Anyone else starting IVF October/November 2015?

Tiff that's great, 6 embies, happy days!! No I don't get anymore updates now until Wednesday! So nervous!

Psalm Congrats on hearing the heart beat. Awesome feeling eh can't wait to hear it again.

Tiff great news !

Kat when is your test again?

AFM AF came yesterday so we have a chance to at least be pupo at xmas

Unlucky - that's great news! Here's hoping your PUPO for Xmas.

Kat - I have never done the "cleaning out" though I guess it makes sense. Did your dr tell you to do it?

Tiff - great news! Really hoping you have some good ones by Day 5. How many will you transfer?

Mrs. W - oh the agony of waiting! I hope you have somethings brake your mind off what I can only imagine is torture. Praying for good news for you Wednesday.

TTC - best of luck for the result of your now completely out of date beta! When do you go in for your viability scan? I am now 6w3d and baby was measuring 6w2d yesterday - so right on schedule.

You are all so right about how amazing it is to hear the heartbeat - I wish it for all of you really soon and you have been such a wonderful help to me in this process! I hope this tread continues to be lucky!

Unlucky: Glad AF showed up so you can get started:winkwink: I go in for my blood test December 10th. I don't think I'll be testing before as I only have a couple of FRERs left that are 2 months over their shelf life and can't get them before then anyway as I need to order them from the UK. I know though that I'll be a wreck that day though as I have to go in in the morning and can call early afternoon for the results. This is going to be a crappy Christmas if it's a BFN :( Plus I won't be able to get started with the next step (an FET or IVF #2, depending on if we have frosties or not) until January after New Years since they always make you take a break 1 cycle in between. Not that I could reach it anyway because of the holidays since they're closed between the 24th (which is when we celebrate Christmas here) and New Years I think, maybe they close already the 23rd.

Psalm: Yes my RE told me to. Otherwise you get lots of build up around your cervix that doesn't get absorbed, it just sits there.

AFM I'm 4dp2dt today. Going in to my dentist for that root tip amputation this afternoon.

UPDATE: So turns out that the guy that came in to do my operation feels we shouldn't go ahead seeing as how it's not an emergency (e.g. I'm not in any pain) and he's afraid that the anesthetic could potentially have a negative affect on my pregnancy chances. He says it's more sure to wait until the 2nd trimester if I'm pregnant this time and be on the safe side since he doesn't want for either of us to feel it may have been the surgery that caused me to get a BFN this time. Funnily enough he felt we should wait but my female dentist and her female assistant said they'd both have gone ahead with getting it done if it was them :wacko: So we set up an appointment for March that can be moved if I don't get pregnant this time but it first happens in January.

Unlucky - that's great news! Here's hoping your PUPO for Xmas.

Kat - I have never done the "cleaning out" though I guess it makes sense. Did your dr tell you to do it?

Tiff - great news! Really hoping you have some good ones by Day 5. How many will you transfer?

Mrs. W - oh the agony of waiting! I hope you have somethings brake your mind off what I can only imagine is torture. Praying for good news for you Wednesday.

TTC - best of luck for the result of your now completely out of date beta! When do you go in for your viability scan? I am now 6w3d and baby was measuring 6w2d yesterday - so right on schedule.

You are all so right about how amazing it is to hear the heartbeat - I wish it for all of you really soon and you have been such a wonderful help to me in this process! I hope this tread continues to be lucky!

I know right! It is out of date and ridiculous! I cant believe the drs office didn't have SOMEONE in over the weekend that could have sent me a quick email. I am a bit upset over it but I am trying not to dwell! I don't have my viability scan until Dec 11th, which is when I will be 7 weeks. I am not sure why they make you wait so long! It is so awesome you were able to hear your lil bub already. My nurse said they like to wait till 7 weeks to ensure that you can hear and see something. Surely, by 6 weeks you can do that! Waiting an extra week is torture!

It's officially over. There's no fetal heartbeat.
I'm having a d&c done tomorrow.

Oh No Rebecca, so sorry hun! I know words cannot help you right now. Know that we understand your grief and we are here should you need us.

So sorry to hear this Rebecca. Take as long as you need to grief but always remember you have quite a few frosties waiting for you.

