Anyone else not packed yet?!

Mrs Dot

Mummy to Harry
Reaction score
I'm 38+2 and not finished packing my hospital bag yet! I've got most of the stuff in there but I can't motivate myself to finish it off! Not even started on a bag for bump and dh yet! I think I feel that if I do, then it'll come early, but I don't want to be rushing round whilst I'm in labour packing the last bits and bobs and risk forgetting something either!

I think it's just me trying to deny that labour is going to have to happen and I'm going to have to go into hospital! I hate the places so much!

Anyone else the same as me?

Not started packing mine yet. Mainly because im taking a small suitcase and its in my mums loft and i keep forgetting to get it when im over! that and i just cant be bothered!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D haha!

to be fair, i've only just got my last bits into the bag.
i'm in so much denial! I can't believe in a few weeks i could have a little person relying on me, it's just SURREAL.

though she's making sure i don't forget about her by pushing so hard now.

aslong as you've got everything you'll need, i wouldn't worry :) xxxx

I've had mine and bubba's done for ages but only just made sure everything is washed. Hubby hasn't got a bag I've mentioned it to him but I don't think he's bothered, ill end up throwing a t shirt in my bag for him.

Me too! Haven't actually bought everything I need yet! I'm hoping to shop and have it packed by this weekend.

I haven't done mine - I'm using most of my toiletries and such every day. I have a list printed and plan to do it just before we go.

Argh, I keep forgetting! I should really start tonight, or I'm going to keep putting it off and get caught completely unprepared.

I packed mine a while ago but havent sorted it out properly - Hubbys isnt ready either - Ive been nagging him about it told him we must do it tomorrow so we are all set.

We also going to sort the bedroom out tomorrow get the mosses basket in the room ready and work out where to put the baby monitor too, before he goes back to work on Tuesday.

OO and on top of that got to pick the buggy up on tuesday providing its come in the supplier let us down and Ive had to order bits from different places so will be running round to sort that out too.

OO when I write it down like that I realised I still have a bit to do ....arrrr.....:wacko:

Good luck everyone with the last minute plans:thumbup:

i brought a lush bag b4 crimbo .. and its still empty just can't be arsed with anything at mo ...
must get motivated ,,,, might make it a new yr resolution .... lol xxx
i think i have burn out ... and i have convinced myself i'm going to be over ... cause i'm soooo uncomfortable now ... and i'm not a lucky person ... wishing the nxt 4 weeks away

Well, I bit the bullet and forced myself to do it yesterday! Had a bit of a mad day and went on a cleaning spree and finished mine and bump's bag's then went ot family party at sil's. Bump making me pay for it today though, hardly slept a wink last night and have felt really tired and ill today :( bit of a bonus though MIL asked yesterday if I'd got a new dressing gown for hosp - love how old school and correct that is! - and I said no was just going to chuck my old comfy one in (I have no shame!) ANyway she came round today and she'd bought me one in the sales from M&S! How lovely is that!

So, I have me and babys stuff ready to go....hubbys bag??? What does he need?? Is it just a spare T-shirt or two? If so that can go in my bag?

I've put him some clean undies in and a t-shirt - will prob put his toothbrush and deodorant in tomorrow if I remember too! Hopefully he won't need them though!

Go Mrs dot glad you got it sorted and how nice of your mil.
Ellie my oh hasn't bothered with a bag so I figured he can suffer, I've been asking him for weeks. I suggested he packed a book, clean t shirt, boxers and toothbrush but he made the valid point that he'd be better off coming home for a wash and clean up as he might not be able to at hospital. I'll probably pack him a t shirt anyway.

Go Mrs dot glad you got it sorted and how nice of your mil.
Ellie my oh hasn't bothered with a bag so I figured he can suffer, I've been asking him for weeks. I suggested he packed a book, clean t shirt, boxers and toothbrush but he made the valid point that he'd be better off coming home for a wash and clean up as he might not be able to at hospital. I'll probably pack him a t shirt anyway.

So, I have me and babys stuff ready to go....hubbys bag??? What does he need?? Is it just a spare T-shirt or two? If so that can go in my bag?

For hubbys bag I am bringing him a change of clothes (tshirt, jeans, undies and socks), a washcloth, a hand towel, shower gel and deodorant. I have the hand towel and washcloth in there and I'll put his change of clothes in a bit closer to time and then I will have a list so he can put what he needs in it when the time comes.
The reason I am having a separate bag for him is so he can leave it in the car, use it if he needs a wash and change, then take it home. I have been packing my bag and beleive me, you need all the space you can get because the bulky packs of maternity pads and nappies.

Im not packed yet nearly there iv got like 2 small bags for baby like wash stuff in one and then clothes in the other and everything else lol and then iv got a big bag for me but its all over the place at minute i think i have everything just need to be put into the bag if itll fit :haha: ill end up taking a suitcase if it dont fit! im now thinking if i forget anything my dad will have to go home and get it for me or something lol! but i keep re-arranging it every other week and im now making a checklist what iv got and what is left that iv forgot about :haha: lets hope were all sorted soon :D

The list on the sticky thread helped me tons - I copied and pasted it and put it onto a word doc on the pc, then deleted and added stuff as I saw fit to suit what I want to take. I've saved it on my pc and printed a few copies off as I've packed my bags - it's been really useful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->