Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

I am new to this thread and didn't read every post, so my post might be a little repetitive. I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks on November 11. I had two blood tests done after to check my hCG levels. My last blood test was on November 28 and my level was down to 5. My husband and I have had sex several times since then. I have not started my cycle and I took digital two tests yesterday and both were positive. I took three tests today, 1 digital and 2 with lines. The digital and one of the tests with lines was positive. The other test came out with a very faint positive. I went back to the doctor today for another blood test. Any suggestions or advice?

Hiya - just looking for some advice. Just had a miscarriage and want to TTC asap. But I'm a little confused about where I stand with the hcg levels. I just did a pregnancy test exactly one week after the miscarriage started and it still says positive. Is it important for the hcg level to drop back to normal before attempting to conceive again? Nobody at the hospital has mentioned this, they just said wait one month ...so a bit confused at the moment! Thanks for any responses.

Munchie I echo what the others have said. Sorry you find yourself here and for your loss:hugs:

Fili - your hampers look wonderful, what a lovely gift.

Ickle - manage to see your picture now we have proper working internet. Your cake looks amazing.

emum- :haha: absolutely hilarious link, just what I need after being stuck on the wrong side of the river from home until 10pm tonight. Weather is still wild.

Mrsmig - how was your afternoon? It is amazing how incorrect some stories can be when you how it should be done.

Hi loz:wave: and everyone else

Thanks Pink :) I've had to hide it away to stop DH eating him!

Mrs temple - Sounds like a confusing time. I think going for a blood test is what we would've suggested so you can confirm that this is a new pregnancy and not retained products and you've already done that so its just a matter of waiting now to see what they say.

Think though that you have to remember that the darkness of the lines can be influenced by whether or not it was the same urine sample you used both times - it'll get more dilute throughout the day and also it could just be that the tests had different amounts of dye in them.

Fingers crossed you get some good news from your doctor soon.

Afm - another BFN and a bigger temp drop today so just a matter of time now :(

That cake does look so good ickle, it would be hard ot resist it!!

Morning everyone... no bad dreams no cramps! The 'roids are making me so hungry though. I was up at 6am this morning for a feast! I have also ordered another 100 hpt tests so I can obsessively test through xmas, don't want to be getting the shakes on xmas day!

Mrs migg hope you had a better night's sleep and got through yesterday :hugs:

Pink - are you going to carry on hpt line testing? Did you book your ski holiday?

emum - hope you had a safe night

Loz - hope your ebay funds are looking good for the purchase of more hpts / opks!

Hi Louby, Aunty, Tara and welcome mrs Temple :hugs:

Mrstemple - fingers crossed this is a new pg and I am sure the blood results will show that. Let us know how you get on.

Fili - yay for no dreams and cramps for you. My aches have subsided too. I will be contacting the EPU next week to see if I can get a scan between Christmas and New Year or just after. Last pg I got really itchy hands and feet and it started a bit again last night so I am a bit worried about that. Do I have to tell the GP about my pg? I did the first time but that was because I had to see him again as a 'new patient' as they accidentally took me off their books!!

Ickle - hugs, if this is not your month the next one will be with a nice New Year bfp.

Mrsmig - hope your day today is better, are you working today?

Hello to Loz, emum, auntlo and louby and everyone I have missed.

Morning everyone!! Pink, itchy skin is a perfectly normal healthy pregnancy symptom so I would say that's a good sign.
Not sure how it works in your health authority but here you need to get the number for your local community midwives (if you ring or pop into the gp they will give you it) and call them. We call and leave a message and they ring you back and get you booked in the system. A week or so later you get your date for your booking appr and your yellow notes. The gp doesn't need to see you in this instance any more. Which I think is a bit poo.
Fil, had a rubbish day yesterday, very stressful and my sinuses were in agony. I have made a docs appointment this afternoon.
Ickle, that seems to have done the trick with my ticker. It became heavy red flow so I changed it. My second AF after my mc last time was horrible so this one may well be too.
MrsTemple. Welcome, and I hope you get good news.
I have loads to do today and I feel crap. I had to turn down a days extra work for £50 cash that would have come in really handy because I have so much to do, toddler group party this morning, playdate this aft which I have to go to to return a Peppa Pig DVD! Doctors and somehow find time to get the Christmas tree which OH is moaning about because he doesn't want to fork out £20 for a real one. But I have told him I am not budging!
However he gave me a big cuddle this morning and told me he was really sorry I wasn't pregnant. Which made me cry.

Oh and Fil, yay for the no cramps and nightmares!!!!
[edit] Oh, and the hampers are bloody gorgeous!!!

Thanks Mrsmig - awww what a lovely thing for your hubby to say.:hugs: hope the witch isn't too hard on you this time and your sinuses give you a bit of respite. Dressing the tree will hopefully give you a bit if Christmas cheer in your very busy day.

I did see the gp mw at 9 weeks last time and got my 'notes', other than that it was a pointless waste of time. She gave me 2 months worth of extra vits that ran out 2 weeks later!.

