Anyone else recently miscarried...waiting to try again a month or two....JOIN ME!!!

babydoodle

Reaction score
I would like to have some buddies who have recently experienced a loss and are wanting to try again in the next few months..i have to wait a month at least as i am just recovering from my d&c...but i hope to try again in january...i cant say that i havent thought about trying earlier...i heard that women are more fertile after a mc but im not sure if that has truth or not...i was ss sick while taking prenatals during these past 3 months of pregnancy so i am hoping to just take folic acid supplements im not sure...let me know if you suggest anything...i have heard that some women take a flinstone with some additional supplement...ive also heard of taking baby aspirin but dont really understand why...also heard of robitussin but again not quite sure why...JOIN ME!!!

Hi BabyDoodle, I'd love to join you!

I had a mmc and d&c 10 days ago (i was supposed to be 12weeks but baby never developed past 8 weeks). My doctor said i had to wait one normal cycle before ttc again. Me and DH are keen to try so as soon as I have a normal cycle i'll be trying again.

I have no idea how long it will take for AF to arrive though- some girl's have come bang on 28 days after the surgery and others have been waiting months. I really hope im a 28 day girl- though i took a hpt today to see how my levels are and i got a very strong positive so still lots of hormones bouncing about!
Im also super nervous about whether it will even happen again. Trying to stay positive and other peoples stories and experiences really help.

Keep in touch with how you're getting on :)

Hi BabyDoodle,
I had a D&C on the 16th Oct and finished bleeding about 2/3 days ago. I am already BD'ing again as I too want to be pregnant as soon as possible. My doc said that we could start as soon as we were ready.
I know it is heartbreaking what we've been through, my thoughts are with all of us. We have to keep going and hope for the best, I know easier said than done!
I'm not sure if I want my period or just want to be pregnant straight away. I know I'll probably be so sad when it does come the first time though.

I was approx 6/7 weeks pregnant but didn't find out until nearer 10 weeks.

x

Oh its so nice to hear from you guys! Mine was a missed miscarriage I was 12 weeks...very heartbreaking...i do want to get one cycle before trying and i just know im going to obsess over getting pregnant again...we were very lucky to have gotten pregnant i just wish i knew what exactly went wrong. My D&C was on tuesday and have just been spotting a little...i too hope i am going to be 28 day cycle after the D&C (hopefully being cd1) I will definately keep posting on this thread and update whats going on..i have a doc appt on tuesday to check beta level one week after D&C and hope it goes back to zero FAST!! Please keep updating!!!!!

I know what you mean about wanting to know what was wrong. I keep asking myself but ultimately I know that it doesn't really matter, it wasn't to be and now my baby is gone.
I have 29 day cycles and am always on time, it feels odd to not know when my period will come back because all I want is to be able to start tracking again and BD at the right time!
Def keep us posted with how your appt goes. I don't get a check up or anything, the hospital told me unless I was in pain or severe bleeding, just to wait until period came back and start again.
I am going to try doing a pregnancy test next week when I am two weeks on from the D&C, hope to see a negative but I don't think the hormones will have left my body that soon..
Keep in touch x

Thats a really good idea! I have heard of other women who use a pregnancy test to see if there are any hormones left in their body. My cycles are every 26 days so well see what happens i hope they regulate well after all of this trauma. I will def. post on here what happens at the doc.appt.

Hi girls how are you today?

I took a hpt this morning and the test line was definately fainter than the control line- so my hormone level is definately dropping, yipee!!
Gonna test again on thursday- thats 2 weeks after my surgery so hopefully it will be negative then.
How funny is it to actually want to see a negative on a hpt- things are so weird at the moment!

Im going back to work tomorrow (had a week off after the D&C- my job is really physical) Got the blues a bit about seeing everyone because they all knew i was pregnant and what ive been through- dont want to deal with everyone asking me how I am, i'd just rather not talk about it.:nope:
It'll be okay though. I'm on holiday in a week so at least its only 5 days before a nice break.

Hope everyone is well and feeling positive x

Hi Everyone, I started bleeding when I was 8 weeks 2 days pregnant, that was on the 18th of October. My hormone levels suggested the baby stopped growing around 5-6 weeks. I am still bleeding fairly heavily now and passing clots, it has been 11 days. I'm desperate for my hormone level to go down so that we can begin trying again!

I had an mc on Sept 18. I think that I was around 5 weeks. Not sure though because I had the mc about 36 hours after I took a test at home and I didn't get to go to my first doctor appt for bloodwork.

