Anyone else learning to drive?

Ive had my license 1yr and 3 months. I still hate driving somewhere unknown. Ive still not made it on a motorway, dual carriages i love. The idea of a motorway scares the life out of me but really its just an extra laned dual lmao

Too many lanes freak me out and I panic haha my bf wants to make me go on a motorway and drive around Stoke where he's from but again it's so many lanes :dohh: Ile have to tackle it eventually if I want to start taking my boys to more fun places and not have to rely on my bf doing the driving

I've not made it on the motorway yet either lol xx

I've forced myself onto busy places. I've done city centre at rush hour, loads of dual carriage ways, city bypass but not a motorway yet. I've done 3 lane roads before so should be fine, the speed terrifies me when getting on the bypass.

Crap, test tomorrow :( last test I was really nervous at all for some reason.. This time I'm really anxious. Doesn't help that I haven't had a lesson since, but I'll have on before the test so hopefully I haven't forgotten everything!

I love motorways, but only when it's quiet :haha: I HATE slip roads. No one ever seems to move over for you here and it scares the life out of me. I will go the longer way round if it means avoiding one! :blush:

My little Micra has died :( Overheating, thought the headgasket had gone, but turned out to be radiator and thermostat. Clutch has gone. Fortunately my best friends partner is a mechanic and has fit me a new clutch, and is going to fix up the rest of it when he gets time. It's been a month now though. So I had to resort to buying a new car - got a bargain AGAIN as it only had 2 days MOT on it, bit of a gamble, but it sailed through it!

:happydance:
12046795_10153244791618412_8023009113218862229_n.jpg

Crap, test tomorrow :( last test I was really nervous at all for some reason.. This time I'm really anxious. Doesn't help that I haven't had a lesson since, but I'll have on before the test so hopefully I haven't forgotten everything!

Good luck hun - my situation was exactly the same - no lessons after my failed test until the morning of my second test. Have you looked at taking something to help keep you calm? Kalms are supposed to be good. I spent the day before my test on youtube, watching driving tests and lessons. xx

Good luck hun - my situation was exactly the same - no lessons after my failed test until the morning of my second test. Have you looked at taking something to help keep you calm? Kalms are supposed to be good. I spent the day before my test on youtube, watching driving tests and lessons. xx

Thats such a good idea! Whenever I did something wrong - well, not wrong but had a lesson that needed improvement - I'd watch loads of YouTube videos on whatever it was. Definitely helped me then :)
And I have some rescue remedy, I'll have to remember to take some!

Good luck pandacub!

faydanilelle I love my beetle, they are great runners so hopefully it lasts u awhile 😊

just booked my test for the 31st of october.. shitting myself!!!

Well ladies, I failed! Though I thought the drive went absolutely Dreadfully, it turns out I only got 5 minors. Serious was for driving too close to a parked car :|
Actually feeling fairly positive though. i think because I was so so so nervous, I honestly thought I was going to cry, and now it's over, haha.
Booked again for two weeks and have a two hr lesson the day before. Like with most people, I drive lovely on a lesson, as soon as an examiner sits beside me my brain goes on holiday

Argh how frustrating! Did you think you drove too close to the car? Well done for just rebooking and not letting it out you off x

Yeah, I probably was driving too close to it, there were cars parked on either side of the road and I was concentrating too much on the oncoming traffic and deciding wether or not I could go.. I wasn't going to crash into it though! But, I should have just stopped before it.
I hate these type of situations. My instructor is going to take me onto lots of tight roads where i have to use my judgement a lot. Hoping that will help :)

Oh no sorry to read this :( its such a good thing you put straight back in for it though. Feel for you having to pay out so much its soo expensive isnt it!! Fingers crossed for next time, nerves are a horrid thing!! xx

Nerves are terrible! I think I'm going to get some rescue remedy sucking sweets.. Just having something else to focus on might help (fingers crossed!)
Fortunately the wait times aren't long here so I'll have a test every two weeks until I finally pass :)

I passed 3rd time, so hopefully 3rd time is also lucky for u!

Nerves are terrible! I think I'm going to get some rescue remedy sucking sweets.. Just having something else to focus on might help (fingers crossed!)
Fortunately the wait times aren't long here so I'll have a test every two weeks until I finally pass :)

Sorry to hear you failed, Pandacub :( I do think examiners are tough - if you didn't hit the parked car, what is the problem?!! There will be times when you do pass, that you will have to pass incredibly close to parked vehicles, especially when there is one either side of the road. If you pass safely, without hitting them, I don't see the problem personally? :nope:

Glad to hear you're not letting it knock you back though - try and try again! Third time is the charm, as they say! xx

Oh God, I've got my test (again) tomorrow, and the lesson I had today just went awfully :cry: my instructor had to brake for me twice and remind me not to drive too close to the lorry parked on a busy road (I was on a small road, approaching a fairly busy roundabout, oncoming traffic and had a wobbly bike rider in front of me, so it was All going on!) I feel so deflated at the moment and feel like I will never be a good enough driver to pass this damned test :nope:
I just go into 'fight or flight' mode and it makes it so difficult to make sound judgments when I'm in that state of panic. Gahhhhhh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->