I was told I can expect to be on injections for about a week before the trigger. This is IVF cycle 1 for me - how about you?

Tory, welcome to the thread and to down reg! :hi:

Tickled, Clussy, lola, cazd, summer and angel - hope you guys have a great couple of days! Speak soon xxx

Ooooh mrs... Have a wonderful time! :wave:

my lump post was to put tp's mind at ease...
It must just be yr skin and how the layers are...

Anyhoo I'm at the clinic waitin for my scan. I'll update when I get back to work!

Morning All!

Clussy I know exactly what you mean, I'm forever wishing my life away to the next step! I'm doing acupunture too, I have the most wonderful lady, she's a little bit ilke a counselor too, I always feel heaps better when I've been.

Hi Rosie :hi:

Hey MrsJA!! Yeah we did really well with that side of things actually, we got 7 eggs, 6 of them fertilised and 5 embryos were good enough for freezing so we're really happy!
Have a fantastic holiday!!

Cadz hope your scan goes well!

Hey Tickledpink, I know what you mean about being impatient, I am waiting for a call about my protocol and it is driving me potty!!
I think it will all depend on how you respond as we're all different but I would have thought they'd be able to give you a rough idea, I was given the week they thought it would be.

Hey Tory! Seems a few of us are popping across! Hope the injections are going well, things start moving really quickly as soon as you start injections I think!

xx

Any news, Caz or are you still waiting? :p My injection yesterday was just fine! No big lumps or rashes the past couple of days but I have noticed that the following day I have a small bright red dot that shows up... much better than the itchy bump before!

Nope, Summer Breeze. They haven't given me any dates at all. Not even a guesstimate... So at the moment I'll just keep on with the DR. Hopefully the :witch: will show up about this time next week then I can give them a call and arrange a scan.

Have a great hol, MrsJA! See you Tuesday :thumbup:

Well, i'd better get ready for work... last night tonight, then I have two days off... and then it's the weekend :happydance:

Pink... (I'm gonna call you that 'cos I realised that TP is like in "TP inspector" xx)

I'm great thanks... I had my baseline scan yesterday and the lining is SUPER thin so my bodys reacted well to the drugs.
She showed me my ovary which had 17 dormant follicles on it and she said that there's no reason that some or all of them won't respond to the stims.

So I did my first stim injection yesterday (gonal f) and again this morning.

Pink - I reckon if you really push the needle in so your skins pushed down too there's less chance of it bumping up. My bellys still really sore where I got that lump yesterday - my heart goes out to you for having that happen more than once!
I really hope you get that :witch: soon - it must be awful just waiting without any dates to get excited over. :hugs:

Tory - the only side effect I've had on the Buserelin is night sweats. where I wake up all hot with sweat round my neck. Sounds like its affecting you in the same way ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->