I got urticaria on my legs and stomach along with the itchy hands feet. The Dr didn't know why that was last time and I couldn't take any antihistamines either. I can cope with this if it is normal but just worried it might not be.

Good Morning Ladies :)

Fil, great news about the cramps and nightmares being non existent :happydance: and your hampers look lovely. My friend and I have been making sweetie bags for stocking fillers that are proving to be a bit of a hit. We do Cany Bars for wedding and parties and thought we give ready made sweetie bags a try and they are flying out :) although I do keep munching on a couple as I'm making them Woops!

Ickle, I'm so sorry for your BFN hun. Next month will be our month for sure :hugs:

MrsMig, the comment from your OH just made me get tears in my eyes - what a darling! I hope the witch gives you an easy ride.

MrsTemple - welcome to our lovely thread :wave: from what you have stated it all sounds very positive to me fxd your get your new pregnancy confirmed at the docs. You will have to let us know!

I hope everyone else is well this morning :thumbup:

AFM - The witch is being a total BI*CH :growlmad: I have the worst stomach cramps and also feeling very sick. I have become very heavy today too - much more than I ever used to be. Did anyone else find this with first cycle after MC?

Mrs Miggins - that was a really sweet thing for your DH to say. I'm not surprised you cried.

Pink - I know in Angus it's the same as Mrs Miggins said. We just call the local MLU and they arrange it all, the GP's don't get involved unless there's a problem.

It's looks like there'll be a few of us starting the next cycle together. Hope the witch is kind to us all. We'll have to make sure we have the pregnant ladies share of alcohol over Christmas :drunk:

Aww mrs migg :hugs: thinking about you. just keep saying the mantra, i have a lovely hubby, a beautiful daughter, and i'm going to be pregnant soon. Just remember how lonely and awful your life would be without your family now. Hope that helps you :hugs: Sinuses is a big BUG though, painful and irritating, hope the doctor sorts it out for you :hugs: :hugs:

Pink - i booked in at the docs so i got registered at the hospital but not sure how it works where you are. my doc always tells me to come back as soon as i know so she can register me. it's a bit of a joke between us that this is my 4th maternity excemption card though! my 25miu line is really dark today which i'm happy about but it's not as dark as the control yet. i'm not getting a scan till after xmas :ignore: not thinking about it! Are you going skiing?

Louby the sweetie stocking fillers sound lovely!!

Have any of you ladies experienced having the hpt come back darker AFTER the miscarriage then before it? And by darker I mean like 5-10x's darker?

I'm afraid not Dodger. After my MC the hpts got gradually lighter until I got my negative two weeks later. Sorry I cant help lovely xx

Mrs Miggins - that was a really sweet thing for your DH to say. I'm not surprised you cried.

Pink - I know in Angus it's the same as Mrs Miggins said. We just call the local MLU and they arrange it all, the GP's don't get involved unless there's a problem.

It's looks like there'll be a few of us starting the next cycle together. Hope the witch is kind to us all. We'll have to make sure we have the pregnant ladies share of alcohol over Christmas :drunk:

I think that sounds like a great idea Ickle. We can have a rather 'Merry' xmas for all the pregnant ladies on here :wine::drunk::tease:

Nope sorry Dodger, mine got a bit lighter before the mc.

I've just been torturing myself with the FF chart comparision - looking for charts the same as mine with the first +ve test at 13DPO. There was a few so I did a few overlays and my chart actually looks better than some of theirs! Why do I do this to myself??

I go in for follow up beta testing today anyway, so that should give an answer in theory. I was testing just to see if the hCG was out of my system now that the bleeding has completely stopped and I was just so surprised to see the line appear so fast and be so much darker then any I'd done prior!

It's probably just my body being weird, but I can't help but hope anyway.

Oh Ickle I found myself doing the exact same thing a couple of days ago but my chart actually looked worse than the ones I overlaid on.

I will be holding hope for you as you are not totally out until the witch arrives. Sending you :hugs:

Dodger its good that you are going today as at least they can clear it up for you either way. I think its totally normal to hope it means something and I will have my fxd for you. I cant remember when you said your mc was so not sure if it would be too early for a +hpt but fxd it could be. Let us know how you get on :hugs:

I love FF but sometimes I wish there was "lock me out for X days" option to stop me obsessing lol!

Dodger its good that you are going today as at least they can clear it up for you either way. I think its totally normal to hope it means something and I will have my fxd for you. I cant remember when you said your mc was so not sure if it would be too early for a +hpt but fxd it could be. Let us know how you get on :hugs:

Yeah it was planned anyway to monitor my hCG levels to make sure they were decreasing like they should. It's been only a few days, so no possibility of a secondary pregnancy yet. I passed a couple quarter sized clots on Friday. My OB's nurse seemed surprised that my bleeding had never gotten worse then a normal period and that I had never had painful cramping. She was also surprised when I told her I was having nausea still.

Like I said, it's probably just my body being weird, but I wasn't expecting this at all. I've been googling things and keep reading about 'vanishing twins' and things...

I love FF but sometimes I wish there was "lock me out for X days" option to stop me obsessing lol!

I think that would be a handy button to have - it would save us all from going a little crazy at times hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->