Doctor called yesterday and said we can't go ahead this cycle due to my long natural cycle. He said we could do a medicated one but it is slightly less chance of working and much more costly. I was so sad yesterday until I got another job interview this Thursday.

I believe God is keeping me be more patient. I will be transferring in Jan for sure I hope. Will be following your stories though!

Unlucky - January will soon come around, enjoy a lovely Xmas and you'll be cycling before you know it. Good luck at the job interview!

Ttc - any news yet Hun? Not long now until your scan!!

Rebecca - oh Hun I'm so so sorry, it's so cruel to loose a baby anytime but after fertility treatment is so difficult. It is good that you have frosties though so that you can try again in the new year.

Psalm I'm sorry I didn't say congrats on hearing the heartbeat!! Exciting times!!

Kat I've never cleared out either, I'll ask about that, thank you. Good for you not testing early, stay in your pupo bubble as long as you can.

Xx

Unlucky - Yes LTTTC is a test of patience.....Sorry you have to wait.

Mrs W - NO, I am so frustrated they have not called me yet. I guess they have a back log from the holiday weekend.

I just got back from my follow up with my RE. We both agree that they don't have much left of donor embryos and that I should look into the larger group in the larger city to see what they have. The IVF coordinator is going to call me back tomorrow to tell me what is left because others have their selections on reserve. I didn't really get much more from that except that he doesn't know much about immune issues and doesn't think that's my problem. Well, then tell me what it is because I'm still unexplained infertility! I have a known autoimmune disease and everything I'm looking into says that must be ruled out FIRST. So, I will get a consult with a group in NYC. It's the closest place I see from where I live. I had hoped RE would know someone closer to here, but he doesn't, so it's all up to me to figure this out. So, here goes another year down the drain and to a third RE group!

Rebecca - I am so so sorry for what you are going through. This is so cruel hun. You are in my prayers and I hope that you can take the time to grieve and start again when you are ready to. :hugs:

Unlucky - congratulations on the next job interview. Yes I often ask if God is trying to test my patience but I know he is on this journey with us, even if it seems hard to believe at times. Sorry that you have to wait another cycle, but January will be it for you I am sure.

Jean - I hope you can get some answers soon. You really need to have appropriate testing done it seems? We had to push really hard for certain tests to be done on us, and of course it didn't really find anything, but at least you have piece of mind that you have tried everything.

Kat - it's probably for the best that you didn't have the dental work done. If, and only if, something had not happened for you this cycle, you would always potentially be asking what if. That's a terrible situation to be in hun.

Mrs W - thank you! Hoping you are keeping busy while waiting for Wednesday's update. Got everything crossed for you.

TTC - I can't believe they still haven't got back to you! You might as well have gone in on Monday and then got same day beta back! Fingers crossed its good news when you finally hear it.

Hi to everyone else!

AFM - nothing much to report. We are off on a small break for a few days today. We have a national holiday in Dubai and so are heading out of town. Will be checking in with all of you and wishing those who are having ET soon all the best :thumbup:

It's officially over. There's no fetal heartbeat.
I'm having a d&c done tomorrow.

So sorry rebecca, hope you get your rainbow very soon:hugs::hugs:

Doctor called yesterday and said we can't go ahead this cycle due to my long natural cycle. He said we could do a medicated one but it is slightly less chance of working and much more costly. I was so sad yesterday until I got another job interview this Thursday.

I believe God is keeping me be more patient. I will be transferring in Jan for sure I hope. Will be following your stories though!

Sorry that you couldn't get started this month Unlucky, FXed you get the green light for January:flower:

Good luck with your interview:thumbup:

Kat I've never cleared out either, I'll ask about that, thank you. Good for you not testing early, stay in your pupo bubble as long as you can.

Xx

Yeah it might be best to wait until the blood test and just see what the results are. Especially when I'll be getting the results that same day.

I just got back from my follow up with my RE. We both agree that they don't have much left of donor embryos and that I should look into the larger group in the larger city to see what they have. The IVF coordinator is going to call me back tomorrow to tell me what is left because others have their selections on reserve. I didn't really get much more from that except that he doesn't know much about immune issues and doesn't think that's my problem. Well, then tell me what it is because I'm still unexplained infertility! I have a known autoimmune disease and everything I'm looking into says that must be ruled out FIRST. So, I will get a consult with a group in NYC. It's the closest place I see from where I live. I had hoped RE would know someone closer to here, but he doesn't, so it's all up to me to figure this out. So, here goes another year down the drain and to a third RE group!