I skipped trying last month, (I ovulated 12 days after the mc) but we have been trying like crazy since I think I'm ovulating today or Monday. It's going to be a super long two week wait.

Baby aspirin helps your lining build up so it's nice and thick for implantation, and it also can prevent clotting so the baby and placenta get good bloodflow. I'm taking baby aspirin, fish oil, prenatals, and they also increased my thyroid meds to help me out since I have a low thyroid. At this stage though folic acid is definitely the most important thing you want to make sure you have plenty of.

Sorry for your loss, and hope you are all doing ok.

JohnsonGirl- i am also returning to work tomorrow after taking the week off because of all of this-and also want to be left alone at work about all of this i dont want to have to discuss it with co workers they can be so damn nosy...i am a bit anxious about returning...i just want to get the week over with so things can return to normal for me...let me know how your day goes...good luck
Waiting2 try- did you just mc naturally or have a dnc? Im desperate for hormone levels to be at zero too...i want my period to be normal and nothing be messed up from all of this.
JLeigh-i think it is possible for the hormones to go away after 2 weeks especially after a dnc because they get rid of any leftover tissue and the levels drop rapidly i hear...maybe thats why i keep feeling like im on an emotional rollercoaster...everything annoying me...

mackjess- oh that baby aspirin thing makes sense now i didnt understand it before...well i might try that...i am going to take folic acid i dont want to take prenatals yet they make me so damn constipated...i think...maybe it was the actual pregnancy that made me that way

oh how exciting that your trying again already i hope its your month...i cant wait to try but i am nervous that my anxiety is going to be crazy since i already have some anxiety issues...i just want to relax and i feel that will be very difficult...i hope we all can keep supporting eachother it will make things easier when we have to have our 2ww and dont want to announce pregnancy to the world yet!!!!

I learned about the baby aspirin on this site. I love it.

I take prenatal without iron, the ones with iron hurt my stomach and made me feel constipated too!

I didnt know they sold without iron...i need to check into that...
I have to admit that i am very nervous that about going through this again...i have heard that the first few months after a mc the women is more fertile..and i read that there is an increased chance for pregnancy in the first 6 months following a mc..dont know how true it is but it makes me more ready to try soon thinking about increased odds!!

i also just had a miscarriage and im waiting a few months to try again, but im soo scared it will happen again :( that was my first pregnancy

It is scary to try again i agree...but i am excited to become pregnant again...it was amazing that i was able to get pregnant when i did and i know i will be a nervous wreck but it will be so worth it when i get to hold my lil baby...praying that this mc was a one time thing.....

Hi lovely ladies,

JohnsonGirl - that's encouraging that the lines are getting fainter, it's going in the right direction at least. I think I might do a test on Tuesday as that's 2 weeks since D&C. I hope work goes ok tomorrow, I know what you mean about wanting people to basically leave you alone! I have a colleague who got pregnant just after me and was so unhappy about it, she's doing fine with her pregnancy which makes me sad (sounds so mean!)

Babydoodle - we definitely need to keep supporting each other. It's very scary thinking about trying again and all the stress that goes with it but we WILL get our BFP's - we have to!

The doc told me to definitely keep taking folic acid after the D&C so I have been taking that but might look into this asprin..
x

Hia ladies, my miscarriage ended a little over a week ago and was over quickly. Me and my oh have already started trying again, and i don't want to miss the supposedly high fertility period afterwards.
I am also starting back in work tomorrow but positive about it, want to get back to normal as much as possible.
Good luck to you all whenever you decide to restart ttc xxx

Hi and welcome to all the new ladies x

I've started bleeding again today- grrrr so frustrating, just want some normality back. Hubby has just set off to work away for 5 days so you ladies are my official support structure now!!! ;)

I'm still taking folic acid and multivitamin. Not sure about the aspirin because I already inject heparin every day for a clotting problem- I may overdo it if I take the aspirin- maybe I'll ask my doctor.

Just found out one of my friends is pregnant 2 months after a mc- I love positive stories- we can do it too! I'm starting to feel a bit excited again :)

Felix26 - sorry for your loss, so many of us in this situation, it's awful. Good on you for being so positive, we need to keep it up!

JohnsonGirl - we'll be pregnant soon just like your friend!
Sorry hubby has left for a few days but you have us to chat too if you need to, here to support right the way through until we have our babies!

I am going to keep BD'ing until I get my baby! DH is being so supportive, it's wonderful x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->