Anyone else doing IVF/ISCI in June?

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a lovely bank holiday weekend.

Lola, must be lovely to have your DH back, it's so hard going through all these crazy hormone surges!

Clussy, think we might be similar timings, I have my baseline scan on Friday to check if this horrible fluid that caused my last cycle to be abandoned has gone, if so I'll have my down regulation injection then then start the oestrogen a couple of weeks after so will be looking to do ET W/C 28th June all being well! My drugs have just arrived too, so exciting!

Mrs JA, lovely to have you back and your time away with your Mum sounds heavenly, what a lovely treat. Hope all is going well with you.

Tickledpink, yeey for :witch: arriving!! Well they didn't get my dosage right at first and had to increase it after 5 days so I ended up stimming for 10 days but think it would have been shorter had I started on the right dose. I think at my clinic they advise it's somewhere between 9 - 14 days.

Cazd hope your scan goes well!

Hi everyone else

xx

I know everyone is different but I'm just wondering... what's the average number of days on stimms? Anyone?

hey pink....I have done 3 cycles of gonal-f and every one has been different. I am now on my 4th and wish I knew so I would know a definite ER and ET date. I think every cycle we respond differently..and that is why we are monitored so much through the IVF cycle.

thanks for the info, summer breeze and Lola!

It's just that DH is getting impatient and wants some idea of when EC would be... and I thought I was bad! :laugh2:

Oooh pink. Congrats on af! Did u get to speak to the nurse?

Well I got it wrong. Turned up for my scan and I was a day early :dohh:
the bank holiday really threw me!

Had really strong ov pains today and it's day 6 of stimms so I hope I'm not over-responding. The clinic planned EC after 14 days of stimms. Maybe that's the average round my way?

How's you guys doing?

You got yr new drugs summer! All set. Hope Fridays scan goes wellx

Hey.... Glad yr feeling less emotional now. Must be lovely to have yr man home Lolaxx

Oooh pink. Congrats on af! Did u get to speak to the nurse?

I did get to speak to her but only after DH kept bugging me to ring her... again! I told him that she would ring me back but he wasn't having any of it :roll: Anyways, she said she got my message but hadn't called me because the woman that usually books the scans is off until tomorrow... She said it would probably be Monday 7th but she'll ring to confirm. So now I feel like a pest... DH can ring her next time. I swear, he's getting more impatient as time goes on :dohh:

As for going to your scan a day early... how did you manage that? You've even got on your siggy.... first follicle scan the SECOND of June!!!! :rofl:

Hi girls!

Well, my end-of-down-reg scan went well today and my lining is nice and thin, so it's on to the gonal F!

I did my first injection tonight and it was fine, no pain or anything. I did have a bit of a freak out though because when I primed it, a LOT of the liquid came out, and I think maybe I have ruined the dosage - ie there won't be enough in it for another shot.

Did anyone else do that?

Anyway, I'm really pleased the next step is finally underway - woo hoo!

Tickled, glad the witch has arrived - yay! Hope you're starting to feel better too hon. PS - my DH rings the clinic and bugs them about stuff all the time, so I can totally relate it that! :blush:

Cazd, lol about turning up for your appointment a day early! You poor thing! 14 days on stimms hey? How many ui of gonal F are you on? I am expecting to only be stimming for a week or maybe 10 days, but I guess every place is different...

Lola and Rosie, you should both have had baselines today too - any news?

Clussy, I've got acupuncture tomorrow too. How did yours go?

Summer - yay for your drugs turning up! I felt the same way today when they handed me mine after the scan :)

Hope everybody has a great night xx

Morning MrsJA... or should I be saying evening? :p

Great news on the scan!! :thumbup: Afraid I have absolutely no idea about the Gonal F thingy. I'm still trying to remember the dosages and how she did it, mixing powder with water etc... I need to check it with them again as it was too much to take in last time. My nurse is going on hols on friday so she wanted to go through everything with me there and then when doing injection training in case they missed something but i've forgotten it :blush:

Still feeling :sick: and with this damn coldsore I look like something from a horror movie and I think I have a cold coming so at DH's suggestion, bless him, I've booked three days off. That way I can dose myself up, get some rest and hopefully shift the cold before we get down to the serious stuff.

Off to get my hot water bottle. Hope all you ladies are doing well! :hugs:

morning girls just got back from hospital, baseline went well lining was3.5ml they said anythingunder 5 isgreat, andhad 16 folls and 14 on other side, as long as blood test results are ok they will ring me to let me know when im starting on stimms and what dosage so finger xd it will either be today or tomorrow.

hope your feeling better soon tickled.

glad your doing ok mrsja i think sometimes you do lose some liquid because there is a lot more of it in the stims the pressure in the syringe builds up.

x

That's great news, Rosie!!! And what's the blood test for? No one has mentioned more blood tests, just scans... :huh:

Just had a call from Julie, my nurse. I'm booked in for my scan on Wednesday (CD9) at 7.45am which wouldn't be so bad, if I didn't finish work at 1am :sleep:

Pink - that's fab news - a scan on Weds :wohoo:

MrsJa - Congrats on the Gonal injection! You're on your way!
I don't 'prime' the stuff - I just suck it in there and I'm off - Do you mean getting the air out? My nurse said not to worry about that. I don't leave huge air bubbles - just little ones...
I'm on 225 of the gonal-f. What's your dosage?
oh by priming - do you mean mixing the liquid with the powder?