Sorry Jean about your RE, it might be for the best to find a new one that listens to you and would be more interested in testing you. If nothing else to rule it out completely if you don't have one like this one thinks:shrug:

Hope you soon manage to find some donor embies you're happy with:happydance:

Kat - it's probably for the best that you didn't have the dental work done. If, and only if, something had not happened for you this cycle, you would always potentially be asking what if. That's a terrible situation to be in hun.

Yeah probably but I was in a tight spot as my RE said it was up to the dentist if she'd do it on a pregnant woman and my dentist then kept on saying that she would and was 100% sure it wouldn't disturb anything. Even her assistant apparently agreed with her. I just don't get though why she didn't call the male dentist to ask him to be sure since he knows much more about the procedure apparently:nope:

Hope you have a great holiday Psalm:flower:

AFM nothing to report yet although I'm attributing everything I do feel to the Crinone, just in case it's a BFN to keep myself from being too hopeful. Haven't seen my childish friend since her birthday on the 31st of October and she hasn't been asking for updates on how this IVF cycle went. The only thing she has asked if we all 4 can go in and see the new Star Wars movie on the 17th or 19th of December as her and her boyfriend are taking off on the 21st to the Faroe Islands where her grandparents live. I don't know if it's because she's just being her usual selfish self since she's studying (which is why she can't TTC now) and has a boyfriend (since she always is less clingy in that situation). I know she would've liked to also start trying around now as well (she wants 2 children: 1 boy and 1 girl, preferably in that order:wacko:) and since finding out we have unexplained infertility has been extra nervous of having a similiar issue (she's 33). I just don't know although she'll probably ask when we see her:shrug:

Hey everyone

Rebecca- is so sorry Hun no words can heal what your going through so give yourself time to heal and when your ready to get back on the horse you have frosties waiting for you

Kat- I defo wouldn't have gone with the dentist using anything on me I would be to nervous but here in Ireland all they will do if you think your pregnant or are pregnant is a teeth cleaning nothing else so I was kinda surprised your dentist was going to do that on you and are you having really weird dreams with the crinone I dreamed last night that my dr rang me and said none of our embies divided today and that they were red poison embryos it was so frightening and really weird at the same time thank god tho that's not true and I can't to hear your good news on the 10th

Psalms- thanks and well my dr wants to only transfer 1 as Iam only 22 they think Iam to young to transfer two but I did get pregnant with one day5 embie with my son but that was 3 yrs ago and the cycle we had in July they transferred one day3 embie and I got a bfn so I've been trying to push for two to be transferred as I would feel a lot better that at least one might connect and if I had twins I wouldn't mind that as I would be finished my family I only want 3 kids but they told me I do have a say but the final decision goes to my dr so I won't no till thursday for defo how many but it's looking like one

Mrs w- Iam thinking of you I can't wait to hear your report tomorrow

Afm- my dr rang yesterday and said all 6 embryos have divided she said that on day two they like to see between two cells and four cells so I had three 4 cells one 3 cell and two 2 cells so she was happy and so am I so this morning she rang again and said all 6 are still going strong she said that someone will ring me tomorrow to arrange a time to come in thursday for a day5 transfer so they will pick the best one and freeze the rest Iam so happy this time we might get something to freeze and Iam aslo to going away for the weekend after my et for some relaxing time me my hubby my sis and her hubby Iam really looking forward to it

I hope everyone is doing well sorry if I forgot anyone

Hey everyone

Rebecca- is so sorry Hun no words can heal what your going through so give yourself time to heal and when your ready to get back on the horse you have frosties waiting for you

Kat- I defo wouldn't have gone with the dentist using anything on me I would be to nervous but here in Ireland all they will do if you think your pregnant or are pregnant is a teeth cleaning nothing else so I was kinda surprised your dentist was going to do that on you and are you having really weird dreams with the crinone I dreamed last night that my dr rang me and said none of our embies divided today and that they were red poison embryos it was so frightening and really weird at the same time thank god tho that's not true and I can't to hear your good news on the 10th

Psalms- thanks and well my dr wants to only transfer 1 as Iam only 22 they think Iam to young to transfer two but I did get pregnant with one day5 embie with my son but that was 3 yrs ago and the cycle we had in July they transferred one day3 embie and I got a bfn so I've been trying to push for two to be transferred as I would feel a lot better that at least one might connect and if I had twins I wouldn't mind that as I would be finished my family I only want 3 kids but they told me I do have a say but the final decision goes to my dr so I won't no till thursday for defo how many but it's looking like one

Mrs w- Iam thinking of you I can't wait to hear your report tomorrow

Afm- my dr rang yesterday and said all 6 embryos have divided she said that on day two they like to see between two cells and four cells so I had three 4 cells one 3 cell and two 2 cells so she was happy and so am I so this morning she rang again and said all 6 are still going strong she said that someone will ring me tomorrow to arrange a time to come in thursday for a day5 transfer so they will pick the best one and freeze the rest Iam so happy this time we might get something to freeze and Iam aslo to going away for the weekend after my et for some relaxing time me my hubby my sis and her hubby Iam really looking forward to it

I hope everyone is doing well sorry if I forgot anyone

Yeah I don't know what's up with that dentist, she's normally pretty good:nope: Don't think I'll switch at this point since we're planning on moving in the next 6 months or so so there's no point. I'll be moving far away enough that she'll get me needing to find a new dentist closer to where I will be living. Might be good since my narcissistic mother uses her and won't be able to use her to get extra info on me once I move. I haven't even been able to tell her why my teeth are so bad out of fear she'll ask my mother and she'll lie and tell her that I'm lying about everything.

As to having 2 embies put back in, my RE claims it can actually decrease your chances if one is of lesser quality than the other one. Plus if it increases your chances, I've heard it's only by 5% or so:shrug: I hope your ET goes well and great news on your embies:happydance:

Thanks, I also hope it's good news on the 10th as well but preparing myself mentally in case it is a BFN.

Ya fresh start fresh dentist and aleast you don't have to watch what you say either oh really that makes me feel better about one being put back in you would think tho the rates would be higher and Ya I think it's best not to get to excited because the blow won't be as bad and if you get good news the excitement is so much better I won't be testing early either as last time I tested early and got the end of my trigger so I thought I was pregnant but when I realised I wasn't it was a lot harder to take in but I have good hope you Iam keeping you in my prayers

Ya fresh start fresh dentist and aleast you don't have to watch what you say either oh really that makes me feel better about one being put back in you would think tho the rates would be higher and Ya I think it's best not to get to excited because the blow won't be as bad and if you get good news the excitement is so much better I won't be testing early either as last time I tested early and got the end of my trigger so I thought I was pregnant but when I realised I wasn't it was a lot harder to take in but I have good hope you Iam keeping you in my prayers

Yeah, it'll be nice to tell any dentist I have the truth. I've kept on having the same dentist as her since we moved here in Summer of 1995:dohh:

Yep strangely enough I don't think the rates are higher. My clinic at the hospital also doesn't do it because they say twin pregnancies are risky since they are often born earlier and smaller, sometimes 1 or both with health issues. So they say they'd rather help people have their babies 1 at a time.

I think if I was going to test, it'd be the same morning or the morning before my blood test. But yeah, think it's probably best to not test at all. If I do get a positive blood test, I can always buy an HPT and pee on it just to see the two lines and have a pic :haha:

Thanks, FXed for you too:flower:

Jean - So sorry you have to move on, but I would def get another opinion about the immune this, especially since you already know you have an issue there. Is dr Braverman to far away from you? Good luck hun!

Psalm - enjoy your time away!

Kat- tww is torture hun, I am keeping everything crossed for you.

Tiff - That is awesome news!!!! Woohoo for a 5 day transfer

AFM - I finally got my 3rd and last beta back, it is 3861. The nurse seemed very happy with the increase so I will be happy also. My first scan is scheduled for Dec 11th. I am so excited to see what is in there!

Had my d&c today, happy to be over with it. Really just want to move on. We'll probably wait 4-6 moths to do an FET

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->