Rosie - that's great news that your linings nice and thin. And all those follicles - that's FAB!

Well... want to see what follicles look like? They left me in the room to do my gonal shot after my scan today and I realised the machine was still on so I snapped a pic on my phone :dance:

Attachments

• follicles.jpg
    follicles.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 15
hmm... I didn't have extra blood tests either - Rosie - what're they for?

Well anyhoo - I'm back in on Friday. I've got around 17 follicles and they're between 7mm and 18mm - they've kept me on the same dose and they're gonna book the EC date at Fridays scan.

Unfortunately - I do have a possible problem... I've got scar tissue around my ovary and they might struggle to get to the follicles safely. They're not sure yet if it'll be a problem - if the follicles grow and the ovary moves then it should be OK - but they said to prepare for the worst - just in-case.... :hissy:

I guess I'm just keen to get this all done with now. Of course I'll be devastated but right now these OV pains are constant and really painful. I guess its just one more shot of gonal before the scan....
They said the Buserelin is stopping the follicles from rupturing so they should just grow and grow. Fingers crossed everythings OK....

Love the pic, Cazd. :thumbup: I think I would've done the same thing, if I'd been left on my own. Ok, I know I would have :laugh2: And I do hope everything will be okay, Cazd. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you :hugs:

Hi Girls....well scan looked great! I had 4 follies size 12 and multi under that..which the nurse said was good for 1st scan and 5 days of gonal-f. Waiting for my plan to see when I go back and if I stay on same dosage or if it needs to be adjusted. Looks like everyone is moving along in the cycle :) Acupuncture was wondeful yesterday...nice and relaxing...I recommend it to all. DB is home and it has been great...especially since my emotions are back in check. Sending much love, happiness and baby dust!!

love the pic caz! hope all goes well on friday for you!

great news about your scan tickled bit early in the morning though! :S

blood test is to check estradiol i think thats how you spell it, they test me every other day to make sure that the hormone level doesnt just shoot up but i only maybe have one other scan after todays maybe two, you girls may have more scans rather than blood tests, to be honest its a bit of a nightmare having bloods done every other day as my body doesnt like to part with blood! last time they ended up using my hands!

theres a link here about estradiol, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estradiol

BRAVO! When do you get your plan? so exciting!

Hey Cazd...I just got the call...I go back in again tomorrow for u/s and bloodwork..they also lowered my gonal-f from 225 to 175. Like Rosie..I also have bloodwork done with u/s. Tomorrow will be the 3rd time for bloodwork and 2nd time for u/s this week!

Wow, you're all producing plenty 'a follicles so far! That's so exciting to hear!

cazd, brilliant idea in taking the pic of the follicle sonogram screen! I love it! I can imagine it makes it feel all the more 'real'.

We had our pre-cycle appt w/the nurse tonight and went through everything, starting w/my baseline appt next Thursday and all the medications again. I made sure DH had a good understanding of the mixing, doses, etc... because I get so excited that sometimes I don't retain it all. I'm loving reading about all of your scans and progress so far, since I'm on the latter end of the June cycle. It gives me a great idea of what I can expect (of course it varies from one of us compared to another).

Am thinking of you all and sending you very baby:baby: filled vibes.

Evening lovely ladies,

Sorry for being so absent this week! I was out Wednesday night watching SATC2 with the girls, then again last night for dinner.
It's nice to be home and having a couch night! :)

Day 3 of stim injections today and so far, so good! I did a bit of a hatchet job on last night's one and managed to make it bleed (!) but apart from that it's all going well!

pink, hope you are tucked up in bed and starting to feel better. A couple of you guys have talked about gonal-F and mixing stuff with water, which has me confused.. In Australia when you get gonal-F it's just in liquid form in a pen that you attach a needle to. How are you guys doing it??

Rosie, good work on the baseline - yay!! Have you started stims now?

cazd, your follies are looking good! I'm only on 150 of gonal f - I hope it works and that I can catch up and have follies like yours! Sorry to hear about the possible problem with your scar tissue though. Tell us what they say...

lola, you are making great progress too!! I wonder when your EC will be???

Clusssy, great to hear that you're on your way with the injection lessons. Not long now!

Lots of love and babydust ladies xxxxxx

Hey Ladies, Just popping on to say Hi.
Nothing new to report for me just a waiting game till the 17th to get everything started. I'm glad to read your all doing well. xxx

mrsja a sounds like youve been busy!

i presumed if everything was ok with scan i was gonna be starting stims on wed but they wanted me to wait until today so today is day 1, you ladies seem to be on gonal f but im on menopur not sure what the difference is?

my belly seems to be gettin sore now though last night and tonight it started to bleed were injection went in hopefully only will have another 8-10days.

hope everyone else is doing ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"